7 Pages<<23456>>PrevNext
#76 Posted : Tuesday, January 19, 2016 3:10:02 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: HLR Toffo Go to Quoted Post

Not sure about this. I was put in pinnacle after around 5 races. From a grassroots league. I had to finish that league the ghost league still on grassroots for the entire week but was placed in pinnacle on the collisions league after 5 races only based only on my grassroots performance. Granted I won them but it seemed quick.

I have never heard anyone personally mention to me that they have or had been relegated to a lower division ever. Obviously moved up but never relegated.

If any one can confirm on here that they have been relagated. I'll skulk off with my tail between my legs.

I was in pinnacle after the first week, got relegated to elite after about three weeks and spent about 6 weeks there before getting back to pinnacle. Sorry to hear about your thumb Mexico, I loved that 360CS paint and tune combo you have in your SIG. Is that available in FM6?

Edited by user Tuesday, January 19, 2016 3:10:49 PM(UTC)  | Reason: I not quote good

#77 Posted : Tuesday, January 19, 2016 3:16:53 PM(UTC)
Cheers mate, the paint is available not sure about the tune.
#78 Posted : Tuesday, January 19, 2016 3:45:17 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: LevelWarrior576 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: HLR Toffo Go to Quoted Post

Not sure about this. I was put in pinnacle after around 5 races. From a grassroots league. I had to finish that league the ghost league still on grassroots for the entire week but was placed in pinnacle on the collisions league after 5 races only based only on my grassroots performance. Granted I won them but it seemed quick.

I have never heard anyone personally mention to me that they have or had been relegated to a lower division ever. Obviously moved up but never relegated.

If any one can confirm on here that they have been relagated. I'll skulk off with my tail between my legs.

I was in pinnacle after the first week, got relegated to elite after about three weeks and spent about 6 weeks there before getting back to pinnacle. Sorry to hear about your thumb Mexico, I loved that 360CS paint and tune combo you have in your SIG. Is that available in FM6?

Now skulking. Guess I'm too suspicious of everything these days. Thanks for the info btw

#79 Posted : Friday, January 22, 2016 4:06:16 AM(UTC)
Question:

In leagues when it states from Sunday till Sunday. What will be the starting time and what the end time of the competition? Also in what timeline?

Cheers!
#80 Posted : Friday, January 22, 2016 2:54:20 PM(UTC)
Been moved up to professional this week based on, I can only assume, my performance in the s class ghost league. Is this the case? I've gone back to ghost because I'm just sick of getting smashed off at the first corner and finishing badly most races. I podium regularly in ghost but being fast doesn't mean clean. Can people rank up leagues in ghost and have that affect the contact league too? Seems like an easy way for dirty racers to get up to elite/pinnacle and continue being clowns in the contact league.
#81 Posted : Sunday, January 24, 2016 10:05:58 AM(UTC)
Leagues seem a great way to make more use of the available cars in FM. I'm definitly going to give it a try.
Not sure about the leagues score- or leaderboard though. It appears that amount hours spent racing as opposed to race skill determines ones ranking. A bit weird if you ask me.
#82 Posted : Tuesday, January 26, 2016 3:45:06 PM(UTC)
Cannell and I were discussing the subject of divisions and were wondering if anyone can tell us how one's skill level is assessed - just wondering as can't go up anymore. Cheers peeps
#83 Posted : Tuesday, January 26, 2016 4:17:00 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: EMW SMILER Go to Quoted Post
Cannell and I were discussing the subject of divisions and were wondering if anyone can tell us how one's skill level is assessed - just wondering as can't go up anymore. Cheers peeps

It seems like if you have not raced in any league and have a decent amount of rivals times up it will place you off of those times. The amount is unknown as there are a few guys I know who have some top 25-50 times that are in grassroots. Pretty much all of my friends started in Pinnacle when the game came out so I know it must play a part at least.

Otherwise if you have none it starts you in grassroots.

#84 Posted : Tuesday, January 26, 2016 10:32:58 PM(UTC)
Thanks, I had a feeling that was how it worked.
#85 Posted : Wednesday, January 27, 2016 1:48:34 AM(UTC)
Hey Smiler, I remember reading on here somewhere that TruSkill is still used to help determine who goes where.

Everyone started at Grassroots (I think) and then put to whatever league division they had earned, I went straight into pinnacle and have been here ever since.
#86 Posted : Wednesday, January 27, 2016 1:59:57 AM(UTC)
Short answer: Consistently do well in races to get promoted.

Long answer: http://forums.forzamotor...res-FAQ.aspx#post_342513
#87 Posted : Thursday, January 28, 2016 8:21:34 AM(UTC)
Unrelated but didn't want to start a new thread. How can you tell what division you are in? I didn't see it listed anywhere. Thanks.
#88 Posted : Thursday, January 28, 2016 8:29:49 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: notnilc20 Go to Quoted Post
Unrelated but didn't want to start a new thread. How can you tell what division you are in? I didn't see it listed anywhere. Thanks.

It only apply in Leagues and shows on the first lobby screen where you choose which league to run and the time schedules. It shows your division and position on the league leaderboards.

Edited by user Thursday, January 28, 2016 8:32:01 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Better than always being right is knowing when to shut up
#89 Posted : Thursday, January 28, 2016 7:16:46 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FA RACING 01 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: notnilc20 Go to Quoted Post

It only apply in Leagues and shows on the first lobby screen where you choose which league to run and the time schedules. It shows your division and position on the league leaderboards.

Ok i found it. Thanks.
#90 Posted : Friday, January 29, 2016 3:14:17 AM(UTC)
Hello,

A little question about TruSkill. Is it solely based on end position on the game. What about DNF's. Are they included in the score or just the persons who are racing at the end. I see a lot of people who are starting and then at last get out of the league. So they doesn't count for the Leaderboard. But are they included in the TruSkill. It's logical that this is the case.

Also an observation last week : when not finishing within 45 seconds. Then the result list of the unfinished persons are more or less random (seems to me).
#91 Posted : Friday, January 29, 2016 3:43:59 AM(UTC)

ORIGINALLY POSTED BY RBW TRITON on page 2 of this thread.

Divisions - You are placed/moved into a division based on the TruSkill you've developed for Leagues. The more you win, the more your TruSkill increases, the more you are at the back of the pack the more it decreases. Leagues has a separate TruSkill rating than Hoppers as we figured some may race differently between the two. Some have noted that they were pre-placed into a Division the first time they played Leagues. If you had never played Leagues before, we use your Hopper TruSkill to make sure you started approximately where you should. Once your TruSkill in Leagues is verifed, it switches to using the TruSkill for Leagues exclusively from there on out.

Leaderboards - Points are awarded as your finish position inverted + bonus points for any players you finish in front of that have a higher skill rating for you. Your Leaderboard finish position has no impact to the Division you are assigned. It is there to capture your progress, payout for your effort and track competing against other players.

Hope this helps clear it up.
#92 Posted : Monday, February 1, 2016 12:03:56 PM(UTC)
Trying to level up to get access to the simulations leagues. Currently in Pro so only need to advance to elite.

I'm going to just hammer ghost leagues as its the only way I can get clean laps without interference from crashers pulling me down.

My question is will my clean lap give me a better rank than a faster player that cuts corners?

For example if I come 4th or 5th each race with consistent lap times but 1st 2nd and 3rd all have faster but dirty laps who will benefit, from a rank perspective?

I guess my real question is what's more important, speed or cleanliness?
 1 user liked this post.
#93 Posted : Monday, February 1, 2016 6:28:15 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Benkid 08 Go to Quoted Post
Trying to level up to get access to the simulations leagues. Currently in Pro so only need to advance to elite.

I'm going to just hammer ghost leagues as its the only way I can get clean laps without interference from crashers pulling me down.

My question is will my clean lap give me a better rank than a faster player that cuts corners?

For example if I come 4th or 5th each race with consistent lap times but 1st 2nd and 3rd all have faster but dirty laps who will benefit, from a rank perspective?

I guess my real question is what's more important, speed or cleanliness?

No, the winner will receive more points and will be promoted faster. The fastest clean lap will give you the pole unless a new player to the lobby gets put up front. If you are losing to corner cutters I would just deal with the fact that it took cheating for those clowns to beat you or you will have to cut corners as well to win the race.
#94 Posted : Friday, February 5, 2016 12:43:05 AM(UTC)
Hello,

The question I still have is the following : will players who abandon the game in the first round or later have a minus record for the Trueskill ? Or will the race be neutral for them (so losing no points for the rating).

The leaderboard score is not interesting for that.

I know the winner get the most points. But it's only about the DNF players.
#95 Posted : Friday, February 5, 2016 1:33:57 AM(UTC)
I think I understand the TruSkill system in leagues, but does the number of races impact on this? ie if I only race twice in one week, and come first each time, does that rank my TruSkill higher than racing 100 times and coming in as a tail ender? (Asking for a friend on the last bit, obv.)

As I understand it, the more you race unspectacularly - but accumulate points - the less likely you are to be dropped down a league, which can't be right, can it?
#96 Posted : Friday, February 5, 2016 10:13:38 AM(UTC)
[quote=SqlServerFan;454672]Hello,

The question I still have is the following : will players who abandon the game in the first round or later have a minus record for the Trueskill ? Or will the race be neutral for them (so losing no points for the rating).

I believe they will have a minus but so will you since they quit, your finishing position will not be as good. I got demoted out of Elite because of the quitting and my mid pack position becoming last over and over

#97 Posted : Saturday, February 6, 2016 7:29:47 PM(UTC)
I am currently in the Professional division, and want to get better and get to pinnacle. I have just turned off TCS, and started using the manual. I have been getting much faster lap times, but am not sure if the divisions are separated by laptimes, points, or whatever. Anyone got any insight?
#98 Posted : Sunday, February 7, 2016 5:18:40 AM(UTC)
I got promoted to pinnacle 1 day after the last league began, and had only started the sim league in elite. Once I was promoted, it made the other 2 leagues pinnacle and the leagues coming up as such, obviously. As of the entirety of the league week, I found 6 games in the pinnacle races. Most people In the lobbies was 3. There was only 140 and 243 people by the end of them. Hence why it was almost impossible to find a game and when I did, it was beyond dull. I was told that if you start a race and quit as soon as it starts, that it will demote you. My question is, does this actually work, and if so, how many times must I do this? I've quit about 30-40 races over last few hours, still not demoted. I just want to be able to find races and have fun in leagues, not have my fun taken away simply cause the truskill system seems to only let in a handful into the highest division. Also, I win about 90-95% of my races in the leagues, if that makes a difference to anyone's answer. Please help. New fun Sim league is upon us!
#99 Posted : Sunday, February 7, 2016 6:45:24 AM(UTC)
You might manage to get yourself demoted, but if you're as fast as you say you'll just get promoted back to Pinnacle straight away anyway.

Regarding the 3-car Pinnacle lobbies: My experience is that the less popular leagues can indeed be ghost towns, but more often what's happening is that there's one-and-bit lobbies (say 30 people) playing and rather than two lobbies of 15 they get split into 1 full one and 1 overspill one. If I get put in a small one I might back out and try to get into the other (there's enough churn that slots open up regularly), and failing that I'll run a couple of races in the hope that the one I'm in fills up. Often what starts out as a 3-car lobby can be a 10-car one by the time you've finished one race.

It would be massively useful if the League UI indicated the total number of current players (and yes, I have asked for this in the Feature Wish List thread).
 1 user liked this post.
#100 Posted : Sunday, February 7, 2016 6:55:29 AM(UTC)
Promotion is based on your TruSkill rating. For more info, see this forum post.
7 Pages<<23456>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error