8 Pages<<34567>>PrevNext
#101 Posted : Tuesday, November 3, 2015 2:55:39 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: LEAPY LEIGH Go to Quoted Post
Hi killpop usually around 6.00 PM UK TIME TO DOWNLOAD AND USE CONTENT.

Most likely 5 now, we've gone back an hour over the weekend.

Twitter: @RyHirons
 1 user liked this post.
#102 Posted : Tuesday, November 3, 2015 4:15:33 AM(UTC)
Nice variety of cars again but really there's only 3 I'm at all interested in. The Datsun, the Holden and the Prowler.

Glad to see people are happy about the MP4/4 but tbh I'll probably never drive it, not an F1 fan in any shape.
#103 Posted : Tuesday, November 3, 2015 5:35:57 AM(UTC)
I love F1 and mp4/4 is definitely one of the best car driven by arguably the best driver. However I find F1 cars pretty much impossible to drive with the control pad, its more frustrating than fun. Maybe if I had a overpriced wheel but I don't.
#104 Posted : Tuesday, November 3, 2015 5:36:52 AM(UTC)
Except of the Mazda, the whole car pack is pretty much rubbish this month, imho.

In the October pack, there was a cadillac limo, that was a pretty good idea. But now ... Nothing new.
 2 users liked this post.
#105 Posted : Tuesday, November 3, 2015 5:47:18 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Prince James II Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Diesel Blows Go to Quoted Post
Not been interested in a single dlc car so far....can't wait til the good stuff comes once the season pass expires!

+1 Not buying season pass was something I was scared I would regret but so far I've been far from tempted with any of the first two packs.

Good variety of cars and such, just don't personally interest me much.

I do however need to see how many requests the Plymouth Prowler racked up in the wishlist thread haha

Personally, I'd love to get my hands on one of those Prowlers over here in Australia. If I could afford the super high taxes that come with importing even a secondhand car from the States, then there'd be one sitting in my driveway before a prawn could hit the barbie!

Plus the inclusion of a 'real Aussie'. Street race car, the Holden A9X, is inspiring for future possibilities that might include our famous GTR XU1 or Fords XW & XY GTHO (incl the real Phase 2&3's) or the Ford XR or XT GTs for that matter.

Or even the very rare Ford XA GT Phase 4, of which only a handful saw real street use.

The A9X was an amazingly quick registrable street monster. I worked on several in my youth when I had my own custom paint n panel shop called Blues Magoos Custom Paintworks back in the 70's - 80's, and to say these were babies or just toys, then you haven't driven a street legal monster. The cars would never pass registration these days however. They now need to have special rego to be allowed on the road as 'restoros', not every day vehicles.

The wheel and racing tyre combos were that big, especially on front, even with the factory flairs, that a large section on the front inner guards wheel wells had to be cut out and a box welded back in to allow a 'full lock' to be achieved. They were lowered so much that the factory guards had to be cut in the arches, faired out and the custom fairs bolted on to allow the entire wheels/tyres to fit inside the body line.

In tuned form, the back-side would always want yo come around and try and kiss the nose on acceleration, leaving two solid black 10" tyre patches in its wake. Handling was like driving a hugely overgrown kart, noisy inside, forget music, you dimply gave up trying to listen to any, the noise was deafening to say the least. Those proud owners that did manage to score one of the 'real' A9x's from Holden' Special Vehicles Department, usually had them fitted out with a gull roll age, re trimmed to accomodate changes in the rear seats and rear wheel wells etc. this gave the car stability when compared to those straight from GMH.

There were imitations of these however, even from Holden themselves, but you could tell the real ones by the extensive inner wheel well work and certain distinctive identification markings in the engine bay and engine equipment etc.

So seeing a real Aussie early Supercar in amongst the second car pac has my juices flowing already ... Bring on more Aussie cars please....

#106 Posted : Tuesday, November 3, 2015 6:17:36 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Krillbros Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: ll Hop Along ll Go to Quoted Post
Interesting cars, I admit I would have like to see a modern road car like the ATS-V or Civic Type-R, rather than the Maserati Trofeo, I like the car don't get me wrong but it feels like it should have been in the base game. There were plenty of nice additions in FM4 but you wouldn't of been DLC worthy.

Cool to have the "winningest" (what ever that word means) F1 car, not a fan of the most awfulest losinger car ever though, the Prowler. Holded looks interesting and the Datsun, well hopefully it isn't too under powered like most Japanese "British" sports cars of the era.

How long before we get the "ergh, race cars in a racing game, we don't want that, we want, rocket rabbit tuned cars and the S14 with the KDE235 TT motor with S1J Turbo" crowd......

Speak for yourself I think there should be less street cars

I never said that, I actually like that we've been getting more racecars in DLC than ever before, so I don't know where you got that idea from.

1 user liked this post.
#107 Posted : Tuesday, November 3, 2015 6:27:13 AM(UTC)
I have to be completely honest, I am completely astonished at this car pack. First and foremost, I can't express how happy I am to see the MP4/4 finally make its grand debut in Forza Motorsport. I have been asking for an Ayrton Senna F1 car since Forza 4! I really had thought my request would go unheard, and its announcement yesterday literally made my day. Secondly, my next favorite car in the pack, the Maserati, reminds me of the GT4 GranTurismo we had a few games back (white with blue stripes). It was an absolute joy to drive and sling around corners, leaving tons and tons of tire smoke behind; Im sure this Maserati will be much more of the same. I am quite surprised at the depth and diversity of this car pack in particular (frankly, a hallmark of the Forza series), and am excited to see other people so excited about cars that I had never heard of before. The Holden seems to be drawing so much attention to itself and people seem to adore it! Im really happy too to see the field of LMP cars beginning to become so deep. It isn't a series I am hugely familiar with, but the cars are absolutely fascinating and jam-packed with innovative technology. Im also intrigued and pleased by the inclusion of yet another Group 5 car! It will be very fun to get my friends together and run all of the Group 5s through their paces. I have to say, I am very very happy with Turn 10 this month and, so far, pleased with my purchase of the car pass (After the dismal car passes of Forza 5 and Horizon 2). I, personally, feel this car pack in particular is the best we have ever seen, and truly represents a microcosm of what Forza Motorsport is and represents. Keep up the good work, T10!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think both October and November have featured all new cars to Forza Motorsport (!!!)
#108 Posted : Tuesday, November 3, 2015 6:32:03 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: bravesdynasty52 Go to Quoted Post
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think both October and November have featured all new cars to Forza Motorsport (!!!)

Correct.

EDIT: Looking at this pack again, I realized that this pack does not contain something for everyone. While I cannot say that there isn't a car in here that people will end up liking in the end (I'm thinking the Datsun and Torana could be used for several purposes), if you are not a race car fan and the three road cars just scream "meh" to you, then there really isn't anything to look forward to for you. I'm not suggesting there should be a pack of just modern sports and super cars, nor a 90s JDM-only pack (that said, bubble economy JDMs are awesome), but this pack does seem to be more, say, one-sided over goodly balanced. I personally like this pack, but while there are some packs that people just complain about for the sake of complaining, this one, I can see why some people will be upset over it.

Edited by user Tuesday, November 3, 2015 6:51:02 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Thoughts on pack.

One of "The 50"
 3 users liked this post.
#109 Posted : Tuesday, November 3, 2015 6:34:43 AM(UTC)
I have nothing against odd ball cars, its good to have them. But its been two months of odd ball cars. We want a C63s coupe, ATS-V, new CTS-V, Jaguar CX-75, Bentley GT3-R, 488GTB, Mclaren 675LT, Focus RS and other newer anticipated performance cars with them. If i wanna drive a old datsun I'll play Gran turismo.

Edited by user Tuesday, November 3, 2015 6:43:28 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

9 users liked this post.
#110 Posted : Tuesday, November 3, 2015 6:52:03 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: MSPEED6 Go to Quoted Post
I But its been two months of odd ball cars. We want

* You want. Unless you're some sort of conglomerate entity, composed of multiple intelligences forming a single physical body, I would suggest you use the singular, first-person "I" when discussing your preferences.
More characters than sense.
 2 users liked this post.
#111 Posted : Tuesday, November 3, 2015 6:53:45 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: benjidordoni Go to Quoted Post

* You want. Unless you're some sort of conglomerate entity, composed of multiple intelligences forming a single physical body, I would suggest you use the singular, first-person "I" when discussing your preferences.

[Mod Edit - 'voting' for cars that don't exist in the game can be done in the Car Wish List thread at the top of the forum. - MM]

Edited by user Tuesday, November 3, 2015 6:56:14 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#112 Posted : Tuesday, November 3, 2015 7:02:51 AM(UTC)
I have nothing against odd ball cars, its good to have them. But its been two months of odd ball cars. We want a C63s coupe, ATS-V, new CTS-V, Jaguar CX-75, Bentley GT3-R, 488GTB, Mclaren 675LT, Focus RS and other newer anticipated performance cars with them. If i wanna drive a old datsun I'll play Gran turismo.

I don't see how the Datsun 2000 is an odd ball car at all. I don't have Gran Turismo, so I'm glad this car is coming to Forza.
#113 Posted : Tuesday, November 3, 2015 7:08:11 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: xJonxMonx56 Go to Quoted Post

if you are not a race car fan and the three road cars just scream "meh" to you, then there really isn't anything to look forward to for you.

Truthfully, Ive never understood people's obsession with road cars in this game. I think some folks need to recognize and remember the game is, in fact, titled Forza Motorsport; a fact that certainly implies we would see a roster of cars leaning towards a majority of racing cars, rather than road cars. It is fortunate that Horizon exists, and can provide an arena more suited for road cars in the first place. I may be in the minority here, but I wouldn't mind Forza Motorsport in the future removing road cars entirely, focusing on race cars, allowing Horizon to focus on road cars.
 2 users liked this post.
#114 Posted : Tuesday, November 3, 2015 7:10:54 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: xJonxMonx56 Go to Quoted Post

if you are not a race car fan and the three road cars just scream "meh" to you, then there really isn't anything to look forward to for you.

Truthfully, Ive never understood people's obsession with road cars in this game. I think some folks need to recognize and remember the game is, in fact, titled Forza Motorsport; a fact that certainly implies we would see a roster of cars leaning towards a majority of racing cars, rather than road cars. It is fortunate that Horizon exists, and can provide an arena more suited for road cars in the first place. I may be in the minority here, but I wouldn't mind Forza Motorsport in the future removing road cars entirely, focusing on race cars, allowing Horizon to focus on road cars.

Except most racing is done with modified road cars. Pesonally, I enjoy both.

Edited by user Tuesday, November 3, 2015 7:11:33 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

3 users liked this post.
#115 Posted : Tuesday, November 3, 2015 7:11:21 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: teacups73 Go to Quoted Post

I don't see how the Datsun 2000 is an odd ball car at all. I don't have Gran Turismo, so I'm glad this car is coming to Forza.

Actually, if you think about it, there is an "oddball" in the pack, the Prowler, which has pretty much no Motorsport history and something of a bad reputation. It, if anything, is the pack's "oddball", which made me realize that these DLCs seem to be following a pattern. Both have featured a modern LMP, a historic F1 car, a high-powered touring car, a classic road car, and a completely off-the-wall addition.

More characters than sense.
#116 Posted : Tuesday, November 3, 2015 7:15:42 AM(UTC)

Actually, if you think about it, there is an "oddball" in the pack, the Prowler, which has pretty much no Motorsport history and something of a bad reputation. It, if anything, is the pack's "oddball", which made me realize that these DLCs seem to be following a pattern. Both have featured a modern LMP, a historic F1 car, a high-powered touring car, a classic road car, and a completely off-the-wall addition.

Yeah, I could see that. Although, it's a lot less odd than Limo. I love that there is a mix of cars; even if it means there is a car or two in every pack that I really don't car about.
#117 Posted : Tuesday, November 3, 2015 7:17:53 AM(UTC)

That is what a huge majority of wishlist posts say though, you do realize that right? It's almost always: supercars and hypercars of some variety, Focus RS and Civic Type R, and something weird like Reliant Robin..... Oh and Porsche even though they should already know it's coming next year.
 2 users liked this post.
#118 Posted : Tuesday, November 3, 2015 7:21:43 AM(UTC)

[Mod Edit - 'voting' for cars that don't exist in the game can be done in the Car Wish List thread at the top of the forum. - MM]

lol clearly car wish list is a big waste of time.
#119 Posted : Tuesday, November 3, 2015 7:25:55 AM(UTC)

lol clearly car wish list is a big waste of time.

You spamming here isn't?
 1 user liked this post.
#120 Posted : Tuesday, November 3, 2015 7:27:57 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: o War Eagle o Go to Quoted Post

That is what a huge majority of wishlist posts say though, you do realize that right? It's almost always: supercars and hypercars of some variety, Focus RS and Civic Type R, and something weird like Reliant Robin..... Oh and Porsche even though they should already know it's coming next year.

So instead of fulfilling the majority's wishes they are focusing on a minority. I don't see very many posts about F1 cars compared to the kind of road legal cars that were in H2. And I like some endurance prototypes GT racing and F1 cars but I'd rather have track focused road cars like the Focus RS and clearly so would many others.
#121 Posted : Tuesday, November 3, 2015 7:30:58 AM(UTC)

So instead of fulfilling the majority's wishes they are focusing on a minority. I don't see very many posts about F1 cars compared to the kind of road legal cars that were in H2. And I like some endurance prototypes GT racing and F1 cars but I'd rather have track focused road cars like the Focus RS and clearly so would many others.

Personally, I'd have taken the MP4/4 over absolutely anything that's been added to any Forza game so for me, it's a great pack and I don't particularly feel we *need* more performance road cars now.

DLC isn't a one size fits all thing, everyone has their own tastes and don't forget it's not as simple for T10 as "Oh, well we'll just put this in".

Twitter: @RyHirons
#122 Posted : Tuesday, November 3, 2015 7:37:45 AM(UTC)
Except most racing is done with modified road cars.

You mean, like this month's GT4 Maserati?
FH4 Paints | Gallery
#123 Posted : Tuesday, November 3, 2015 7:44:08 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ClydeYellow Go to Quoted Post
Except most racing is done with modified road cars.

You mean, like this month's GT4 Maserati?

Assuming we're excluding karting, I was thinking more like amateur racers. SCCA club racing, MX-5, Lemon racing, autocross (which is probably by far the most popular). And if you throw in track days/schools it's an overwhelming majority.

If you go to your local track you'll probably see cars out there all the time and only a small percentage of that is pure purpose built race cars.
 4 users liked this post.
#124 Posted : Tuesday, November 3, 2015 7:45:58 AM(UTC)

T10 cant just look through the wish list and say "oh, lets add this car as it is the most requested!", or "the new Honda NSX is almost ready, lets plop it in game asap", and then just do it. They have to contact the manufacturer of the car first, work out a licensing contract that both parties are happy with. And then spend at least 6 months modeling it for the game, doing the programming side of things, and testing it. Only then can they pass it down to the us, the end users.

It doesn't matter how much people scream for these cars to be added, that is the route T10 (or any dev that deals with real cars/tracks/sponsors/etc) have to take to give us these cars. They can not just snap their fingers and have it done, as there is a lot of legal tape to cut through first. T10 are not going to waste their staffs working hours making these new cars, without a nice little contract saying they can use them first.

#125 Posted : Tuesday, November 3, 2015 7:46:53 AM(UTC)
When will the pack be relesed? It's almost 5 in the evnign for me and still no update on Forza 6
8 Pages<<34567>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error