This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
2 Pages12Next
Rank: Racing Permit
 1 user liked this post.
#1 Posted : Monday, October 26, 2015 5:40:48 PM(UTC)
Where are they? I can't believe there isn't a broad leaderboard function like the past two games. Does turn 10 think that's not necessary? I'm sure the community disagrees.

I'm having fun with the game but this was really overlooked or some bad compromise. Mod cards are a useless feature. I'm sure if they didn't have mods they would've had more time to add things that would make the game better. And I know this has likely been brought up, and I don't care to search for it to add another comment to a thread that turn10 will avoid. So this is mine and that's all I've got. I hope to see more updates make this the great game it could easily be!
Rank: Racing Permit
 1 user liked this post.
#2 Posted : Wednesday, October 28, 2015 8:33:33 AM(UTC)
Forza 7 wish list LOL, do wish they would make a league for drifting that they might be able to accomplish since they can't even give us a monthly drift rival to change things up.
Rank: Driver's Permit
 1 user liked this post.
#3 Posted : Wednesday, October 28, 2015 1:41:55 PM(UTC)
This isn't a wish list item. Its a downgrade from even early Forza generations. I've found many things I'm not happy with on Forza 6 but this is the most annoying. Its the reason I bought the game
Rank: B-Class Racing License
#4 Posted : Thursday, October 29, 2015 1:21:18 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: G00DLEY Go to Quoted Post
This isn't a wish list item. Its a downgrade from even early Forza generations. I've found many things I'm not happy with on Forza 6 but this is the most annoying. Its the reason I bought the game


me too... i always do drifting in all the forza but this time it seems like " ow drifting.. take this 3 rivals and deal with it " .. :(
Rank: R-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#5 Posted : Thursday, October 29, 2015 3:38:11 PM(UTC)
About time there's no drifting leaderboards...
That Turn 10 Twitch mod, and the one and only Skreamies the spectacular.
Rank: D-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#6 Posted : Thursday, October 29, 2015 7:41:31 PM(UTC)
They should just bring back all the old features I'm bored already and the games only been out like two months. These features that old players are accustomed to that played the forza motorsports franchise from day dot should be in game in my opinion because without them the game becomes very boring very quickly. I mostly tandem these days but I do like the odd points drift in the old hoppers and I'm not going to lie I would love to see how far away I am from other people and without leaderboards winning even becomes boring. I do tip my hat to turn 10 for making hoppers timed about time ! But in all seriousness bring back the old features already turn10 😊

12 Years On Forza , eSports Drift Association Owner (ESDA) , The Usual Suspects Leader (TUS)
Rank: D-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#7 Posted : Friday, October 30, 2015 2:09:03 AM(UTC)
As much as id want leaderboards back.. they were infested with douches using drag tires to exploite points.
Drifting in Forza from the very start.


Rank: Racing Permit
 1 user liked this post.
#8 Posted : Friday, October 30, 2015 6:47:16 AM(UTC)
Even on a personal level, to compare to your own previous runs, it would be nice to get more info. While I'm complaining... the tracks they choose for Unlimited RWD are so limited. For the number of tracks in the game and variations of each, they've given like 10 options :(
Rank: Racing Permit
 1 user liked this post.
#9 Posted : Friday, October 30, 2015 6:18:38 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Monkeymeat Go to Quoted Post
Even on a personal level, to compare to your own previous runs, it would be nice to get more info. While I'm complaining... the tracks they choose for Unlimited RWD are so limited. For the number of tracks in the game and variations of each, they've given like 10 options :(


At least they don't have six different versions of Top Gear in it lol.
Rank: Driver's Permit
#10 Posted : Friday, November 20, 2015 11:41:36 PM(UTC)
Game in simple term require players, set of actions/strategy that leads to different pay-off. Game setting with clear objectives.

Take away points system is like taking away poker chips from a poker game. It's an incomplete game. Sliding aimlessly in tandem with other players is not consider a game,

I still enjoy drifting in Forza, but to complete the drifting game matrix, it needs a well defined scoring and leaderboard system.

For some light-hearted discussion - is it worth investing in the new Xbox Elite controller?

Edited by user Saturday, November 21, 2015 1:33:41 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: D-Class Racing License
 2 users liked this post.
#11 Posted : Monday, November 23, 2015 3:18:19 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FujinWater Go to Quoted Post
As much as id want leaderboards back.. they were infested with douches using drag tires to exploite points.


'exploit'. Sure. Because drag tires work as a points multiplier.

Edited by user Monday, November 23, 2015 3:44:32 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Ken Block invented drifting in a pink FWD Miata powered by a naturally-aspirated 5-rotor....
Rank: Driver's Permit
#12 Posted : Thursday, November 26, 2015 7:38:32 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: delta hx Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: FujinWater Go to Quoted Post
As much as id want leaderboards back.. they were infested with douches using drag tires to exploite points.


'exploit'. Sure. Because drag tires work as a points multiplier.


It's not an exploit if everyone are able to legally choose this option.

However, Locking up your brakes and induce tires spinning to capture points is exploiting the system.

Edited by user Thursday, November 26, 2015 7:50:19 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: Driver's Permit
#13 Posted : Thursday, November 26, 2015 8:13:49 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ForcefulOdin35 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: delta hx Go to Quoted Post
[quote=FujinWater;406272]As much as id want leaderboards back.. they were infested with douches using drag tires to exploite points.


'exploit'. Sure. Because drag tires work as a points multiplier.


It's not an exploit if everyone is able to legally choose this option. Beside, they can easily restrict the use of drag tires in rival

However, Locking up your brakes and induce tire spin to maintain slip angle is exploiting the system.

Edited by user Thursday, November 26, 2015 8:55:05 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: D-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#14 Posted : Friday, November 27, 2015 1:32:02 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ForcefulOdin35 Go to Quoted Post


It's not an exploit if everyone is able to legally choose this option. Beside, they can easily restrict the use of drag tires in rival

However, Locking up your brakes and induce tire spin to maintain slip angle is exploiting the system.


Eh, if the physics let you do it... Plus, it isn't easy to do that kind of stuff. Good points drifting isn't as easy as people think.
Ken Block invented drifting in a pink FWD Miata powered by a naturally-aspirated 5-rotor....
Rank: Driver's Permit
#15 Posted : Saturday, November 28, 2015 1:41:08 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: delta hx Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: ForcefulOdin35 Go to Quoted Post


It's not an exploit if everyone is able to legally choose this option. Beside, they can easily restrict the use of drag tires in rival

However, Locking up your brakes and induce tire spin to maintain slip angle is exploiting the system.


Eh, if the physics let you do it... Plus, it isn't easy to do that kind of stuff. Good points drifting isn't as easy as people think.



Of course it take skill to exploit the system. My point is not about the level of difficulty, but doing things to trick the system in order to gain advantage.

Using drag tires is not tricking the system, its choose a setup to maximize your ability to win.

Finally, I agree with you that point drifting is quite difficult.
Rank: Driver's License
#16 Posted : Tuesday, December 15, 2015 12:51:11 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: PTG Chunky Go to Quoted Post
They should just bring back all the old features I'm bored already and the games only been out like two months. These features that old players are accustomed to that played the forza motorsports franchise from day dot should be in game in my opinion because without them the game becomes very boring very quickly. I mostly tandem these days but I do like the odd points drift in the old hoppers and I'm not going to lie I would love to see how far away I am from other people and without leaderboards winning even becomes boring. I do tip my hat to turn 10 for making hoppers timed about time ! But in all seriousness bring back the old features already turn10 😊



My ONLY issue with the timer, is everyone feels they have to hurry and get back on track if they spin out or whatever. It's caused more wrecks and loss of common drift etiquette.
FM3,4,5,6. Team Nightmare (EVIL) http://www.forzamotorspo...id=2080827&full=true
Rank: Driver's License
#17 Posted : Tuesday, December 15, 2015 12:55:50 PM(UTC)
[quote=ForcefulOdin35;420814

For some light-hearted discussion - is it worth investing in the new Xbox Elite controller?[/quote]

YeS it is. Well if you're asking about the forza edition that is.

FM3,4,5,6. Team Nightmare (EVIL) http://www.forzamotorspo...id=2080827&full=true
Rank: C-Class Racing License
#18 Posted : Wednesday, December 23, 2015 6:52:56 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Monkeymeat Go to Quoted Post
Where are they? I can't believe there isn't a broad leaderboard function like the past two games. Does turn 10 think that's not necessary? I'm sure the community disagrees.

I'm having fun with the game but this was really overlooked or some bad compromise. Mod cards are a useless feature. I'm sure if they didn't have mods they would've had more time to add things that would make the game better. And I know this has likely been brought up, and I don't care to search for it to add another comment to a thread that turn10 will avoid. So this is mine and that's all I've got. I hope to see more updates make this the great game it could easily be!


Drag leaderboards found!!!

You guys may want to check this out. Basically hidden drag leaderboards have been found but are inaccessible unless you have certain conditions "lack of connection" going on in the game. I say that to say this more than likely the same applys to point drifting. Lbs are more than likely there... Just no link. I'm gonna check later tonite and I'll report back with a picture of a leaderboard if it's there..
Drag Lives Matter!!!
dyno
Rank: C-Class Racing License
#19 Posted : Thursday, December 24, 2015 7:18:26 AM(UTC)
I checked no drift leaderboards hidden...☚ī¸
Drag Lives Matter!!!
dyno
Rank: B-Class Racing License
#20 Posted : Wednesday, January 6, 2016 1:53:06 PM(UTC)
I think they have done a great job with Forza 6.Its the player mentality i have issues with.The same issues that play a part in game development.
Changes made were necessary due to leaderboard glitcher's ,store front hackers and crash test dummies.Its logical progression of the game.
How else do you improve a game/players experience than to address known issues?
Im 5 days in to forza 6 and regularly place 1st in online events.70k in 3 drifts with stock tyres on the alps circuit in a bowler,68k in a skyline GTR
And no i do not drag the e-brake.
Its not the game that has issues its the players in my opinion.

Edited by user Wednesday, January 6, 2016 1:54:57 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: Driver's Permit
#21 Posted : Wednesday, January 27, 2016 6:45:55 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: PS3 EATER Go to Quoted Post
I think they have done a great job with Forza 6.Its the player mentality i have issues with.The same issues that play a part in game development.
Changes made were necessary due to leaderboard glitcher's ,store front hackers and crash test dummies.Its logical progression of the game.
How else do you improve a game/players experience than to address known issues?
Im 5 days in to forza 6 and regularly place 1st in online events.70k in 3 drifts with stock tyres on the alps circuit in a bowler,68k in a skyline GTR
And no i do not drag the e-brake.
Its not the game that has issues its the players in my opinion.


The game seems to have lost it's soul with the loss of the auction house and select leaderboards. 80k+ laps are normal for me on Bernese Alps Club... but there is little to no competition. Some friends I know got bored of the selection of tracks and of course, racers, and so they gave up their points drifting. Personally, I got bored of Forza 6 because of the lack of content and innovation. It's just Forza 5.5 in my opinion.
Rank: D-Class Racing License
#22 Posted : Thursday, January 28, 2016 10:55:54 AM(UTC)
Nah.
Get on my door instead.
(Joking, joking. I really don't understand why they cut that out for this game - even car crews are nonexistent now.)
Being a Veteran doesn't mean that you bury the young talent.
It means that you know talent when you see it.
Rank: B-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#23 Posted : Saturday, January 30, 2016 4:30:38 AM(UTC)
80k+ laps on Bernese Alps Club require brake dragging on corner exits.I find this dirty,low class drifting and refuse to do it myself.
Rank: Driver's Permit
#24 Posted : Tuesday, February 2, 2016 1:38:39 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: PS3 EATER Go to Quoted Post
80k+ laps on Bernese Alps Club require brake dragging on corner exits.I find this dirty,low class drifting and refuse to do it myself.


You can always clutch kick and, depending on the tune, only use the normal brake. But I gotcha, brake drifting exploits all the room that a car has to get points. It's just a habit of mine now.
Rank: Driver's License
#25 Posted : Monday, September 26, 2016 11:23:38 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: SCS Skreamies Go to Quoted Post
About time there's no drifting leaderboards...


I've found most that dislike that aren't much on points drifting. Which is fine, but top tier drifters can do both points and tandem very well. Just some food for thought.
FM3,4,5,6. Team Nightmare (EVIL) http://www.forzamotorspo...id=2080827&full=true
2 Pages12Next

Notification

Icon
Error