#1 Posted : Saturday, November 28, 2015 9:07:59 AM(UTC)

Here are this week's League Hoppers. Feel free to share your best tips, car suggestions and experiences.

Ghost League
  • Class: D/400
  • Car Choice: Any
  • Tuning: Allowed
  • Collisions: Off

Ultimate Grand Tourer League
  • Class: S/800
  • Car Choice: Ultimate Grand Tourer (Eligible Cars)
  • Collisions: On

Previous Threads (recent first):
 2 users liked this post.
#2 Posted : Saturday, November 28, 2015 9:11:21 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: PJTierney Go to Quoted Post

Ultimate Grand Tourer League
  • Class: S/800
  • Car Choice: Ultimate Grand Tourer (Eligible Cars)
  • Collisions: On

Edited by user Saturday, December 5, 2015 9:52:02 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#3 Posted : Saturday, November 28, 2015 10:01:27 AM(UTC)
For the D class Toyota Celica 03 or the Civic 97... nice handling+good speed...
(hope the servers are fixed for ghost leagues)

Vandalism/Forza Artists/Forza Showrooms/APEX RACING GT/Digital Motorsports on facebook...

#4 Posted : Saturday, November 28, 2015 11:09:12 AM(UTC)
Well if history repeats itself any class above A is a total crash fest online and isnt worth trying.I love those cars but even more people will try the S class who cant handle them and it will be mayhem..Ill skip that league...Sholdve made the S ghost and D collision....
#5 Posted : Saturday, November 28, 2015 11:51:28 AM(UTC)
I get to go around having fun with my F12berlinetta again (last seen in the sim league), sweet!
#6 Posted : Sunday, November 29, 2015 4:26:31 AM(UTC)
D/400 is too slow for me and I don't particularly enjoy driving the Ultimate Grand Tourers so I'll be giving these Leagues a miss.
#7 Posted : Sunday, November 29, 2015 4:47:41 AM(UTC)
D/400 is far to slow a tier to waste the collision league on, in my opinion anything under C/500 should always be ghost only due to the complete lack of speed which never leads to entertaining races.
#8 Posted : Sunday, November 29, 2015 11:12:29 AM(UTC)
You can use the Aventador, Reventon and Murcielago in Grand Tourers but you can't use the Merc GT S or SLS? That doesn't make any sense. The Lambos will be the clear best cars for this league.

Edited by user Sunday, November 29, 2015 11:30:17 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#9 Posted : Sunday, November 29, 2015 11:56:45 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: o Mike V o Go to Quoted Post
You can use the Aventador, Reventon and Murcielago in Grand Tourers but you can't use the Merc GT S or SLS? That doesn't make any sense. The Lambos will be the clear best cars for this league.

The two mercs are A class - you need to tune them to S900 and you can use them in the league.
#10 Posted : Sunday, November 29, 2015 12:07:08 PM(UTC)
The Lambos are definitely not the clear best cars. If anything, these cars are all super close. I actually think this league could be very good since it seems like there's not clear fast car.

Although there is one car, the Ferrari FF, which is clearly inferior to the rest. It's just **** .

I'm slow
#11 Posted : Sunday, November 29, 2015 4:04:17 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Lockeye86 Go to Quoted Post
The Lambos are definitely not the clear best cars. If anything, these cars are all super close. I actually think this league could be very good since it seems like there's not clear fast car.

Although there is one car, the Ferrari FF, which is clearly inferior to the rest. It's just **** .

I plan on using the FF on Bathhurst and any other straight line speed track. Not come across any of them yet, they always seem to crash when i want to try my fast tune FF.

#12 Posted : Sunday, November 29, 2015 5:31:35 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: klayton88 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Lockeye86 Go to Quoted Post

I plan on using the FF on Bathhurst and any other straight line speed track. Not come across any of them yet, they always seem to crash when i want to try my fast tune FF.

Nah, if you keep it AWD it's too heavy and you can't put enough power into it since the AWD inflates the PI. When you remove the AWD you can't put the power down well since its tires only go up to 315mm at full width. Doesn't handle well as a result and power delivery is nothing special. The Merc SLR is better.

I'm slow
#13 Posted : Sunday, November 29, 2015 7:53:28 PM(UTC)
Finding the brakes on the Aston-Martin a bit of a challenge. They seem very inefficient.
#14 Posted : Sunday, November 29, 2015 11:04:44 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Suliz Go to Quoted Post
Finding the brakes on the Aston-Martin a bit of a challenge. They seem very inefficient.

Agreed. Very hit and miss. Had some good races with them and some bad races, weird how the brakes change for the Aston on each track for me. Had 5 races earlier on leagues and went 2nd 2nd 2nd 3rd 4th. By far my fav all rounder car for this league.

#15 Posted : Monday, November 30, 2015 1:56:03 AM(UTC)
Looks like the Jeep is going to be the winner of the ghost league again. I raced against it in 2 sessions tonight and no one could keep up with it except for one race where a '92 Golf was a few seconds behind. One of the guys was at least nice enough to wait by the finish line for 10 seconds while the rest of us caught up. I've tuned a CRX and a Mustang to the point where I'm happy with them but they are still a little slippery in the corners.

Still lots of disconnecting. At least I'm getting to practice my starts. =)
#16 Posted : Monday, November 30, 2015 12:56:49 PM(UTC)
Not tried any of the grand tourers league but the D class ghost league was rather fun tonight, had some very close racing in a variety of cars. Managed at least one win and a number of podium finishes, pretty pleased with that. Ran a different car on each track I went to, so seems that there's plenty of choice when it comes to cars, will be trying it out again this week when I can.
 1 user liked this post.
#17 Posted : Tuesday, December 1, 2015 2:32:06 AM(UTC)
D Class 400 Datsun 240Z
Turbo on Factory Motor
215 front tyres and 225 rears
Sport Brakes
Race Suspension
Race Weight Reduction
Race Exhaust
Race Intercooler
Sport Flywheel aaaaaand ROTSUN Roadkill Design

Goes hard for a D Class car
#18 Posted : Tuesday, December 1, 2015 3:25:18 AM(UTC)
Done a few Grand Tourer league races and it was big fun to join a lobby with almost all clean racers. The D class ghost league feels a bit like a race in slow motion, so would give it a pass this time round. Nothing wrong with the class, just not my personal liking,

Better than always being right is knowing when to shut up
#19 Posted : Tuesday, December 1, 2015 1:21:34 PM(UTC)
The GT league seems like a well-balanced class of cars. Have had lots of good racing with cars being close on lap times, but showing strengths at different parts of the track. When drivers race cleanly it makes for exciting races!

Notification

Icon
Error