This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
5 Pages<<2345PrevNext
Rank: C-Class Racing License
 2 users liked this post.
#76 Posted : Friday, May 20, 2016 4:58:52 PM(UTC)
One of the biggest hurdle in public, full-contact racing is simply experience. You have to know the track like you're living room.

You have to know where you can run wide, and when. You also need immaculate car control. You have to know how quick it accelerates, how quickly it stops and turns. You have to know where the limit is for the car. If you're jockeying for position and have an opportunity to gain a position you have to know when, and how to tuck the nose of tour carinto the turn ahead of your opponent. In a pass there's a race to a certain point in the turn where one driver will either concede the turn, or defend it. Judging that point requires a lot experience.

There also has ro be a mutual respect for other racers. If you're not on the same page, the same pace and the same racing line with 80% of an experienced group then YOU are the hazard. You can't have a line of cars at speed all within inches of each other if one dricer does not have proper command of his car.

One form of racing I enjoy is MotoGP racing. These guys are all seriously fast, yet they have respect for each other and respect for their components' frailty. You'll have some aggressive rubbing or touching every now and then but it's rare nowadays to see any blatant disregard for safety.

It's an amazing ballet of man and machine at speed that is ONLY possible with experienced and rspextful riders.

Unfortunately, in a video game you have a lot of people who simply don't have the attention span and/or dedication to hone their skills and gain experience.. It's the "instant gratification", "Me-me-me" mentality that really spoils the fun at times.

Edited by user Sunday, May 22, 2016 4:03:58 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: S-Class Racing License
#77 Posted : Saturday, May 21, 2016 3:32:07 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: JSR R3DL1N3 Go to Quoted Post
1v1
Message me


What?
Rank: B-Class Racing License
#78 Posted : Wednesday, May 25, 2016 6:16:55 PM(UTC)
If we upload a video to YouTube will it be looked at also or just the in game replay videos?
Rank: S-Class Racing License
#79 Posted : Thursday, May 26, 2016 2:28:55 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Vrruumm Go to Quoted Post
If we upload a video to YouTube will it be looked at also or just the in game replay videos?


Just in game ones I know will get watched because there is a time stamp on the shared video when the offense happened.
Rank: D-Class Racing License
#80 Posted : Friday, June 24, 2016 9:17:26 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Vrruumm Go to Quoted Post
If we upload a video to YouTube will it be looked at also or just the in game replay videos?


I have it on very good authority only saved replays can be utilised due to requiring access to telemetry.
Click for my YouTube channel >
YouTube/Xbox1Falcon
Rank: Driver's Permit
#81 Posted : Tuesday, June 28, 2016 4:41:38 PM(UTC)
This needed to be done....Thx for all involved....check your ego's at the door...I've gotten blamed as a wrecker (Not by Snowowl...lol) but these people drive in MP thay drive in cockpit view doesn't see the wrecker that slammed me into this person...If I'm playing Single player I love cockpit until you get to 800....But a friend convinced me to use 3rd person on multi/hoppers....I totally agree
Rank: Driver's Permit
#82 Posted : Tuesday, June 28, 2016 4:43:42 PM(UTC)
Also I'm using an Elite Controller....this is a god send ...but people use the deadzones
Rank: Driver's Permit
#83 Posted : Tuesday, June 28, 2016 11:14:24 PM(UTC)
I can't believe how terrible the leagues have gotten. Online hoppers I understand but how did all these bad racers get into the elite league. It's out of control. 20 to 30% of them are good and know rules of racing. Like avoidable contact. And not cutting corners. It's unbelievable.

Edited by user Tuesday, June 28, 2016 11:14:55 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: Racing Legend
#84 Posted : Wednesday, June 29, 2016 10:40:15 AM(UTC)
Since a couple questions have popped up lately, here are the answers:

(1) Yes, in-game Replay only. No "clips" or "YouTube" type videos. The in-game replays allow the flexibility of switching views/cars and locating gamertags.
(2) I don't do any bans. I only document information so the details are available to the Turn 10 employees who make the final determinations.
Pay It Forward
This posting is provided as is; with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Rank: Racing Permit
#85 Posted : Thursday, June 30, 2016 1:56:50 AM(UTC)
Very nicely put. Let's hope the community gets it. Apart from wreckers, dirty drivers, corner cutters. One thing I hate the most is cheating. Like bugged tunes or whatever. Some lap times are ridiculous and impossible. There should be a limit on how fast you can go around a track. Possibly choose your best driver in the 'Turn 10' team and see what lap time they can pull and know that anything beat by like 2 seconds or so is cheating.. Thanks!
Rank: S-Class Racing License
#86 Posted : Thursday, June 30, 2016 10:31:01 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: PRO WARRIOR01 Go to Quoted Post
Very nicely put. Let's hope the community gets it. Apart from wreckers, dirty drivers, corner cutters. One thing I hate the most is cheating. Like bugged tunes or whatever. Some lap times are ridiculous and impossible. There should be a limit on how fast you can go around a track. Possibly choose your best driver in the 'Turn 10' team and see what lap time they can pull and know that anything beat by like 2 seconds or so is cheating.. Thanks!


You've been answered on this in many of your own threads today. Nothing has changed since.

Better than always being right is knowing when to shut up
_______________________________________________________________________
FH, FM3, FM4, FM5, FH2, FM6, FM7
Rank: S-Class Racing License
#87 Posted : Friday, July 1, 2016 6:40:50 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FA RACING 01 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: PRO WARRIOR01 Go to Quoted Post
Very nicely put. Let's hope the community gets it. Apart from wreckers, dirty drivers, corner cutters. One thing I hate the most is cheating. Like bugged tunes or whatever. Some lap times are ridiculous and impossible. There should be a limit on how fast you can go around a track. Possibly choose your best driver in the 'Turn 10' team and see what lap time they can pull and know that anything beat by like 2 seconds or so is cheating.. Thanks!


You've been answered on this in many of your own threads today. Nothing has changed since.


What times are cheating on forza? I can't keep up with some people but I also know those people are just faster then me and im ok with that. If you want to keep up don't blame them for being fast.
Rank: B-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#88 Posted : Friday, July 1, 2016 7:39:43 AM(UTC)
I keep seeing this guy moan about "bugged" tunes, can you elaborate on how they are bugged?

Edited by user Friday, July 1, 2016 7:40:44 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: D-Class Racing License
#89 Posted : Thursday, July 14, 2016 12:45:49 PM(UTC)
This is more of an attempt to answer the more broad "Why do people ram in racing games in general?" question (because let's face it, ramming in racing games has been around ever since the very first iterations of multiplayer racing) but has anyone else considered that movies and other non-video game media may have played a role in how rammers drive?

It seems like every movie that has some form of car or vehicle race has ramming. Yes, even a children's film like Cars. Remember Chick Hicks taking out most of the pack at the beginning of the movie like your typical Forza wrecker? When people see these characters ram and get away scot-free, it fuels the "win at all costs" mentality. Thus, the actions of the characters get passed onto gamers who go onto racing games and perform the wrecking behavior they saw in the movie.

Now I'm not trying to encourage the "Movie X did it" excuse. I'm just trying to hopefully shed some more light on why people ram in racing games in general.
Rank: S-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#90 Posted : Thursday, July 14, 2016 1:01:04 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: The Last Flight Go to Quoted Post
This is more of an attempt to answer the more broad "Why do people ram in racing games in general?" question (because let's face it, ramming in racing games has been around ever since the very first iterations of multiplayer racing) but has anyone else considered that movies and other non-video game media may have played a role in how rammers drive?

It seems like every movie that has some form of car or vehicle race has ramming. Yes, even a children's film like Cars. Remember Chick Hicks taking out most of the pack at the beginning of the movie like your typical Forza wrecker? When people see these characters ram and get away scot-free, it fuels the "win at all costs" mentality. Thus, the actions of the characters get passed onto gamers who go onto racing games and perform the wrecking behavior they saw in the movie.

Now I'm not trying to encourage the "Movie X did it" excuse. I'm just trying to hopefully shed some more light on why people ram in racing games in general.


I hate the movie Cars now... thanks lol
Rank: C-Class Racing License
#91 Posted : Saturday, July 23, 2016 3:39:59 AM(UTC)
I thought I would share this video someone made a day ago about racing etiquette.
Let me know what you think of it.

Forza 6│Racing Etiquette 101
Rank: A-Class Racing License
#92 Posted : Saturday, July 23, 2016 8:53:03 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: MidnightRacer75 Go to Quoted Post
I thought I would share this video someone made a day ago about racing etiquette.
Let me know what you think of it.

Forza 6│Racing Etiquette 101



Good one,,sounds like a Kiwi...? Yes, no?

Great 101 regarding proper racing etiquette.... Plus some very unfulfilled links to other good vids. Thanks for the links...

OZ
Rank: A-Class Racing License
#93 Posted : Sunday, July 24, 2016 1:46:44 AM(UTC)
He's South African.
Rank: A-Class Racing License
#94 Posted : Sunday, July 24, 2016 2:04:49 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Zedeeyen Go to Quoted Post
He's South African.




Ahh yes, makes sense. Sometimes the two can be hard to pick depending on how severe they are.

Good vids nevertheless ...

But, I'd pick points with regards to the various passing etiquette. One only needs to watch any of the Aussie Supercar RS I got to see they often take the last w-line in corner taking. Often doing the switch from outside to underside then taking the lead.

They raced EXTREMELY close and take corners at approaching 200kph. And often 2-3 abreast. Using proper racing etiquette to the extreme, as making the slightest mistake at those speed 3 abreast can have devastating results.

Check out this weekends races at Ipswitch in around 8 of the V8 Supercar Series. You'll see the high level of cornering practices. And the extremely close door hugging racing at 200kph+ speeds.

I'll see if I can grab a link.

http://www.supercars.com/ipswich/

OZ

Edited by user Sunday, July 24, 2016 2:09:55 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: D-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#95 Posted : Thursday, July 28, 2016 1:30:02 PM(UTC)
This may have been said someplace so sorry if it is a repeat but

Have a chat microphone. I don't care if you ever say a single word in idle conversation but being able to shout out a quick "sorry" when / if you make a mistake goes a long ways. It happens... even the best blow a corner once in a while. As long as people are sorry I'm ok with it.
Rank: S-Class Racing License
#96 Posted : Tuesday, August 9, 2016 7:24:46 AM(UTC)
Updated slightly 8/9/2016
Rank: Driver's Permit
#97 Posted : Wednesday, August 17, 2016 9:59:17 AM(UTC)
Hi
I would like to know why I was banned from downloading tunes from Forza 6

Thanks
Jonathan Elio
Rank: Racing Legend
#98 Posted : Wednesday, August 17, 2016 12:10:00 PM(UTC)
You weren't banned from downloading Tunes, but were banned for a unacceptable wording on a livery and crashing other players - both violations of the Xbox Live Code of Conduct. However, those bans were back in late July, and should have expired by now.

If you have problems downloading Tunes (too many?) are you receiving any error message, do you remember getting the in-game ban message send with every ban by Turn 10? Do you have other gamertags using your Xbox One? I would suggest to first check to see how many Tunes you have, cut down on any duplicates or eliminate a few and see if - after restarting the game - you are then able to download properly.

If none of that helps, I would try a full hard reset (see details of how-to here: http://forums.forzamotor...ent-it.aspx#post_528894) and if that doesn't straighten things out you would need to send all the information to Turn 10 at forzafb@microsoft.com for them to check on the servers themselves.

Originally Posted by: TLP OneBigD0173 Go to Quoted Post
Hi
I would like to know why I was banned from downloading tunes from Forza 6

Thanks
Jonathan Elio


Pay It Forward
This posting is provided as is; with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Rank: D-Class Racing License
#99 Posted : Monday, August 22, 2016 12:00:18 PM(UTC)
Hey Johnson,

I'm afraid that I'll receive a ban for my car being a roadblock at the start of a race, so I'm looking for some advice.

What had happened is that today, I had joined a league lobby during a race in progress. To pass the time waiting, I browsed some sites on the internet (my computer and my Xbox are not in the same room). I didn't pay attention to what was going on on my Xbox, and by the time I got back, I was in a race and it already started (this was on Sebring) with my car still at the starting line.

I did apologize to the lobby after the race, but I'm still afraid that someone may have sent in a replay.

So if Snowowl does get a replay of the race, that explains why my car didn't move at the start of the race. So I apologize to him as well.

Will I be okay? Is there anything I can do?

Thanks.



Rank: A-Class Racing License
#100 Posted : Monday, August 22, 2016 12:32:30 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: The Last Flight Go to Quoted Post
Hey Johnson,

I'm afraid that I'll receive a ban for my car being a roadblock at the start of a race, so I'm looking for some advice.

What had happened is that today, I had joined a league lobby during a race in progress. To pass the time waiting, I browsed some sites on the internet (my computer and my Xbox are not in the same room). I didn't pay attention to what was going on on my Xbox, and by the time I got back, I was in a race and it already started (this was on Sebring) with my car still at the starting line.

I did apologize to the lobby after the race, but I'm still afraid that someone may have sent in a replay.

So if Snowowl does get a replay of the race, that explains why my car didn't move at the start of the race. So I apologize to him as well.

Will I be okay? Is there anything I can do?

Thanks.





I can sympathise with you mate, but in all honesty, a racer needs one huge thing, patience. Patience to sit quietly, remove the distractions from ones mind, and focus on the track ahead of them.

Time to run through the track in your mind, mapping out corners, remembering brake points, knowing where to approach certain corners in order to get through them properly.

Running off completely, and leaving the site, and the actual race is not good form.

Hopefully you won't get a ban, but you do need to think about why you are there. In real life, drivers may sit on the start line itself for several minutes while awaiting the last car to roll up to their mark in a large field.

If you watch a race, do you see the driver using his mobile or iPad to skim the net while he waits.

Nope, he uses that time to focus and zone sell other distractions out, somethings you see bike riders before a race sitting by themselves, running through the track in their heads, moving their hands and tilting their bodies to representative track as they fly through it in their mind.

Just some words of wisdom, take them onboard, or not,,but ask yourself. Why are you their in the first place?

OZ

5 Pages<<2345PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error