17 Pages12345>>PrevNext
#51 Posted : Friday, January 8, 2016 5:24:11 PM(UTC)
Personally I like the concept of Unicorn cars, as it encourages the community to get involved in game or forum features. Paint contests were mega active during the Xbox 360 days as you had something other than Credits to win.

Maybe with more people now trying Leagues the matchmaking system improves and people can get cleaner races. Leagues are great when they work as intended, and are certainly less messy than the Hoppers.
#52 Posted : Friday, January 8, 2016 5:35:00 PM(UTC)
Any chance Turn 10 can confirm there will be a car every month. If I'm going to have to buy Xbox Live Gold to get access to the car, I'll buy multiple months if this isn't going to be a one off.
 3 users liked this post.
#53 Posted : Friday, January 8, 2016 6:02:52 PM(UTC)
So much for the "No More Unicorns". If this is indeed the implementation, it's just one more notch against me doing further business with T10. Don't get me wrong I like the unicorn as a concept but restricting it to one aspect of the game that many don't enjoy(I don't participate in multiplayer due to internet problems). I did like the unicorn livery for the McLaren P1 in FM5 as that was a way to reward players with a badge of honor to display, but in gems of a car I'm completely against restricting game content to the majority of players.
#54 Posted : Friday, January 8, 2016 6:12:58 PM(UTC)
Hello Europe calling

First I liked the idea. But now seeing when the league is open you guys would expect that we grind the hell out of the league, every single night?
#55 Posted : Friday, January 8, 2016 6:38:59 PM(UTC)
I have 0% chance of getting this car because the lobby closes 15 minutes after I get home from work. What is the point of leagues having limited times that it is open? Does the supervisor in charge of leagues have a curfew? J/k Previously there were no prizes or championships to win. So opening and closing them daily seem pointless.
 2 users liked this post.
#56 Posted : Friday, January 8, 2016 7:00:25 PM(UTC)
I like unicorns and the fact you have to do some effort to get them. However, this league thing could become a massive grind, and i really hope the time schedules change, 12am till 07am? Maybe it's a good thing i don't have a job at the moment. :D

I've been thinking. Why not make it a beat x time to win like in FM4? But make it so that every skill level get's another time to beat, because i know there were alot of complaints that it was too hard. You already have a system that determines in what division a player is placed in leagues. Why not use that to determine the time the player has to beat. If you're in pinnacle you get, let's say a 1min15, just to say a number, for elite a 1min17 and so on. That would make it a fair challenge for everyone.
Veteran Forza player: FM1-FM6

Rig
 11 users liked this post.
#57 Posted : Friday, January 8, 2016 7:38:56 PM(UTC)
Man there are a lot of whiners playing Forza these days. They must be a part of today's "Entitlement Generation" who think that they deserve everything to be given to them. What happened to striving to be the best and win the deserved trophy instead of sitting back complaining and getting a trophy just because you played in the game? I for one think that this is an awesome idea and will make the leagues even more competitive.
#58 Posted : Friday, January 8, 2016 8:06:51 PM(UTC)
As long as this car and others are available to those who don't play nor care for online/multiplayer/leagues at some point for which it can then be purchased in game with credits, then ok.
We'll see after this month.

I've never been a fan of unicorns, we all should have access (free or not) to everything, was glad to see it gone from other Forza games.

Edited by user Friday, January 8, 2016 8:16:01 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#59 Posted : Friday, January 8, 2016 8:43:13 PM(UTC)
I loved this car in Forza 5! Will it eventually become available to those of us who don't play multiplayer?
 10 users liked this post.
#60 Posted : Friday, January 8, 2016 9:23:30 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: PJTierney Go to Quoted Post
Personally I like the concept of Unicorn cars, as it encourages the community to get involved in game or forum features. Paint contests were mega active during the Xbox 360 days as you had something other than Credits to win.

Maybe with more people now trying Leagues the matchmaking system improves and people can get cleaner races. Leagues are great when they work as intended, and are certainly less messy than the Hoppers.

Some of us dedicate our time to actual leagues to avoid the public lobby multiplayer madness. Why should we be penalized for wanting to enjoy clean, organized events?

Originally Posted by: YcS TheSTIG007 Go to Quoted Post
Man there are a lot of whiners playing Forza these days. They must be a part of today's "Entitlement Generation" who think that they deserve everything to be given to them. What happened to striving to be the best and win the deserved trophy instead of sitting back complaining and getting a trophy just because you played in the game? I for one think that this is an awesome idea and will make the leagues even more competitive.

First and foremost, I'm a libertarian, so watch where you sling that "E" word. ;)

I'm not asking that it be given to me. I want the option to purchase the content to complete the game. I bought the ultimate edition, the car pass, and will undoubtedly buy the PEP regardless of how disappointing it will likely be, as well as any additional DLC that comes along at the end of the car pass, just as I have done with every Forza title I've owned to date..

What this move indicates to me is that the public lobbies are so broken, and the response to the online leagues has been so underwhelming that they have resorted to dangling a car that should have already been in the game since September just to get more people to participate.
Mod Edit - If you have a complaint, the e-mail address you should address that complaint is in the CoC. - D
 13 users liked this post.
#61 Posted : Friday, January 8, 2016 10:05:10 PM(UTC)
top 50th percent? bad move T10, seriously... making a whole care that exclusive, come on. The Fallout car is one thing, but now this? At least with the fallout car, more people have an actual chance of getting it. But, limiting it to only the people who are top leaderboard people?

And I am far from the so called 'entitlement generation' , I'm 35, and I have quite a busy life, and never really go into online stuff as far as Forza goes, but I know I am a bottom tier racer when it come to these kinds of events, so my chances, are nill. But I get where some of these people come from.. some , well, yes they do fit the entitlement thing just a bit. But for those of us who did get the $100 version of this game, we really haven't seen any truly exclusive things come to us for having the top tier version. Pretty much its been, nothing more than a bundle deal of car pass, and other DLC. but nothing really ultimate at all.

ugh...

So much for being an Ultimate Edition owner... haven't really seen much perks for having this yet...

Edited by user Friday, January 8, 2016 10:18:28 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Verrückter Schakal | ­ ­ The Höllenhund
 2 users liked this post.
#62 Posted : Friday, January 8, 2016 10:13:15 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: YcS TheSTIG007 Go to Quoted Post

+100

Better than always being right is knowing when to shut up
#63 Posted : Friday, January 8, 2016 10:17:23 PM(UTC)
How long will this last, though? That's my concern. Monthly rivals are rarely updated, let's hope this doesn't have the same fate.

Also, could T10 please use their own in game messaging system to make all players aware that they can win a "unicorn", and not just the few hundred who will see this thread?

Don't know if this will work, with the silly time restrictions on the leagues preventing many from even taking part, let alone finishing top half, and this does seem like a desperate clutch at straws by someone in T10 to justify the leagues despite their obscenely low overall usage by the players, but I'm all for anything that might bring some life back into the fora community.
 1 user liked this post.
#64 Posted : Friday, January 8, 2016 10:26:48 PM(UTC)
My chances are quite slim, but I will certainly give it a try.
I really want that car. Good luck to everyone!
#65 Posted : Friday, January 8, 2016 10:39:04 PM(UTC)
Heya,the return of a kind of unicorns...
Maybe the way to get the hands on this one is much too time consuming for myself,but its a nice and more than welcome feature.
Bring back the "rivals vs developers"and i'll be flashed...

Vandalism/Forza Artists/Forza Showrooms/APEX RACING GT/Digital Motorsports on facebook...

#66 Posted : Friday, January 8, 2016 10:49:04 PM(UTC)
Can someone clear some stuff up with me as I never played multiplayer in this game? I know leagues are grouped in 5 ranks. But when is a league actually open and for how long? When do you progress in ranks at the end of each day or at the end of each weak? Is it possible to get this car if I play only on weekends as I don't have access to my xbox other than that time of the week and I start at the lowest rank? I may have some follow up questions but for now thats it. And yes, I did read the FAQ at the top of the forum but that doesn't explain things very well.
 1 user liked this post.
#67 Posted : Saturday, January 9, 2016 12:35:01 AM(UTC)
Another wrong direction Turn10 is moving..
#68 Posted : Saturday, January 9, 2016 12:43:44 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: IvoGTA 360 Go to Quoted Post
Can someone clear some stuff up with me as I never played multiplayer in this game? I know leagues are grouped in 5 ranks. But when is a league actually open and for how long? When do you progress in ranks at the end of each day or at the end of each weak? Is it possible to get this car if I play only on weekends as I don't have access to my xbox other than that time of the week and I start at the lowest rank? I may have some follow up questions but for now thats it. And yes, I did read the FAQ at the top of the forum but that doesn't explain things very well.

I'll try to expand on the FAQ this weekend. In general each League is open for a six hour window and then closed for some time and back open again repeatedly throughout the week. The menu in the Leagues section of the game will show you the next window and the end date for each League. Progress is cumulative through each session you play during the week.

The Can-Am League will be open for seven-hour windows. Tonight at least there were no breaks between windows: the first opened at 6pm Eastern and closed at 1am, then the next window opened at 1am and is still open until 8am. You'll have to see whether the window is open when you want to play, and there's no way for us to see beyond the current window to know when the next one will open.

On the 15th the Can-Am League will close and the leaderboards for each of the five divisions in the league will be assessed for the top 50% of players in each division. Those players will receive the Ferrari gift on the 18th or later (it's a manual distribution process). The announcement said this would be a weekly league, so expect the next league for this prize to open on the 15th and run through the 22nd. You could win the Ferrari from that period too, as well as from the following weekly period.
 1 user liked this post.
#69 Posted : Saturday, January 9, 2016 1:29:40 AM(UTC)
Just for perspective, top-half of the league is actually a pretty low bar most weeks because the scores fall off really quickly as you look down the leaderboard. In Pinnacle at least while there may be a couple of hundred people on the board there's usually only about 20-30 with more than a few thousand points. I did just two or three decent sessions in R-class ghost last week and finished 4th overall. I would have needed to grind like hell to make top 3, but I reckon I would have made top-half with just a handfull of races.
 3 users liked this post.
User is suspended until 4/12/2045 3:18:22 AM(UTC)
#70 Posted : Saturday, January 9, 2016 2:11:46 AM(UTC)
I like extra rewards and I don't mind having to put a little bit of effort in it to get them, but I haven't decided yet if I like T10's implementation so far or not. I completely despise what EA does with Real Racing 3 and their stupid daily login rewards and forced timezone events, they basically decide when I have to play RR3 instead of me chosing when I want to play. I sure hope with FM6 it isn't going towards that direction. Anyway, for the month of January, it is what it is folks, deal with it for now and make the best out of it. I'm sure T10 will listen to our feedback and make changes for similar future events (if needed).

If we cooperate a little bit I'm sure most of us will be able to have the reward car at the end of the month. Here is what we should do :

Week 1 - This first week it's every man for himself. Good luck and congrats to the players who win the car. Strategy: It's important that EVERYONE should participate and show up in the ranks. Even if you don't plan on aiming for a top 50% spot this week, make sure you are on the leader boards, the more people who participate, the more people who get rewarded. To participate and end up on the leader boards you only need to finish one race and that's it (takes 5-15 minutes of your time).

Week 2 - If you won your car in week 1, it's VERY IMPORTANT to keep participating on the leader boards. Not to win the car again (unless you care for multiple copies of a car, I personally don't care at all, I would even sell/delete a second copy from my garage) but to help out other players who did not get the car yet in week 2. Ideally only play once and that's enough. If you want to play more, try to stay in the bottom 50% of your league devision so that other players win the car.

Week 3 - Same strategy as in week 2, if you already got your car play at least once so that you participate in helping out other players get their car.

Week 4 - This would be the week spanning towards February, not sure T10 will add a 4th week or not, so to be sure try to get your car before the end of week 3. If there is a 4th week, keep entering the league scoreboards to help out your fellow players once again.

On a side-note, regarding the league opening timeslots it seems as if the league is always open for this event, last night's league in Europe lasted until 7 AM and the one that's up right now is from 7 AM until 2 PM. Good choice T10, now everyone in everyone time-zone can play when they want and that's already one issue less people will have to complain about. ;)

Happy racing! And think about your fellow racers (*)!

(*) Fellow racers also include disabled or sick people, or young children who might not yet be the best racers but love to win the Ferrrari car as well. So think about them as well, it's not always about your e-peen. :)
@sofa: XBO 1TB + Elite Controller ~ Samsung 65" SUHD curved 3D LED TV ~ 5.1 surround home theatre
@rig: XBO 1TB ~ obutto r3volution ~ Thrustmaster TX + T3PA + TH8A + Leather 28 GT ~ Samsung 50" 3D Plasma TV ~ H&K Soundsticks III
 1 user liked this post.
#71 Posted : Saturday, January 9, 2016 3:09:46 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Zedeeyen Go to Quoted Post
Just for perspective, top-half of the league is actually a pretty low bar most weeks because the scores fall off really quickly as you look down the leaderboard. In Pinnacle at least while there may be a couple of hundred people on the board there's usually only about 20-30 with more than a few thousand points. I did just two or three decent sessions in R-class ghost last week and finished 4th overall. I would have needed to grind like hell to make top 3, but I reckon I would have made top-half with just a handfull of races.

Agreed, I usually get to Top 20 on Day 1, and even if I don't play for a few days after that I'll still be around Top 30, with Top 50% being around 125th place.

Top 10 is a grind, but Top 50% isn't as hard as people think; go check the leaderboards yourself and see the point totals.
#72 Posted : Saturday, January 9, 2016 4:10:29 AM(UTC)
Just give it is and not make us race with idiotic crashers and have a slim chance of even get anywhere near the requirements for it.
#73 Posted : Saturday, January 9, 2016 4:19:58 AM(UTC)
that' sad... i used to love the car in FM5, i just don't get why it won't be available for everyone, i am out of town for the next 3/4 weeks, so i won't be able to get the car. Do Turn10 think about people who won't be able to race in Leagues (because of real life stuff etc.) and actually would like these things, but those people won't be able of getting those "Unicorn" cars?
My twitch channel: http://de.twitch.tv/xmt_sch1wo
#74 Posted : Saturday, January 9, 2016 4:24:16 AM(UTC)
I'm am sure it'll be available to buy at some point in the future, the League players are simply rewarded with getting it earlier.
 3 users liked this post.
#75 Posted : Saturday, January 9, 2016 4:39:37 AM(UTC)
or just give it free for ultimate edition users after a month.
My twitch channel: http://de.twitch.tv/xmt_sch1wo
17 Pages12345>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error