This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
29 Pages<<26272829PrevNext
 2 users liked this post.
#676 Posted : Monday, February 15, 2016 6:51:52 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: HLR PRKid Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Crucian4 Go to Quoted Post

I think this is a good thing. I think that's a more manageable amount for drivers especially if it is multiple tracks. As much as I would like to be in the next one I might miss it but, this is more reasonable.

Thanks for the support Crucian, it's appreciated!

Your welcome! I will continue to participate officially or unofficially. It is a lot of fun!
FM1 = New XBox / FM2 = New XBox 360 / FM5 = New XBox One
............................................Racing Inspires.........
 2 users liked this post.
#677 Posted : Tuesday, February 16, 2016 3:23:16 PM(UTC)

Please note that the Podium spots will be getting CRs from T10.....and, they should be in your Gift Message Center already. Hope you enjoy, and, thanks to T10 for their contribution to this event!

In addition, as a token of appreciation, the tuners with the Overall Podium spots will automatically qualify to participate in the next tuning competition. So, what this means is that you do not have to rush for the sign up on the forum, since you will be their already. However, there is a caveat.....you must post an "acceptance" once the thread goes live so we know that you indeed will be participating, and, if you wish not to (or cannot) participate, you can not forward your spot to another person. So, "use it or lose it". We will continue to use this Rule for future competitions as well. Hope you all like this change....it will give you another incentive to produce a build/tune as best as possible for such token.

PRKid

Edited by user Tuesday, February 16, 2016 3:24:58 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

DJ Saoco
 1 user liked this post.
#678 Posted : Tuesday, February 16, 2016 7:27:23 PM(UTC)

Please note that the Podium spots will be getting CRs from T10.....and, they should be in your Gift Message Center already. Hope you enjoy, and, thanks to T10 for their contribution to this event!

In addition, as a token of appreciation, the tuners with the Overall Podium spots will automatically qualify to participate in the next tuning competition. So, what this means is that you do not have to rush for the sign up on the forum, since you will be their already. However, there is a caveat.....you must post an "acceptance" once the thread goes live so we know that you indeed will be participating, and, if you wish not to (or cannot) participate, you can not forward your spot to another person. So, "use it or lose it". We will continue to use this Rule for future competitions as well. Hope you all like this change....it will give you another incentive to produce a build/tune as best as possible for such token.

PRKid

Thanks PRkid for doing this.
DRIVE FAST OR DON'T BOTHER DRIVING....
PTG W4RLOCK
WWW.PENDULUMTUNING.PROBOARDS.COM
Twitter @ptg_w4rlock
 1 user liked this post.
#679 Posted : Tuesday, February 16, 2016 7:55:53 PM(UTC)
As a suggestion have you thought about doing a car/build specific challenge where everyone needs to use the same car/build which would put more emphasis on the tune.
#680 Posted : Tuesday, February 16, 2016 8:18:34 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Brandon11m Go to Quoted Post
As a suggestion have you thought about doing a car/build specific challenge where everyone needs to use the same car/build which would put more emphasis on the tune.

Thanks for the suggestion Brandon! And, yes, we have done these in the past, especially several of them on FM5. We did both, same car w/different build, as well as, same car/build......these were organized by different folks. The same car/build does get a little boring at times since there is not a lot of room to make an impact on the tune, whereas proper build selection is adds another dimension to make you think the right setup...for example, should I go with larger rims, etc....even with similar builds? One other type of HLC and comp that I participate on, was basically limiting the PI on a particular car (so, each car has a different PI allowed) to sort of "equalizer". Anyway, we will keep thinking about all these ideas. Again, thanks!

DJ Saoco
 1 user liked this post.
#681 Posted : Wednesday, February 17, 2016 3:03:38 AM(UTC)
Woke up early this morning and was looking at leaderboards and tracks and wishing I had some coffee. But I started looking at A class stuff, we did C and B, and at the tracks that have either dirty or no/slow times. Maybe a night at Daytona 24hr and Sebring full type thing. Spa or Monza would be really sweet too. Totally just thoughts I thought I'd throw out there. No matter what I will be hopefully in or at least checking out this next one.

Get that podium!!
Maxwell's Speed Shop
xDeaDxZeppLiNx
mechanic, paint
 1 user liked this post.
#682 Posted : Wednesday, February 17, 2016 4:08:37 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: xDeaDxZeppLiNx Go to Quoted Post
Woke up early this morning and was looking at leaderboards and tracks and wishing I had some coffee. But I started looking at A class stuff, we did C and B, and at the tracks that have either dirty or no/slow times. Maybe a night at Daytona 24hr and Sebring full type thing. Spa or Monza would be really sweet too. Totally just thoughts I thought I'd throw out there. No matter what I will be hopefully in or at least checking out this next one.

Get that podium!!

Yes, MONZA is a sweet track bro in a non-leaderboard car in A cass will be epic, good idea.
PTG W4RLOCK
Twitter @ptg_w4rlock
 3 users liked this post.
#683 Posted : Wednesday, February 17, 2016 5:32:24 AM(UTC)

PRKid

Pretty cool idea and perk. This is one comp where losing never felt so good. Though I don't know that I really lost.

I put together a car that could place in the top 20 on Le Mans Classic, learned a thing or two in the process and from feedback, had loads of fun in this thread, enjoyed several awesome livestreams and replays, still learning how to drive several top notch cars on these tracks, and got an even bigger itch to experiment build and tune to try and make fast fun cars that can get to the top of the leaderboards without being in the top 100 already.

So... Yeah 4th overall felt good... Till now...
So I'm definitely gunning for a podium in the next one. And congrats again to the podium finishers!

I think this next one will be be even tougher.
FM1 = New XBox / FM2 = New XBox 360 / FM5 = New XBox One
............................................Racing Inspires.........
 3 users liked this post.
#684 Posted : Wednesday, February 17, 2016 6:34:10 AM(UTC)
Congrats to the top guys. I knew my ride was not going to be a contender. I just wanted to tune the '67 Chevelle (r/l favorite car).

Put me down for the next one. If I find the time I will enter for sure.
 3 users liked this post.
#685 Posted : Wednesday, February 17, 2016 11:24:16 PM(UTC)
Went into this knowing that I wasn't going to be the fastest at the big track simply because of the low speed my car had. I did know that by choosing the S2000 that it would most likely be the fastest at bugatti. I'm slightly upset with myself about not going muscle but it's all about having fun right? I wanted to be different. Being #1 in the cars division on le mans classic with my own tune makes me want to strive for more! I love building for the competitions. Makes everything that you put on the car count. It's not about just slapping on parts to fit the PI. I'm glad to take part in any competition that HLR hosts.
 1 user liked this post.
#686 Posted : Thursday, February 18, 2016 9:04:15 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: xDeaDxCriMinaLx Go to Quoted Post
Went into this knowing that I wasn't going to be the fastest at the big track simply because of the low speed my car had. I did know that by choosing the S2000 that it would most likely be the fastest at bugatti. I'm slightly upset with myself about not going muscle but it's all about having fun right? I wanted to be different. Being #1 in the cars division on le mans classic with my own tune makes me want to strive for more! I love building for the competitions. Makes everything that you put on the car count. It's not about just slapping on parts to fit the PI. I'm glad to take part in any competition that HLR hosts.

Thanks for the feedback CriMinal, it's appreciated! Glad you enjoyed the comp.....you car was a great contender! I wish you best of luck in future comps.

DJ Saoco
 1 user liked this post.
#687 Posted : Thursday, February 18, 2016 1:56:10 PM(UTC)
I'm in!!
Maxwell's Speed Shop
xDeaDxZeppLiNx
mechanic, paint
 2 users liked this post.
#688 Posted : Thursday, February 18, 2016 1:57:11 PM(UTC)
Just kidding, haha! I saw Kid had posted so replied real quick just incase, dont wanna miss the sign up for the next one!!
Maxwell's Speed Shop
xDeaDxZeppLiNx
mechanic, paint
 2 users liked this post.
#689 Posted : Thursday, February 18, 2016 3:02:55 PM(UTC)
I'm in!!

Just kidding, haha! I saw Kid had posted so replied real quick just incase, dont wanna miss the sign up for the next one!!

Now, that was funny......lmxo......

Heck, every time I post on a thread I'll have to be careful so we don't get a lot of "false" starts....lol....

DJ Saoco
 3 users liked this post.
#690 Posted : Thursday, February 18, 2016 4:46:44 PM(UTC)
I'm in!!

Now, that was funny......lmxo......

Heck, every time I post on a thread I'll have to be careful so we don't get a lot of "false" starts....lol....

False start on PRkid...5 yard penalty and repeat comp.....
PTG W4RLOCK
Twitter @ptg_w4rlock
#691 Posted : Thursday, February 18, 2016 4:52:45 PM(UTC)
Ok, I'll take a lap!

Hey Kid, you sent me all that info on posting pics, my PC isn't working correctly so I can either use my phone or my tablet. When I tried that 1st time early on in this thread, my problem was the extension or file name wasn't what I was to be looking for, and I don't know how to right click something with a phone. Sorry man, I promise I'm not as dumb as it seems, lol!!
Maxwell's Speed Shop
xDeaDxZeppLiNx
mechanic, paint
 1 user liked this post.
#692 Posted : Thursday, February 18, 2016 5:13:16 PM(UTC)
Ok, I'll take a lap!

Hey Kid, you sent me all that info on posting pics, my PC isn't working correctly so I can either use my phone or my tablet. When I tried that 1st time early on in this thread, my problem was the extension or file name wasn't what I was to be looking for, and I don't know how to right click something with a phone. Sorry man, I promise I'm not as dumb as it seems, lol!!

On phone, do a "select all, copy"......that should do it....I think!

DJ Saoco
#693 Posted : Thursday, February 18, 2016 5:22:36 PM(UTC)
Ok thanks, I'll give it a ****. I'm trying to find your email, I think I accidently deleted it. If it's not too much of a pain, any chance you could please send it again, if you still have my info.
Maxwell's Speed Shop
xDeaDxZeppLiNx
mechanic, paint
 2 users liked this post.
#694 Posted : Sunday, February 21, 2016 12:09:32 PM(UTC)
I am probably rudely late with this post, but only just seen the full results.
Fairly happy with how the Capri did, but more impressed with you guys turning around the comp so quick, with great times, videos and feedback too.
Having since tried PRKid's Trans Am I can see how it won, it is a superb tune - well done sir!

Awesome comp well done to all!
#695 Posted : Sunday, February 21, 2016 12:32:34 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: sk15kev Go to Quoted Post
I am probably rudely late with this post, but only just seen the full results.
Fairly happy with how the Capri did, but more impressed with you guys turning around the comp so quick, with great times, videos and feedback too.
Having since tried PRKid's Trans Am I can see how it won, it is a superb tune - well done sir!

Awesome comp well done to all!

Thank you very much for the feedback, and, glad you enjoyed the comp! Primary credit to all the Test Drivers for their hard work. And, thanks for checking out the Trans Am tune....

PRKid

DJ Saoco
 2 users liked this post.
#696 Posted : Tuesday, February 23, 2016 9:32:22 AM(UTC)
I do not know where I have been. I just now realized that I got 13th place overall with that big old stock looking Dodge Coronet. Congrats to the tuners on the podium. It was a very fun competition. Nice job goes out to HLR PRKid and the crew who assisted in the driving. I look forward to the next competition.

AKA: SP01LED JAM1E.
Twitter = @PTG_Jamie
 3 users liked this post.
#697 Posted : Tuesday, February 23, 2016 9:38:50 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: SP01LED JAM1E Go to Quoted Post
I do not know where I have been. I just now realized that I got 13th place overall with that big old stock looking Dodge Coronet. Congrats to the tuners on the podium. It was a very fun competition. Nice job goes out to HLR PRKid and the crew who assisted in the driving. I look forward to the next competition.

Thanks JAM1E....! Another comp coming soon, so, stay tuned!

PRKid

DJ Saoco
 1 user liked this post.
#698 Posted : Saturday, March 5, 2016 3:24:35 AM(UTC)
Just throwing in a vote for VIR be considered for the next comp, I'm really enjoying that track. Maybe it's just because it's new but for me it's a very fun track, all versions.

Just thought I'd throw that out there.
Maxwell's Speed Shop
xDeaDxZeppLiNx
mechanic, paint
 2 users liked this post.
#699 Posted : Saturday, March 5, 2016 4:22:13 AM(UTC)
Just throwing in a vote for VIR be considered for the next comp, I'm really enjoying that track. Maybe it's just because it's new but for me it's a very fun track, all versions.

Just thought I'd throw that out there.

I agree, I love the place. The only problem with it though is that not everyone might have it if it were to be included in a comp. I really wish they had made the track available to everyone irrespective of the Porsche pack.
 1 user liked this post.
#700 Posted : Saturday, March 5, 2016 6:24:35 AM(UTC)
I totally agree. I could see maybe half price for the tracks, maybe a third the whole porche pack price. I have to admit though, there is a fair amount of content for 20 bucks. What I'd love to see is turn 10 do a pack like that for the different disciplines of racing, like ralky, drag, drift. And introduce specific cars and upgrades to go with each pack. But that's a Saturday morning daydream...Sorry for the wishlisty end to that!

Edited by user Saturday, March 5, 2016 6:25:59 AM(UTC)  | Reason: I can imagine well in the am, just not spell!!

Maxwell's Speed Shop
xDeaDxZeppLiNx
mechanic, paint
29 Pages<<26272829PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error