3 Pages123PrevNext
Rank: Driver's License
#26 Posted : Tuesday, November 3, 2015 1:17:09 PM(UTC)
It is very, very, very disappointing that the TX wheel issue was not resolved with this update.

I had zero issues with the wheel playing FM5.

I guess this will continue like people standing on the track at start up on Sebring.

Thanks T10!

Rank: A-Class Racing License
#27 Posted : Tuesday, November 3, 2015 1:25:06 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: BUCKWILDER Go to Quoted Post
Well than I guess shame on ME...perhaps I should have invested more time reviewing information on the Forza Forums before spending big $$ on a wheel set up, lol


Dont feel bad i did the same thing. I didnt (as im sure many other) realize that the ffb was so poor until some other community developed racing simulator came out. I look at it this way, when i feel like setting up the wheel i play the other game, when i dont i play forza.


PTG Home

Race Team
Tester
Tuner
Rank: Driver's License
#28 Posted : Tuesday, November 3, 2015 1:25:34 PM(UTC)
Was this the special announcement or is there more in store??
Rank: Racing Permit
#29 Posted : Tuesday, November 3, 2015 1:40:18 PM(UTC)
The fact the TX wheel works fine for extended periods and in FM5 and FH2 (from my experience) and the fact no "fix" for wonky FFB/pull to the right after a few laps in FM6 for November, leads me to believe that this is more of a complex problem that has to do with the new SDK/API for post XB1 less Kinect. It allows more memory and CPU cycles for games that was used by Kinect. However, it is dynamic and this is causing the problem - software bug is corrupting FFB/VIBRATION or a combination, IMHO. Any changes to SDK/API is a slow and tedious process because updates in FM6 could fix FFB, but potentially can cause issues in other games.

I know that "smart folks" at T10/PG are hopefully working on an a permanent fix, but in the meantime please T10 just as add some code to periodically call whatever function is used when pressing 'A' to accept Controller/Wheel settings (that temporarily clears the issue) while we are racing - a few CPU cycles driving along the straights to call the function should not make a big impact. Please! Just so annoying to unplug/plug wheel while in the race lobby to fix the problem.
Rank: Driver's License
#30 Posted : Tuesday, November 3, 2015 1:41:48 PM(UTC)
i was kicked out of the game while i was in a race... *grrr* is this update that important? maybe people will die if i don't update immediately or what?
Rank: D-Class Racing License
#31 Posted : Tuesday, November 3, 2015 1:47:58 PM(UTC)
Really glad the league bug is fixed. Will now be able to find out where I actually stand overall. Cheers T10.
CXR ELITE UCCIO
Tune requests taken.
Rank: D-Class Racing License
#32 Posted : Tuesday, November 3, 2015 2:15:01 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: desrtfox071 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: IJSTKKDURAZZ Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Relapsicate Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: HotRockin Go to Quoted Post
Hooray for the car audio fix! Now, on to the wheel issues... Maybe December? Good work, guys.


The wheel issues are the real issues.
This update is light.


Except,and I'm guessing here, that the percentage of wheel users is probably around 5% (or less). So we're just not a priority and that's the way it goes. It sucks cuz I'm a wheel user but we're low on the list guys. It might seem like there are quite a few people that do have wheels on this forum, and that percentage is probably considerably higher. But of the million plus people that have bought this game, or whatever the huge number is, very few of them are members of this forum and even fewer of those are wheel users



And even fewer are actually having problems. The TX is working fine for me, as an example.

Me to the tx is working great, much better than controller.
My lap times are seconds faster than with the controller.
FORZA FOR EVER !!!
Rank: Racing Permit
#33 Posted : Tuesday, November 3, 2015 2:32:20 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: LANGE JAAP Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: desrtfox071 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: IJSTKKDURAZZ Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Relapsicate Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: HotRockin Go to Quoted Post
Hooray for the car audio fix! Now, on to the wheel issues... Maybe December? Good work, guys.


The wheel issues are the real issues.
This update is light.


Except,and I'm guessing here, that the percentage of wheel users is probably around 5% (or less). So we're just not a priority and that's the way it goes. It sucks cuz I'm a wheel user but we're low on the list guys. It might seem like there are quite a few people that do have wheels on this forum, and that percentage is probably considerably higher. But of the million plus people that have bought this game, or whatever the huge number is, very few of them are members of this forum and even fewer of those are wheel users



And even fewer are actually having problems. The TX is working fine for me, as an example.

Me to the tx is working great, much better than controller.
My lap times are seconds faster than with the controller.


To be clear, I was not being snarky when I said good work. I meant it. I'm faster with the wheel too. I've adapted to the wheel the way it's been implemented in the game. However, the pull left bug and FFB problems are real and I hope might be addressed. So is the fact that DOR is not correct. It's servicable, yes; but it's got lots of room for improvement. Lap times are not the only measure of wheel performance. If you want to see wheel implementation done right, check out Project CARS. CARS has plenty of its own bugs and problems (I tend to enjoy FM6 more TBH), but wheel implementation isn't one of them.
Rank: C-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#34 Posted : Tuesday, November 3, 2015 2:35:02 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: BUCKWILDER Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: desrtfox071 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: IJSTKKDURAZZ Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Relapsicate Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: HotRockin Go to Quoted Post
Hooray for the car audio fix! Now, on to the wheel issues... Maybe December? Good work, guys.


The wheel issues are the real issues.
This update is light.


Except,and I'm guessing here, that the percentage of wheel users is probably around 5% (or less). So we're just not a priority and that's the way it goes. It sucks cuz I'm a wheel user but we're low on the list guys. It might seem like there are quite a few people that do have wheels on this forum, and that percentage is probably considerably higher. But of the million plus people that have bought this game, or whatever the huge number is, very few of them are members of this forum and even fewer of those are wheel users



And even fewer are actually having problems. The TX is working fine for me, as an example.


This is a matter of perception.
One TX does not work 'better' than the others...they are all built using the same components, and provided everyone is using the latest firmware - the user-experience should be near-identical. It boils down to opinion...I feel the wheel works o.k...but there are certain aspects that do not accurately resemble car physics. Issues like the left pull bug, and the fact that the slightest contact in MP can send the car spinning WILDLY out of control...these realities are factual - not a matter of perception or hardware differences.
Pun intended - we are not asking T10 to re-invent the wheel...we just want it tweaked in some areas to make it such that using a wheel doesn't feel at times disadvantageous relative to our controller bearing counterparts. The implementation of FFB and wheel use in a games 6th iteration, on a 'next-gen' console - should be spot on or very close to it. T10 has the financial resources to make it so - at this point it becomes a question of problem awareness and prioritization. I believe there will be some tweaks...as to what degree, or whether said fixes appease the masses remains to be seen...but I will continue to remain cautiously optimistic that the future will hold some patches that better compliment the wheel user-base - no matter how negligible or globally irrelevant we may be (in perception, or fact).


This whole post is a matter of opinion. You stating that they're facts doesn't make it so.

That's the problem with these sorts of reports - many people post their impressions and feelings as fact, and Turn10 needs to sort the fact from fiction. You can't do it for them.

Now, having said that, I believe that I've experienced the "pulls to the left" issue on my TX in rare cases.

I, for one, have gone in and set sensible settings in the F6 wheel settings - like no internal deadzone, 900 degrees, etc. Many people fail to do that and then report as issues, behavior that is designed but the user simply didn't adjust.

Edited by user Tuesday, November 3, 2015 2:36:56 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Mod Edit - Profanity removed
Rank: Racing Permit
 1 user liked this post.
#35 Posted : Tuesday, November 3, 2015 2:56:28 PM(UTC)
I experience the left pull bug and varying FFB levels at least once every on-line session I play.
That is not opinion - it is fact.
Other users have reported the same issue...that corroborates said fact.
When I am driving in a straight line, and the car beside me makes contact with me regardless of the speed or force of impact - and I go spinning off the road without any ability to correct via steering inputs - it is not opinion, it is a factual reality of my game experience to-date.
There are countless other Forum members who have remarked at this very same phenomenon.
All I am saying is that wheel enjoyment is in the eyes of the beholder...some see no issue...but the fact remains that many have expressed (to some degree or another) - varying levels of concern regarding wheel functionality, performance and FFB issues relative not only to other racing titles, but to Forza games historically.
I personally enjoy racing with the wheel...could it be better? Sure thing. Is it serviceable as HotRockin noted above - absolutely.
That said...given the reputed name and pedigree of racing that T10 has continually offered their community - it is indeed a fact that their implementation of FFB can be - and should be - better.
Rank: Racing Permit
#36 Posted : Tuesday, November 3, 2015 5:23:52 PM(UTC)
I've never had trouble in the league lobbies until tonight after the update now I've been disconnected from lobby 6 times I'm done trying to race tonight. Is it possible the update didn't load right and if so is there a way to reload it.
Rank: C-Class Racing License
#37 Posted : Tuesday, November 3, 2015 5:26:59 PM(UTC)
2004 Audi S4 speedometer/tach needless not moving was fixed.
Rank: Driver's License
#38 Posted : Tuesday, November 3, 2015 5:37:52 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: StevenGas Go to Quoted Post
I've never had trouble in the league lobbies until tonight after the update now I've been disconnected from lobby 6 times I'm done trying to race tonight. Is it possible the update didn't load right and if so is there a way to reload it.


I am having the same issue.
Rank: C-Class Racing License
#39 Posted : Tuesday, November 3, 2015 6:23:56 PM(UTC)
I've been disconnected a few times tonight too.. :(
Rank: C-Class Racing License
#40 Posted : Tuesday, November 3, 2015 6:51:28 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: StevenGas Go to Quoted Post
I've never had trouble in the league lobbies until tonight after the update now I've been disconnected from lobby 6 times I'm done trying to race tonight. Is it possible the update didn't load right and if so is there a way to reload it.


You arent alone man... Ive been disconnected several times tonite... I never ever ever got disconnected in the past before the update...Hopefully this sorts out... Loading to the track in lobbies has been exceptionally long more often then before as well.
Rank: A-Class Racing License
#41 Posted : Tuesday, November 3, 2015 7:20:45 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: BUCKWILDER Go to Quoted Post
Well than I guess shame on ME...perhaps I should have invested more time reviewing information on the Forza Forums before spending big $$ on a wheel set up, lol
I stopped believing in T10/Microsoft the moment I saw that the Fanatec CSR wouldn't work with the Xbox One and Forza. I made an INVESTMENT back in 2011 because the wheel worked with all systems ps3, xboc 360 and pc!!!!!

Rank: Racing Permit
#42 Posted : Tuesday, November 3, 2015 7:48:16 PM(UTC)
Its a drag they can't help the wheel users out. Looking at the LB's theres a ton of good / great wheel drivers..

But slightly off-topic, can anyone confirm if they added grip? It seems like my league car is actually a joy to drive tonight.

Rank: A-Class Racing License
#43 Posted : Tuesday, November 3, 2015 7:52:35 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: emorphien Go to Quoted Post
I sure hope the Caparo T1 invasion is fixed, so I can complete the single player R880 race series I started.


Seems like this was fixed, hooray!
Rank: A-Class Racing License
#44 Posted : Tuesday, November 3, 2015 8:05:59 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Gorno Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: StevenGas Go to Quoted Post
I've never had trouble in the league lobbies until tonight after the update now I've been disconnected from lobby 6 times I'm done trying to race tonight. Is it possible the update didn't load right and if so is there a way to reload it.


I am having the same issue.


Same issue here as well. I had next to no issues with multiplayer connection until tonight when on four occasions I was disconnected during a race. I'm wondering if the multiplayer 'fix' actually made things worse.

Rank: X-Class Racing License
#45 Posted : Tuesday, November 3, 2015 8:15:42 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: HotRockin Go to Quoted Post
Hooray for the car audio fix! Now, on to the wheel issues... Maybe December? Good work, guys.


Probably the same time we get a Free Play Mode patch - a.k.a. never.
Rank: Racing Permit
#46 Posted : Tuesday, November 3, 2015 8:30:58 PM(UTC)
I'm getting disconnects and cars appearing out of nowhere. I'll be running like 7th out of 18 but when I cross the finish line I'm all of a sudden 10th out of 23.
Rank: Racing Permit
#47 Posted : Tuesday, November 3, 2015 8:59:34 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: borgstrom Go to Quoted Post
The F-type sound is not fixed..


I swear it sounds more F-Typeish than it used to.

Edited by user Tuesday, November 3, 2015 9:01:44 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: R-Class Racing License
#48 Posted : Tuesday, November 3, 2015 9:24:31 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: BUCKWILDER Go to Quoted Post
I experience the left pull bug and varying FFB levels at least once every on-line session I play.
That is not opinion - it is fact.
Other users have reported the same issue...that corroborates said fact.
When I am driving in a straight line, and the car beside me makes contact with me regardless of the speed or force of impact - and I go spinning off the road without any ability to correct via steering inputs - it is not opinion, it is a factual reality of my game experience to-date.
There are countless other Forum members who have remarked at this very same phenomenon.
All I am saying is that wheel enjoyment is in the eyes of the beholder...some see no issue...but the fact remains that many have expressed (to some degree or another) - varying levels of concern regarding wheel functionality, performance and FFB issues relative not only to other racing titles, but to Forza games historically.
I personally enjoy racing with the wheel...could it be better? Sure thing. Is it serviceable as HotRockin noted above - absolutely.
That said...given the reputed name and pedigree of racing that T10 has continually offered their community - it is indeed a fact that their implementation of FFB can be - and should be - better.
Never have had the pull to the left bug,have only updated my firmware the very 1st time it came out,have done none since,maybe that's why I don't have the bug I don't know,my wheel works great!

Rank: D-Class Racing License
User is suspended until 5/26/2043 12:51:59 PM(UTC)
#49 Posted : Tuesday, November 3, 2015 9:33:22 PM(UTC)
Yeah many disconnects for me as you guys describe in the public league. I have beast interwebs. My guess is they are still optimizing things over at microsoft with this new patch coming possibly affecting the public servers?
Rank: D-Class Racing License
#50 Posted : Tuesday, November 3, 2015 9:58:07 PM(UTC)

Quote:

· Non-performance enhancing Mods will not set dirty lap times


But still cause laps to show dirty in the leaderboards, so what's the point? I can confirm that you can now do "clean" laps with xp boost mods. It still doesn't tell you when you've dirtied a lap, but if you put down a lap that seemed clean, and then you put down a faster dirty lap, your Best Lap will remain your fastest clean time. All faster dirty times are ignored. Yet, if you go to the leaderboard after the race, your fastest clean lap shows as dirty. Yes, that's right, it doesn't register your fastest dirty lap, it registers your fastest clean lap as dirty. Really don't see the point in this, can somebody please explain to me what I'm missing?


3 Pages123PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error