Rank: Driver's Permit
#1 Posted : Thursday, January 28, 2016 1:43:06 PM(UTC)
When I download the February update I see some changes on the acceleration and some improvements on the handling.
I have a Thruthmaster 458 wheel. Anyone can confirm if there are some changes or a bug solved?


Rank: Driver's Permit
#2 Posted : Thursday, January 28, 2016 5:00:25 PM(UTC)
I bought my thrustmaster tx 2 days ago. From the get go I felt as if the wheel just didn't feel right on this game. However I must agree with you after installing the latest update, my wheel runs flawlessly. I find that 540 DOR is the sweet spot, even more than before. Depending on my I either have my sensitivity set to 1 or 2 max. Let me know what settings you guys are using after the update.

Rank: Driver's License
#3 Posted : Friday, January 29, 2016 12:19:54 PM(UTC)
I've seen a few people on this forum saying they can now use sim steering with the wheel and save a spin. To be honest I was happy about this so thought id go try it on the most difficult car I found the Caterham 500. It was a disaster. Same as before. Uncontrollable when over steering on sim. So for me it's back to normal steering which works fine as you say dor 540 seems good.
Rank: Driver's Permit
#4 Posted : Friday, January 29, 2016 4:49:07 PM(UTC)
M1ghtyMunchx I use sensivity at 3.
Rank: A-Class Racing License
#5 Posted : Friday, January 29, 2016 5:35:37 PM(UTC)
I don't know if it's my controller or a change due to the update but I can't turn in very well now when decelerating. It's like understeer.
EDIT: I didn't touch my advanced settings. Sensitivity is all 0-100 and I always use normal steering

Edited by user Friday, January 29, 2016 5:48:11 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: S-Class Racing License
User is suspended until 4/12/2045 11:31:27 AM(UTC)
#6 Posted : Saturday, January 30, 2016 3:11:01 AM(UTC)
I think handling may have been improved even further after the update, but not by much. That actually may have to do with switching to normal steering on my pad as I was getting tired with cars not turning if you prefer to brake going into turns. Lowering the outside deadzone, vibration scale and steering to "normal" fixed it. So the update may have played its part too, hard to tell.

No word on the patch notes?
Rank: D-Class Racing License
#7 Posted : Saturday, January 30, 2016 5:58:24 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: hardvibes2 Go to Quoted Post
I don't know if it's my controller or a change due to the update but I can't turn in very well now when decelerating. It's like understeer.
EDIT: I didn't touch my advanced settings. Sensitivity is all 0-100 and I always use normal steering


Funny, I had a terrible night racing last night, mainly due to my awful driving. I couldn't understand what was going on, the car I'd been using all week seemed different, on some tracks it seemed undriveable where before it was fine. I'm not saying it has anything to do with the update, maybe I was having a bad day.

Coincidence? I'll find out tonight when I go in the league lobby for my nightly races. I'm hoping it was just me.
Rank: Driver's License
#8 Posted : Thursday, February 4, 2016 6:45:23 AM(UTC)
i use a thrustmaster tx. and i drive with dor 540 . however it seems to lose its setting when racing and from time to time jumps to 900.
then i have to go back to setting set it to 270 save it. then go back again put it back to 540 save it and then its oke. only after 2 or 3 races its jumps back again to 900.
anybody else having this problem? its driving me nuts. for instance im hotlapping on rivals but i cant drive my lines after 3 or 4 laps. but the car still its on 540 driving put itr in a drift ow here whe go again its miracly 900 again... hw is this possible?
Rank: D-Class Racing License
#9 Posted : Thursday, February 4, 2016 7:12:51 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: cone84 Go to Quoted Post
i use a thrustmaster tx. and i drive with dor 540 . however it seems to lose its setting when racing and from time to time jumps to 900.
then i have to go back to setting set it to 270 save it. then go back again put it back to 540 save it and then its oke. only after 2 or 3 races its jumps back again to 900.
anybody else having this problem? its driving me nuts. for instance im hotlapping on rivals but i cant drive my lines after 3 or 4 laps. but the car still its on 540 driving put itr in a drift ow here whe go again its miracly 900 again... hw is this possible?


I also have the TX, but have never experienced this problem. Are you changing the DOR on the wheel itself, or just in the game settings? I never change the setting on the wheel, but in game I use 720 DOR for normal cars, and 540 DOR for open wheel cars and never have a problem with FFB fading or my DOR changing on its own.
Rank: Driver's Permit
#10 Posted : Thursday, February 4, 2016 7:19:23 AM(UTC)
I don't have that problem because my wheel don't support settings over 270. However look your wheel cable and search a scratch or something that can disconnect the wheel momentanly. Try to sing in your Xbox profile directly with your wheel controller and turn off every other controller. Anyway those are options not solutions I hope that someone that have your same wheel helps you.
Rank: Driver's License
#11 Posted : Thursday, February 4, 2016 7:25:06 AM(UTC)
i only change it in the menus. how can you change it on the wheel?

the dor feels the same its the rotation that go's 900. bin trying it out now a few times with dor 900 and 540 setting. you can feel the difference. its the rotation setting that it loses.

when i put the car to a stand still it locks at 540. but when driving it go's to 900 rotation.
Rank: C-Class Racing License
#12 Posted : Thursday, February 4, 2016 7:44:00 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: xDarkArr0wx Go to Quoted Post
When I download the February update I see some changes on the acceleration and some improvements on the handling.
I have a Thruthmaster 458 wheel. Anyone can confirm if there are some changes or a bug solved?




Lol,you can look at posts about the wheel after every monthly update.Theres always a post that asks if there was a update to the wheel cuz it feels better.Its just the placebo effect.You want there to be a fix so bad that you think there was one because there was an update.For the most part if its not listed in release notes it didnt happen.My wheel feels exactly the same as it has since september.Same wheel as yours.
Rank: Driver's Permit
#13 Posted : Thursday, February 4, 2016 12:46:08 PM(UTC)
I doubt that. I really had two problems with this game. The first was the angle of the turn it was horrible. The second problem happens when you was finishing the curve and accelerate the traction turned very bad like a drift mode. Both problems was fixed. BTW the update that I referred happens on the final week of January.
Rank: Racing Permit
#14 Posted : Tuesday, April 5, 2016 8:32:02 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: JeffKill Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: cone84 Go to Quoted Post
i use a thrustmaster tx. and i drive with dor 540 . however it seems to lose its setting when racing and from time to time jumps to 900.
then i have to go back to setting set it to 270 save it. then go back again put it back to 540 save it and then its oke. only after 2 or 3 races its jumps back again to 900.
anybody else having this problem? its driving me nuts. for instance im hotlapping on rivals but i cant drive my lines after 3 or 4 laps. but the car still its on 540 driving put itr in a drift ow here whe go again its miracly 900 again... hw is this possible?


I also have the TX, but have never experienced this problem. Are you changing the DOR on the wheel itself, or just in the game settings? I never change the setting on the wheel, but in game I use 720 DOR for normal cars, and 540 DOR for open wheel cars and never have a problem with FFB fading or my DOR changing on its own.


Yes. I have been experiencing this for a month or two now. It resets to 900 DOR and sensitivity 1 every single race. Every time, without fail. I have to quickly change my settings at the countdown on the start line.
Mature Gamer? Go to G4TE.com

UK Racer? Go to ukTRAC forum

Notification

Icon
Error