7 Pages123>>Next
 1 user liked this post.
#1 Posted : Friday, November 13, 2015 12:33:32 PM(UTC)
Tokens are being enabled in FM6 this weekend:
Quote:
On Saturday, we’ll be activating tokens in Forza Motorsport 6, allowing players to purchase tokens which can be used for in-game items like cars and Mod packs. Players who do not wish to see the token feature in Forza Motorsport 6 menus will have the option to disable this feature from appearing by turning Tokens off in the HUD Options menu.

http://www.forzamotorspo.../en-us/news/wir_11_13_15

Tokens are *optional* and not required for any part of the game.

Originally Posted by: ManteoMax Go to Quoted Post
Consumable DLC: Tokens

Release Date: November 14, 2015
FM.net: Announcement in 11-13-15 Week in Review
Xbox.com: Store Link
Forums: discussion thread

Tokens are a means of buying cars, upgrades, or Mod Packs in lieu of using your in-game credits. This can be a time-saving alternative to racing for credits (remember to also redeem your Forza Rewards for gift credits on a regular basis.) Tokens are entirely optional and not required to access any car or feature in the game. If you wish to hide token prices or prompts you can do so from the Options tab and HUD tile, setting "Disable Tokens" to ON.

In the main game menu a small window in the upper right corner of the screen will alternate between your credit balance and your token balance. In menus where credits can be used, the cost of the item will be shown in both CR and TK value; selecting that item will then give you the option to Buy with Credits or Buy with Tokens. In general, one token = 500 credits, so a car or upgrade or Mod pack that costs 50,000 credits could alternately be bought with 100 tokens.

Each player has been gifted 100 tokens today or will have 100 credits waiting when they start Forza Motorsport 6 for the first time. Tokens from other Forza games cannot be imported into FM6.

If you do not have enough credits to buy an item you will be able to select Buy With Tokens. If you try to use tokens and do not have enough, the Buy Tokens menu will open with the seven token pack options (also available at Xbox.com or in the Marketplace tile under the Options tab):
100 Tokens pack $0.99 (1 token per cent)
325 Tokens pack $2.99
575 Tokens pack $4.99
1250 Tokens pack $9.99
2700 Tokens pack $19.99
8000 Tokens pack $49.99
20,000 Tokens pack $99.99 (2 tokens per cent)

Token packs do not count toward the "Paid DLC Owned" portion of your Forza Rewards Score.

Important limitations on Token DLC
Note that Token DLC is consumable - unlike other owned DLC that can be reinstalled, once you spend your purchased tokens they cannot be reinstalled or restored by starting the game over (however, unused tokens remain on the server and will be available if you reset your gamesave).
  • Token packs are only available to the account that purchased them and not sharable with other accounts on a console (unlike the ability for other accounts to use DLC cars as a benefit of XBL Gold member sharing).
  • Cars bought with tokens cannot be sold for half value like cars bought with credits - they can only be Removed from your garage, and doing so does not restore the spent credits or add the credit value to your account. (On the other hand, Mods from a pack purchased with tokens can be sold like other Mods for their credit value.)
  • Mod pack contents are determined by chance and buying multiple packs may still not provide a specific sought-after Mod, so spend your tokens wisely.

Edited by user Monday, November 16, 2015 6:08:04 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

35 users liked this post.
#2 Posted : Friday, November 13, 2015 12:37:50 PM(UTC)

🇨🇦
 1 user liked this post.
#3 Posted : Friday, November 13, 2015 12:43:58 PM(UTC)
Well, I for one am quite open to this kind of economy.

8 users liked this post.
#4 Posted : Friday, November 13, 2015 12:45:07 PM(UTC)
T10 get bought by Zinga? When do we get the facebook button to beg our friends to buy us tokens?!
 23 users liked this post.
#5 Posted : Friday, November 13, 2015 1:09:03 PM(UTC)
Enough with the cheap shots. If you don't like tokens, don't use them.

7 users liked this post.
#6 Posted : Friday, November 13, 2015 3:43:13 PM(UTC)
Quote:
Players who do not wish to see the token feature in Forza Motorsport 6 menus will have the option to disable this feature from appearing by turning Tokens off in the HUD Options menu.

I know what I'm doing tomorrow. ;)

Earned enough CR through my in-game activities that "money's not an object" and if I want a car, I can just get it.
#7 Posted : Friday, November 13, 2015 8:30:35 PM(UTC)
I thought it was over, but no. Well....I remember I bought the minimum amount of tokens in Forza 5 and never used them. Guess I can finally spend that money.
 7 users liked this post.
#8 Posted : Friday, November 13, 2015 11:20:40 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Dragnet Go to Quoted Post
Enough with the cheap shots. If you don't like tokens, don't use them.

Exactly - don't know what more people could want. Nothing wrong with having the tokens in game for those that want to play that way (there is no advantage in doing so) and for the rest we can just ignore them, or even better now, turn them off. Win win for all at the end of the day.
 1 user liked this post.
#9 Posted : Saturday, November 14, 2015 2:11:23 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: hardvibes2 Go to Quoted Post
I thought it was over, but no. Well....I remember I bought the minimum amount of tokens in Forza 5 and never used them. Guess I can finally spend that money.

Who's to say that tokens from FM5 will be available to use in FM6?

This is simply another way to expand income from players, as tokens are "purchased" with real cash, not credits..... While I did buy a bundle of tokens in FM5, and used them mainly in tuning and upgrades, and a few of the cheaper cars so I could keep credits for acquiring the much larger cars....

I think Tokens are a waste of our money personally, as we have a surplus of credits in-game. And it's easy yo Aquire even the most expensive of cars in-game.

Leave the tokens out please, and Aldo any Horizion franchise bits-n-pieces please. Keep Forza "Motorsport" just that, a game that while not a real sim, does give the player a closer experience to a sim, yet still be playable for the novice or real young players.

Bring in some of the real damage modelling that existed in the GRID franchise.!

Now that would be great, wouldn't it.....
 1 user liked this post.
#10 Posted : Saturday, November 14, 2015 2:57:44 AM(UTC)
I have tokens sitting in past games. Wish they would allow them to transfer over so I can use them.
 5 users liked this post.
#11 Posted : Saturday, November 14, 2015 3:18:27 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: zomgfast Go to Quoted Post
When do we get the facebook button to beg our friends to buy us tokens?!

That isn't actually such a bad idea.

Originally Posted by: XboxOZ360 Go to Quoted Post

I think Tokens are a waste of our money personally, as we have a surplus of credits in-game. And it's easy yo Aquire even the most expensive of cars in-game.

Leave the tokens out please, and Aldo any Horizion franchise bits-n-pieces please. Keep Forza "Motorsport" just that, a game that while not a real sim, does give the player a closer experience to a sim, yet still be playable for the novice or real young players.

Not everyone has a surplus of credits. I've seen people who've not just spent all their credits, but have even sold all their cars to buy more mod packs in the hunt for those three mod achievements, most notably Back Of The Pack. Quite a few people quite clearly demonstrate addictive behavior here. There's no point having an aspect in a game that triggers addictive behaviour without cashing in on it. Playing into people's addictions and cashing in is just good business. Turn 10 might actually have created a real cashcow with the I dare you achievement here. I know that it probably would be safer for me to delete FM6 entirely, so I don't even get tempted to just spend a few dollars, and a few dollars more, and another few dollars more. This was a clever move by Turn 10 and it will ultimately make them money which, let's face it, is the sole reason for making games.

Surely, nobody thinks that games are made for the fun of it, or? Even Turn 10 is a business, and they ought to do not what makes a minority happy, but what makes them the most money. We really can't blame a business for trying to make money, so we can't really blame them for introducing tokens, in particularly not for introducing a way for people to spend real money on mod packs. If you look at this objectively, you cannot deny that this is good business.

Yes, some people will complain, some people will hate them for it, but only a minority will go as far as renouncing the franchise. They'll lose a little in terms of sales, but they'll make way more than that back. Cut them some slack, even Turn 10 will have to survive in a landscape of ever better competition. If you want the Forza franchise to survive, you should be in favour of whatever makes them money, including tokens.
#12 Posted : Saturday, November 14, 2015 4:40:19 AM(UTC)

EDIT: I see my tokens from FM5.

Edited by user Saturday, November 14, 2015 6:59:58 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#13 Posted : Saturday, November 14, 2015 5:32:04 AM(UTC)
I'm fine w/ this feature, the only problem is it was outrageously expensive to use if someone wanted to take advantage of this :(
LG OLED E6
 5 users liked this post.
#14 Posted : Saturday, November 14, 2015 5:55:44 AM(UTC)
Tokens in themselves aren't a problem. Problems only come when the design of a game revolves around limiting players unless they choose to buy tokens.

It's something you see almost everywhere in the mobile scene, but certainly not in Forza 6.
 4 users liked this post.
#15 Posted : Saturday, November 14, 2015 6:45:26 AM(UTC)
Not a fan of tokens and in-game purchases (i.e REQ packs on Halo) however I like the option to disable them in the HUD. The game basically runs the same as before they were activated.
 4 users liked this post.
#16 Posted : Saturday, November 14, 2015 11:51:19 AM(UTC)
Expensive car for 1.500.000 Credits = 2700 tokens = 2 Arcade Games from Xbox Live
Are you crazy or what?
 1 user liked this post.
#17 Posted : Saturday, November 14, 2015 11:51:40 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ManteoMax Go to Quoted Post
Tokens are being enabled in FM6 this weekend:
Quote:
On Saturday, we’ll be activating tokens in Forza Motorsport 6, allowing players to purchase tokens which can be used for in-game items like cars and Mod packs. Players who do not wish to see the token feature in Forza Motorsport 6 menus will have the option to disable this feature from appearing by turning Tokens off in the HUD Options menu.

http://www.forzamotorspo.../en-us/news/wir_11_13_15

Tokens are *optional* and not required for any part of the game.

6 users liked this post.
#18 Posted : Saturday, November 14, 2015 1:03:50 PM(UTC)
so:

-desperate players pay money for things that don't require any additional time/effort on the part of the development team, therefore giving T10 additional revenue for things like add-ons, bug testing/fixes, and not getting laid off
-the in-game economy can still easily accommodate players who would prefer to earn their cars the legit way
-people who hate the entire idea of tokens with every fiber of their being can go into settings and hide all references to them

yeah, I don't think this'll keep me up at night.
#19 Posted : Saturday, November 14, 2015 1:15:50 PM(UTC)

EDIT: I see my tokens from FM5.

so your tokens from Forza 5 have carried over to Forza 6 ...is this true :)
 2 users liked this post.
#20 Posted : Saturday, November 14, 2015 1:39:56 PM(UTC)
I am strongly against the use of tokens. Why??? Race and make money, I already have more credits than I need.
#21 Posted : Saturday, November 14, 2015 2:23:17 PM(UTC)
I think 47 mil should keep me going for now
#22 Posted : Saturday, November 14, 2015 3:12:00 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: leetorts Go to Quoted Post
I am strongly against the use of tokens. Why??? Race and make money, I already have more credits than I need.

its for those too lazy to race and earn the credits...even though it is so easy to get them, especially with the weekly forza rewards
 1 user liked this post.
#23 Posted : Saturday, November 14, 2015 3:53:08 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: talby71 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: leetorts Go to Quoted Post

its for those too lazy to race and earn the credits...even though it is so easy to get them, especially with the weekly forza rewards

The 500K I get as weekly Forza rewards hardly makes a dent. I'd have to collect for a year to get what I've already wasted on mod packs. lol
 2 users liked this post.
#24 Posted : Saturday, November 14, 2015 4:45:59 PM(UTC)
Doesn't matter to me, I have plenty of in game credits at this point (25mill+). I haven't really put much time in with the game either, been too busy. Plus I have not been wasting credits on mod packs, think I have only bought the first one we are forced to buy. The rest I have from prize spins, and not been using them either lol. I think I have about 65+ prize spins to use at this point.
 1 user liked this post.
#25 Posted : Saturday, November 14, 2015 5:11:29 PM(UTC)
To follow up on a few of the posts in here, can anyone confirm that tokens bought in FM5 can be used in FM6? I'm still missing 350 points from my Forza 5 rewards score. lol
7 Pages123>>Next

Notification

Icon
Error