9 Pages12345>>PrevNext
Rank: A-Class Racing License
User is suspended until 4/12/2045 3:18:22 AM(UTC)
#51 Posted : Tuesday, January 5, 2016 7:41:54 AM(UTC)
Tbh not that impressed myself. I would have liked to see something cool and old like for example a Detomasso Pantera or even the DeLorean. Ooh well, waiting for februari I guess.
@sofa: XBO 1TB + Elite Controller ~ Samsung 65" SUHD curved 3D LED TV ~ 5.1 surround home theatre
@rig: XBO 1TB ~ obutto r3volution ~ Thrustmaster TX + T3PA + TH8A + Leather 28 GT ~ Samsung 50" 3D Plasma TV ~ H&K Soundsticks III
Rank: Moderator
#52 Posted : Tuesday, January 5, 2016 7:43:28 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: snowlizerd Go to Quoted Post
is jan dlc out i see people posting about it but it dont come up on anything i have


The news article linked in the first post seems to have been removed temporarily and I don't find a link in the Xbox Store yet, but in any case the cars won't be usable until the game receives a content update. That typically shows up around 10am Pacific, but the time may vary.
Rank: B-Class Racing License
#53 Posted : Tuesday, January 5, 2016 7:43:48 AM(UTC)
More Super GT cars pls
Rank: C-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#54 Posted : Tuesday, January 5, 2016 7:46:15 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: HCR Motorhead Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Vulcan Project Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: HCR Motorhead Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Vulcan Project Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: CarlsonsRaiders Go to Quoted Post
Comparing the TS040 to the Rebellion is ridiculous, considering it has nearly twice the horsepower and AWD thanks to its hybrid system. This thing will make the R-One look like a Prius in comparison.


This might be true if you couldn't derestrict the Rebellion and add wider tyres so it is competitive up to what, P996?. Oh but wait. You can. Next!


Dude I really don't know what you're going on about. The differences that Carlson mentioned make them night and day apart. They make them Milky Way and Andromeda apart. If you're going to compare the Toyota to anything, it'll be a lot closer to the Audi than anything else. Those two cars were direct competitors. So your remarks about recycled content in this case are grossly inaccurate.


My remarks weren't about recycled content, they were about the absence of notability for the latest Toyota, and the lack of variety. I made that pretty clear in that post. They are two LMP cars only a year apart that in the game at least, will almost certainly offer very little different and they both came in DLC packs. I am well aware of the technical differences in the cars, but if you think that means the Toyota is a great choice for another DLC pack after the Rebellion has already been added you sorely missing the point......


Two of the biggest community organised racing sites out there are welcoming it as they plan their Endurance series.

You clearly don't drive Prototypes very often if you make outright stupid comments that they're all generically similar. I don't see you moaning at Hunt and Lauda's F1 cars.


Well good for them, but another mediocre prototype of little note hardly floats my boat while true endurance legends like notable Group C cars remain ignored. You tell me, this Toyota which is famous for coming errr 3rd in two races last season, or a Jaguar XJR 9 or 12? One of the Sauber Mercedes cars, the C9 perhaps?

It's not outright stupid calling them generically similar, because THEY ARE. As for even mentioning those two F1 cars in the same breath, now that is stupidity. Two legendary driver's cars, engaged in a renowned battle from an all time classic year of Formula one?

Yes, because the Rebellion and this Toyota are remotely matched for fame and notability with those.......sigh!
Rank: Moderator
 3 users liked this post.
#55 Posted : Tuesday, January 5, 2016 7:50:56 AM(UTC)
This thread will not be locked but it will be trimmed if necessary, so cease with the personal critiques.
Rank: Racing Permit
#56 Posted : Tuesday, January 5, 2016 7:54:36 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ManteoMax Go to Quoted Post
This thread will not be locked but it will be trimmed if necessary, so cease with the personal critiques.


when can we see the news article about the dlc pack? and is there also a patch coming?
Rank: R-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#57 Posted : Tuesday, January 5, 2016 7:55:26 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Vulcan Project Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: HCR Motorhead Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Vulcan Project Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: HCR Motorhead Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Vulcan Project Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: CarlsonsRaiders Go to Quoted Post
Comparing the TS040 to the Rebellion is ridiculous, considering it has nearly twice the horsepower and AWD thanks to its hybrid system. This thing will make the R-One look like a Prius in comparison.


This might be true if you couldn't derestrict the Rebellion and add wider tyres so it is competitive up to what, P996?. Oh but wait. You can. Next!


Dude I really don't know what you're going on about. The differences that Carlson mentioned make them night and day apart. They make them Milky Way and Andromeda apart. If you're going to compare the Toyota to anything, it'll be a lot closer to the Audi than anything else. Those two cars were direct competitors. So your remarks about recycled content in this case are grossly inaccurate.


My remarks weren't about recycled content, they were about the absence of notability for the latest Toyota, and the lack of variety. I made that pretty clear in that post. They are two LMP cars only a year apart that in the game at least, will almost certainly offer very little different and they both came in DLC packs. I am well aware of the technical differences in the cars, but if you think that means the Toyota is a great choice for another DLC pack after the Rebellion has already been added you sorely missing the point......


Two of the biggest community organised racing sites out there are welcoming it as they plan their Endurance series.

You clearly don't drive Prototypes very often if you make outright stupid comments that they're all generically similar. I don't see you moaning at Hunt and Lauda's F1 cars.


Well good for them, but another mediocre prototype of little note hardly floats my boat while true endurance legends like notable Group C cars remain ignored. You tell me, this Toyota which is famous for coming errr 3rd in two races last season, or a Jaguar XJR 9 or 12? One of the Sauber Mercedes cars, the C9 perhaps?

It's not outright stupid calling them generically similar, because THEY ARE. As for even mentioning those two F1 cars in the same breath, now that is stupidity. Two legendary driver's cars, engaged in a renowned battle from an all time classic year of Formula one?

Yes, because the Rebellion and this Toyota are remotely matched for fame and notability with those.......sigh!


Okay then, God's gift to everything, I must apologise that similar cars/rival cars only mean something to you when it's strictly your own terms. And that everyone else's opinion is of less relevance because you're God's gift to everything and your word takes precedence.

I'm not even talking about the Rebellion and Toyota in that post so don't try that one on me. Everyone bar you knows they're different, but in the same family. That's evolution of the rules and innovation for you.

Anyway, I'll probably get banned now for standing up to trolls but I'm really looking forward to this pack, and driving the hell out of these new cars. If you don't like the new Toyota, don't drive it, it's your loss ;)
Rank: X-Class Racing License
 3 users liked this post.
#58 Posted : Tuesday, January 5, 2016 7:55:59 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Vulcan Project Go to Quoted Post


Well good for them, but another mediocre prototype of little note hardly floats my boat while true endurance legends like notable Group C cars remain ignored. You tell me, this Toyota which is famous for coming errr 3rd in two races last season, or a Jaguar XJR 9 or 12? One of the Sauber Mercedes cars, the C9 perhaps?


That would be true, except the car we're getting is the 2014 #8 car, which won four races and the FIA WEC championship, not the 2015 car you're thinking of.
Rank: D-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#59 Posted : Tuesday, January 5, 2016 7:57:01 AM(UTC)
ok so again some pretty decent cars in this pack, that's great. But i'm holding my breath too see if we're getting an update in the ffb-section so we can actually enjoy driving these beautys with a wheel! No point in having all these great cars when the actual thing that matters (wheel/ffb) is utter garbage.
Veteran Forza player: FM1-FM6

Rig
Rank: C-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#60 Posted : Tuesday, January 5, 2016 8:00:42 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Vulcan Project Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: HCR Motorhead Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Vulcan Project Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: CarlsonsRaiders Go to Quoted Post
Comparing the TS040 to the Rebellion is ridiculous, considering it has nearly twice the horsepower and AWD thanks to its hybrid system. This thing will make the R-One look like a Prius in comparison.


This might be true if you couldn't derestrict the Rebellion and add wider tyres so it is competitive up to what, P996?. Oh but wait. You can. Next!


Dude I really don't know what you're going on about. The differences that Carlson mentioned make them night and day apart. They make them Milky Way and Andromeda apart. If you're going to compare the Toyota to anything, it'll be a lot closer to the Audi than anything else. Those two cars were direct competitors. So your remarks about recycled content in this case are grossly inaccurate.


My remarks weren't about recycled content, they were about the absence of notability for the latest Toyota, and the lack of variety. I made that pretty clear in that post. They are two LMP cars only a year apart that in the game at least, will almost certainly offer very little different and they both came in DLC packs. I am well aware of the technical differences in the cars, but if you think that means the Toyota is a great choice for another DLC pack after the Rebellion has already been added you sorely missing the point......


The Rebellion has nothing to do with Toyota, I'm not sure why T10 have it so. The Toyota is a factory programme and built in Germany, the race team is run by Oreca. The Rebellion is a British race team using a Swiss racing licence (Ironic isn't it?), the Rebellion R-one is built by Oreca and share no components with the TS040 and is a shared design with the Oreca 05 LMP2 car. This year Rebellion are using the AER (Probably the best engine guys) twin turbo V6 replacing the 3.4 V8 Toyota (used in the Prius GT300), which has nothing to do with the 3.4 V8 in the TS040.
Rank: S-Class Racing License
#61 Posted : Tuesday, January 5, 2016 8:03:08 AM(UTC)
Rank: B-Class Racing License
 3 users liked this post.
#62 Posted : Tuesday, January 5, 2016 8:03:47 AM(UTC)
That "mediocre prototype" took the manufacturers and drivers championship in the 14' WEC season, with nearly 1000hp on tap.
Rank: D-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#63 Posted : Tuesday, January 5, 2016 8:05:48 AM(UTC)
Pretty disappointed with this, tbh. The clues really suggested (to me) that there was going to be some odd ball / left field cars in this pack, but nurrr, just a load of super fast racing cars that I have no interest in driving.

Also, another Holden? It's like in Horizon 2, where nearly every pack had a n Audi in it.

Just to clear this up, I'm not moaning about this, just stating my opinion. Still glad we get some new cars to drive.
Rank: Moderator
#64 Posted : Tuesday, January 5, 2016 8:06:58 AM(UTC)
The video doesn't show the Opel Kadett, maybe that's why the article was removed?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3Fn8wAz8t8
Rank: B-Class Racing License
#65 Posted : Tuesday, January 5, 2016 8:08:58 AM(UTC)
the opel kadett isnt in the video... so.. just 6 cars in the pack and the kadett will be the " free " for content update.... but wasnt 7 cars per pack + eventually a free car for content update?? meh..
Rank: X-Class Racing License
#66 Posted : Tuesday, January 5, 2016 8:09:12 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ManteoMax Go to Quoted Post
The video doesn't show the Opel Kadett, maybe that's why the article was removed?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3Fn8wAz8t8


The Kadett is still mentioned in the article, which just got put up again, but no photo of it in there and no showing by it in the trailer is rather peculiar.
Rank: C-Class Racing License
#67 Posted : Tuesday, January 5, 2016 8:12:51 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ManteoMax Go to Quoted Post
The video doesn't show the Opel Kadett, maybe that's why the article was removed?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3Fn8wAz8t8


The video description does list the Opel though, bet specifies that it "isn't featured in the trailer".
Mod Edit - Profanity removed
Rank: Racing Permit
#68 Posted : Tuesday, January 5, 2016 8:13:27 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: CarlsonsRaiders Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: ManteoMax Go to Quoted Post
The video doesn't show the Opel Kadett, maybe that's why the article was removed?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3Fn8wAz8t8


The Kadett is still mentioned in the article, which just got put up again, but no photo of it in there and no showing by it in the trailer is rather peculiar.


i couldnt read it, but is fixed now, does someone know if there will be an content update? and also there would be 7 cars per pack, while it is clearly stated this pack will have 6 cars. why???

Edited by user Tuesday, January 5, 2016 8:16:07 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: Racing Legend
 1 user liked this post.
#69 Posted : Tuesday, January 5, 2016 8:13:48 AM(UTC)
You seem to have missed all the announcements and discussions regarding Porsche. Or perhaps you've just ignored them?

Porsche will be released to FM6 this year. Turn 10 has said so, many months ago. RUF is a secondary manufacturer, not covered by Porsche itself.

Originally Posted by: Horns Up Baby Go to Quoted Post
Another Porsche pack would be good, but obviously Porsche don't seem to be interested. They haven't even licenced RUF to be used in this game. Or Turn 10 have ignored them, figuring it's the real deal or nothing.
Interesting they put the Opel in the pack. It actually means in a way 2 Holden's in the pack, as the Isuzu version of this car was sold in Australia in the late 70's as the Holden Gemini. The Monaro was an interesting choice, even from an Aussie point of view. It was more of a street car than a racer, as Holden had the smaller, more nimble, and less thirsty Torana XU-1 3.3 litre 6 cyl 202 as it's race flagship, running rings around the big, bulky, 5.8 litre V8 351 Falcon Hardtops of the day. Particularly at Bathurst. Still, not a bad pack, I'll probably grab my Monaro, and my 'Gemini', and maybe the Mazda.

Edited by user Tuesday, January 5, 2016 8:17:45 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Pay It Forward
This posting is provided as is; with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Rank: C-Class Racing License
#70 Posted : Tuesday, January 5, 2016 8:16:42 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: HCR Motorhead Go to Quoted Post


Okay then, God's gift to everything, I must apologise that similar cars/rival cars only mean something to you when it's strictly your own terms. And that everyone else's opinion is of less relevance because you're God's gift to everything and your word takes precedence.

I'm not even talking about the Rebellion and Toyota in that post so don't try that one on me. Everyone bar you knows they're different, but in the same family. That's evolution of the rules and innovation for you.

Anyway, I'll probably get banned now for standing up to trolls but I'm really looking forward to this pack, and driving the hell out of these new cars. If you don't like the new Toyota, don't drive it, it's your loss ;)



Yes, we were talking about the Rebellion and the Toyota. Unfortunately mistook the year, but there are still better variants of endurance cars out there that would add a great deal more variety in that class and have been overlooked for so long it is frustrating!

I am not a troll and I don't think I am god's gift to anything, but you attacked me because I criticised the choice of car in a DLC pack, becoming abusive unnecessarily. I am aware of the differences in the cars, but they are still so aesthetically similar, the game will barely make a distinction between them and it is already so saturated with similar prototypes I am just irritated that another one closely in the same vein as one already in paid DLC is being added. One or the other is surely sufficient, to make way for more classic endurance racers this series really could do with!

I know I am not the only person that feels this way. It seems however I am the one who you chose to attack.

I'll put it more succinctly for you: we are drowning in modern prototypes already but positively parched of cars such as the group Group C variants or anything else you care to name that has been asked for a million times before.....

Edited by user Tuesday, January 5, 2016 9:05:16 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: R-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#71 Posted : Tuesday, January 5, 2016 8:16:56 AM(UTC)
Ralph Lauren car pack. What a bizarre sponsor. Anyway, TS040, sweet. Another old Holden though, ugh.

My Channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/tehbonce Twitter: @ThrillingTweets
Rank: S-Class Racing License
#72 Posted : Tuesday, January 5, 2016 8:18:51 AM(UTC)
Well, this pack seems t be my favorite so far.

Opel Kadett C coupe, a car my dad had, althuogh not the GT/E version, and the car I learned to drive. and one of the cars I have really wanted to get in real life. Defenitely will be one of my favorites of this pack assuming I can get decent tune on it.

Holden... Holden flood in here, but this is my favorite model of any holden, so it will definitely see some use.

-73 skyline. Will buy it, and will use it, even though it's by far not my favorite Japanese car.

Hypercar's and racecar's.... nah, don't think I ever even try them, but hopefully someone else finds some use to them.
Proud member of Hard Luck Racing.

If your time isn't on HC board, it means nothing.

Mr. Oddball
Beat me with lotus, No big deal. Beat me with SUV, you have earned my respect
Rank: B-Class Racing License
#73 Posted : Tuesday, January 5, 2016 8:19:53 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Rudolph523 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: CarlsonsRaiders Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: ManteoMax Go to Quoted Post
The video doesn't show the Opel Kadett, maybe that's why the article was removed?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3Fn8wAz8t8


The Kadett is still mentioned in the article, which just got put up again, but no photo of it in there and no showing by it in the trailer is rather peculiar.


i couldnt read it, but is fixed now, does someone know if there will be an content update? and also there would be 7 cars per pack, while it is clearly stated this pack will have 6 cars. why???


they are 7 .. but int the first on the video they didnt wrote the opel in the description ( and is strange that isnt in the video.. )...

Rank: Moderator
 3 users liked this post.
#74 Posted : Tuesday, January 5, 2016 8:20:01 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: the sVig Go to Quoted Post
Ralph Lauren car pack. What a bizarre sponsor.


Maybe we'll get Forza perfume and cologne fragrances just in time for Valentine's Day!

http://www.ralphlauren.c...en/magazine/time-machine
Rank: Racing Permit
#75 Posted : Tuesday, January 5, 2016 8:21:03 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: NitroDrift DK Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Rudolph523 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: CarlsonsRaiders Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: ManteoMax Go to Quoted Post
The video doesn't show the Opel Kadett, maybe that's why the article was removed?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3Fn8wAz8t8


The Kadett is still mentioned in the article, which just got put up again, but no photo of it in there and no showing by it in the trailer is rather peculiar.


i couldnt read it, but is fixed now, does someone know if there will be an content update? and also there would be 7 cars per pack, while it is clearly stated this pack will have 6 cars. why???


they are 7 .. but int the first on the video they didnt wrote the opel in the description ( and is strange that isnt in the video.. )...



i did read wrong it seems.

Edited by user Tuesday, January 5, 2016 8:22:43 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

9 Pages12345>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error