3 Pages123Next
#1 Posted : Tuesday, November 3, 2015 8:39:22 AM(UTC)
If you haven't seen it already, here it is, along with the Nissan GT-R LM Nismo, free for all players.

Quote:
November Content Update

CARS

· Fixed an issue where pop-up headlights on equipped cars would inadvertently engage automatically in Forzavista. In addition, fixed an issue where headlights pins in Forzavista would not function correctly for cars with pop-up headlights.

· Fixed an issue where electric cars did not burn battery with Fuel/Tire Wear Difficulty set to “simulation”

· Various fixes and improvements on a number of cars in the game

TRACKS

· LIME ROCK – Fixed an issue where cars entering the pits at high speeds would not have damage fixed during the pit stop

· NÜRBURGRING – Fixed an issue where cars could leave the environment after colliding with a barrier on the first turn of the Nürburgring + GP ribbon

AUDIO

· Corrected/updated engine audio on a number of cars in the game

· We’ve made some changes in the various available audio mix presets in the game. For example, the “Headphones” setting has been adjusted to make the player’s car more audible in the mix. This mix will work with all playback devices and is recommended for those who prefer to have their car audio more prevalent in the mix.

MULTIPLAYER

· Server enhancements to improve matchmaking performance. These enhancements should result in improved multiplayer connections, especially for the small population of Forza 6 players who were previously having trouble connecting to multiplayer in the game.

· We’ve made a change to address an issue where players could hold a multiplayer lobby open for an indefinite amount of time by not finishing a race. As a result of this change, players can no longer sit idle in League races and accrue points. In addition, players who are inactive for a certain period of time in a race will be removed.

· Fixed an issue where lobby hosts in an Xbox Live party would inadvertently stop waiting for players in his/her party after matching into a public lobby game, backing out, and then making a private multiplayer game

· Fixed an issue where MP lobbies with roll-off delay were preventing the rear view mirror from appearing for players

MODS

· Non-performance enhancing Mods will not set dirty lap times

· Using a Mod that forces sim damage on in a race will now result in Drivatar cars also taking sim damage

· Crew Chief Mods can no longer be sold

LIVERY/TUNING

· Fixed an issue where players could unlock and share locked liveries by altering the livery in ForzaVista and then entering the Test Drive section of the game

· Fixed an issue where tunes were inadvertently prevented from being shared due to language filter bug

MISCELLANEOUS

· Fixed an issue in replays, where telemetry for Drivatar cars was showing “stock,” even if the car was upgraded

· Fixed an issue where Drivatars would be duplicated in a multiplayer lobby

One of "The 50"
#2 Posted : Tuesday, November 3, 2015 8:46:00 AM(UTC)
Good update, finally those afk players will be kicked. Kudos T10
 1 user liked this post.
#3 Posted : Tuesday, November 3, 2015 8:46:33 AM(UTC)
A list of which cars have been addressed would be helpful A45 is still soo wrong

Edited by user Tuesday, November 3, 2015 8:51:11 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

https://www.facebook.com/johniwanna -Support our unicorn saint!!!

RIP Steven Anthony Brieno
AKA "Doodley Squat"
May 1st, 1959 - April 30, 2014
#4 Posted : Tuesday, November 3, 2015 8:50:26 AM(UTC)
So thats why people would sit around the track and not race. One race i was in had about 10 cars sitting idle on the track.
 3 users liked this post.
#5 Posted : Tuesday, November 3, 2015 8:51:48 AM(UTC)
Hooray for the car audio fix! Now, on to the wheel issues... Maybe December? Good work, guys.
#6 Posted : Tuesday, November 3, 2015 8:52:39 AM(UTC)
Yaaaaay audio update! Thank you T10! Can't wait to test it out. This has been my only major gripe with the game so far.
 6 users liked this post.
#7 Posted : Tuesday, November 3, 2015 8:55:37 AM(UTC)
Would be good to know which cars had received a sound update.

Overall a good update and dlc pack!
#8 Posted : Tuesday, November 3, 2015 8:58:55 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: GLR BOOST Go to Quoted Post
So thats why people would sit around the track and not race. One race i was in had about 10 cars sitting idle on the track.

That doesn't mean they were idle. There's an issue where it'll show players as sitting at the start but in actuality they are racing. It's pretty easy to tell when you check the end race results.
 3 users liked this post.
#9 Posted : Tuesday, November 3, 2015 9:00:55 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: HotRockin Go to Quoted Post
Hooray for the car audio fix! Now, on to the wheel issues... Maybe December? Good work, guys.

The wheel issues are the real issues.
This update is light.
#10 Posted : Tuesday, November 3, 2015 9:03:41 AM(UTC)
Looks like a good amount of updates. Glad to hear that the sitters in leagues will be kicked. Can't wait to play tonight. Thanks
 1 user liked this post.
#11 Posted : Tuesday, November 3, 2015 9:10:03 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Relapsicate Go to Quoted Post

This update is light.

LOL.
Ummmmmm....yeah.

+1
 2 users liked this post.
#12 Posted : Tuesday, November 3, 2015 9:31:22 AM(UTC)

This update is light.

My gut tells me the wheel wont get any update ever... I have one and wish it would but this game was built around a controller from day 1..
 1 user liked this post.
#13 Posted : Tuesday, November 3, 2015 9:38:47 AM(UTC)
I sure hope the Caparo T1 invasion is fixed, so I can complete the single player R880 race series I started.
#14 Posted : Tuesday, November 3, 2015 9:51:11 AM(UTC)
I won all the races on pro even with the caparo and ultimate. So I'm sure you can end that series on lower difficulty very easy. But you're right it's an issue that should be fixed.

All in all im disappointed from the update. Again nothing for free players.
#15 Posted : Tuesday, November 3, 2015 9:58:17 AM(UTC)
I can at least tell you guys that they fixed the F-Type's garbage audio.

That's the only one I noticed was off beforehand.
#16 Posted : Tuesday, November 3, 2015 11:18:28 AM(UTC)
The F-type sound is not fixed..
 1 user liked this post.
#17 Posted : Tuesday, November 3, 2015 11:37:53 AM(UTC)

This update is light.

Except,and I'm guessing here, that the percentage of wheel users is probably around 5% (or less). So we're just not a priority and that's the way it goes. It sucks cuz I'm a wheel user but we're low on the list guys. It might seem like there are quite a few people that do have wheels on this forum, and that percentage is probably considerably higher. But of the million plus people that have bought this game, or whatever the huge number is, very few of them are members of this forum and even fewer of those are wheel users

#18 Posted : Tuesday, November 3, 2015 11:44:50 AM(UTC)
There are some major changes in physics in my opinion. I have tested for now only some lmp cars and it seems that the cars have now more grip in corners and breaking are not more that sensitive. The mazda lola have unbelievable high downforce in corners and the cars are feel now easier to drive I think.
 1 user liked this post.
#19 Posted : Tuesday, November 3, 2015 11:46:24 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: IJSTKKDURAZZ Go to Quoted Post

This update is light.

Except,and I'm guessing here, that the percentage of wheel users is probably around 5% (or less). So we're just not a priority and that's the way it goes. It sucks cuz I'm a wheel user but we're low on the list guys. It might seem like there are quite a few people that do have wheels on this forum, and that percentage is probably considerably higher. But of the million plus people that have bought this game, or whatever the huge number is, very few of them are members of this forum and even fewer of those are wheel users

And even fewer are actually having problems. The TX is working fine for me, as an example.
Mod Edit - Profanity removed
 1 user liked this post.
#20 Posted : Tuesday, November 3, 2015 12:17:47 PM(UTC)
Hello.

Great update but some opinion for the sound.

Is there a way to add trans whine sound to the cars when you buy a race transmission and race diffi??? There was this sound in FM 4.

Is there a way to add that beautifull exhaust rumble (for example RS 6) to other big engine cars or when you put race exhaust??
 3 users liked this post.
#21 Posted : Tuesday, November 3, 2015 12:26:13 PM(UTC)
I must say, the vagueness is a little irritating. Perfect example right in the beginning: "Various fixes and improvements on an number of cars in the game." Like? What cars? What were some of the fixes and improvements? Was it one fix per car? A number? Is the Escalade's view in cockpit cam still off-center? (For those that are curious, it was like this even after last month's content update. I'm at my university right now and can't check). Is the Audi S1's chassis still neon green? Can you actually drive the Gurkha in chase cam now?

Same deal with the sound improvements. What cars had their sounds updated? I hope this comes along the line of cars not having the same, generic sound. Honestly. I don't know if this was changed or not with the update, but drive the Gen 1 Miata, Gen 1 and 2 Golfs, Abarth 131, and Volvo Amazon. Notice the sound (Spoilers: It's the same).

I'm more than appreciative of the fixes, and it makes me happy that these are seemingly monthly (at least for now, I hope this doesn't change) but please, say what they are. I don't have time to try out all ~500 cars to find out which ones are fixed. For some math, if you spend 5 minutes with every car and assuming there's five hundred cars, that would amount to 2500 minutes, or 41.667 hours of time needed. Yeah, no.

That said, some optimism? I'll definitely be trying out the "Headphones" audio setting. Glad to hear that if we can't get sliders, there's at least an option to have a louder "your car" sound.
One of "The 50"
#22 Posted : Tuesday, November 3, 2015 12:42:53 PM(UTC)
Good News
 1 user liked this post.
#23 Posted : Tuesday, November 3, 2015 12:51:41 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: desrtfox071 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: IJSTKKDURAZZ Go to Quoted Post

This update is light.

And even fewer are actually having problems. The TX is working fine for me, as an example.

This is a matter of perception.
One TX does not work 'better' than the others...they are all built using the same components, and provided everyone is using the latest firmware - the user-experience should be near-identical. It boils down to opinion...I feel the wheel works o.k...but there are certain aspects that do not accurately resemble car physics. Issues like the left pull bug, and the fact that the slightest contact in MP can send the car spinning WILDLY out of control...these realities are factual - not a matter of perception or hardware differences.
Pun intended - we are not asking T10 to re-invent the wheel...we just want it tweaked in some areas to make it such that using a wheel doesn't feel at times disadvantageous relative to our controller bearing counterparts. The implementation of FFB and wheel use in a games 6th iteration, on a 'next-gen' console - should be spot on or very close to it. T10 has the financial resources to make it so - at this point it becomes a question of problem awareness and prioritization. I believe there will be some tweaks...as to what degree, or whether said fixes appease the masses remains to be seen...but I will continue to remain cautiously optimistic that the future will hold some patches that better compliment the wheel user-base - no matter how negligible or globally irrelevant we may be (in perception, or fact).

Edited by user Tuesday, November 3, 2015 12:57:08 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#24 Posted : Tuesday, November 3, 2015 1:05:21 PM(UTC)
the pulling to the left is actually a bug. peoples problem with the wheel is not something that will get fixed in a patch. They need to rewrite the whole force feedback system in order to get the wheel right. this will not happen, especially for forza 6. The wheel has been the same since forza 3.... which for this game is why my wheel has pretty much always sat in the closet. Had a ms ffb wheel on 360 and now a tx. neither of them got more than a few hours use on forza.

PTG Home

Race Team
Tester
Tuner
#25 Posted : Tuesday, November 3, 2015 1:15:36 PM(UTC)
Well than I guess shame on ME...perhaps I should have invested more time reviewing information on the Forza Forums before spending big $$ on a wheel set up, lol
3 Pages123Next

Notification

Icon
Error