14 Pages1234>>PrevNext
 2 users liked this post.
#26 Posted : Tuesday, September 29, 2015 1:22:52 PM(UTC)
Lol claaaaaaaaasic T10.

I suppose when they yank the storefront and AH it'll be with zero notice as well
 1 user liked this post.
#27 Posted : Tuesday, September 29, 2015 2:11:24 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ARainbowCubed Go to Quoted Post
And what exactly is it supposed to mean when the dlc has "reached the end of its life"? 4 years is too long to have dlc listed on the markeptplace? Well that's odd, because last I checked, the dlc for NFS: Carbon, which is NINE years old, is till up. As is the dlc for Burnout: Paradise, which is SEVEN years old. And these both from EA, a company that is supposedly worse than T10. Not to mention, they have a whole webpage dedicated to letting people know when their servers for certain games are going to be shut off instead of just up and doing it and forgetting about the players! Well, I may have already bought Forza 6, but unless something is done to rectify this, 6 will be the last T10 product I ever buy! Such despicable customer care!

Absolutely ! How do you explain Turn 10?

We await your response Turn 10 ...
 2 users liked this post.
#28 Posted : Tuesday, September 29, 2015 2:30:50 PM(UTC)
HI everyone,

Thanks to all of you who have let us know how you feel about this situation. I totally understand the frustration and would like to apologize for not giving the FM4 community more notice about this EOL change.

The reason we "EOL" content like this is due to contractual licensing obligations. What that means is that unfortunately, we cannot "re-open the window" to give players a final chance to purchase this content. As I mentioned before, while the content is no longer available for purchase, FM4 players who own DLC can still re-download that content to their Xbox 360s.

I know this isn't what some of you wanted to hear and I'd like to offer my apologies once again.

Brian

Brian Ekberg
Forza Community Manager
ForzaMotorsport.net
 2 users liked this post.
#29 Posted : Tuesday, September 29, 2015 2:50:49 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Mechberg Go to Quoted Post
HI everyone,

Thanks to all of you who have let us know how you feel about this situation. I totally understand the frustration and would like to apologize for not giving the FM4 community more notice about this EOL change.

The reason we "EOL" content like this is due to contractual licensing obligations. What that means is that unfortunately, we cannot "re-open the window" to give players a final chance to purchase this content. As I mentioned before, while the content is no longer available for purchase, FM4 players who own DLC can still re-download that content to their Xbox 360s.

I know this isn't what some of you wanted to hear and I'd like to offer my apologies once again.

Brian

Well, unfortunately this does not explain why no one could give us any advance warning for the removal of the content. It's terrible customer service like this that has now prevented countless people from being able to purchase the content they need in order to finish the game they spent money on. So I do not think this is a reasonable explanation or solution to those of us beset by this problem that can only be explained as laziness on T10's part. Consider this my (and likely many others) official refusal to purchase any more T10 products.
 1 user liked this post.
#30 Posted : Tuesday, September 29, 2015 3:09:30 PM(UTC)
HI everyone,

Brian

You do not understand, it does not criticize the fact to stop the DLC but critical your job! the job to warn us!

This does nothing to forgive your actions! You have not warned us. You must stop taking Forza players for idiots.
User is suspended until 2/13/2043 6:25:21 PM(UTC)
#31 Posted : Tuesday, September 29, 2015 3:24:04 PM(UTC)
[Mod Edit - profanity - MM]

Edited by user Tuesday, September 29, 2015 6:37:24 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#32 Posted : Tuesday, September 29, 2015 4:26:40 PM(UTC)
HI everyone,

You apolagize for not giving us more notice?! YOU DIDN'T GIVE US ANY NOTICE!!! and then you stalled for a few days 'investigating' I'm sure you knew well in advance this was happening. And I'm sure when you said you were investigating, you already knew what's done is done. Just the day before the EOL I was on the fence about buying the porsche pack. Then I made up my mind the next day at work, and by the time I got home it was gone. Why didn't you tell us the time frame that you surely already knew? You would have saved alot of bad blood and also made a lot of last minute dollars. This is unforgivable, and inexcusable.
 1 user liked this post.
#33 Posted : Tuesday, September 29, 2015 4:33:16 PM(UTC)
I hope you got a bonus for "taking one for the TEAM!"

Go TEAM!

(mod points in 3... 2... )
 9 users liked this post.
#34 Posted : Tuesday, September 29, 2015 5:00:04 PM(UTC)
HI everyone,

Brian

Mechberg,

While some people don't understand that licenses can cause content like this to be removed (and I do understand that) - why T10 is so poor at communicating things, especially here on their own forums is just so far from acceptable it isn't funny. As others have pointed out - EA can get this right (although they are horrendous at so many things and killing a server after a year is pretty poor to say the least, but at least they give some notice).
Having been a member of this community for years now, and honestly Forza used to be the series that showed so many others how to get things right, but lately things are just going from bad to worse and I for one (and I am not alone here) have lost my faith in T10 and the Forza series - so many issues, absolutely **** poor communication (both lack of any info, timely updates and in some cases just plain lies) and on top of that things like not being able to use DLC cars in FM6 for the "career" races as well as the same glitches and bugs that just keep reappearing (and no I am not talking about some peoples issues with things like painting the AE86 - although I understand why people disagree with the way things are on that car).
And just to be clear - this decision (like the same decision for FM2 and FM3) doesn't affect me in the slightest. That doesn't mean it has been handled in an acceptable manner, or is difficult to do better, but it seems to be the way T10 are doing things these days and I for one am staggered at the way T10 have changed their behavior and cannot just be honest and upfront with their CUSTOMERS. I will not hit you on Twitter or anything else - if you do not see this it is just proof that T10 are ignoring their customers - and as a result I do not know if I will be buying anything from T10 again (that isn't a threat - it is just that like your rival game on the PS, or Assassins Creed, or many other games that have lost sight of their customers, I no longer trust what I am going to get for my money and that means I will be even more thorough before buying another T10 game).
#35 Posted : Tuesday, September 29, 2015 5:15:14 PM(UTC)
thanks, funky dunk - you have always been a BIG supporter, cheerleader for T10... and I am perhaps too quick on the trigger, but... just, WOW.
 4 users liked this post.
#36 Posted : Tuesday, September 29, 2015 6:18:49 PM(UTC)
HI everyone,

Brian

Dear Brian,

I don't understand a few things, would you be willing to explain them?

- Tokens, how can they be a licensing problem? they are taken down, but desperatly needed for the rewards system. I see no reason for them beeing taken down, no reference to any car brand. Can these be reinstated?

- It can't be that hard to post a list on the website or forum with the date they will be taken down so users know when to act.

- All the games I play ( F3, F4, FH1) have a build in messaging centre, I still have numerous messages from events by the t10 team from years ago I cant delete, to me this would be the perfect heads up before taking down content because it has all the functions allready in place and every player affected will receive it. If they read is their personal responsability.

I am desperatly playing F3 F4 and FH1 for the last 3 weeks to get my accounts up to tier 6, spend atleast 9 hours a day playing and dividing time over both accounts. I dont wat to start F5 with just 400 points needed for tier 6. This pull down of the F4 tokens means now I hadve to buy a used copy of F2 to get to tier 6, which will take another month atleast.

I am a completist so not beeing able to do 100% of a game is a big problem for me.

Hope you can atleast reinstate the tokens, I need that 300 points boost.
F2 F3 F4 FH1 F5 FH2 F6 FH3 F7 FH4
 1 user liked this post.
#37 Posted : Tuesday, September 29, 2015 6:43:14 PM(UTC)
Reminder: No matter the level of disappointment or frustration, Terms of Use and Code of Conduct still apply:

Originally Posted by: LV T10 Go to Quoted Post
Forza Motorsport Forums Terms of Use

Your use of these forums are subject to the Xbox.com Service Agreement, the Xbox Live Terms of Use, and the Xbox Live Code of Conduct in addition to the following:
• Try to keep it positive. Do not have a large percentage of your posts that are only negative rants. This is a form of trolling that only inflames the community and incites more flaming and abusive posts.
• If you have a question or concern about a forum moderation decision, please private message the applicable moderator. Do not repost content a moderator has removed, repost a topic that has been locked, remove a post edited by a moderator or post about forum moderation decisions.

Originally Posted by: LV T10 Go to Quoted Post
Be sure to read all rules carefully. Each rule is strictly enforced to ensure the well-being of the community. By logging into Forzamotorsport.net's forums, you agree to abide by these terms, conditions, and guidelines.
Do not impersonate, harass, or defame Turn 10, staff members, or moderators.

Do not defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten, or otherwise violate the legal rights of others.

When posting to this forum, you will be subjected to the opinions of others from within the community. These opinions may oppose your own views, that being said we expect that all users will conduct themselves respectfully when responding to others. Heated debates on the forums are welcome, as long as they abide by the established guidelines. If an administrator or moderator sees that a thread or poster violates these guidelines, the thread may be closed or deleted, and posters may be permanently or temporarily banned from the forum. Please keep in mind that there is no tenure granted on this forum--your post count or association with other posters does not protect you from being banned.

Additionally, bans are not necessarily precipitated in their entirety by a single violative event. The sum of actions leading up to a member’s removal is taken into account, so what may appear to be a minor breach of conduct may actually be the final occurrence in a long string of offenses.
Language: You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use Forzamotorsport.net to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law. Sexual, racial, or ethnic slurs will not be tolerated in any form and are bannable on the first offense. It is recommended that cursing be held to self-censorship, as it does not promote civil conversation. Foul language in the form of insults directed towards other forum members may result in a ban.

Trolling: Trolling is considered to be the act of purposely being disingenuous to an active discussion. Negative commentary on given topics is by no means disallowed; however, such comments should attempt to be substantiated. No matter your supposed intent, if the forum administrators perceive you as a troll making unsubstantiated comments in an attempt to provoke the forum body, actions may be taken by the administrators.

Images: Images of a sexual or profane nature are discouraged. Images presenting exposed genitalia, bared buttocks, and/or female nipple/aureola are not allowed. Do not post links to content which would violate this rule, if posted on the forums. Outside of this, common sense and a "safe-for-work" rule should be the primary considerations. Also, spamming the forum with the same image is not allowed and is subject to banning. Additionally, signature images should be no bigger than 480 pixels by 115 pixels.
III. Moderation Policy
Moderation of Forzamotorsport.net is not by committee. All decisions with regards to thread closure and movement, permanent and temporary bans, and membership issues are made by Turn 10 and its forum admins are final. That being said, constructive criticisms and suggestions are welcome, provided they are directed to Turn 10 Administration via private e-mail, here: forzafb@microsoft.com
No posts should be made regarding your opinion of another user's actions or behavior. You may not discuss the rules and regulations of this board on the forum. Any and all discussions regarding these matters should be discussed by EMAIL ONLY to Turn 10.
_

3 users liked this post.
#38 Posted : Tuesday, September 29, 2015 8:11:54 PM(UTC)
I for one appreciate Brian's up front answers and apology and understand the situation that this snafu puts him and the mods in. It's not like the whole company has a big red circle on the calendar date for when a game's DLC is losing it's license. My best guess (based on the places I've worked and how this has played out) is that someone in the legal department keeps track of such things and it ended up flying under the radar until too late. They go to whoever runs the servers and tell them to pull the content because the licnesing expires soon. Questions start getting asked by consumers and public relations people have no idea because it's not their department and they weren't informed ahead of time. They look into it and find out after the fact, then they have to break the news and take the heat. They can't turn around and point fingers. Even in my field, the communications business, there can be lapses in communications about things that are no longer at the forefront of a company's priorities. Still, this has happened three times now...

And as frustrated as some people are, we do need to keep it civil and remember that the mods on the forums aren't the ones responsible for not giving us a head's up on this situation.

This being said I have a few questions:

Why were tokens removed? There's no licensing for that.

FM3 still has avatar DLC up. Why has it been removed for FM4? Once again it seems like that was just FM4 stuff and didn't have auto maker logos.

Most importantly, for those who bought the season pass, especially recently at the last sale price, but hadn't downloaded the car packs yet is there a way they can acquire the content they purchased or at least get a refund?
 1 user liked this post.
#39 Posted : Tuesday, September 29, 2015 8:51:45 PM(UTC)
Same here, I admit I got into Forza late. The free FandF release got me interested so I bought F4, I liked it so I bought F3 and that is when it started. I too am a completionist if within my abilities. I was already upset that I couldn't get the unicorn car to get the achievement. I have to believe you can create some unbranded car and call it a unicorn car and just give it to everyone to complete the achievement. OK, this was bad enough but I bought F2. I haven't played it much as it didn't have the feel of the other games but I will get back to it at some point. Now to F4, I bought the VIP pass to get the discount on the Porsche pack only to find there was no longer a Porsche pack. If you need to create some unbranded cars and call it whatever you want and let us finish the achievements. I have also purchased FH1 and it seems to have disappeared from existence but being the sucker I am I bought the F6 ultimate package. As I wanted to work my way through the other games before I started playing that I am now scared by the time I get there the money I spent might very well be wasted. The only game I haven't purchased yet is FH2 which I have been trying to catch on sale since it gets very expensive buying all of the DLC. I have bought all of this along with some other DLC in the past maybe two months so I have invested quite a bit in the franchise. There is a way to fix this situation even if you have to use unbranded cars or something of the sort and I have to believe you can make any car you want a unicorn car so take care of the customers who are spending as much or more on this franchise than we did on our consoles. These rants never seem to lead to anything but maybe, just maybe there will be a miracle and they will find a way to fix this situation. It isn't right that people that get into the franchise late are punished by not being able to complete the game. If you know licensing could ultimately be a problem then don't use licensed material in achievements and hub points.....grrrrrrr
 1 user liked this post.
#40 Posted : Tuesday, September 29, 2015 8:53:25 PM(UTC)
Forza 4 was released on 10-11-11. If the deletion of DLC was really because of end of life, why did it occur early instead of on the anniversary date of the release of the game? With warning, that would of at least given us a couple of weeks to have purchased the content we were missing.
 1 user liked this post.
#41 Posted : Tuesday, September 29, 2015 9:52:00 PM(UTC)
So basically I recently purchased Forza 4 and I am SOL. What a bunch of **** . And they got a bunch ch of money from me for the last few games. I knew I should have dumped my last 360 back in 2013. Then I would have never purchased Forza 4 and wasted money on it.
 6 users liked this post.
#42 Posted : Wednesday, September 30, 2015 12:40:05 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: DesigningLeek47 Go to Quoted Post
thanks, funky dunk - you have always been a BIG supporter, cheerleader for T10... and I am perhaps too quick on the trigger, but... just, WOW.

DesigningLeek47,

Thanks - hope it got the message across, but suspect it won't do anyone any good either.
I have always given them the benefit of the doubt as they used to be so good with dealing with us - and I know what working with a big company on a complex project can be like - it doesn't excuse the backwards steps and certainly doesn't excuse the extremely poor communication and the fact that their games while still impressive seem to be going backwards - at least I wasn't surprised that GT6 was not a step forwards in any way shape or form and PD have no idea what their customers want (it is just Kaz's toy now).
Funny thing is that if T10 actually communicated better then a lot of people would be less disappointed in them, me included. At the same time I liked helping this community if I could (and I am far from alone in that), but this community has been abused to the point where it is just wasted time and effort in the most part as T10 seem to want the members (US) to do their work for them instead of just dealing with the issues (the disaster of the Rewards program is a prime example, and it is one where a T10 member has made an effort at least, says a lot about how much is just being ignored). Happy to help people when I can (and they actually want to listen to reason), but there is little point in coming here anymore and unfortunately I find the Forza games having more days unplayed than played (and I couldn't care less about things like Custom Lobbies, Drag of Drifitng along with many other things - no offense to those who do either - but SELLING DLC and content we can't use in general game play is just poor, along with content only for new purchasers, the same bugs and glitches over and over and removing content without ANY warning is just a symptom of larger issues).
#43 Posted : Wednesday, September 30, 2015 5:53:51 AM(UTC)
Thats a joke ?

The same like FM3 and MS and Turn 10 did not learn anything !?

YOU HAVE TO ANNOUNCE THE "EOL"

so i can decide to buy all DLCs ^^

But you wont my money !?

Now i decided NOT to BUY Microsoft Office 2016 Professional (1PC) for € 539,-
- Thank you i saved my money!

Edited by user Wednesday, September 30, 2015 6:16:48 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

7 users liked this post.
#44 Posted : Wednesday, September 30, 2015 7:50:37 AM(UTC)
This "situation" is very sad and careless on so many levels - I have always hated the business mindset of - " You need us more thane WE need/care about you" - in the long run, NOT a smart way to run a business. May not hurt your immediate profits, but MANY decisions/opinions have been decided by some of your loyal fan-base.
sig box
 1 user liked this post.
#45 Posted : Wednesday, September 30, 2015 7:55:16 AM(UTC)
HI everyone,

Brian

So what about people like myself who bought a season pass a few days before tbe dlc's were pulled but had not downloaded the car packs yet...where can I/we get the game content we paid for? I cannot re download it from the market place as it wasn't downloaded yet. Are you going to send me a disc with the content or just expect me to write off the episode as "bad luck". I await your response with interest, but I won't be holding my breath...
#46 Posted : Wednesday, September 30, 2015 8:09:27 AM(UTC)
I bought two weeks ago the season pass and the car pass for full price.

Then i decided to wait that the other 6-7 missing car paks have been on sale...

#47 Posted : Wednesday, September 30, 2015 1:25:13 PM(UTC)
Yesterday :

Today :

It's over, we will never meet again DLC for Forza 4. Thank Turn10 left us an incomplete game now :(

Edited by user Wednesday, September 30, 2015 2:18:12 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#48 Posted : Wednesday, September 30, 2015 3:50:01 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: JDawgg77 Go to Quoted Post
Again, just like with FM3? Turn10/MS didn't learn from last time? Announcing the delisting ahead of time would have garnered some last minute sales at least, especially for the Porsche Pack. I was just missing the last few car packs that weren't included in the season pass. I've been waiting for a sale since they just weren't worth full price this long into the game's cycle, but if it was announced they were being delisted I would have picked up at least some with cars I really wanted at the very least.

I know Mechberg is just the messenger and it wasn't up to him and I'm not blaming him., but not announcing ahead of time is just bad all around. I can guarantee that not announcing the delisting ahead of time cost a few thousand in sales, maybe tens of thousands. Also, it just looks bad when an entity tied in with Microsoft, upon who's platform this is all run through, can't give a head's up that content people will still want is going away, not once, but twice now. Really, three times since FM2 content had a similar fate. Then there was the debacle with FM3 Ultimate codes no longer working after the delisting. Was that ever fixed at least? And there was never a compilation for FM4 so that content is now in no way attainable unlike in FM2.

EA announced when Lord of the Rings content was going to expire and give notice when servers are going to close. Activision gave notice when Marvel Ultimate Alliance content was going to expire. Sega gave warning when Outrun licensing was going to expire. Yet, this happens again. I love all the Forza games and I appreciate the work done on the forums and the games themselves, but this is just bad for business and bad PR.

same here,i was considering purchasing the last few DLC packs just to get the classic british sports cars
 4 users liked this post.
#49 Posted : Thursday, October 1, 2015 1:53:41 AM(UTC)
I'd like to point out that I have every single DLC and every single unicorn in FM4. This doesn't affect me whatsoever, but it does affect lots of others. I'm posting in their "defense."

I totally understand the frustration...

You do? Okay, so what are you or anyone else at Turn 10 doing to resolve the situation?

Quote:
...and would like to apologize for not giving the FM4 community more notice about this EOL change.

Turn 10 has done this to us THREE TIMES! We don't want an apology, we want action, change. We're tired of the absolutely garbage communication from Turn 10 when it comes to everything.

Rockstar Games, who put out much, MUCH larger and more complex games than Turn 10 and are known for their secrecy still take the time to regularly post information about their games, detail game updates ahead of time, release full patch notes, and they have 24/7 customer support that will immediately respond to even the most trivial questions. Turn 10 does none of that. Actions speak louder than words, and Turn 10's actions have been despicable to say the least.

Quote:
The reason we "EOL" content like this is due to contractual licensing obligations. What that means is that unfortunately, we cannot "re-open the window" to give players a final chance to purchase this content.

Of course not, but for the past several years that all of the DLC has been out you could've released an Ultimate Edition of FM4 with ALL of the DLCs on-disc. This would have future-proofed the game and it would've avoided this incident entirely. You didn't do that, so now you've got fallout. That's 100% Turn 10's fault, not ours.

And you mean to tell me that you can't talk to the manufacturers that have some of their cars as DLC and ask them for an extension of the contract? Even if only a handful agreed, having 80 DLC cars no longer obtainable would be preferable to 120+.

Quote:
As I mentioned before, while the content is no longer available for purchase, FM4 players who own DLC can still re-download that content to their Xbox 360s.

In order to do that the DLC must still be on the marketplace servers... Despite the licensing being up, you can still allow people to download the content for free? So couldn't you release the content for free download as a workaround?

Quote:

And once again, we don't need an apology, we need change. Brian, this isn't your fault, but you're an employee of Turn 10. You have power that we don't. Tell your higher ups that we've had enough of the lack of communication. Things need to change.

Bigtime Muscle Member | Now on One!
#50 Posted : Thursday, October 1, 2015 4:13:32 AM(UTC)
I'm sure it's complicated, but I read "due to contractual licensing obligations" as if I were [T10] selling print/television/internet advertising and no longer obligated, NOT as if I were [T10] paying for right to use.

said another way, some of you seem to think it's T10 unwilling to pay the auto mfg's for "rights" - I always assumed it was the auto mfg's who payed T10 for the "advertisement" of their car/brand.

"Games industry analyst Brian Blau of Gartner, who once worked on licensing deals with carmakers, said auto companies are willing to pay as much as a million dollars if one of their cars is deeply integrated into the storyline of a video game, all the way down to appearing on the cover of the box."

http://www.huffingtonpos...deo-games_n_3793607.html

but, like I just said, I'm sure it's a complex issue.
14 Pages1234>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error