9 Pages<<789Prev
#201 Posted : Friday, January 8, 2016 5:31:01 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FireBarracuda1 Go to Quoted Post
this was by far the worst car pack yet. generally we get 6 to 7 horrible cars but at least there is one good one. The polo red car pack had 8 horrible cars.

Then explain how I got 2 top 10 times in 2 different cars from this car pack.

A third can do top 50s from what I've seen online.

Therefore I can confirm 3 of these cars are very competitive.
#202 Posted : Friday, January 8, 2016 7:00:34 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: RPM Swerve Go to Quoted Post
this was by far the worst car pack yet. generally we get 6 to 7 horrible cars but at least there is one good one. The polo red car pack had 8 horrible cars.

Just because it can set a fast time does not mean its fun or desireable to drive to the 90% of players that have no interest in lapping for top 10 times. There are a lot of leaderboard cars that most people dont have any interest in driving.
 5 users liked this post.
#203 Posted : Friday, January 8, 2016 7:22:46 AM(UTC)

Personally, I don't think there is a such thing as a horrible car. I love cars; all cars (yes some more than others). I don't think there has ever been a car pack from Forza (any version) in which there wasn't at least 3 or 4 cars that I looked forward to trying out. I guess Fast and Furious may have been the closest for me, but even then there is much to try out.
#204 Posted : Friday, January 8, 2016 7:56:21 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: vwpilot70 Go to Quoted Post

Just because it can set a fast time does not mean its fun or desireable to drive to the 90% of players that have no interest in lapping for top 10 times. There are a lot of leaderboard cars that most people dont have any interest in driving.

That's the thing. They were fun to drive and you weren't rewarded with insane laps by barely trying. I wouldn't call them leaderboard cars because several cars can beat them a little easier and thus only a handful will grace the top 50 or so going forward.
#205 Posted : Friday, January 8, 2016 9:07:42 AM(UTC)

8? what were the other 2? Pretty sure we only got 6 cars.. o.O

Verrückter Schakal | ­ ­ The Höllenhund
 1 user liked this post.
#206 Posted : Friday, January 8, 2016 9:18:59 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: VerrucktSchakal Go to Quoted Post

8? what were the other 2? Pretty sure we only got 6 cars.. o.O

7. Don't forget the Kadett.

#207 Posted : Friday, January 8, 2016 9:21:28 AM(UTC)
Here's some info about the Toyota TS040:

The TS040 is an evolution of the TS030, with a larger V8 punched out from 3.4 to 3.7 liters and putting out 513 horsepower to the rear wheels. But the race won’t be won on power alone. Teams can chose two, four, six, or eight megajoules of energy per lap, and Toyota has gone with the 6 MJ configuration. That means it has 25 percent less fuel to work with and had to completely revamp its hybrid drivetrain for 2014.

Two new motor-generators are fitted to the TS040, with one in the rear and another mounted on the axle between the front wheels. When the driver mashes on the brake, the motor slows the racer down, along with the brakes, and gathers energy which is then stored in a super-capacitor. When the driver gets back on the gas, the motor works in reverse, delivering power to all four wheels. The electric motor is good for 473 horsepower. Combine that with the V8, and the TS040 puts out a tire-melting 986 hp.

Now i'm even more confused about the +-790hp in Forza?

Edit. I checked in Project cars. Without the hybrid kicking in you get about 500hp wich becomes anything between 700 and 1000 hp when it kicks in, depending on how much energy you have stored and also what gear you are in. Energy depleted? Back to +-500hp.

Edited by user Friday, January 8, 2016 9:25:19 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Veteran Forza player: FM1-FM6

Rig
#208 Posted : Friday, January 8, 2016 10:21:12 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Reinart86 Go to Quoted Post
Here's some info about the Toyota TS040:

The TS040 is an evolution of the TS030, with a larger V8 punched out from 3.4 to 3.7 liters and putting out 513 horsepower to the rear wheels. But the race won’t be won on power alone. Teams can chose two, four, six, or eight megajoules of energy per lap, and Toyota has gone with the 6 MJ configuration. That means it has 25 percent less fuel to work with and had to completely revamp its hybrid drivetrain for 2014.

Two new motor-generators are fitted to the TS040, with one in the rear and another mounted on the axle between the front wheels. When the driver mashes on the brake, the motor slows the racer down, along with the brakes, and gathers energy which is then stored in a super-capacitor. When the driver gets back on the gas, the motor works in reverse, delivering power to all four wheels. The electric motor is good for 473 horsepower. Combine that with the V8, and the TS040 puts out a tire-melting 986 hp.

Edit. I checked in Project cars. Without the hybrid kicking in you get about 500hp wich becomes anything between 700 and 1000 hp when it kicks in, depending on how much energy you have stored and also what gear you are in. Energy depleted? Back to +-500hp.

The same is true with the Nissan GTR LM - the electric motors kick in to make it AWD (of sorts) and a combined power output of around the same 1000HP the TS040 is meant to give, but doesn't.

Seems T10 just hasn't done the electric motor delivery system thingy at all...

Your local Classic Car, Ferrari, McLaren and Koenigsegg enthusiast :)
Played: FM > FM2 > FM3 > FM4 > FH > FM5 > FH2 > FM6 > FH3 > FM7
#209 Posted : Friday, January 8, 2016 10:35:47 AM(UTC)
What really annoys me about this, is that in forza, the combustion engines of these hybrids (like the audi etron, ts040, and the nissan gtr lm) have much more power then their real life counterparts. wich means you'll have to pit after 3-4 laps on lemans whereas they normally could do double those laps in real life.
Veteran Forza player: FM1-FM6

Rig
#210 Posted : Friday, January 8, 2016 11:51:15 AM(UTC)

I think that the car has 790 HP because in real life it has those 1000 HP not all the time so they decided to use an average of ~750 HP.

This seems reasonable to me now, but in the article those 1000 HP were mentioned and so I thought that the car would have this amount of power.
#211 Posted : Saturday, January 9, 2016 4:21:20 PM(UTC)
Hey Guys! I did some a Quick Review and a Hot Lap in some of my favorite cars from the Red Polo Car Pack, links are down below, check it out if you got a minute, and also let me know what your favorite cars from the pack are! Thanks Forza Fans!

2016 W Motors Lykan HyperSport:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moifRXTJr70

2015 Mazda Formula Mazda:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ekULVdBwuI

2015 Nissan #1 Motul Autech Nismo GT-R:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtkvkEZSkJs
#212 Posted : Saturday, January 9, 2016 9:15:53 PM(UTC)
There are some good cars - it can b fun to try to make a slow car turn fast lap - but my disappointment is tagging it as Ralph Lauren. Although some of the car in hi colletion are in the game, there are a lot of neat ones that are not.

And if T10 is going to team up with collectors, how about one for the Collier brothers' collection - an Elva Porsche, a bunch of Cunninghams, Le Monstre, etc.
#213 Posted : Saturday, January 9, 2016 9:26:41 PM(UTC)
What really annoys me about this, is that in forza, the combustion engines of these hybrids (like the audi etron, ts040, and the nissan gtr lm) have much more power then their real life counterparts. wich means you'll have to pit after 3-4 laps on lemans whereas they normally could do double those laps in real life.

Fuel on the game is short for everything. For example, you can do 9 laps of Daytona in a Rebellion, last night I just about squeezed 10 laps of Sebring in an IndyCar, with a bit of fuel saving. Hence, racing leagues are having to balance cars on race pace rather than lap times. 1-2 tenths don't matter if you save 1-2 pit stops!

Weirdly, the Toyota burns up more fuel than every Prototype apart from the Nissan, which is a waste of time anyway.
#214 Posted : Wednesday, January 27, 2016 7:48:36 PM(UTC)
I just noticed that I did not have this car pack's cars available to purchase. I then went to the Marketplace and the game said I could purchase it. Was this Pack not part of the Season Pass??
#215 Posted : Wednesday, January 27, 2016 7:52:50 PM(UTC)
It was, don't know how it didn't pop up for you. It should be available immediately, and all you have to do is go into find cars and under the tab free cars should be the cars.

Edited by user Wednesday, January 27, 2016 7:53:28 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#216 Posted : Wednesday, January 27, 2016 8:43:58 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Bazt3rd Go to Quoted Post
It was, don't know how it didn't pop up for you. It should be available immediately, and all you have to do is go into find cars and under the tab free cars should be the cars.

It doesn't but that could be due to all the Server weirdness tonight. I will see what comes up when they straighten out. Thanks to whomever moved my post to this thread. I had run a search on "Ralph Lauren Polo Red Car Pack and Season Pass" and got 0 results. More server weirdness tonight, I guess.
#217 Posted : Thursday, January 28, 2016 1:47:44 AM(UTC)
Some thoughts on these cars now that the new pack's on the way:

Quote:
2016 W Motors Lykan HyperSport

I've got one of these set up for speed tracks at R/900. I use the Ferrari 312 P most of the time but if I ever need to get over 200mph this thing comes in handy and is competitive.

Quote:
2015 Nissan #1 NISMO MOTUL AUTECH GT-R

It's not a bad car and there have been some good liveries posted for it already, but it's outclassed in almost every way by the 312 P. I've got one ready for the Hoppers but it's something I only really use when I'm tired of the Ferrari.

Quote:
1973 Holden HQ Monaro GTS 350

Good car at D/400, it's my go-to on speed tracks.

Quote:
1973 Nissan Skyline H/T 2000GT-R

Haven't touched it.

Quote:
2014 Toyota #8 Toyota Racing TS040 HYBRID

Tried it out briefly but once I realised it couldn't keep up with the Mazda 787B I ditched it.

Quote:
2015 Mazda Formula Mazda

Good car for short tracks at S/800, I've seen it set some solid times at Lime Rock already. Haven't found a tune I'm happy with yet however but I'll come back to this car at some point.

Quote:
1979 Opel Kadett C GT/E

Drove it briefly at E/300 but haven't found a good tune for it. In that class I prefer the Lotus Elan although I rarely race below B/600 anyway.

Overall it wasn't a bad pack. Not as strong as the eBay Motors Car Pack but not terrible either.
#218 Posted : Thursday, January 28, 2016 7:39:20 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: PJTierney Go to Quoted Post
Some thoughts on these cars now that the new pack's on the way:

Quote:
1973 Holden HQ Monaro GTS 350

Good car at D/400, it's my go-to on speed tracks.

Quote:
1973 Nissan Skyline H/T 2000GT-R

Haven't touched

Monaro is my go to car as well. It's very versatile and fun to drive.

Monaro is the best of the bunch. It runs top 10's in D and C class and when built for lobby racing it dominates. Easily runs top 50s in lobby with decent laps

Skyline is on par with Monaro but takes longer to tune. Stock motor is very good.

#219 Posted : Thursday, January 28, 2016 8:05:20 AM(UTC)
Your tune for the Monaro was rather good, it's what I've been using. Only issue I had with it were the brakes which felt a little weak.
#220 Posted : Thursday, January 28, 2016 11:25:34 AM(UTC)
Your tune for the Monaro was rather good, it's what I've been using. Only issue I had with it were the brakes which felt a little weak.

Which one? I posted my lobby version yesterday after someone politely asked. I'm pretty sure that one has race brakes.
#221 Posted : Thursday, January 28, 2016 11:40:21 AM(UTC)

Which one? I posted my lobby version yesterday after someone politely asked. I'm pretty sure that one has race brakes.

I was using your original, the one you set Top 10s with.
#222 Posted : Thursday, January 28, 2016 12:13:59 PM(UTC)

I was using your original, the one you set Top 10s with.

Ahh ok. That one is a bit limited in use I find. It would need race brakes for other tracks. Thats why I did a tame version so I wouldn't have to wait long to use the car. Lol.
9 Pages<<789Prev

Notification

Icon
Error