9 Pages<<56789PrevNext
#151 Posted : Tuesday, September 16, 2014 11:42:10 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: gtFOOTw Go to Quoted Post
@Bail3y87cjb, I took your C class tune for a spin at Long Beach East and got a PB 58.555 so nice tune! But mine is a B class, do you have one of these?

ALSO, UPDATED BOUNTY HUNTER GTO, NEW GRIPPIER BUILD, FASTER!

No I've never tried it in B class, ill give it a go though, I need some decent tunes for B class and some cars for that matter, I have about 300 cars and there mostly just C class lol, I think about 80% of them just have old tunes on and I don't use them, i'll be sure to give your tune a go when im next on and ill give some feed back :D

#152 Posted : Thursday, September 18, 2014 6:30:04 PM(UTC)
Is your Buick tune shared? Like I said in another message (on Xbox Live) the Buick tune I downloaded is AWESOME!!! I'm not sure if the tune I downloaded was your newest Buick tune, but it's a great setup none the less. I'm gonna build a tune off of your "open source" info above & play around with some of the settings just to experiment. Thanks again for all the work & info you share!
HAPPINESS IS A WARM MACHINE GUN
 4 users liked this post.
#153 Posted : Tuesday, November 18, 2014 11:31:45 AM(UTC)
My Rig, with Thrustmaster TX

I've been wanting this for years, it finally came together. Still about a second a lap off my controller pace, but it's a lot of fun.
#154 Posted : Tuesday, November 18, 2014 11:41:46 AM(UTC)
Congrats FOOT! Nice job on the setup. I am crossing my fingers I can have something similar soon. I am sure you will get to your normal times soon and improve once you get used to the wheel and rest of setup. Enjoy!

p.s. BTW, so the clutch is controlled with paddles?

DJ Saoco
 1 user liked this post.
#155 Posted : Tuesday, November 18, 2014 12:04:07 PM(UTC)
The thing slowing me down now is my feet aren't as sensitive as my index fingers, but I got the steering sorted to my liking.
And yes, the TX has an option to auto-clutch when you paddle shift (very nice feature).
I also like that the controller can still be used for the menus while the wheel is on.

BTW, I made this for cheap. Paid $325 for the wheel from Amazon, the rig is a $30 seat from the salvage yard and about $40 worth of lumber, bolts and scews.

Edited by user Tuesday, November 18, 2014 12:16:31 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#156 Posted : Tuesday, November 18, 2014 12:23:03 PM(UTC)
The thing slowing me down now is my feet aren't as sensitive as my index fingers, but I got the steering sorted to my liking.
And yes, the TX has an option to auto-clutch when you paddle shift (very nice feature).
I also like that the controller can still be used for the menus while the wheel is on.

BTW, I made this for cheap. Paid $325 for the wheel from Amazon, the rig is a $30 seat from the salvage yard and about $40 worth of lumber, bolts and scews.

Awesome! Seems from the pic that you can move your seat back/forward.

DJ Saoco
#157 Posted : Tuesday, November 25, 2014 11:28:56 AM(UTC)
Hey man, been having a lot of fun with your Evo 6 tune! Would you mind doing an A class for the 2008 Mitsubishi Evolution X?
#158 Posted : Tuesday, November 25, 2014 2:30:48 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Sk8trfreak Go to Quoted Post
Hey man, been having a lot of fun with your Evo 6 tune! Would you mind doing an A class for the 2008 Mitsubishi Evolution X?

Sure, I'll post one soon.
#159 Posted : Tuesday, November 25, 2014 3:23:22 PM(UTC)

Sure, I'll post one soon.

Thanks dude! Can't wait. Loving your setup, been wanting to make one up for myself too but those steering wheel and pedal setups are not cheap.
 1 user liked this post.
#160 Posted : Wednesday, November 26, 2014 11:54:06 AM(UTC)
A class - 2008 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X GSR

Paint credit - motor sw

Here is an A class EVO X as requested. It's not the fastest car in the game but I think I got the most out of it.

BUILD
1.6L Rally swap
All restrictors removed

All race chassis EXCEPT sport reinforcement

All race driveline

Race comp. widest F/R
Buddy Club (or other lightest) rim

Forza aero F/R, Charge street hood

TUNE
28.5/25.8

FD 3.92

-2.7/-2.3
0/0

23/20

575/455
5.2/5.2

7.4/7.0
3.7/3.5

100/261

48/150

60/0
35/15

#161 Posted : Wednesday, November 26, 2014 1:19:02 PM(UTC)
Thanks for the tune! Cant wait to try it.
Now i gotta ask, what do you do to make a tune? Do you just know or do you tinker alot and test drive n stuff alot?
#162 Posted : Wednesday, November 26, 2014 4:52:59 PM(UTC)
Thanks for the tune! Cant wait to try it.
Now i gotta ask, what do you do to make a tune? Do you just know or do you tinker alot and test drive n stuff alot?

Start out with a "base" tune, which is just softening everything a little, adding camber, and opening up the diff. Then drive it hard and look for stability issues, does it brake good, take the curbs smooth. Then try and "balance" it so there is no undesteer or oversteer.
I try to make a tune that will give the driver confidence and is predictable.

#163 Posted : Friday, December 12, 2014 4:41:32 PM(UTC)
D class 1970 Chevrolet Camaro Z28

I was reading another thread and it got me thinking about D class muscle cars again (on of my favorites). Looking in Rivals I realized I needed to make a run at Old Le Mans, the weapon of choice seems to be the 1970 Camaro. So I built and tuned one that worked best for me and this is the result.

My Time 4:27.681 #89 LB

BUILD
5.7 swap
Centrifugal supercharger
Street exhaust
Race centrifugal supercharger
Race brakes, suspension, ARBs
Street chassis reinforcement
Sport trans.
Race driveline, diff.
17" American Racing Torq-Thrusts
(You can use lighter rims but I love these on muscle cars)

TUNE
30/30
FD 2.50
-2.7/-2.5
0/0
28/11
712/646
5.6/5.6
8.4/7.9
2.7/2.2
48/140
35/30

It's certainly possible to build a more powerful version of this car but I was faster when put a little PI into the handling.
#164 Posted : Saturday, December 13, 2014 8:55:19 PM(UTC)
Hey foot, I seen you have a few times posted in a class in a ZL1, can you post that or share the tune?
#165 Posted : Sunday, December 14, 2014 6:44:08 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: STANMAN911 Go to Quoted Post
Hey foot, I seen you have a few times posted in a class in a ZL1, can you post that or share the tune?

Yeah, that car has my PB at Bathurst, Road America and Road America West. But stupid me accidentally deleted the tune. I think I have it rebuilt correctly, now I'm just tuning it again.
#166 Posted : Monday, December 15, 2014 12:32:32 PM(UTC)
A class 2009 Chevrolet Corvette ZR1

This was requested by STANMAN911, and since he is an old garage mate from Atlantic Tuning I got right on it. This car currently holds my PBs at Road America, Road America West, and Bathurst. It's probably not going to blow any X-Bows off the track but it certainly looks and sounds better.
NOTICE - This car was tuned and driven with TCS ON, if you have the throttle control to go without you're better than me!

MY TIMES
Road America 2:11.431 #431
Road America West 1:17.911 #897
Bathurst 2:08.778 #434
Road Atlanta 1:24.517 #780

BUILD
Sport exhaust
Race suspension
Race ARBs
Race weight reduction
Street driveline
Race diff.
305F/355R
Volk TE37 (or other lightest)
Forza Aero F/R

TUNE
28/28
-3.5/-3.0
0/-.3
15/11
470/450
3.2/2.8
10.5/10.5
2.2/2.2
100/200
48/140
50/25

Tuned and driven with TCS ON, go without at your own risk.

Edited by user Monday, December 15, 2014 5:50:42 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#167 Posted : Monday, December 15, 2014 5:23:32 PM(UTC)
I will certainly have a go round with the vette, the tune I was questioning you about though was a Camaro ZL1. lol sry! I cant remember where you had a time posted with it but it was impressive to me since it was in the Camaro ZL1. Thankfully I need more Vette tunes! Keep up the good work! Oh and I don't know if I ever gave you feedback for your '65 mustang or '69 Trans Am. Both are top notch! The Trans Am is C class handles beautifully and I think the 4.9 handling is sandbagging the stats a little bit!
#168 Posted : Monday, December 15, 2014 5:48:11 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: STANMAN911 Go to Quoted Post
I will certainly have a go round with the vette, the tune I was questioning you about though was a Camaro ZL1. lol sry! I cant remember where you had a time posted with it but it was impressive to me since it was in the Camaro ZL1. Thankfully I need more Vette tunes! Keep up the good work! Oh and I don't know if I ever gave you feedback for your '65 mustang or '69 Trans Am. Both are top notch! The Trans Am is C class handles beautifully and I think the 4.9 handling is sandbagging the stats a little bit!

Duh, misread your post. This is the Camaro ZL1 tune I have used most of the time. It is by Rosny and was his entry in an informal tuning comp/debate at Indy GP. Read the whole thread, it's quite entertaining and informative.

Edited by user Monday, December 15, 2014 5:52:11 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#169 Posted : Tuesday, December 16, 2014 9:18:16 AM(UTC)
How are you getting on with your new wheel setup now? Enjoying the different experience? Managed to match your controller pace?
#170 Posted : Tuesday, December 16, 2014 12:29:10 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Johnny D1999 Go to Quoted Post
How are you getting on with your new wheel setup now? Enjoying the different experience? Managed to match your controller pace?

I'm enjoying the wheel and I am now up to pace. I still go back to the controller sometimes when I'm feeling lazy and to try and stay up to speed with it.
#171 Posted : Sunday, December 21, 2014 4:52:17 PM(UTC)
What settings are you using on your TX wheel?
#172 Posted : Monday, December 22, 2014 5:34:33 AM(UTC)
What settings are you using on your TX wheel?

Right now I have 270 DOR, vibration 50%, FF 75%, sensitivity default, and I use the auto-clutch option.
For the brake pedal I placed a piece of high density foam under it and set the outside travel to 80%. Now I have to press really hard to lock-up.

#173 Posted : Thursday, December 25, 2014 6:24:48 PM(UTC)
I've just got one today for Christmas! Finding it quite a culture shock at the moment! I'm struggling to just keep it on the road never mind worrying about lap times. Do you find you have much dead zone in the pedals? Mine seem to have a lot either on the FM5 throttle and brake position indicators/telemetry or on the control panel on the settings on the laptop, I'm abit worried!
#174 Posted : Thursday, December 25, 2014 8:01:10 PM(UTC)
I've just got one today for Christmas! Finding it quite a culture shock at the moment! I'm struggling to just keep it on the road never mind worrying about lap times. Do you find you have much dead zone in the pedals? Mine seem to have a lot either on the FM5 throttle and brake position indicators/telemetry or on the control panel on the settings on the laptop, I'm abit worried!

Pretty cool Johnny! I just got one as well (Christmas gift) and will be setting it up when I return to LV on Monday. Will certainly be looking for some tips soon. Thanks for sharing your settings gtFOOTw. Enjoy!

DJ Saoco
#175 Posted : Friday, December 26, 2014 1:21:28 AM(UTC)
My Rig, with Thrustmaster TX

I've been wanting this for years, it finally came together. Still about a second a lap off my controller pace, but it's a lot of fun.

Did u buy this or build it. If u built it I would love a blueprint cause I'm about to purchase a thrustmaster tx wheel even though I know I wont be as fast at first I'm hoping I will get as fast or faster than with the controller.
9 Pages<<56789PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error