29 Pages<<2223242526>>PrevNext
#576 Posted : Thursday, March 3, 2016 7:09:22 PM(UTC)
About to download the Porsche expansion pack, but can anyone tell me which engine swaps/ conversion in the upgrade shop are available to choose for the Porsches?
Really want to know if we can put a 4.0 liter motor from the RSR or the 997.2 GT3RS in the Cayman GTS please? Thanks
 3 users liked this post.
#577 Posted : Thursday, March 3, 2016 7:15:29 PM(UTC)
I'd love to know why you cant'd adjust the downforce on the GT3 RS 4.0. Clearly it has an adjustable rear wing. So....why can't we adjust an ADJUSTABLE rear wing.
"Men with guts attack those corners!"

-Keiichi Tsuchiya
#578 Posted : Thursday, March 3, 2016 7:43:03 PM(UTC)
I just have to say THANK YOU T10 for adding this amazing expansion pack. I am a huge Porsche fan (seriously no joke LOL). This is almost a standalone game within the Forza 6. I haven't even progressed more than 10% of the expansion and already am beyond excited to enjoy every race, car story, tuning, forzavista and so on this DLC has to offer.

Fantastic work and you should all get a nice little bonus ;)

5 users liked this post.
#579 Posted : Thursday, March 3, 2016 8:26:29 PM(UTC)
The porsche career is awesome they should do the entire next game like it. Seperate the car stories by manufacture I love hearing the insight on the cars and brands from different drivers. Basically each career story could be the evolution and development and insight behind the manufacture and the reasons and thoughts behind each car. Really enjoyed it n e ways. Of course they could have class racing stories and such too.

I know they had a little insight from top gear and a few others in the main game but wasn't done near as good as it was in the porsche pack. Truly created a good appreciation for each car and the reasons and tech behind them in the porsche anthology expansion. Love it so far very addicted to playing through it.

Oh yeah vir is awesome and very technical. Also the replay cams r much better on it than other tracks in game much better angles.
#580 Posted : Thursday, March 3, 2016 8:35:13 PM(UTC)
Amazing pack. The selection of cars could use some certain select models but overall it's a very very strong pack.

The extra career deal reminds me a lot of Test Drive: Ferrari Racing Legends (which still stands for me as the game with the worst physics ever) the break down of the history of the brand is amazing and it really helps with getting to know the cars.
Forza Faithful Since May 3rd, 2005
Former technician
 1 user liked this post.
#581 Posted : Thursday, March 3, 2016 8:46:12 PM(UTC)
Absolutely love the pack & the fact Porsche is back in Forza Motorsport. Can't stop racing & taking photos of the 918 Spyder But one thing i can't understand is why the 918 doesn't have the weissach package considering this is (& always has been) a motorsport focused game.
#582 Posted : Thursday, March 3, 2016 8:48:05 PM(UTC)
On the upgrade shop for Porsche's what engine swap options are there?
Possible to put the 4.0 liter 450/500 hp engine from the RSR or 997.2 GT3RS in the Cayman GTS ???? ;)
 1 user liked this post.
#583 Posted : Friday, March 4, 2016 2:33:52 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: GoldPlot7237601 Go to Quoted Post
Possible to put the 4.0 liter 450/500 hp engine from the RSR or 997.2 GT3RS in the Cayman GTS ???? ;)

It's not possible in any manufacturer to put licenced engine swaps in other cars, only generic ones that are 'like' real life variants.

Your local Classic Car, Ferrari, McLaren and Koenigsegg enthusiast :)
Played: FM > FM2 > FM3 > FM4 > FH > FM5 > FH2 > FM6 > FH3 > FM7
#584 Posted : Friday, March 4, 2016 3:01:58 AM(UTC)
Awesome work on the Porsche and VIR expansion, BUT T10 fix that Porsche Badge on the grey screen, to look like the other badges. You know, bigger and without the white frame/background.
#585 Posted : Friday, March 4, 2016 3:16:51 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Caramelao Go to Quoted Post
Awesome work on the Porsche and VIR expansion, BUT T10 fix that Porsche Badge on the grey screen, to look like the other badges. You know, bigger and without the white frame/background.

White frame is most likely a licensor restriction.
#586 Posted : Friday, March 4, 2016 3:20:22 AM(UTC)
Is it possible, that there is no lobby for the Porsche Expansion? I've tried a few times, but I was unable to connect to a lobby, but I could connect to a normal lobby and I could post time to the Lamborghini rival, too.
 1 user liked this post.
#587 Posted : Friday, March 4, 2016 3:34:27 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Mandity Gabor Go to Quoted Post
Is it possible, that there is no lobby for the Porsche Expansion? I've tried a few times, but I was unable to connect to a lobby, but I could connect to a normal lobby and I could post time to the Lamborghini rival, too.

If you can connect to a normal Multiplayer Hopper but find yourself looking at a "Connecting..." message then there are no open Hoppers available of that type. That could either mean than every Hopper currently running has 24 players in it, or nobody is playing in that Hopper at that time.

It happens a lot in Leagues if there is one that's not very popular.
#588 Posted : Friday, March 4, 2016 3:38:40 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: PJTierney Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Mandity Gabor Go to Quoted Post

If you can connect to a normal Multiplayer Hopper but find yourself looking at a "Connecting..." message then there are no open Hoppers available of that type. That could either mean than every Hopper currently running has 24 players in it, or nobody is playing in that Hopper at that time.

It happens a lot in Leagues if there is one that's not very popular.

Ohh, I see. Thanks for the quick reply. It should be open till 3 pm, I will try it again later.

#589 Posted : Friday, March 4, 2016 8:12:56 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: dmc DanPrez Go to Quoted Post

Well... quite close to the real thing, isn't it?

Where did you get that livery? I've seen a couple of them running around, but havent seen it as an option when searching for it (I may just suck at searching).

Also, while I think this pack could have been more and they missed out on a few cars that would have really set it over the top, I do love it and love Porsches. I've already spent more time racing Porsches since Tuesday night than I have any other brand of car and I bought the Ultimate edition and had early access too. LOL
#590 Posted : Friday, March 4, 2016 9:25:21 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: vwpilot70 Go to Quoted Post

Where did you get that livery?

Some talented dude uploaded this livery just 12 hours after the dlc was released. I didn't had to do a custom search, the livery just popped up early. However, im would suggest searching for keywords like "WEC", "Porsche Intelligent Performance" "Daytona 2016", "IMSA 2015", "991 RSR" etc.
#591 Posted : Friday, March 4, 2016 10:09:43 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Dribbly Midget Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: GoldPlot7237601 Go to Quoted Post

It's not possible in any manufacturer to put licenced engine swaps in other cars, only generic ones that are 'like' real life variants.

Thanks. What I meant was like you CAN put the mazda 787b 4 rotor engine in a Mazda rx7 or Mazda miata mx5. I just wanted to know when you're in the Porsche Cayman GTS and you go to the upgrade shop for engine conversion options, is the "Porsche licensed" 4.0 liter motor 450/500hp from the flying lizard Porsche 911 997.2 GT3RSR or the Porsche 911 997.2 GT3RS engine available to put in to the Porsche Cayman GTS to upgrade the motor? Thanks in advance. Hope that was clearer.
#592 Posted : Friday, March 4, 2016 11:19:44 AM(UTC)
Spent time tweaking and trying the various cars out when modified to the top of Class S to B. It's a good pack and going to add a lot of playing time to those classes.

For S class the '14 911 Turbo, '12 gt2,'12 gt3, '04 gt3 are the cars I like the best with slightly different performance specs for each so it's a matter of finding out which track each is best at.

For A class the Cayman is a solid performer. I didn't do much with the '60 718 in Class A but tuned it similar to the mono and it feels similar to it and will likely run with it.

For B class the Macan is the fastest SUV around. The '83 Turbo is a beast, feels similar to the '73 Trans Am. The '60 718 will likely be the car to beat in class b with handling to give the beatle a run and it's funner than the beatle.

Edited by user Friday, March 4, 2016 11:22:03 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#593 Posted : Friday, March 4, 2016 11:24:03 AM(UTC)
I have to say that I do agree that people who complain about no Porsche VIP discount need to check themselves, as it was clearly stated what they'd be getting with their VIP purchase.

HOWEVER

The fact that it was just announced that project cars will be releasing a COMPLETELY FREE (to current owners) game of the year edition does give me some pause, and suggests that yeah, maybe T10 should have offered something re: Porsche to VIPs.

Edited by user Friday, March 4, 2016 11:26:08 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#594 Posted : Friday, March 4, 2016 11:37:37 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: smoothroller Go to Quoted Post
I have to say that I do agree that people who complain about no Porsche VIP discount need to check themselves, as it was clearly stated what they'd be getting with their VIP purchase.

HOWEVER

The fact that it was just announced that project cars will be releasing a COMPLETELY FREE (to current owners) game of the year edition does give me some pause, and suggests that yeah, maybe T10 should have offered something re: Porsche to VIPs.

For some reason people on here don't think Turn 10 should give anything free no matter what kind of customer you are for them.

3 users liked this post.
#595 Posted : Friday, March 4, 2016 11:56:11 AM(UTC)
Forza 6 VIP:
Quote:
Exclusive cars, new events, and more await with Forza Motorsport 6 VIP membership! Forza Motorsport 6 VIP members receive five exclusive VIP cars, including the 2013 Ferrari 458 Speciale, 2012 Aston Martin V12 Zagato, 2013 Lamborghini Veneno, 2016 Ford Shelby GT350R, and the 1997 McLaren F1. VIPs will receive additional benefits, including double race earnings, access to exclusive online events, community gifts, and more. Get your VIP membership today!

I purchased the VIP pack and expected to receive what was listed above.

So far I have received:
5 exclusive cars (Check)
Double race earnings (Check)
Access to exclusive online events (Check)
Exclusive community gifts (Check)

So yeah, I have received and continue to receive exactly what I have paid for. I have no expectations of (nor do I have any right to expect) anything above and beyond what I have purchased.

Edited by user Friday, March 4, 2016 12:00:27 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#596 Posted : Friday, March 4, 2016 12:08:38 PM(UTC)
 1 user liked this post.
#597 Posted : Friday, March 4, 2016 12:38:34 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: vwpilot70 Go to Quoted Post

Where did you get that livery?

Some talented dude uploaded this livery just 12 hours after the dlc was released. I didn't had to do a custom search, the livery just popped up early. However, im would suggest searching for keywords like "WEC", "Porsche Intelligent Performance" "Daytona 2016", "IMSA 2015", "991 RSR" etc.

The Designer is MID LAND ZETA. He has created many liveries for this Porsche and all of them are excellent.

2 users liked this post.
#598 Posted : Friday, March 4, 2016 1:55:38 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: smoothroller Go to Quoted Post

HOWEVER

No, owners of Project Cars are not getting a free GOTY edition. We get two cars and the combined 'Ring.
#599 Posted : Friday, March 4, 2016 2:42:18 PM(UTC)
I know I said something about this before in the thread, but there are MANY Porsche legends that are missing from this pack. The 993 GT2, 964 911, 70's Carrera RS, 928 S4, Cayman GT4, 935, Panamera, 2016 911 GT3, and the 917k are all non-existent. I feel that they just got completely lazy with this pack as all but 3 of the cars in the pack were from previous Forzas (primarily Horizon 2 and Motorsport 4). Like, they brought back a 2011 911 GT3 Flying Lizard, but they decide not to remodel the car for the newest version of it (and this goes for almost ALL of the cars in the pack). The only new ones were the 718/RS60, 356a (I loved the 356 from NFS Porsche Unleashed), and the 919 (which is somehow 4-5 seconds slower than the Mazda 787b when it's fully upgraded and tuned).

Why couldn't they bring the GT4? The 928? The 917k? They didn't even bring back the 993 (my favorite personally) or the Panamera, and they were in previous Forzas.

My biggest problem with the pack is that THERE AREN'T ANY AIR COOLED 911's! How can they release a pack full of Porsches, but completely forget about this magnificent engine design? It makes absolutely no sense at all to me.

Considering these problems, I might miss out on this pack (I don't know, Porsche is too awesome for me to do this). From what I see it's just not a pack T10 really put much effort into. The cars that were from Horizon 2 and were copied and pasted into this pack drive in the same as way they did in Horizon 2. The storyline is like the original Forza Motorsport 6 story, and from what I've seen, the Multiplayer hoppers are glitched right now. The Forza 4 Porsche pack was the absolute best pack they released. Why they couldn't do that with this, I don't know. It's just disappointing to me.

-I know I don't have to buy the pack, so don't say that to me.
 1 user liked this post.
#600 Posted : Friday, March 4, 2016 4:31:44 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: mich25b Go to Quoted Post
I know I said something about this before in the thread, but there are MANY Porsche legends that are missing from this pack. The 993 GT2, 964 911, 70's Carrera RS, 928 S4, Cayman GT4, 935, Panamera, 2016 911 GT3, and the 917k are all non-existent. I feel that they just got completely lazy with this pack as all but 3 of the cars in the pack were from previous Forzas (primarily Horizon 2 and Motorsport 4). Like, they brought back a 2011 911 GT3 Flying Lizard, but they decide not to remodel the car for the newest version of it (and this goes for almost ALL of the cars in the pack). The only new ones were the 718/RS60, 356a (I loved the 356 from NFS Porsche Unleashed), and the 919 (which is somehow 4-5 seconds slower than the Mazda 787b when it's fully upgraded and tuned).

Why couldn't they bring the GT4? The 928? The 917k? They didn't even bring back the 993 (my favorite personally) or the Panamera, and they were in previous Forzas.

My biggest problem with the pack is that THERE AREN'T ANY AIR COOLED 911's! How can they release a pack full of Porsches, but completely forget about this magnificent engine design? It makes absolutely no sense at all to me.

Considering these problems, I might miss out on this pack (I don't know, Porsche is too awesome for me to do this). From what I see it's just not a pack T10 really put much effort into. The cars that were from Horizon 2 and were copied and pasted into this pack drive in the same as way they did in Horizon 2. The storyline is like the original Forza Motorsport 6 story, and from what I've seen, the Multiplayer hoppers are glitched right now. The Forza 4 Porsche pack was the absolute best pack they released. Why they couldn't do that with this, I don't know. It's just disappointing to me.

-I know I don't have to buy the pack, so don't say that to me.

People need to remember that Electronic Arts have the exclusive licensing rights to Porsche in video games, and have done for years. They hold that license to ransom, and T10 is the only dev who makes racing games that are willing to put forward the bank needed to pay for it, and possibly the only dev that has the outright financial clout to do so. We have no idea what stipulations where put into place by EA during the licensing negotiations that T10 had with them. If it wasn't for EA having those exclusive rights, then I am sure that Porsche would still feature in Forza's base content; just as it used to prior to FM4. Not via DLC expansion packs.

It really doesn't matter what cars are missing, and I agree there are a few. It is not up to us to decide what T10 can get there hands on, but we should be thankful that T10, as a dev, are willing to put forward whatever costs EA and Porsche want to bring us those cars.

In my eyes T10 deserve the measly £16 it cost for me to get those 21 cars, one of the best race tracks that have been added into the game for a long time, and extra single player components. I say a job well done in this particular circumstance, and I applaud them at their dedication to bringing us one of the biggest staples in motoring history time and time again.

EA's contract with Porsche is supposed to end this year, lets hope that they do not pony up the cash to Porsche to renew it.

29 Pages<<2223242526>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error