This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
5 Pages<<2345PrevNext
 1 user liked this post.
#76 Posted : Wednesday, June 1, 2016 9:38:54 AM(UTC)
This has been a very informative guide. Just recently got back into forza and got into a good group of racers with leagues I'm familiar with. Haven't played since Forza 1 but played many other racers in between till now. I can't wait to put this to the test on a build for a series that starts soon. I'd be happy with finishing in middle of the pack till I get all the new features down.

The forza app isn't to bad for a base tune in my opinion but I just don't have the time to play with set up week in and week out. Especially with work and trying to get lap time in to get ready for that weeks course.
#77 Posted : Wednesday, June 1, 2016 7:19:45 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: WildmanCB Go to Quoted Post
This has been a very informative guide. Just recently got back into forza and got into a good group of racers with leagues I'm familiar with. Haven't played since Forza 1 but played many other racers in between till now. I can't wait to put this to the test on a build for a series that starts soon. I'd be happy with finishing in middle of the pack till I get all the new features down.

The forza app isn't to bad for a base tune in my opinion but I just don't have the time to play with set up week in and week out. Especially with work and trying to get lap time in to get ready for that weeks course.

Well hope it works out well for you dude, league racing can be so much fun and defo brings racing in Forza to a whole new level.
Just keep in mind this guide is designed to provide a good strong Base setup for lobby racing. From week to week you probably will have to alter your tune depend on the track, just enough to keep you running with the pack.
If you have any questions or need help with anything just jump on here and fire away, I check the forum at least once a day. 😆
#78 Posted : Tuesday, June 7, 2016 8:05:02 PM(UTC)
Bump
 1 user liked this post.
#79 Posted : Wednesday, June 8, 2016 11:56:56 AM(UTC)
I've been using this guide to tune. It works really well. I seem to be having trouble with all of my build understeering on corner exit. Do you have any suggestions to fix that. Decreasing front rebound doesn't seem to help and I don't think it is ARB's.
#80 Posted : Wednesday, June 8, 2016 1:09:35 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Bokeefus Go to Quoted Post
I've been using this guide to tune. It works really well. I seem to be having trouble with all of my build understeering on corner exit. Do you have any suggestions to fix that. Decreasing front rebound doesn't seem to help and I don't think it is ARB's.

So if the issue is the front then you can try, assuming all other attempts haven't worked, using an old forza trick of setting ARB's to 1 and 40 or some variation 10 and 30.
Beware this may require you to change other aspects of your tune.
Alternatively and much more simply you can try using a little more negative camber on the front and/or a positive value on the front toe, I wouldn't suggest higher than 0.3 though.

Hope this helps dude, let me know 😉

Edited by user Wednesday, June 8, 2016 1:10:45 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#81 Posted : Wednesday, June 8, 2016 2:14:46 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Bokeefus Go to Quoted Post

Per Worms sticky tuning guide you should in this case raise front rebound and lower rear bump.

You could also try increasing the accel.

In no way I want to hijack the thread but Worms guide from my experience is pretty accurate when it comes to fixing specific issues.

Edited by user Wednesday, June 8, 2016 2:17:20 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#82 Posted : Wednesday, June 8, 2016 8:50:21 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: fifty inch Go to Quoted Post

Per Worms sticky tuning guide you should in this case raise front rebound and lower rear bump.

You could also try increasing the accel.

In no way I want to hijack the thread but Worms guide from my experience is pretty accurate when it comes to fixing specific issues.

Thanks for the input dude 😉 that's why it's a community, should always look at multiple sources and not take one as gospel. In this sense it will help to enrich someone's tuning abilities by try and incorporating different techniques.
Have ago using mine aswell dude, always appreciate the feedback 😆

Edited by user Wednesday, June 8, 2016 8:52:47 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#83 Posted : Sunday, June 12, 2016 11:03:17 AM(UTC)
Additional notes added to the Anti-Roll Bars section
#84 Posted : Wednesday, June 22, 2016 4:17:31 PM(UTC)
Bump 😉
 1 user liked this post.
#85 Posted : Wednesday, June 22, 2016 9:15:31 PM(UTC)
I've previously expressed my appreciation for the work shared here but wanted to come back in with some more feedback:

With the announcement of FH3 and the impending arrival of Tier 10, I thought I would attempt to go back to the older titles and see if I could grab some points.

I've now used this guide with FH2, FM5, FH, FM4, FM3 and FM2.

It's giving me very consistent and useable results and saving me a heap of time from fiddling.

Once, again, very grateful for this share.

I've put your work into an Excel spreadsheet and performed conversions to get it to work with metric units as well. Saves me a heap of time in tuning.
Click to watch Sim and Realword Driving Videos

PC & XB1
Next Level Racing GT Ultimate v2
Fanatec Clubsport: Wheelbase v2.5 | Inverted Pedals v3 | SQ Shifter v1.5 | Universal Hub for XB1
#86 Posted : Thursday, June 23, 2016 5:59:45 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: RaindancerAU Go to Quoted Post
I've previously expressed my appreciation for the work shared here but wanted to come back in with some more feedback:

With the announcement of FH3 and the impending arrival of Tier 10, I thought I would attempt to go back to the older titles and see if I could grab some points.

I've now used this guide with FH2, FM5, FH, FM4, FM3 and FM2.

It's giving me very consistent and useable results and saving me a heap of time from fiddling.

Once, again, very grateful for this share.

I've put your work into an Excel spreadsheet and performed conversions to get it to work with metric units as well. Saves me a heap of time in tuning.

So glad you've got so much use out it, so you've really gone to town trying it out on other forza titles aswell, I see no reason why this wouldn't work with the upcoming FH3. I expect the tuning will remain as ever the same.

So you've basically made a tuning calculator from my work?? 😃 nice, I would very much like to have a look at that. BTW updates have been made recently to the guide so you may like to review it.

As always thanks again.
#87 Posted : Friday, June 24, 2016 8:06:32 AM(UTC)
This edit comes with thanks to PTG Baby Cow he left a comment on another one of my posts that I think people will find very useful.

Edited by user Friday, June 24, 2016 8:07:12 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#88 Posted : Saturday, July 23, 2016 6:41:57 PM(UTC)
Nearly 10k hits nice, hope your all still getting good use out of this.
#89 Posted : Saturday, September 10, 2016 10:41:04 AM(UTC)
Just keeping it up there 😉
 1 user liked this post.
#90 Posted : Monday, October 31, 2016 10:40:14 PM(UTC)
This guide is absolute genius and makes total sense!
Do you have a wet setup guide or some guidelines to follow?
#91 Posted : Sunday, January 8, 2017 12:00:56 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: BATT3RSBY 92 Go to Quoted Post
This guide is absolute genius and makes total sense!
Do you have a wet setup guide or some guidelines to follow?

Sorry I've not replied in so long, firstly I'm glad you like it and still getting lots of use out of it. Secondly I don't have a wet tyre guide. Though a few little pointers, if you happen to be in high classes apply wets in lower classes you can't always afford the PI, so instead fit in what you can.
Increasing your tyre pressure by say 5 psi or so should help a little. As this will increase tyre temperature in cold wet conditions and if you soften your susspension a little bit, equally on both ends, this may help by increase mechanical grip.
Adjust bumps etc accordingly, hope this helps 😊
#92 Posted : Sunday, January 8, 2017 1:13:49 AM(UTC)
Wet Tyre Mini Guide Update
#93 Posted : Sunday, April 16, 2017 2:27:48 PM(UTC)
Just keeping it up there 👍😊
 1 user liked this post.
#94 Posted : Wednesday, April 26, 2017 12:08:14 PM(UTC)
awesome work!!!

Been using your guide alot the last few dyas as i am a complete noob at tunig, but refuse to use someone else's pre setup build :p

Any specific tips to set up awd cars? im a subaru guy and im making an impreza for each class. Happy with my Aclass build, not happy with the S and R build.. car goes all over the place.. i think i am struggling with the aero part the most :/

also, do you have a metric friendly file? (kg's and mm's)

Cheers,
Mike

Edited by user Wednesday, April 26, 2017 12:09:27 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#95 Posted : Thursday, May 4, 2017 7:23:38 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Matic BE Go to Quoted Post
awesome work!!!

Been using your guide alot the last few dyas as i am a complete noob at tunig, but refuse to use someone else's pre setup build :p

Any specific tips to set up awd cars? im a subaru guy and im making an impreza for each class. Happy with my Aclass build, not happy with the S and R build.. car goes all over the place.. i think i am struggling with the aero part the most :/

also, do you have a metric friendly file? (kg's and mm's)

Cheers,
Mike

Hey sorry it's been so long to reply, how have you got on? Glad you finding the guide and calc useful and don't sweat the "NOOB" deal, that's what it's there for to get you started.
Come on, who doesn't love a good Scubbie? You can get some very fast Scubbies, Evo's and Skylines actually, in A and S specifically. Personally I haven't tried ether of them in R.

TIPS well for the builds if your having trouble you can try the following.

1) Download a tune from someone in a lobby or more commonly from the leaderboards.
2) Apply the tune to a new car from the store, then remove the tune.
3) Go back to your upgrades, you will notice parts that you purchased for the tune you downloaded. Put them back on.
4) You have now COPIED the build.
5) Always check to see if you can improve the build.

Note: sometimes if a tune has turbos it can glitch after you remove it, stopping you from putting turbos back on. But it doesn't happen that often.

You can also turn on SIM steering from you assist, you can also do this in a lobby by clicking on your name, Normal steering on AWD often creates unwanted understeer. For other tuning tips please refer to the guide.

I believe Clark's web-based spreadsheet, which I think is downloadable to use offline, has the option to change to metric units.

Other than that keep practicing your lines, when your confident knock of an assist, get used to that, and then repeat. FYI most people run, Break only line, NO ABS, TCS or STM. Manual w/clutch and cosmetic damage. Steering anything but assisted.

You may wish to go to controller settings from the main menu also, once there hit X to go to advance settings. You should see a load of deadzones, to all Inside to 0 and all Outside to 100. This should allow instant input when you apply any type of input.

Only thing to do is to welcome you to the Forza community and wish you all the best and happy racing 👍😁
#96 Posted : Wednesday, May 17, 2017 10:27:36 AM(UTC)
NEW CALC SPREADSHEETS AVAILABLE, PLEASE LEAVE FEEDBACK.
#97 Posted : Friday, May 26, 2017 4:38:54 PM(UTC)
So it's been over a week since I released my new tune system, how have you guys been getting on with it?
#98 Posted : Thursday, July 27, 2017 4:00:20 PM(UTC)
Bump 👍😉
 1 user liked this post.
#99 Posted : Sunday, November 5, 2017 5:32:52 AM(UTC)
There is now an updated version available for FM7 available.
#100 Posted : Sunday, December 10, 2017 12:02:55 PM(UTC)
Fixed an issue with the "lowest sring rate" section where data could not be put in.
5 Pages<<2345PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error