17 Pages1234>>PrevNext
#26 Posted : Friday, January 8, 2016 2:27:28 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: deadlycowpat95 Go to Quoted Post
Well, that's going to be impossible in Pinnacle without spending every waking moment of the week in the league

If I read the WIR article correctly, you just need to be in the top half of the standings. Are the Pinnacle Leagues that competitive? It's been a while since I've played multiplayer.

#27 Posted : Friday, January 8, 2016 2:27:36 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: CarlsonsRaiders Go to Quoted Post
Well, that's going to be impossible in Pinnacle without spending every waking moment of the week in the league

Yeah, the grind to stay in the top half of that league is unbelievably difficult, and adding a bonus car into the mix it just going to make it even worse.

*If* the 312 is a leaderboard car too and becomes eligible for the Can-Am league, then those with the car are just going to lock-out the top 50%.

Twitter: @RyHirons
#28 Posted : Friday, January 8, 2016 2:27:50 PM(UTC)
Damn for a second there I thought maybe the excluded cars from FM5 were going to make a come back! But wrong again lol I still hold hope though. Really missing some of those rides.
#29 Posted : Friday, January 8, 2016 2:28:24 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Shaggy SoCal Go to Quoted Post

If I read the WIR article correctly, you just need to be in the top half of the standings. Are the Pinnacle Leagues that competitive? It's been a while since I've played multiplayer.

People in there are crazy fast and extremely dedicated to the league

Twitter: @RyHirons
#30 Posted : Friday, January 8, 2016 2:31:18 PM(UTC)
Well, that's somewhat a stupid idea, but i'll live with it...
#31 Posted : Friday, January 8, 2016 2:33:06 PM(UTC)
Darn. Was getting pretty exited for a moment, there. While not in typical form, really, it seems Unicorns are back.

Bring on some Can-Am love in the Porsche Pack, please.

The again, I really have no idea how leagues work; could anyone offer a quick primer, or link to one? The biggest question I have is: what does "Pinnacle" league mean?

Edited by user Friday, January 8, 2016 2:37:15 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#32 Posted : Friday, January 8, 2016 2:34:36 PM(UTC)
I suppose there is an out in the language - the only way to get it in January is via leagues, but maybe everyone will have access to it after January. We'll have to get more info or verify the clause.
 5 users liked this post.
#33 Posted : Friday, January 8, 2016 2:35:18 PM(UTC)
If it were just an exclusive livery on an existing car or something of that nature, similar to what VIPs get ever so often, I'd be fine. The fact that Turn 10 is holding a shiny new car (to FM6 anyways) behind a stipulation like this isn't so hot. Like Deadly mentioned, if you're in a higher league like pinnacle, got luck getting into the top 50th percentile without mercilessly grinding league races every waking hour of the week, and then after the month is up, what, that's it? Nobody else gets to have the car? Not a fan of this in the slightest, and I hope we don't see more "exclusive" cars like this in the future, though I fear we will.

I hope Turn 10 make the car available to everyone after January is up, the last thing they need to do is start with exclusive content and other junk that companies like EA love to jam into their games.

Edited by user Friday, January 8, 2016 2:37:11 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#34 Posted : Friday, January 8, 2016 2:37:18 PM(UTC)
The league approach makes it even tougher than a Rivals contest if they're going to limit the open window to certain hours for that league.
 6 users liked this post.
#35 Posted : Friday, January 8, 2016 2:46:22 PM(UTC)
I can't believe that they'd take the "months and months" that it takes to build a car for the game and only limit it to a select few people (when compared to the overall FM6 player base), seems like a lot of time wasted for not a lot of people to enjoy it.

Eh, whatever.
#36 Posted : Friday, January 8, 2016 2:51:57 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: sdwaltz30 Go to Quoted Post
I can't believe that they'd take the "months and months" that it takes to build a car for the game and only limit it to a select few people (when compared to the overall FM6 player base), seems like a lot of time wasted for not a lot of people to enjoy it.

Eh, whatever.

Except this car was already in FM5 so it is even more questionable.
#37 Posted : Friday, January 8, 2016 2:58:50 PM(UTC)
[Mod Edit - profanity and disguised profanity are not allowed - MM]

Edited by user Friday, January 8, 2016 3:07:37 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

3 users liked this post.
#38 Posted : Friday, January 8, 2016 3:06:59 PM(UTC)
Mechberg in the stream just now:

"If you win each week you'll get multiple copies of the car"

"While this is the way you get the car in January, who knows how you might get it going forward..." "If you don't get the car in January, have no fear, we'll come up with cool ways to get the car in the future, not everyone is a racer..."
 2 users liked this post.
#39 Posted : Friday, January 8, 2016 3:11:38 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ManteoMax Go to Quoted Post
Mechberg in the stream just now:

"If you win each week you'll get multiple copies of the car"

"While this is the way you get the car in January, who knows how you might get it going forward..." "If you don't get the car in January, have no fear, we'll come up with cool ways to get the car in the future, not everyone is a racer..."

That gives me hope that they will make it a prize car for winning a photo contest. I'm not that great a racing and I haven't even touched multiplayer or leagues but I can take a good photo!
 3 users liked this post.
#40 Posted : Friday, January 8, 2016 3:18:42 PM(UTC)
While I don't know the first thing about Leagues or this "Pinnacle" thing you speak of, I do think that no matter what the stipulation, people are going to complain. It sounds like being in the top half of this "Pinnacle" thing is extremely difficult.... But what if they said the top 1% on a certain track? People would still complain. Remember all the complaints about the Bounty Hunter cars in Forza 5? Turn 10 must think, "You just can't please these people!" I mean, how easy would Turn 10 have to make it for people to feel it's fair, if ever, unless the car was just given or sold to everyone? I actually love the idea of 'unicorns' returning. I think unicorns would be great encouragement to become a better driver as well as a great boost to community involvement that the game has been bereft of since Forza 5 came into existence. If the requirement for earning the 'unicorn' were reasonable, I would invest more time in the game and it certainly would become more interesting to me. Question is.... what's "reasonable"?

Edited by user Friday, January 8, 2016 3:21:10 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#41 Posted : Friday, January 8, 2016 3:21:11 PM(UTC)
Per RBW Triton, the Can-Am league has just opened and will be open for 7 hr windows. You may see oddball cars in there right now; it takes a moment for restrictions to kick in.
#42 Posted : Friday, January 8, 2016 3:29:16 PM(UTC)
Per RBW Triton, the Can-Am league has just opened and will be open for 7 hr windows. You may see oddball cars in there right now; it takes a moment for restrictions to kick in.

Which cars fit into that class?

#43 Posted : Friday, January 8, 2016 3:32:23 PM(UTC)
I can't see info on restrictions at the moment but I would assume these:

Can-Am

"With virtually no rules, these cars are dangerous and experimental. With incredibly powerful engines and unproven aerodynamics, these cars maximized risk for reward."

Eligible for Stories of Motorsport - Volume 5: Ultimate Motorsport (PI limit R855)

1966 Chaparral #66 Chaparral Cars 2E
1969 Lola #10 Simoniz Special T163
1969 McLaren #4 McLaren Cars M8B
1969 Nissan #21 Nissan Racing R382

#44 Posted : Friday, January 8, 2016 3:45:52 PM(UTC)
The car will be awarded in all divisions not just Pinnacle.
 5 users liked this post.
#45 Posted : Friday, January 8, 2016 3:52:24 PM(UTC)
I always said that if unicorns returned I would quit playing Forza. Looks like today's as good a time as any. It's a shame that my hard earned money isn't good enough to grant me access to all the cars. Oh well.
#46 Posted : Friday, January 8, 2016 4:10:22 PM(UTC)
[Mod Edit - thread merged - MM]
Hi! The Ferrari was given a greenlight as a reward car.

Edited by user Friday, January 8, 2016 4:15:02 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#47 Posted : Friday, January 8, 2016 4:18:51 PM(UTC)
I think adding unicorn cars are a great idea, as long as they're not uncontested leaderboard cars. I think leagues were a good idea and in pinnacle at least the racing is pretty competitive and doesn't suffer from as many wreckers as the regular multiplayer. The only thing I don't like about leagues is the scoring system, you can basically lose every race and still theoretically come in first just by sheer volume of races entered. They do kick the players that don't bother to race and just sit at the start line now so at least it's evolving in some way. But i would like to see a better system of how people are ranked, possibly ranking people by there average race score over X amount of races so no on can race one race and win and have some crazy score. I dont get to play as much as I used to, and to be honest I never cared about my rank I just wanted to race, but now to have to place in the top 50% I don't know if I'll even be able to get this car even if I won every race I was in. Only time will tell I guess, good luck everybody.
#48 Posted : Friday, January 8, 2016 4:26:37 PM(UTC)
Darn it! My gold membership just expired Monday! I love this car, but...it'll be real fun getting it
 1 user liked this post.
#49 Posted : Friday, January 8, 2016 4:40:05 PM(UTC)
Sounds great and I just love exclusive content. Working harder ( racing/ painting/ flashing ) gives something fresh and a new challenge. Will have to sent wife to Mauritius or some island holiday though

EDIT - Oh no, still can't get onto leagues with same old message for last 2 weeks - failed to find a game session. HELP !.

Edited by user Friday, January 8, 2016 4:52:18 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Better than always being right is knowing when to shut up
#50 Posted : Friday, January 8, 2016 5:04:28 PM(UTC)
Personally I'm against the idea of unicorns or cars that are completely exclusive to the elite. I'm not a fast racer, I don't win multiplayer races or get into the top 10% of rivals. I don't feel that my lack of pure skill should mean that I car and many others don't have a realistic chance to obtain that car or others. Hopefully after the contest expiration date this car will be available for all.
17 Pages1234>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error