29 Pages<<2122232425>>PrevNext
 1 user liked this post.
#551 Posted : Thursday, March 3, 2016 6:14:54 AM(UTC)
Forza BIG UP's!!!

Exactly what it means Big, Up. Great job on delivering some of the best content in race sim history. I just got that Porsche and Virginia pack and is smoking good!!!

Thanks to the racing community, Turn10 and Microsoft for showing all those other 3rd party developers what it feels like to be first party. bupp, bupp, lighters.
 1 user liked this post.
#552 Posted : Thursday, March 3, 2016 6:59:12 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: PJTierney Go to Quoted Post

For those interested in the Forest Fire Achievement, you'll need to do it at X/999 unless you're capable of hitting Top 10s at P/998. I've put together a Hotlap video which I can share tomorrow.

Well done! Thanks for sharing!

3 users liked this post.
#553 Posted : Thursday, March 3, 2016 7:21:33 AM(UTC)
I actually think that, in terms of general Forza pricing, the pack does represent reasonable value for money but what I don't consider particularly fair is the fact that in order for me to purchase something I want (the track) I also have to purchase something I don't want (the cars). It would be fully understandable if VIR was relevant to Porsche and the two items belonged together - but the fact of the matter is that they don't and as a result it appears abundantly clear that they were put together as a package simply broaden it's general appeal. I would be mildly curious as to how many of those 10k downloads would have been Porsche related if the two were split and sold separately.

Although I applaud those who will appreciate the cars, at the end of the day i'm just a racer who wants to go round circles as many times as possible on as many circuits is allowed in the fastest cars available for each class. That's just my thing - my mode of enjoyment. So for that reason I chose not to buy the pack because the cost far outweighs it's value.

Sorry - but enjoy the pack anyway people.
#554 Posted : Thursday, March 3, 2016 7:44:37 AM(UTC)
Officially staying home sick today! See how dedicated ForA fan I am. Everything I buy and support including this forza 6 console. I wish they would reciprocate. Hint

Edited by user Thursday, March 3, 2016 7:47:09 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#555 Posted : Thursday, March 3, 2016 9:09:43 AM(UTC)
Porsche expansion is very good but one thing that really bothers me is that most of porsches i tried have imperial dials ( 918, gt2 rs, gt3 rs(997), carrera gt ), i use metric and in my country we use mertric system so thats really bad to watch speedo and dont know how fast im driving. HUD wont work for me because i drive with cockpit view and all hud elements are off.
#556 Posted : Thursday, March 3, 2016 9:38:03 AM(UTC)
I feel slightly disappointed with the short number of Porsche race cars, even more surprised bout the old #45 flying lizards GT3 (997 shape) and the P2 RS Spyder.

we got some new Porsche Cup cars (the Porsche Carrera cup) 991 and 997 cars, and the race winning 991 GTLM car from Road Atlanta.

question to the guys at Turn10. in the coming DLC packs, will there be more Porsches be coming into the game or is that is and use what we got?
#557 Posted : Thursday, March 3, 2016 10:14:14 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Boris The Frog Go to Quoted Post
I actually think that, in terms of general Forza pricing, the pack does represent reasonable value for money but what I don't consider particularly fair is the fact that in order for me to purchase something I want (the track) I also have to purchase something I don't want (the cars). It would be fully understandable if VIR was relevant to Porsche and the two items belonged together - but the fact of the matter is that they don't and as a result it appears abundantly clear that they were put together as a package simply broaden it's general appeal. I would be mildly curious as to how many of those 10k downloads would have been Porsche related if the two were split and sold separately.

Although I applaud those who will appreciate the cars, at the end of the day i'm just a racer who wants to go round circles as many times as possible on as many circuits is allowed in the fastest cars available for each class. That's just my thing - my mode of enjoyment. So for that reason I chose not to buy the pack because the cost far outweighs it's value.

Sorry - but enjoy the pack anyway people.

I've done some decent laps in the 919 - check some of the leaderboards. Obviously it's early days on VIR but they're certainly good benchmarks. Rio Mini is a hard track because to get both #1s I had to beat BAM b0x !! And I regained my own #1 at Sebring Club wet.

Originally Posted by: RW26 BLAZE Go to Quoted Post
I feel slightly disappointed with the short number of Porsche race cars, even more surprised bout the old #45 flying lizards GT3 (997 shape) and the P2 RS Spyder.

we got some new Porsche Cup cars (the Porsche Carrera cup) 991 and 997 cars, and the race winning 991 GTLM car from Road Atlanta.

question to the guys at Turn10. in the coming DLC packs, will there be more Porsches be coming into the game or is that is and use what we got?

The RS Spyder seems to be exactly the same as it was on FM4 which wasn't good. The 962 and 919 are pretty good.

Edited by user Thursday, March 3, 2016 10:15:37 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

4 users liked this post.
#558 Posted : Thursday, March 3, 2016 11:35:11 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Wise 84 Go to Quoted Post

Sold the Macan and Cayenne without even trying them. Seem like a huge waste of two slots that could have gone to more important Porsches.

Turn 10 had to negotiate and make a deal with Porsche. You can bet that Porsche wanted their SUVs represented.

why not? They are some of the best SUVs on the planet and Forza includes all kinds of vehicles.

Edited by user Thursday, March 3, 2016 11:40:19 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#559 Posted : Thursday, March 3, 2016 11:45:43 AM(UTC)

Yeah I was a little bummed about the older 997 Flying Lizard GTLM from FM4. Clearly they just updated several of the old models to fit into FM6. But the good news is that this 911 GTLM car now handles much better than it did in FM4. It seems like the 458 and 911 GT cars have swapped handling models from FM4 to FM6.
 3 users liked this post.
#560 Posted : Thursday, March 3, 2016 11:47:39 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ZB 512 Go to Quoted Post

Sold the Macan and Cayenne without even trying them. Seem like a huge waste of two slots that could have gone to more important Porsches.

Turn 10 had to negotiate and make a deal with Porsche. You can bet that Porsche wanted their SUVs represented.

why not? They are some of the best SUVs on the planet and Forza includes all kinds of vehicles.

Many years ago I worked on a racing game where one car manufacturer stipulated that we had to include all the models from that year's range in order to license any of them. Unfortunately due to the way the company was organised, that included a ride-on lawn mower.
#561 Posted : Thursday, March 3, 2016 12:38:37 PM(UTC)
The pack is good but why is the RS 4.0's front so wobbly ? I'm trying to race, no fly to the moon !
#562 Posted : Thursday, March 3, 2016 1:12:56 PM(UTC)
I really like this pack, but honestly, I m a bit disappointed there is no more old 911 as 901 or 993. The 2.7 rs and the 993 gt2 fot example are just incredible cars which have wrote porsche story.

But I m really really happy about the 962 and 718 :D

Thanks T10 :)

Edited by user Thursday, March 3, 2016 1:17:37 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#563 Posted : Thursday, March 3, 2016 1:31:13 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Zedeeyen Go to Quoted Post

Many years ago I worked on a racing game where one car manufacturer stipulated that we had to include all the models from that year's range in order to license any of them. Unfortunately due to the way the company was organised, that included a ride-on lawn mower.

Oh no , now everyone will wanting there ride on mower ..and for free too😁😁😁
 1 user liked this post.
#564 Posted : Thursday, March 3, 2016 2:03:25 PM(UTC)
Good pack.

Funny, that. Those are two of my favorites. Then again, I own a Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (4dr) and a VW Touareg in 1:1 scale.

I really do enjoy racing these types of vehicles much more than any of the Ultimate Motorsport cars. I can drive the Ultimate Motorsport cars quite well, just really don't like them.

1 user liked this post.
#565 Posted : Thursday, March 3, 2016 2:31:46 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Outlier Go to Quoted Post

Yeah I was a little bummed about the older 997 Flying Lizard GTLM from FM4. Clearly they just updated several of the old models to fit into FM6. But the good news is that this 911 GTLM car now handles much better than it did in FM4. It seems like the 458 and 911 GT cars have swapped handling models from FM4 to FM6.

Well... quite close to the real thing, isn't it?
#566 Posted : Thursday, March 3, 2016 2:54:55 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Zedeeyen Go to Quoted Post

Which was that? And if we could add a turbo v8 other v12 I sure wouldn't complain, that would be awesome
Mercedes GLS 63 AMG S for DLC
Because all 7 seaters should be able to hit 60 in 4.3 seconds.
#567 Posted : Thursday, March 3, 2016 3:16:21 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: HCR Motorhead Go to Quoted Post

Are your tunes shared?

I downloaded a couple of tunes for the 919 and a couple of other cars but need something else to run.
I blame the ants.
#568 Posted : Thursday, March 3, 2016 3:16:53 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FAULTIER Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: TangentTripod94 Go to Quoted Post
What galls me, other than the whiny whiners whining of course, is how anyone who considers themselves a fan of cars, racing, etc. -- i.e., someone who buys a game like Forza, -- can say without a hint of shame/embarrassment that they are "not really fans of Porsche."

I do love cars and of course I do love Porsche and I'm happy they are back in Forza 6.

It seems that EA still has its hands on them so before people complain
why this and that Porsche is not in, maybe consider that EA might have blocked some.

Maybe this also counts for my beloved 993 GT2.
But I would never think T10 does it to **** us off.

935 (moby dick) and 917 would have been awesome bur for now I'm haply about
the 918, 959, Carrera GT and stuff and still have hopes for the 993.

So - thanks Turn 10 for bringing back the Beetles fron Zuffenhausen :)

I had always assumed that this was the case; that EA have some cars on lockdown.

The 917k for example is possibly the most iconic Le Mans racer of all time and yet it's never been in Forza. Surely this can't be out of choice by Turn 10
#569 Posted : Thursday, March 3, 2016 3:37:14 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: z28c5 Go to Quoted Post

For those interested in the Forest Fire Achievement, you'll need to do it at X/999 unless you're capable of hitting Top 10s at P/998. I've put together a Hotlap video which I can share tomorrow.

Well done! Thanks for sharing!

This is some amazing driving right there. I used the MP4 today also on VIR Full but wasn't anywhere near this speed of 1:28. Nice driving !!!!

" If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari. "
- Gilles Villeneuve

3 users liked this post.
#570 Posted : Thursday, March 3, 2016 4:45:36 PM(UTC)
I wasn't going to buy this as I'm almost done with Forza Motorsport 6 but a friend gave me a code today so I figured I'd make the most of it.

There's probably only 4 or 5 Porsches that I'm interested in (the 919, 550, 962 and 914) but I do like the narrated Single Player campaign and how that's laid out. I think that's as much a selling point as the cars.

VIR is a fun track to drive on; as mentioned previously I don't agree with it being paywalled, but a new track is a new track at least.

there is an even faster way of doing it, just set up a custom online lobby, set the game time to end in 30 seconds, and boom when the game ends, your lap time is 30 seconds and you get the achievement

Verrückter Schakal | ­ ­ The Höllenhund
#571 Posted : Thursday, March 3, 2016 5:19:43 PM(UTC)
For Forest Fire I used Raceboy77s tune on the Lotus F1 car. I hate the gearbox lol but the handling was pretty good.

I blame the ants.
#572 Posted : Thursday, March 3, 2016 6:22:03 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: SatNiteEduardo Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: HCR Motorhead Go to Quoted Post

Are your tunes shared?

I downloaded a couple of tunes for the 919 and a couple of other cars but need something else to run.

The 919 is shared, but make sure you use manual sequential and short shift.

I'll work on a tune for the 962 but currently mine has a couple of weaknesses that I'll address.
#573 Posted : Thursday, March 3, 2016 6:43:53 PM(UTC)
Awesome, it's out! I can't afford it yet, but I will be getting it when I can. Anyone wanna post the car class and PIs for me? I am interested and need something to think about until then.
 2 users liked this post.
#574 Posted : Thursday, March 3, 2016 6:50:03 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: SHUTupJACKass2 Go to Quoted Post
Awesome, it's out! I can't afford it yet, but I will be getting it when I can. Anyone wanna post the car class and PIs for me? I am interested and need something to think about until then.

http://www.kudosprime.com/f6/carlist.php?make=39
#575 Posted : Thursday, March 3, 2016 6:51:49 PM(UTC)
Thank you! I searched it on the webmaths and couldn't find it.
29 Pages<<2122232425>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error