29 Pages<<2324252627>>PrevNext
 1 user liked this post.
#601 Posted : Saturday, March 5, 2016 12:11:03 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: rmbl n da jungl Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: smoothroller Go to Quoted Post
I have to say that I do agree that people who complain about no Porsche VIP discount need to check themselves, as it was clearly stated what they'd be getting with their VIP purchase.

HOWEVER

The fact that it was just announced that project cars will be releasing a COMPLETELY FREE (to current owners) game of the year edition does give me some pause, and suggests that yeah, maybe T10 should have offered something re: Porsche to VIPs.

For some reason people on here don't think Turn 10 should give anything free no matter what kind of customer you are for them.

There is a big difference between thinking and expecting what we should get for free or discounted also to what you think you're also entitled to
Discounts to the pack would have been nice but not entitled or expected
The console isnt relevant either since you paid nothing extra for it..you paid for the console and a game just like every other special edition console..no extra entitlement

But any discounts or freebies are always welcome 😊
But just wishful thinking..not expected

Also the project cars thing isnt true either..

Edited by user Saturday, March 5, 2016 12:46:08 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#602 Posted : Saturday, March 5, 2016 2:06:43 AM(UTC)
Alright.. I'll mention it again. You can't adjust the rear wing on the GT3 RS 4.0. I'm surprised this hasn't been mentioned..
"Men with guts attack those corners!"

-Keiichi Tsuchiya
 2 users liked this post.
#603 Posted : Saturday, March 5, 2016 3:21:00 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: SpeedingCow8947 Go to Quoted Post
Alright.. I'll mention it again. You can't adjust the rear wing on the GT3 RS 4.0. I'm surprised this hasn't been mentioned..

Is it an adjustable wing in real life?

3 users liked this post.
#604 Posted : Saturday, March 5, 2016 4:42:40 AM(UTC)
The more I drive VIR, the more I absolutely love it as a track.

It's genuinely incredible - and I had never heard of it!

Your local Classic Car, Ferrari, McLaren and Koenigsegg enthusiast :)
Played: FM > FM2 > FM3 > FM4 > FH > FM5 > FH2 > FM6 > FH3 > FM7
 1 user liked this post.
#605 Posted : Saturday, March 5, 2016 4:57:04 AM(UTC)

The rear wind on the Daytona charger isn't adjustable in the game either, a tonne of stock adjustable rear wings aren't adjustable. One of those things
#606 Posted : Saturday, March 5, 2016 5:21:36 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: mikebrfc Go to Quoted Post

The rear wind on the Daytona charger isn't adjustable in the game either, a tonne of stock adjustable rear wings aren't adjustable. One of those things

And I ask again.....

Originally Posted by: Ialyrn Go to Quoted Post

Serious question, because I can not find an answer on it via google or youtube. Just because it is a big wing, does not mean it is an adjustable wing. Some of them are set at a particular permanent angle by the manufacturer. Looking at pictures of the real GT3 RS 4.0, it looks as though the wing is set at such a permanent angle by Porsche.

https://upload.wikimedia.../Porsche_911_GT3_RS_4.0_(7274180348).jpg

#607 Posted : Saturday, March 5, 2016 5:26:19 AM(UTC)

I'm not sure but I think that rear wing is adjustable. I does not look like a locked version.
 3 users liked this post.
#608 Posted : Saturday, March 5, 2016 5:48:07 AM(UTC)
To those who are complaining that car x is not in this pack:

Simply enough, time and money are some big restraints. I'm certain that T10 made a budget for this pack and tried to get access to as many cars as they could, whether they are production, classic or modern, and race, classic or modern. In the time department, it can take months to scan a car for a game. This is an especially important factor in whether or not the ultra-new Porsches would be in the pack, like the 991 GT3/RSR or Cayman GT4. Sure, I wouldn't mind those cars being in the game, but I'm happy with a 991 Turbo and a Cayman GTS.

As for the older Porsches:

If I remember correctly, Turn 10 usually tries to find a willing owner of the car they intend to be in the game before ordering a copy at the manufacter to keep costs low. There might not have been willing owners of a 993, a 911 Carrera RS, or a 928 that Turn 10 could get ahold of. For the race cars, it's likely to keep costs low. Not very many games have a 917 or 935, and race cars aren't as openly available as production cars.

And for the SUVs:

I think that the SUVs in this pack (the Cayanne and the Macan) deserve just as much of a place as a 918 or 919, or even the cars not in this pack. Forza 6 is known for having a great diversity of cars. If that's not enough, the DLC in the game added to that, although a few were complained about such as the limo and the Aztek. In the same way they were able to conjure twenty Porsches from most eras and bodystyles. The SUVs are no exception.

Then again, they'd be useless online. I was and still am against banning the large vehicles online simply because of the diversity. Sure, they might be tools for "wreckers," but when used correctly they can provide lots of fun and challenge into getting first place.

Ironically, I also see a few people complaining about the lack of a Panamera, which ironically is very close to an SUV, though not exactly an SUV.

TL;DR: Time, money, and taste are why people are complaining. You can't please everyone. There was actually someone on Facebook who wanted an S14 rather than Porsches, by the way.
"...and to avoid a rant the size of Jupiter, I will end my reply here." -VerrucktSchakal
 2 users liked this post.
User is suspended until 4/12/2045 3:18:22 AM(UTC)
#609 Posted : Saturday, March 5, 2016 5:57:29 AM(UTC)
The Macan is a pretty nice ride for a crossover SUV, try it before you bash it. :) Having that said, I'd swap it for a 917 or 935 in an instant though.
@sofa: XBO 1TB + Elite Controller ~ Samsung 65" SUHD curved 3D LED TV ~ 5.1 surround home theatre
@rig: XBO 1TB ~ obutto r3volution ~ Thrustmaster TX + T3PA + TH8A + Leather 28 GT ~ Samsung 50" 3D Plasma TV ~ H&K Soundsticks III
#610 Posted : Saturday, March 5, 2016 6:08:57 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Psychomantyx Go to Quoted Post

I'm not sure but I think that rear wing is adjustable. I does not look like a locked version.

I believe the wing was adjusted by the ECU when needed sort of like active aero, not sure though.

EDIT: Okay so I just looked it up and if this picture of a replacement bonnet is anything to go by it's definitely not adjustable

Edited by user Saturday, March 5, 2016 6:11:34 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#611 Posted : Saturday, March 5, 2016 6:39:23 AM(UTC)
No 935, no 917, no '73 911RS, no brand new RSR - but oh, look, two SUVs. :(
#612 Posted : Saturday, March 5, 2016 6:44:39 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FerrariFan24 Go to Quoted Post
To those who are complaining that car x is not in this pack:

Simply enough, time and money are some big restraints. I'm certain that T10 made a budget for this pack and tried to get access to as many cars as they could, whether they are production, classic or modern, and race, classic or modern. In the time department, it can take months to scan a car for a game. This is an especially important factor in whether or not the ultra-new Porsches would be in the pack, like the 991 GT3/RSR or Cayman GT4. Sure, I wouldn't mind those cars being in the game, but I'm happy with a 991 Turbo and a Cayman GTS.

As for the older Porsches:

If I remember correctly, Turn 10 usually tries to find a willing owner of the car they intend to be in the game before ordering a copy at the manufacter to keep costs low. There might not have been willing owners of a 993, a 911 Carrera RS, or a 928 that Turn 10 could get ahold of. For the race cars, it's likely to keep costs low. Not very many games have a 917 or 935, and race cars aren't as openly available as production cars.

And for the SUVs:

I think that the SUVs in this pack (the Cayanne and the Macan) deserve just as much of a place as a 918 or 919, or even the cars not in this pack. Forza 6 is known for having a great diversity of cars. If that's not enough, the DLC in the game added to that, although a few were complained about such as the limo and the Aztek. In the same way they were able to conjure twenty Porsches from most eras and bodystyles. The SUVs are no exception.

Then again, they'd be useless online. I was and still am against banning the large vehicles online simply because of the diversity. Sure, they might be tools for "wreckers," but when used correctly they can provide lots of fun and challenge into getting first place.

Ironically, I also see a few people complaining about the lack of a Panamera, which ironically is very close to an SUV, though not exactly an SUV.

TL;DR: Time, money, and taste are why people are complaining. You can't please everyone. There was actually someone on Facebook who wanted an S14 rather than Porsches, by the way.

The 917 has previously been in Forza games, and there are a great number of 935s (of various descriptions, including many Kremer evolutions) around, and surely there's the examples in the Porsche museum they would be granted access to. I don't see why it would be a problem. I just can't believe the entire decade of the 70s was missed out of the pack. Who on earth drew up the shortlist of cars?

2 users liked this post.
#613 Posted : Saturday, March 5, 2016 6:54:15 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Rambo123UK Go to Quoted Post
Who on earth drew up the shortlist of cars?

It could have very possibly been EA that drew up the list of cars that T10 could add into the game. As far as I know, EA still have full exclusivity with regards to Porsche in video games. If that is the case, then no dev can add Porches into their game without EA's explicit say so.

The EA Exclusivity to Porsche is supposed to end sometime this year, it may have already, we sure as hell don't know. If it hasn't though, or if EA put up the cash to keep that exclusivity, then they will still very much be holding Porsche at ransom from other game developers.

As it stands at the moment however, people need to stop riding T10 on this. The only semi legitimate complaint that people have with this expansion, is the fact VIR is not purchasable on its own. As for what cars are in or not in the pack, sorry to say, but we dont get a vote. It is what it is, and some may not like the selection, but that is tough love. Life isnt fair, so get over it and move on already!

Edited by user Saturday, March 5, 2016 6:54:46 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#614 Posted : Saturday, March 5, 2016 7:05:13 AM(UTC)
I can't complain. I got the 2004 911 GT3 and the 911 GT1 in the pack. -Sigh- Even people are complaining about Porsche.
#615 Posted : Saturday, March 5, 2016 7:10:35 AM(UTC)
Are you guys really surprised to see the Macan and Cayenne in this? Forza 6 has so many port-overs from Forza Horizon 2.
#616 Posted : Saturday, March 5, 2016 7:19:18 AM(UTC)
The first overall winning le mans cars should be in the track, when turn will tell us about history of porsche. Even the 935 was a very important car much more than some of the cars in the pack.

Now a bit about the handling of the cars. The 918 understeers like a truck and have to less downforce. Even the 911 GT1 should have 8, 0 downforce. The 962 c feels suprisly unstable in fast corners for a ground effect car.
The 919 is 15 sec to slow in le mans. Is it so hard to make an accurate hybrid car. The car feels more like a lmp 1 car. The 919 have more than 1000hp when it accelerate out of corners. Same I have complained about the toyota ts040. At the moment these cars are fake and forza didn't not show the power and fascinating while driving ins such powerful prototypes. Same for the hybrid streetcars in the game.
On the hybrid cars whe see that it's really time to improve the forza tech engine, so it can handle such cars or cars with boost option.
#617 Posted : Saturday, March 5, 2016 7:46:42 AM(UTC)
Never Mind, wrong forums.

Edited by user Saturday, March 5, 2016 7:57:21 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#618 Posted : Saturday, March 5, 2016 10:17:01 AM(UTC)
One of my goals this weekend is to complete the Anthology; I have just two sets of races left and I'm happy to say that I completed all races against the Expert drivatars, which in career mode wasn't possible a few months back, as my driving has improved since then. I really did enjoy the Anthology races and look forward to completing the Showcases, which will prove to be more challenging, especially the bowling as I can't sideways drift that well...oh well.
" If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari. "
- Gilles Villeneuve

#619 Posted : Saturday, March 5, 2016 3:28:44 PM(UTC)
Its really sad for us vip's that got told we would get every car pack for a year and Ofcourse yall fallback on yalls word makes me never want to buy a forza game again cause yall are ridiculous. We should have got that porshe pack smh
 4 users liked this post.
#620 Posted : Saturday, March 5, 2016 3:35:34 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: jdmb18vtech Go to Quoted Post
Its really sad for us vip's that got told we would get every car pack for a year

Absolutely false, Turn 10 nor Xbox ever said any such thing. If someone else misled you then take it up with them. The official announcements and store descriptions clearly stated a fixed number of DLC packs (and the number of cars) in the Car Pass and VIP never offered additional DLC.
#621 Posted : Saturday, March 5, 2016 4:18:30 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Dribbly Midget Go to Quoted Post
The more I drive VIR, the more I absolutely love it as a track.

It's genuinely incredible - and I had never heard of it!

VIR is an awesome track. Sadly, it will fall to the wayside as it is locked behind a paywall.

Yes I bought the pack....and yes I'm mad as heck that they did not make this track free to all.

I feel cars are fine behind a paywall. No excuses for a track to be behind a paywall with the limited track rotation in the public lobbies.

Management at T10 or Microsoft(or both) needs a shakeup....multiplayer problems for months and now this insult.

Inexcusable.

Edited by user Saturday, March 5, 2016 4:27:26 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#622 Posted : Saturday, March 5, 2016 4:59:53 PM(UTC)
Folks, the wing on the RS 4.0 is adjustable in the real world car. Do your research.

-Keiichi Tsuchiya
 1 user liked this post.
#623 Posted : Saturday, March 5, 2016 5:47:45 PM(UTC)
Folks, the wing on the RS 4.0 is adjustable in the real world car. Do your research.

Can you show proof of that? Because all the images, video, and information I can find shows otherwise.

#624 Posted : Saturday, March 5, 2016 7:25:21 PM(UTC)

Can you show proof of that? Because all the images, video, and information I can find shows otherwise.

There's two bolts on each side that when loosened, would allow you to adjust the wing.

"The rear features a large adjustable wing with side plates. "

http://www.motoringexpos...e-911-gt3-rs-4-0-exposed

Edited by user Saturday, March 5, 2016 7:31:53 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

-Keiichi Tsuchiya
#625 Posted : Saturday, March 5, 2016 7:27:50 PM(UTC)

There's two bolts on each side that when loosened, would allow you to adjust the wing.

Just like the wing on the R34 Nissan Skyline GT-R, that wing is adjustable in real life, but not so in Forza

Verrückter Schakal | ­ ­ The Höllenhund
29 Pages<<2324252627>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error