This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
5 Pages12345PrevNext
#51 Posted : Monday, March 28, 2016 12:53:22 AM(UTC)
[Mod Edit - All posts to this forum must be in English. Please translate your message before posting - D]
https://translate.google.com/

Edited by user Wednesday, May 11, 2016 8:32:03 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#52 Posted : Friday, April 1, 2016 4:24:19 PM(UTC)
in game "clean racing" tutorial videos. so everyone can see how it SHOULD be done
#53 Posted : Saturday, April 2, 2016 1:03:03 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: III RADFORD III Go to Quoted Post
in game "clean racing" tutorial videos. so everyone can see how it SHOULD be done

Definitely agree with you here mate, that's for sure.

Video tutorials are most certainly needed. Not only for proper racing etiquette but to train younger (read newer as well as younger) drivers the proper way to behave on the track, as well as off.

But vids on proper tuning. How different settings change the behaviour of a car, showing what happens when it's done wrong, as well as right.

How sometimes small changes make the world of difference, compared to making huge changes by adding too many upgrades etc.

At the moment, it's pot luck at fest for beginners. Yes, there's some great "advice" in the "Pinned" threads, but in reality, we need a proper Forza Motorsports a Channel. Run by hired tunnels that dhow exactly how to do things.

This could apply to Painting, use of various websites to speed up ones skill set.

So a proper Forza Motorsport Video Chanel that is available from Forza a Hub. Which allows access for those now using Win10 and soon Apex, incl Horizion, and Motorports and the All New Forza a Title being announced at E3 '16.

This would keep Forza players constantly connected with the Forza Community, open up the game to a much broader audience, and stimulate new gamers into doing the tight thing, both on track, and off.

Just my five cents worth, for what it's worth...

OZ
#54 Posted : Sunday, April 3, 2016 10:35:12 AM(UTC)
I think they should add challenges that promote clean racing. No contact challenges. Barrier of the inside or outside line. Force people to have to run lines they aren't used to. Maybe subtract points in leagues for contact/crashes, or add points for clean passes, maybe both. There is really no way for anyone to know how they should be racing in game. The drivatars don't help in the single player because it always seems like your racing people not just AI.

It gets frustrating when you get run over before the race even starts trying to avoid running over the cars in front of you.

#55 Posted : Monday, April 4, 2016 8:24:30 AM(UTC)
I love clean racing, and I was try and race as cleanly as I can, I admit sometimes I miss judge some corners.

I was doing a race online in Forza 4, my first time racing online, was completely taken out by somebody ( was in 3rd). Fought my way back up to 7th. That race turned me off racing online. Never did it again on 4. Connection was always junk when I was doing 5. Just recently started going back online with 6.
 1 user liked this post.
#56 Posted : Monday, April 4, 2016 9:34:16 AM(UTC)

Man this is refreshing!!

My current gamer tag is DOFAM, or dofam as it appears on the game so if you see me out there don't be scared if you see my on your lobby.

Recently had a chat with a fellow racer on the issues of defending vs blocking. I was about two seconds a lap faster, held back for two corners, went outside to pass and was pinched, moved to the other side to pass and was bloked, result, we hit, he flew to off the grass, not intentional but in my view his fault. It should be understood that one defensive move is allowed, two is blocking

If you are faster by a lot, I will let you by, if you are faster by .500sec a lap, I will make u pass me but I will be fair. if you got me its done, if you are lapping me, I will move out of the way, If I hit you let it go, did not meant to, just racing sometimes you get it right sometimes you misjudge your distances.

I think I wil be sending some videos to someone!!

#57 Posted : Tuesday, April 5, 2016 3:16:10 PM(UTC)
Great advise for everybody. I know how excited I was just getting started, It took me almost a hour to complete the 1st race without a wreck. Lots of important information in your post. Thanks.
#58 Posted : Friday, April 15, 2016 3:27:54 AM(UTC)
In regards to reporting dirty drivers to the moderators,does this apply to fh2 as well or is it only enforced on the forza games...? Tx
#59 Posted : Saturday, April 16, 2016 6:08:59 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: SHARONNEEDLES78 Go to Quoted Post
In regards to reporting dirty drivers to the moderators,does this apply to fh2 as well or is it only enforced on the forza games...? Tx

Both... just make sure you specify which game it is for snowowl to look at.
#60 Posted : Friday, April 22, 2016 11:57:30 AM(UTC)
Ok I'm a racing enthusiast and I love forza.
The thing that annoys me is the people who don't race correctly, and who cut corners. Turn 10 if you could do something about slowing people down who cut corners like you did in previous forzas or make the timing change when they don't have a clean lap, that would be sweet. Possibly make a hopper that has simulation damage, maybe then people would drive less aggressive. Also should make more endurance leagues. Or an endurance hopper.
 1 user liked this post.
#61 Posted : Saturday, April 23, 2016 7:11:10 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Thewhitegomez Go to Quoted Post
The thing that annoys me is the people who don't race correctly, and who cut corners. Turn 10 if you could do something about slowing people down who cut corners like you did in previous forzas or make the timing change when they don't have a clean lap, that would be sweet. Possibly make a hopper that has simulation damage, maybe then people would drive less aggressive. Also should make more endurance leagues. Or an endurance hopper.

While I agree with some of what you said this isn't a wish list area.
#62 Posted : Sunday, April 24, 2016 10:16:05 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ERS JOHNSON Go to Quoted Post

Forza needs to make a lot of changes and I feel like it should be a area where we can post some ideas. Cause I love racing online when you get on with like ten good racers, but then some just don't get the idea behind the racing aspect of it.
#63 Posted : Monday, April 25, 2016 3:54:31 AM(UTC)

Forza needs to make a lot of changes and I feel like it should be a area where we can post some ideas. Cause I love racing online when you get on with like ten good racers, but then some just don't get the idea behind the racing aspect of it.

I think there will be lots of changes - many of which will be announced at E3 in June.

But I fear they won't be the changes many will be hoping for????

I'm working on a post right now that will be outlining some interesting situations happening of late within MS, and I turn Turn10 ( no pun intended).....

OZ
#64 Posted : Tuesday, April 26, 2016 7:45:37 PM(UTC)
I am new to the fm6 forums, but not to the franchise. I have what I feel is a very important question. Is there any avenue available for getting crashers reported(beyond reporting them on their profile....which seems to do nothing). I was in an A class lobby tonight that literally had at least 6 crashers, but tonight has been the rule, not the exception over the past couple of weeks. I saved the replays and shared, but what else do I need to do. In the hoppers if you have a full lobby, there will ALWAYS be one up to no good, and it is very frustrating. I can deal with people being over aggressive, but the crashers have become so prevalent, that I have come to the point that I am considering deleting the game. It is important to note that every single crasher that I have come into contact with(pun intended) is already flagged as either reputation needs improvement, or avoid this player......At wits end...Race on all
#65 Posted : Wednesday, April 27, 2016 5:05:21 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Apexunderground Go to Quoted Post
I am new to the fm6 forums, but not to the franchise. I have what I feel is a very important question. Is there any avenue available for getting crashers reported(beyond reporting them on their profile....which seems to do nothing). I was in an A class lobby tonight that literally had at least 6 crashers, but tonight has been the rule, not the exception over the past couple of weeks. I saved the replays and shared, but what else do I need to do. In the hoppers if you have a full lobby, there will ALWAYS be one up to no good, and it is very frustrating. I can deal with people being over aggressive, but the crashers have become so prevalent, that I have come to the point that I am considering deleting the game. It is important to note that every single crasher that I have come into contact with(pun intended) is already flagged as either reputation needs improvement, or avoid this player......At wits end...Race on all

Report it, along with the replays, drivers names etc to SnowOwl as he takes care of these matters.

Give him time to respond, which he will.

Plus, also remember that he's NOT a Turn 10 or MS employee, and is simply an unpaid volunteer who's been with the franchise got many many years.

He WILL get back yo you, so just be paitent.......

OZ

Edited by user Wednesday, April 27, 2016 5:05:52 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#66 Posted : Wednesday, April 27, 2016 5:59:53 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: XboxOZ360 Go to Quoted Post

Report it, along with the replays, drivers names etc to SnowOwl as he takes care of these matters.

Plus, also remember that he's NOT a Turn 10 or MS employee, and is simply an unpaid volunteer who's been with the franchise got many many years.

OZ

Go to my original post that started this thread and look at number 10. All your questions will be answered there :)
#67 Posted : Wednesday, April 27, 2016 6:10:41 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: XboxOZ360 Go to Quoted Post

OZ

Go to my original post that started this thread and look at number 10. All your questions will be answered there :)

True, and here's what Johnson is referring to mate.

10: Accidents are a part of life on and off the track. If you cause it slow down and let those affected pass, even if it means going to last place. If you were wrecked just LET IT GO and continue your race.

If there is a wrecker vote to kick them after the 1st race. If the 2nd race is the same save the replay and go to forzamotorsport.net. Send Snowowl a private message on there with the following info:

What forza game it is, Name of the wrecker(s), Name of the track, Detailed description of what took place during the race, name of the file (examples ooooo,eeeee,11111)

Please make sure to watch the video before sending it to snowowl to make sure the wrecks were intentional. Be aggressive with this, take 15 min at the end of your racing day to watch the videos you have saved of wreckers and share them.

The more the community cracks down on this the quicker we will clean this place up. I have sent hundreds of videos to Snowowl so just think if we all took the time to do it. 1 person can make a difference! If you are a wrecker/griefer your time is coming :)

So as stated, refer to Snowowl, he's the guy to see, but just be mindful of his commitment to his own life and family.. Not many ppl put as many hours into volunteering work as SnowOwl foes, that's for sure.

OZ

#68 Posted : Sunday, May 1, 2016 12:10:36 PM(UTC)
I always try to drive clean. I have no problem with wrecks that are just accidents, but its the intentional wreckers that ruin the game. You can watch your recorded replay and see that driver doing it to everyone the whole race. Many times they stop in the middle of the track or hide behind a wall waiting for you to go by so they can turn into you. They usually pick the fastest car they can so they can use it to catch up to you going into a corner, in order to intentionally punt you.
#69 Posted : Wednesday, May 11, 2016 8:26:33 AM(UTC)
The problem is that a lot of people simply don't care. Period. You can put this in game, require people to sign off on it, etc. all day long, and it won't make a difference. Forza even tried to create game modes that pull some of these people away from serious or competitive lobbies, and it has failed every time.

A)Too many people want to race with the big boys, and simply don't have the skill,

B) Too many other people just enjoy making people miserable,

and C) The game is catering to, and attracting, a lot of kids nowadays that have never even set foot in the driver's seat of a real car....nor do they have any mechanical experience or anything else. This is what happens when you have thousands of 8 year olds playing the game. (No offense to the few children who are actually really good at the game; obviously there's always exceptions).

Personally, I've walked away from Forza for long periods of time just because these people ruin it for me. I don't like the solo/career modes; I enjoy the competitive nature of multiplayer. So when that's gone, there's nothing left for me.

Anyway, this is a great write-up. I cannot stress enough the part about reporting people and kicking them. If there is an egregious **** in the lobby, the first thing people need to do is vote to kick, and then go to their gamercard and report them for unsporting behavior. Admittedly, I don't go to the video reporting effort, but even just getting them out of the lobby allows the lobby to continue on in peace.

Too many people succumb to the "bystander effect", figuring everyone else will report/block/kick people. That can't happen. People need to be proactive.
 1 user liked this post.
#70 Posted : Thursday, May 12, 2016 4:40:40 PM(UTC)
I think one thing that may have contributed to the higher amount of substandard driving in this game is that Need For Speed/Burnout esque arcade racers seem to be on the decline while the sim-like games are in the spotlight. Thus, there's an influx of casual arcade players who've never played a racing sim, step into the hypercars without any prior driving experience, and drive like they're in Need For Speed. You can lecture them about racing etiquette, racing line, etc, until the cows come home and they won't care. They just want to drive fast.
#71 Posted : Thursday, May 12, 2016 7:00:20 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: The Last Flight Go to Quoted Post
I think one thing that may have contributed to the higher amount of substandard driving in this game is that Need For Speed/Burnout esque arcade racers seem to be on the decline while the sim-like games are in the spotlight. Thus, there's an influx of casual arcade players who've never played a racing sim, step into the hypercars without any prior driving experience, and drive like they're in Need For Speed. You can lecture them about racing etiquette, racing line, etc, until the cows come home and they won't care. They just want to drive fast.

Couldn't agree with you more mate. 110% on the mark in my opinion,

So ,any wannabes coming in and testing the game poorly.

But in their eyes, it's normal. Thing is, many have most likely played either Forza Horizons 1 and/or 2, and simply see the Na,e Forza (don't see the 6) and wrongly assume that it's simply a more detailed extension of Horizons.

So they jump in, thinking that they are playing a very similar game, and just play as they would in Horizons, or any other arcade racing game. And there's nothing wrong with that per se'. But they need to be educated as to the vast difference between the two games.

Now.... I'm certainly NOT saying that Forza 6 is a Racing Simulator, far from it. However, it's a good hybrid of both racing simulation without the strict amount of user input other proper simulators require.

When Horizions was announced, and then released, I feared that the Forza Motorsport (track/circuit based game) was going to melded into Horizions.

That could well still be the case. As it does seem that a lot of attention is going into Apex, and rightfully so, as it's a new product as far as turn 10 bring on a PC is concerned. While at the same time, there's a noticeable absence of feedback and attention being paid to the current game.

But their lack of proper following up into THIS game seems to lend weight to the possibility that the game we once loved, may well become something different, and Apex will become the game of choice for the hardened racer types, like you or I etc. there could be an Xbox One version of Apex around the next corner....??

However, either regards to the wreckers. There needs to be a proper code of conduct for a proper racing game. Otherwise it just becomes a free-for-all (much like it has become) and with real strict disipline in place to discourage wreckers and the like. Otherwise they will continue to cause trouble.

Come down hard on those that break the rules, ban them from the game 2-3 times, and on the third strike, give them a proper ban from the game. Not just a smack on the wrist.

But, doing that, they know they'll be alienating a huge market share of gamers that represent the main purchasers of the games, currently.

No company is going to restrict or impose bans to their main customer base.

They know they'll loose gamers from the serious game, but they'll pick up twice that amount from the casual gamers coming into the market right now.

It's a hard line to walk. But coming out with a PC based game, (Apex) that will no doubt become available on the Xbox One, in due course, Turn 10 can then compete with other serious racing games. But they will need to pickup their game if they want to secure and keep gamers. Currently Apex isn't going all that well.

Yes, it's a free beta game, but it's not up to the same standards other serious racing gamers expect.

As we all know, there is this whole console verses computer thing going on (which has gone on since time was invented). Many PC gamers believe console games are for kids, as any serious racer will invest good money into a proper machine in order to have a great experience in a game.

While the console crowd just want something they can plug in and play.

There's nothing wrong with that at all. It's in fact what I and many other time-starved gamers prefer.

So MS have come up with their UOS (unified Operating System) that runs on both the Xbox One and PCs fitted with Win10. Reason being, so they can run both Forza 6-7 and future iterations, alongside Apex, and allow all owners to keep in contact via Forza Hub, which also runs on both Win10 and Xbox One.

It doesn't take a rocker scientist to see where this is going. They need to win over serious racers. They also need to establish themselves as a worthy developer for a PC racing game, while still retaining their current userbase on the console platform.

As it was pointed out before. Back in late '99-'2000, Bill Gate gave the original Xbox team a directive. That being, he wanted to see a set top box in every living room with a common operating system for both the PC and the set top box.

At the time the team told him that it was impossible - at that time. But, over the time, that has changed, and we now see a box under a huge percentage of living room TVs, as opposed to them being stuck in the bedroom of pimply faced kids ..... hehehe joke btw.

I'm not sure what will happen, or how Apex with fare with the PC gamers, and where Forza Motorsport will go. But one thing is glaringly obvious, they need to lift their treatment to customers with regards to fixing issues, and banning wreckers on the BOTH Platforms.

There's my 10 cents worth, for what it's worth lol....

OZ

#72 Posted : Thursday, May 12, 2016 10:35:52 PM(UTC)
This image further sums up why we have so much bad arcade-like driving in this game. As said before, pure arcade titles are declining while the sim-like titles are on the rise. With Need For Speed getting a reputation for mediocre games in recent years, and no news from other franchises such as Burnout and Midnight Club, arcade racing franchises get overshadowed by games such as Forza Motorsport, Gran Turismo, Project Cars, and Driveclub. The arcade crowd eventually wants to buy new games and sees that the sim-like games are the hot new title, so they flock to it. And that's how we get a rise of bad drivers with no sense of how to behave in a sim game.

Edit: I should also mention that this post and my last one is just my theory.

Graph

For those of you curious on where I got the image, here is the source: http://f1fan0001.blogspot.com/2...d-for-speed-decline.html

Edited by user Thursday, May 12, 2016 10:42:46 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#73 Posted : Tuesday, May 17, 2016 3:39:24 PM(UTC)
Updated #10 again with more info. The updated info is at the bottom of #10 bullet point. Thanks Old Hippie 1 for the write up on it
#74 Posted : Friday, May 20, 2016 4:13:52 PM(UTC)
If only the community would read this and apply it we could actually get back to having good racing in Forza.
#75 Posted : Friday, May 20, 2016 4:39:59 PM(UTC)
1v1
Message me
5 Pages12345PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error