7 Pages12345>>PrevNext
Rank: Driver's License
#51 Posted : Friday, January 8, 2016 7:33:16 AM(UTC)
Ahhhhhh, I had figured the 100 pts a race and 100 you beat, but not the higher rank aspect.. Thanks PJT
Rank: Driver's License
#52 Posted : Friday, January 8, 2016 8:04:00 AM(UTC)
Is there a way to see if a person is ranked higher than you? Because from what I'm gathering I would be ranked pretty hi then and only getting the points for the race and the number of people in the league lobby. Is this correct?
Rank: On the Podium
#53 Posted : Friday, January 8, 2016 8:06:15 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ElderadoLXXXII Go to Quoted Post
Is there a way to see if a person is ranked higher than you? Because from what I'm gathering I would be ranked pretty hi then and only getting the points for the race and the number of people in the league lobby. Is this correct?


I suspect it's based on the League Leaderboard.

If it's based on TrueSkill ranks, those are hidden.
Rank: Racing Permit
#54 Posted : Sunday, January 10, 2016 3:25:47 PM(UTC)
Hey guys,i was wondering if there is a way to downgrade oneself from the league system.I am on pinncle and i can't for the life of me at least get in the top 10,people are very much better than me and i can't compete.Professional was too easy and pinnacle is too hard.Can i at least go to elite?Thanks!
Rank: On the Podium
#55 Posted : Monday, January 11, 2016 12:34:50 AM(UTC)
Keep racing and finishing near the back and your ranking will decrease.
Rank: C-Class Racing License
#56 Posted : Monday, January 11, 2016 7:01:45 AM(UTC)
Started racing in the Can-Am league on Friday. It started me out in the Grassroots division. Not sure why, I can post pretty good lap times on most tracks...was #96 on one of the alps tracks... but whatever... I figured because I hadn't raced yet that it would automatically put me in the lowest division. I raced a lot on Friday. When the window closed at 1:00 am I was #1 on the leaderboard. Through countless races I consistently posted the fastest lap times and won most races I was in except when I was punted from the track repeatedly and had no chance of winning. So, over the next couple days I only raced a few times. This morning I was #6. But I'm still in the Grassroots division. What confuses me is two things.... One, if I was usually fastest in each race, why wasn't I moved up in Division? Second, in the other Leagues, Ultimate Spocom and Ghost League, which before this morning I hadn't raced in, I was in the Elite Division. Why? Again, in Can-Am it started me in Grassroots. But in these others, Elite.
Anyone have an idea about these two questions?
(As an aside, I did do one race this morning in Ultimate Spocom with a car that was far from a "leaderboard" car and not tuned well and I posted the second fastest lap time in a race of 8 others. Notably it was much cleaner racing. I got hit twice, once by a legit guy who apologized (altho he didn't yield position after the wreck) and another by a guy which did seem intentional. Placed 4th in the end)
TIA!

Edited by user Monday, January 11, 2016 7:02:51 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: On the Podium
#57 Posted : Monday, January 11, 2016 7:32:45 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: SuperYendor Go to Quoted Post
Started racing in the Can-Am league on Friday. It started me out in the Grassroots division. Not sure why, I can post pretty good lap times on most tracks...was #96 on one of the alps tracks... but whatever... I figured because I hadn't raced yet that it would automatically put me in the lowest division. I raced a lot on Friday. When the window closed at 1:00 am I was #1 on the leaderboard. Through countless races I consistently posted the fastest lap times and won most races I was in except when I was punted from the track repeatedly and had no chance of winning. So, over the next couple days I only raced a few times. This morning I was #6. But I'm still in the Grassroots division. What confuses me is two things.... One, if I was usually fastest in each race, why wasn't I moved up in Division? Second, in the other Leagues, Ultimate Spocom and Ghost League, which before this morning I hadn't raced in, I was in the Elite Division. Why? Again, in Can-Am it started me in Grassroots. But in these others, Elite.
Anyone have an idea about these two questions?

(As an aside, I did do one race this morning in Ultimate Spocom with a car that was far from a "leaderboard" car and not tuned well and I posted the second fastest lap time in a race of 8 others. Notably it was much cleaner racing. I got hit twice, once by a legit guy who apologized (altho he didn't yield position after the wreck) and another by a guy which did seem intentional. Placed 4th in the end)
TIA!


First off, we have a League thread each week which I recommend posting in: http://forums.forzamotor...700-Ultimate-SpoCom.aspx

Your League Division placement will likely get updated next week when new Leagues open. Normally it takes a few races to figure out your skill rating at which point you'll be adjusted for future events. Based on your current performances you may end up in Pinnacle, the highest Division.


SpoCom is likely very quiet and clean compared to the Can-Ams, as you don't have 500+ people tripping over each other to win that Ferrari ;)
Rank: C-Class Racing License
#58 Posted : Monday, January 11, 2016 8:57:47 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: PJTierney Go to Quoted Post
First off, we have a League thread each week which I recommend posting in: http://forums.forzamotor...700-Ultimate-SpoCom.aspx

Thanks for the reply, although, this post was moved here by a mod so apparently this is the proper place for it. I just looked at your suggested thread and I agree that would have been a better place for it rather than starting a new thread, which is what I did initially. Thanks again for your reply.
Rank: Moderator
#59 Posted : Monday, January 11, 2016 9:00:05 AM(UTC)
Thread merged for the question about division placement, which RBW Triton discussed:
Originally Posted by: RBW TRITON Go to Quoted Post

Divisions - You are placed/moved into a division based on the TruSkill you've developed for Leagues. The more you win, the more your TruSkill increases, the more you are at the back of the pack the more it decreases. Leagues has a separate TruSkill rating than Hoppers as we figured some may race differently between the two. Some have noted that they were pre-placed into a Division the first time they played Leagues. If you had never played Leagues before, we use your Hopper TruSkill to make sure you started approximately where you should. Once your TruSkill in Leagues is verifed, it switches to using the TruSkill for Leagues exclusively from there on out.

Leaderboards - Points are awarded as your finish position inverted + bonus points for any players you finish in front of that have a higher skill rating for you. Your Leaderboard finish position has no impact to the Division you are assigned. It is there to capture your progress, payout for your effort and track competing against other players.

Hope this helps clear it up.

- Triton


Rank: C-Class Racing License
#60 Posted : Monday, January 11, 2016 11:22:58 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ManteoMax Go to Quoted Post
If you had never played Leagues before, we use your Hopper TruSkill to make sure you started approximately where you should. Once your TruSkill in Leagues is verifed, it switches to using the TruSkill for Leagues exclusively from there on out.

Then that begs the question, If you'd never raced Leagues before or raced online, how is your Hopper TruSkill determined? (I did a search and couldn't find the answer) And also, why was I Elite in two Leagues before I ever played and in Grassroots in another which I hadn't played?

Edited by user Tuesday, January 12, 2016 1:20:32 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: R-Class Racing License
#61 Posted : Monday, January 11, 2016 1:10:18 PM(UTC)
[Mod Edit - Abbreviated profanity, profanity and profanity that is disguised but still alludes to the words are not permitted - D]

Edited by user Sunday, January 24, 2016 6:40:58 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: Racing Permit
#62 Posted : Thursday, January 14, 2016 9:58:51 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: RBW TRITON Go to Quoted Post
I admire all the work and hypothesis that has gone into how players move and are rated in Leagues. Some really great stuff. Fortunately, as I will explain, it is actually much more simple.

Divisions - You are placed/moved into a division based on the TruSkill you've developed for Leagues. The more you win, the more your TruSkill increases, the more you are at the back of the pack the more it decreases. Leagues has a separate TruSkill rating than Hoppers as we figured some may race differently between the two. Some have noted that they were pre-placed into a Division the first time they played Leagues. If you had never played Leagues before, we use your Hopper TruSkill to make sure you started approximately where you should. Once your TruSkill in Leagues is verifed, it switches to using the TruSkill for Leagues exclusively from there on out.

Leaderboards - Points are awarded as your finish position inverted + bonus points for any players you finish in front of that have a higher skill rating for you. Your Leaderboard finish position has no impact to the Division you are assigned. It is there to capture your progress, payout for your effort and track competing against other players.

Hope this helps clear it up.

- Triton


Thanks for this info! I've been stuck in Pinnacle since the first league. I can race competitively if I spend hours building the halo car for that series. But it's just not fun, recently with XBL share I made another GT and raced in Elite this week and it was a lot of fun, I want to be in elite. I won a majority of the races but I had some really good races, the wins didn't come easy. Well, it's showing me moving back to pinnacle. Is there any way for Forza to give us more info on this. Pinnacle as a league sucks, I have a lot of top leaderboard times but the guys who are fast there are freaks, the lobbies are small as the division seems much smaller than elite. In Elite i race with 20 people almost every time during peak hours. In Pinnacle I'm lucky to see 14.

I suppose I am right on the cusp of Elite and Pinnacle, I feel like they need to make Pinnacle more exclusive, because all of my friends are in elite. I could understand if I was unbeatable in Elite but I am far from it. Maybe they should reconsider the division breakdowns. Case in point, the top 3 in Elite right now will be in Elite next week, but I'm 20th or something and I'm moving to Pinnacle. The scoring and TruSkill system need to have more in common.



Rank: D-Class Racing License
 2 users liked this post.
#63 Posted : Thursday, January 14, 2016 11:43:46 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Ball325 Go to Quoted Post
Thanks for this info! I've been stuck in Pinnacle since the first league. I can race competitively if I spend hours building the halo car for that series. But it's just not fun, recently with XBL share I made another GT and raced in Elite this week and it was a lot of fun, I want to be in elite. I won a majority of the races but I had some really good races, the wins didn't come easy. Well, it's showing me moving back to pinnacle. Is there any way for Forza to give us more info on this. Pinnacle as a league sucks, I have a lot of top leaderboard times but the guys who are fast there are freaks, the lobbies are small as the division seems much smaller than elite. In Elite i race with 20 people almost every time during peak hours. In Pinnacle I'm lucky to see 14.

I suppose I am right on the cusp of Elite and Pinnacle, I feel like they need to make Pinnacle more exclusive, because all of my friends are in elite. I could understand if I was unbeatable in Elite but I am far from it. Maybe they should reconsider the division breakdowns. Case in point, the top 3 in Elite right now will be in Elite next week, but I'm 20th or something and I'm moving to Pinnacle. The scoring and TruSkill system need to have more in common.





I keep seeing people say that their friends are racing in different leagues to them and how they want to play in the same one, however racing with friends is not what leagues have been created for. You say that there are not enough people in pinnacle league and yet you also want it to be made more exclusive, this would just make the field in each race even smaller. The scoring system is only for measuring how much you have participated each week and work out your bonus payment. I think this is the way it should stay, altering it to reflect race performance will only increase the amount of dirty driving and cheating as some people would do anything to move up the leaderboard. I remember on Forza 2 when they displayed truskill rank in lobbies people would smash you off because they didn't want to lose rank.
Rank: A-Class Racing License
#64 Posted : Thursday, January 14, 2016 4:29:37 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: SuperYendor Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: ManteoMax Go to Quoted Post
If you had never played Leagues before, we use your Hopper TruSkill to make sure you started approximately where you should. Once your TruSkill in Leagues is verifed, it switches to using the TruSkill for Leagues exclusively from there on out.

Then that begs the question, If you'd never raced Leagues before or raced online, how is your Hopper TruSkill determined? (I did a search and couldn't find the answer) And also, why was I Elite in two Leagues before I ever played and in Grassroots in another which I hadn't played?



Hoppers definitely has an impacted on league placement.
You must of started the grassroots league and it locked you into that division for that league. If you improve your truscore in that period, you will be placed in a higher divisons for the other league that you havnt started.

Edited by user Thursday, January 14, 2016 4:33:34 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: Driver's Permit
#65 Posted : Saturday, January 16, 2016 10:09:51 AM(UTC)
[Mod Edit - thread merged, see post #26. 100 points per finish order inverted + bonus for higher skill opponents you beat. MM]

Ok after running lots of leauge races, I would really like a difinitive answer from T10 as to how the scoring system works. Everything I find on here is wrong. Im in the elite division, and only score points for finishing better in the race @ 100 ponts per person beat. People say you get points for clean laps, passing, and beating those who are ranked higher. The highest ive earned in a race was 2400 pts, and I am seriously wondering how people claim they are scoring up to 7000+ pts in a race.

Is the scoreing system different for each division?

How does it all work?

Why isnt there anything here that explains all of this?

Edited by user Saturday, January 16, 2016 10:16:10 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: Driver's Permit
#66 Posted : Saturday, January 16, 2016 3:11:32 PM(UTC)
Well I still want to know why the scoring system does not work correctly. It only gives me 100 pts per person beat but never a bonus when beating players ranked higher than me.
Rank: D-Class Racing License
#67 Posted : Saturday, January 16, 2016 4:09:20 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FAA PureFireGT Go to Quoted Post
Well I still want to know why the scoring system does not work correctly. It only gives me 100 pts per person beat but never a bonus when beating players ranked higher than me.


There is no way of telling if some one is ranked higher than you, the bonus points are based on your truskill rank, which is hidden, not leaderboard position.
Rank: R-Class Racing License
#68 Posted : Sunday, January 17, 2016 12:07:24 PM(UTC)
I have to say my experience in Elite last week was disappointing. First off The Peugot 905 is an awful car and second I have never seen so much quitting. I was mid pack usually until everyone in back of me would quit almost every time. For that reason I'm back in Pro not due to any fault of mine.
Rank: Racing Permit
#69 Posted : Tuesday, January 19, 2016 12:27:38 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Fantastic Fox Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Ball325 Go to Quoted Post
Thanks for this info! I've been stuck in Pinnacle since the first league. I can race competitively if I spend hours building the halo car for that series. But it's just not fun, recently with XBL share I made another GT and raced in Elite this week and it was a lot of fun, I want to be in elite. I won a majority of the races but I had some really good races, the wins didn't come easy. Well, it's showing me moving back to pinnacle. Is there any way for Forza to give us more info on this. Pinnacle as a league sucks, I have a lot of top leaderboard times but the guys who are fast there are freaks, the lobbies are small as the division seems much smaller than elite. In Elite i race with 20 people almost every time during peak hours. In Pinnacle I'm lucky to see 14.

I suppose I am right on the cusp of Elite and Pinnacle, I feel like they need to make Pinnacle more exclusive, because all of my friends are in elite. I could understand if I was unbeatable in Elite but I am far from it. Maybe they should reconsider the division breakdowns. Case in point, the top 3 in Elite right now will be in Elite next week, but I'm 20th or something and I'm moving to Pinnacle. The scoring and TruSkill system need to have more in common.





I keep seeing people say that their friends are racing in different leagues to them and how they want to play in the same one, however racing with friends is not what leagues have been created for. You say that there are not enough people in pinnacle league and yet you also want it to be made more exclusive, this would just make the field in each race even smaller. The scoring system is only for measuring how much you have participated each week and work out your bonus payment. I think this is the way it should stay, altering it to reflect race performance will only increase the amount of dirty driving and cheating as some people would do anything to move up the leaderboard. I remember on Forza 2 when they displayed truskill rank in lobbies people would smash you off because they didn't want to lose rank.


I made another account and I am in elite on it, I race my friends (this is XBOX lets face it I want to play with friends), and I've had some of the best races ever in Elite. The lobbies are full and sure there are dirty racers but it's not too bad. As for making it more exclusive let me elaborate, the people at the top of Pinnacle are far better than the people at the bottom. For instance someone at the bottom of Pinnacle would be competitive in Elite, someone at the bottom of Elite could win a race in Elite, but this is not the case in the Pinnacle division. The skill gap is so great that it's flat out not fun. I was trying to say they need to consider where the thresholds are for these leagues because I feel they could create better racing.

This discussion on TruSkill showed me a lot, I can keep my account in Elite, sometimes if I do very well for a few days it bumps me up, but if I have a poor night I'm back down to elite. I don't care about any of the what the leagues are supposed to be, I want to race with people who I am competitive with, not get blown out of the water every race.
Rank: A-Class Racing License
#70 Posted : Tuesday, January 19, 2016 1:57:31 PM(UTC)
Just wondering if there is any way of getting your division reset in the leagues? I'm in the elite division but I recently cut off my left thumb at work. While I have learnt to steer using my index finger instead of my thumb and can hold my own in the hoppers, in leagues I've gone from regularly having to wait at the line so as not to DNF half the lobby to just being a rolling chicane. I'm getting a lot of grief and bad rep for generally being in the way which I can understand as I'd be annoyed getting stuck behind me. I'm getting quicker but basically I'm a beginner again until I can retrain my hand.
Anyway just wondered if it was possible?
Rank: B-Class Racing License
#71 Posted : Tuesday, January 19, 2016 2:27:28 PM(UTC)
Sorry for your bad luck.

You could make a new Gt but I'm sure they is no way known with your current Gt. You could message one of the staff explaining your predicament. They may put you back into grassroots Its worth a shot

I would personally recommend a wheel for you. I could smoke, drink, eat and play with the phone. With a wheel. Just like you can with real driving but with no officers of the law stopping you 24/7

Edited by user Tuesday, January 19, 2016 2:29:21 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: A-Class Racing License
#72 Posted : Tuesday, January 19, 2016 2:39:26 PM(UTC)
Yeah mate a wheel is deffo on the cards but no thumb means no disposable income at the minute. Suppose I could start another gamer tag but all my DLC is tied to this one :(
Rank: Moderator
#73 Posted : Tuesday, January 19, 2016 2:45:46 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: RBW TRITON Go to Quoted Post


Divisions - You are placed/moved into a division based on the TruSkill you've developed for Leagues. The more you win, the more your TruSkill increases, the more you are at the back of the pack the more it decreases. Leagues has a separate TruSkill rating than Hoppers as we figured some may race differently between the two. Some have noted that they were pre-placed into a Division the first time they played Leagues. If you had never played Leagues before, we use your Hopper TruSkill to make sure you started approximately where you should. Once your TruSkill in Leagues is verifed, it switches to using the TruSkill for Leagues exclusively from there on out.



Rank: B-Class Racing License
#74 Posted : Tuesday, January 19, 2016 3:02:41 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ManteoMax Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: RBW TRITON Go to Quoted Post


Divisions - You are placed/moved into a division based on the TruSkill you've developed for Leagues. The more you win, the more your TruSkill increases, the more you are at the back of the pack the more it decreases. Leagues has a separate TruSkill rating than Hoppers as we figured some may race differently between the two. Some have noted that they were pre-placed into a Division the first time they played Leagues. If you had never played Leagues before, we use your Hopper TruSkill to make sure you started approximately where you should. Once your TruSkill in Leagues is verifed, it switches to using the TruSkill for Leagues exclusively from there on out.





Not sure about this. I was put in pinnacle after around 5 races. From a grassroots league. I had to finish that league the ghost league still on grassroots for the entire week but was placed in pinnacle on the collisions league after 5 races only based only on my grassroots performance. Granted I won them but it seemed quick.

I have never heard anyone personally mention to me that they have or had been relegated to a lower division ever. Obviously moved up but never relegated.

If any one can confirm on here that they have been relagated. I'll skulk off with my tail between my legs.

Edited by user Tuesday, January 19, 2016 3:04:48 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: A-Class Racing License
#75 Posted : Tuesday, January 19, 2016 3:03:43 PM(UTC)
Ah cheers for the info bud I didn't see this thread. So basically I just need to keep being bad and it'll sort it's self out. Sucks for the guys stuck behind me till it happens so I'll apologise now.
7 Pages12345>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error