14 Pages<<34567>>PrevNext
 1 user liked this post.
#101 Posted : Wednesday, October 7, 2015 11:11:30 AM(UTC)
Just purchased this game on Monday to help increase my Forza Rewards program level, and am very disappointed the game has no in-game messaging stating this. Looks like I will need to return this game back to GameStop.

Bad form Turn10, Bad form. You and Microsoft need to communicate better!
#102 Posted : Wednesday, October 7, 2015 11:28:48 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: GandalfWhite659 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: JimB3 Go to Quoted Post
.... If Turn 10 had taken the time to send a message to the FM4 users about a month before the EOL, I bet they would have sold thousands if not tens of thousands of copies of the DLCs. They could have had a 10% off sale to increase sales more. People seeing that this was their last chance to get the DLC would have bought it.

What is the cost of sending that one message? What did it cost them not to send it? May be hundreds of thousands of dollars. This doesn't sound like a smart business decision.

ManteoMax's initial post in this thread reveals Turn10 wasn't initially aware why FM4 DLC content had been removed from the Microsoft store, which suggests Microsoft pulled the content without giving T10 a heads up. You'd expect them act as a single company regarding content availability but apparently this isn't the case.

I agree T10 could have provided better customer and/or cashed out by messaging before the FM4 DLC ended, but they either didn't have the info, or prioritized fixing FM6 bugs.
I get the feeling it's interoffice. Legal department keeps up with that and they have no real awareness about the public relations side of the removal or there is just a breakdown in communication between legal and PR about the removal. It definitely sounds like the PR side had no idea it had happened until afterwards. Turn10 is the one that signs the contracts with automakers so someone at the company knew when it was coming to an end.

Also, please keep in mind about my Porsche Pack post that you buy that at your own risk. I'm just passing along what some other person on the internet found and posted. I would think amazon would give a refund for a code that doesn't work since it is being sold by Amazon, not a third party seller, but that is your risk so please don't blame me if it doesn't work. And please let people know one way or the other. Also, those links don't seem to work, but just search Forza Porsche Pack on Amazon or Forza 4 codes on Ebay.

#103 Posted : Wednesday, October 7, 2015 11:59:01 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: JDawgg77 Go to Quoted Post
Most of the time when an item is removed from the store codes for that item still work. Rare exceptions include Double Dragon and FM3 content. When FM3 content disappeared it was no longer available by code or to redownload thru download history, but that was fixed shortly afterwards. Last I heard the only code that still doesn't work for FM3 is the Stig Pack. People are selling the FM3 VIP code for $30 to $70 online and people state it worked when they bought it.

Here's what the guy said:

PsiScream, on 06 Oct 2015 - 10:08 PM, said:

I also managed to get and install the Porsche Expansion Pack from Amazon It's full price, but hey, late to the party.

Inspired by this success I also picked up the bonus track and car pack DLC from this guy on eBay. Code worked and installed: http://www.ebay.com/...=item19f2e47d21

Sorting through my stack of misc codes that I haven't used, I found the one for the September Pennzoil car pack, and the pre-order bonus Dodge Challenger SRT8 392.

When all was said and done, I think I have most of the DLC content apart from the Alpinestars pack, and 4 of the $7 car packs. Not bad for a game that's been pulled from the Marketplace!

It's too bad, as far as I know, that the monthly packs were never sold as codes. The stuff I have found on eBay only consists of pre order bonuses and codes included with the launch version of the game.
#104 Posted : Wednesday, October 7, 2015 12:04:43 PM(UTC)
I purchased the Season Pass and VIP pass on the 23 September 2015. The VIP seems to be ok but I didn't download the Season Pass' Car packs and still can't so I am now £7.99 out of pocket. If the DLC's have finished and have been withdrawn I think I'm well within my rights to request a refund, or have I been ripped off? How do I go about requesting a refund Turn 10?
#105 Posted : Wednesday, October 7, 2015 12:28:31 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: lfcjohn Go to Quoted Post
A quick note that Forza Horizon Season pass is on sale now (50% off), i'll definitely buy it first to have the necessary car pack for 1000 club achievement and also rally expansion which also included.

Grab it before it reach EOL again.....

I see it at 75% off for Gold members so buying it for sure, and downloading everything to my download history whether I can get it on my Xbox's hard drive or not.
#106 Posted : Wednesday, October 7, 2015 12:49:43 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Super Barcud Go to Quoted Post
I purchased the Season Pass and VIP pass on the 23 September 2015. The VIP seems to be ok but I didn't download the Season Pass' Car packs and still can't so I am now £7.99 out of pocket. If the DLC's have finished and have been withdrawn I think I'm well within my rights to request a refund, or have I been ripped off? How do I go about requesting a refund Turn 10?

I wish you the best of luck on getting a refund.
#107 Posted : Wednesday, October 7, 2015 5:21:11 PM(UTC)
So far I've only heard of people getting denied a refund when contacting Xbox Support. Good Luck.

FYI, the Porsche Pack is available on Gamestop.com as well as Amazon. What's Europe's equivalent? Game? Try there maybe. Also, microsoftstore.com has FM3 Ultimate for $30 with free shipping.

#108 Posted : Wednesday, October 7, 2015 7:20:55 PM(UTC)

FYI, the Porsche Pack is available on Gamestop.com as well as Amazon. What's Europe's equivalent? Game? Try there maybe. Also, microsoftstore.com has FM3 Ultimate for $30 with free shipping.

I bought the Porsche Pack from Amazon.com and it appears to work. This is the only DLC I was really interested in, so I'm somewhat happy.

Addition: Because it worked for me doesn't mean it will work for you.

Edited by user Wednesday, October 7, 2015 7:21:39 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Addition

#109 Posted : Wednesday, October 7, 2015 8:13:21 PM(UTC)

I bought the Porsche Pack from Amazon.com and it appears to work. This is the only DLC I was really interested in, so I'm somewhat happy.

Thanks for letting everyone know. I hadn't heard one way or the other so I put that disclaimer in my post to be sure. You're the fourth person I've seen post online in the last day that has said it does work still.

Also of note, I dug around and found some old posts of mine on another forum and found that FM3 DLC was pulled 8-31-2013 or two months before four years after release. FM4 DLC got pulled about one month before the four year mark. I wouldn't push that four year mark with Forza Horizon next year.

Someone on another forum states that they had downloaded all but one of the free cars for Forza 4 a long time ago. They bought VIP and season pass on it's last sale before it was pulled. Then they redownloaded those free cars. Then they played the game for the very first time and they have all of the cars from the season pass packs except the month where they didn't download the free car. Anyone download the free cars that has bought the season pass? Try redownloading the free cars and see if that works.

Edited by user Wednesday, October 7, 2015 8:19:04 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#110 Posted : Wednesday, October 7, 2015 11:47:22 PM(UTC)
Damn it, I really didn’t expect it. You know T10, I really believed in the fact that you’ve changed. After months of broken rewards system, no solution to unobtainable Unicorn achievement (not even with a stub car or a 10 year celebration car), I seriously wrote you off and didn’t want to buy FM6. However, when it went gold, you started to fix everything that was broken and even though you still didn’t create something to fix the grief of all completionists, I thought that you actually started caring about community once again (I understand how the last few months prior to new release are daunting and hard). So I bought FM6 Ultimate, even though starting from July it was hell for me financially (due to very grievous personal things that I won’t go into), I wanted to support you, support the efforts of finally fixing community problems and requests.

My wife finally got into Forza, thanks to Horizon, so I started buying her everything starting from the most recent games. When I finally get to Forza 4, the DLC is no more and tokens have vanished. Without any announcement. And from where do I find out what happened? From the forums. Even though I have a game with a fully functional in-game messaging system, and wait a minute, I was logging in the game for the last month. Yet I found out from the forums.

It’s not a legal department issue, because it’s not the first time you’ve done this. The first time it happened you should’ve done everything to avoid it. It’s not a bug or a glitch, it’s a question of whose interests are more important for you. So this only begs the question will you (T10 and MS) go out of your way to right this wrong by negotiating to open a window at least for a week or two, or you will ignore this like before. If it’s the latter, than as much as it pains me, I don’t see any reason to support you after FM6.

I’ve tried Forza series in October 2014 when I finally bought 360, but haven’t actually played on it until march of 2015. In less than 7 months I’ve gone through every one of Forza games. Damn, a Forza title was my only game for this 7 months, I still have DA Inquisition, Arkham Knight and many other X1 titles sealed and waiting, not to mention tons of 360 titles (or PC for that matter). And yet this is how I’ve been greeted on every iteration of the franchise. Too late for FM2 (yet no stub was created to give this 100% completion), FM3 – too late for DLC, Ultimate edition was bought for nothing, as no codes worked, FM4 – no stub to fix the unobtainable achievement, FM5 – an incomplete game, lacking a lot of content, not to mention some bad monetization techniques at launch. And now FM4 DLC is gone without any prior notice, with the most horrific communication and the reasoning that doesn't explain the removal of tokens/avatar merchandise.

And all of this with a rewards system based on the stripped away content. I can’t understand this neither as a consumer, nor as a software engineer.
#111 Posted : Thursday, October 8, 2015 2:18:18 AM(UTC)

Damn so I was going to buy it... USA residents only.... They screwed me again!
#112 Posted : Thursday, October 8, 2015 3:50:46 AM(UTC)
How do you re-download the packs?? I've tried through dashboard and previous downloads, it says download complete but the cars don't show up in-game...
#113 Posted : Thursday, October 8, 2015 8:38:02 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Flameis Go to Quoted Post
How do you re-download the packs?? I've tried through dashboard and previous downloads, it says download complete but the cars don't show up in-game...

This. I'm afraid to delete the free car and then try to redownload them.

#114 Posted : Thursday, October 8, 2015 9:07:57 AM(UTC)

Try contacting support.xbox.com to see if they'll refund something you bought and never received - looking over my XB receipts, none of 'em state "must be redeemed by...". If they refuse and you paid by credit card, call the issuing bank, tell them you never received the product and request reimbursement for that purchase.
Haven't mastered hitting the apex, which explains my half fast comments.
#115 Posted : Thursday, October 8, 2015 10:20:46 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: GandalfWhite659 Go to Quoted Post

Try contacting support.xbox.com to see if they'll refund something you bought and never received - looking over my XB receipts, none of 'em state "must be redeemed by...". If they refuse and you paid by credit card, call the issuing bank, tell them you never received the product and request reimbursement for that purchase.

I've done this twice, and as soon as I suggest that the packs have been discontinued they stop chatting! Actually haven't phoned my credit card, good idea.

Edited by user Thursday, October 8, 2015 10:33:30 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#116 Posted : Thursday, October 8, 2015 11:00:31 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Black 97 Kouki Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Flameis Go to Quoted Post

This. I'm afraid to delete the free car and then try to redownload them.

Although you SHOULD always be able to redownload anything from your history (there have been a few cases where that wasn't true although I think most were temporary), definitely don't delete the free car. Transfer it to another save device such as an external HD/memory card/thumb drive instead. I've got my discontinued items copied to multiple places just in case of a failure.

Excellent idea about the credit card contact for those who used a CC and not credit. I didn't think of that.

Edited by user Thursday, October 8, 2015 11:01:53 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#117 Posted : Thursday, October 8, 2015 12:07:25 PM(UTC)
Hey guys, they have the Porsche pack on gamestop for 19$. I read about a guy on here who bought it from Amazon and it may have worked, but will it still work if I bought the gamestop version?
 1 user liked this post.
#118 Posted : Thursday, October 8, 2015 12:18:33 PM(UTC)
Seems to be dloading from Amazon. Still not very happy. Buying the VIP was supposed to give me a discount. I can't buy tokens and I can't get a Unicorn car. I don't think you should EVER tie achievements to something that might make the achievement impossible to get in the future. Furthermore, I don't see how a Unicorn car or tokens could be removed for a licensing issue. If so, please explain. Believe it or not there is a way to right this wrong T10 it is just a matter of if you want to.
#119 Posted : Thursday, October 8, 2015 12:30:47 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Triclonz Go to Quoted Post
Hey guys, they have the Porsche pack on gamestop for 19$. I read about a guy on here who bought it from Amazon and it may have worked, but will it still work if I bought the gamestop version?

I'm the guy that bought it on Amazon. It cost $19.99.
#120 Posted : Thursday, October 8, 2015 5:16:11 PM(UTC)
A code is a code no matter where you buy it. I'm the one who posted about it being available at Amazon and Gamestop for $19.99. Since I already have it I cannot personally vouch for it, but others on different forums discussing this issue have stated their codes worked from both stores. I've seen five or so people say it worked from Amazon and two say it worked from Gamestop.

Originally Posted by: AKA Pho3nix Go to Quoted Post
Seems to be dloading from Amazon. Still not very happy. Buying the VIP was supposed to give me a discount. I can't buy tokens and I can't get a Unicorn car. I don't think you should EVER tie achievements to something that might make the achievement impossible to get in the future. Furthermore, I don't see how a Unicorn car or tokens could be removed for a licensing issue. If so, please explain. Believe it or not there is a way to right this wrong T10 it is just a matter of if you want to.
The VIP discount only worked buying the Porsche Pack in game (and only applied to the regular price, never applied to a sale price) and it was only 20% off. Meanwhile the PP was on sale for 50% off a total of four or five times in the marketplace. Tokens I agree with and achievements that end up impossible I agree with, but servers close a lot so this is not an isolated issue. Unicorns aren't being affected by this DLC issue though. It's because T10 no longer gives them out and there is no other way to get them except to get a VIP code for FM3 (included in the LCE), have the proper car from the VIP pack (there were two that worked) in your FM3 garage and start a new save file in FM4 so that car transfers into your FM4 garage.

#121 Posted : Thursday, October 8, 2015 10:40:38 PM(UTC)
So I didn't give up, I remembered I had a borderlinx account from way back, so i dug up my American shipping information and punched that into Amazon.com as the postal address allowing me to access there digital content from Australia. 20 bucks later the porsche pack is downloading!! Very excited!!

Now I wonder if there's a way to get some other cars I missed out on.... I really want an FRS!

Edited by user Thursday, October 8, 2015 10:45:23 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#122 Posted : Thursday, October 8, 2015 11:59:31 PM(UTC)
A code is a code no matter where you buy it. I'm the one who posted about it being available at Amazon and Gamestop for $19.99. Since I already have it I cannot personally vouch for it, but others on different forums discussing this issue have stated their codes worked from both stores. I've seen five or so people say it worked from Amazon and two say it worked from Gamestop.

The VIP discount only worked buying the Porsche Pack in game (and only applied to the regular price, never applied to a sale price) and it was only 20% off. Meanwhile the PP was on sale for 50% off a total of four or five times in the marketplace. Tokens I agree with and achievements that end up impossible I agree with, but servers close a lot so this is not an isolated issue. Unicorns aren't being affected by this DLC issue though. It's because T10 no longer gives them out and there is no other way to get them except to get a VIP code for FM3 (included in the LCE), have the proper car from the VIP pack (there were two that worked) in your FM3 garage and start a new save file in FM4 so that car transfers into your FM4 garage.

May I know if forza 3 VIP code included in the LCE can be redeemed?

You'll never play alone!
#123 Posted : Friday, October 9, 2015 5:26:41 AM(UTC)
I also just bought the Porsche Pack from Amazon and can confirm I was able to download albeit after a slight hiccup. In case anyone else takes the same route but ends up not being able to download it, clearing cache and re-downloading it from the download history in the account tab resolved my issue.

Edited by user Friday, October 9, 2015 5:27:27 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#124 Posted : Friday, October 9, 2015 8:03:15 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: lfcjohn Go to Quoted Post

May I know if forza 3 VIP code included in the LCE can be redeemed?

People are selling them and buyers vouch for the purchases, but it's all strangers on the internet. There is a thread on trueachievements.com where a guy just sold his and the buyer stated it worked when people asked. That seller is like me and tried to warn people when the DLC hit sales at odd times both with FM3 and FM4 and he's a really helpful guy on TA so as far as randoms online go I trust him a little more than most.

After delistings codes almost always work except for a few rare instances. FM3 codes were one rare instance and stopped working briefly when the removal occurred and after about a week they were reinstated except for the Stig Pack code which has never worked since delisting and still doesn't. All that said, buying codes online can always be tricky so you have to be careful.

Also, I'm ecstatic that people have been able to acquire the Porsche Pack thru amazon/gamestop. Glad to help.

Edited by user Friday, October 9, 2015 8:04:15 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#125 Posted : Friday, October 9, 2015 8:13:20 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Eddie House 55 Go to Quoted Post
So I didn't give up, I remembered I had a borderlinx account from way back, so i dug up my American shipping information and punched that into Amazon.com as the postal address allowing me to access there digital content from Australia. 20 bucks later the porsche pack is downloading!! Very excited!!

Now I wonder if there's a way to get some other cars I missed out on.... I really want an FRS!

Was the code region-locked when you downloaded it?

14 Pages<<34567>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error