14 Pages<<1011121314PrevNext
#276 Posted : Saturday, April 23, 2016 1:23:28 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Shaunie McCardo Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: JDawgg77 Go to Quoted Post

Someone on another forum states that they had downloaded all but one of the free cars for Forza 4 a long time ago. They bought VIP and season pass on it's last sale before it was pulled. Then they redownloaded those free cars. Then they played the game for the very first time and they have all of the cars from the season pass packs except the month where they didn't download the free car. Anyone download the free cars that has bought the season pass? Try redownloading the free cars and see if that works.

Can we talk some more about this? Has anyone else confirmed this? There are season pass codes available to buy, I'm curious if I buy one now, then redownload the free cars, if it will work.

When I bought the Season Pass on sale, it was about $7, Downloaded it and had access to all the cars with in those car packs and the extra American Muscle Car Pack that was included as a bonus. I didn't DL the car packs individually.

At the time I was able to have access to the in-game market place and it showed the vehicles as purchased. Before the EOL, I DL the carpacks to my HDD and the DL prompt said comfirm purchase and for price i think it had $0 or already purchased. But not "Download Again"

That's how it worked for me with the season pass.

Since it's been said that those that have PURCHASED, past tense, the content, still have access to it, just not by conventional means. It's more tedious.

I believe someone already mentioned the cars that they had already bought as DLC appeared as "DLC" cars in the game, and once you click on it or press A, it will promt you into the marketplace to DL it, similar as to folks who are redeeming the Porche Expansion Pack codes from Amazon/GameStop or Preorder/Challenger 392 bonuses.

I have an extra code for American Muscle Pack, and last time I checked it does allow me to redeem it. It DOE5 NOT say "code invalid"

On another note I have 2 Stig Garage Pack codes that are invalid, sucks. Not used, I just happened to buy 2 copies for less than $5 with new codes...ebay deals, I swear..

Edited by user Saturday, April 23, 2016 1:34:26 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#277 Posted : Sunday, April 24, 2016 12:14:54 PM(UTC)
None of you would happen to have an extra August Playseat Car Pack, would you? Can you believe that's the only DLC I had left to get? I had been slowly buying them using Bing Rewards credits and I finally had enough saved up to buy the last pack about a month after Turn10 pulled the DLC. :( Wanted that '62 Lincoln Continental. Anyway, guess I should be grateful I have everything else.
User is suspended until 10/7/2043 11:25:27 AM(UTC)
#278 Posted : Sunday, May 1, 2016 8:21:35 AM(UTC)
[Mod Edit - TOS prohibits profanity - MM]

Edited by user Sunday, May 22, 2016 9:44:46 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#279 Posted : Thursday, May 19, 2016 3:31:39 PM(UTC)
you can still get the Porsche pack in Canada.......[Mod Edit - abbreviated profanity is not allowed - MM]

Edited by user Sunday, May 22, 2016 11:24:18 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#280 Posted : Saturday, May 21, 2016 9:25:30 AM(UTC)
Just a quick question for Turn 10, I am inquiring if there would be any chance of acquiring a digital copy of Forzamotorsport 4. I have pretty much bricked my DVD drive on my console and I really enjoy that game. I purchased all the DLC, finished the game and am three achievements away from completing those. I actually grinded to finally buy the 250 GTO, and am on my way to get the rest of the cars for what achievements I have left. The reason I ask is that I put five hours or more at a time when I do play, simply because it is so enticing to play. I will purchase a new DVD drive regardless, but a digital backup would save the life of it and give a valued customer from 2008 on, who stopped playing the Gran Turismo series and ultimately any Sony product, simply because I enjoy it more. I have played your games for over 2000 hours cumulatively, which I believe is a testament to how amazing your work is. Even lost a couple girlfriends over it, but I`m better off with them anyway, so thanks. Even if it is not possible for this to happen, as it is not in the Xbox store, I`m still more than happy to give you guys the props that you deserve. So I hope that the right people see this and this message can get through. Thank you.

P.S. My birth day is next Saturday!
#281 Posted : Saturday, May 21, 2016 6:30:51 PM(UTC)
Re-releasing the game physically and/or digitally would require all of the licenses for the cars in the base game to be renewed, as it's likely they've all expired, just like the DLC cars' licenses expired.

Bigtime Muscle Member | Now on One!
#282 Posted : Monday, June 27, 2016 4:20:48 AM(UTC)
Hello, my experience is that in February this year I bought the FM4 collector edition, this edition contains codes download. I'm from Spain and in my case codes were good and I was able to download the content. I did not know that TURN10 had deactivated the DLC. To complete the game I only need the PORSCHE expansion pack.
But in the online store microsoft CANADA, it appears still to buy the season pass and the PORSCHE expansion pack.
My question is: If I buy one of those DLC, will serve me or would be spending money for nothing?
Thanks.
Biohazard
#283 Posted : Monday, June 27, 2016 12:37:04 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: MiniFliper Go to Quoted Post
I'm from Spain and in my case codes were good and I was able to download the content.

Really? Wow, that worked out nicely. Lol

Quote:
My question is: If I buy one of those DLC, will serve me or would be spending money for nothing?

Porsche pack codes could still be redeemed and downloaded last I heard, but the season pass would only work if you had previously downloaded the free cars from each pack (the game downloaded the entire DLC pack's data, but only unlocked a single car for you. The season pass is a key for the rest of the cars in the packs).

User is suspended until 11/25/2027 7:16:03 PM(UTC)
#284 Posted : Monday, June 27, 2016 7:07:03 PM(UTC)
That really does not make sense at all... why is the Porsche pack only available in one country while it's been deactivated everywhere else? If it is dead I mean... why does one region still get it. I mean it's like Burger King when you go there for a single stacker and your local one says that the Company says that it's been discontinued... but you go 90 miles away and they still have it. (true story actually)
So if the contracts for the DLC packs and cars are gone then NO ONE should be able to download any more cars or purchase any. (download if already purchased)
(FH2 is out) APEX! APEX!

#285 Posted : Monday, June 27, 2016 7:16:59 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: RitzyBiscuit7 Go to Quoted Post
why is the Porsche pack only available in one country while it's been deactivated everywhere else?

The Porsche pack is redeemable everywhere. But the rest of the DLC is apparently Spain exclusive.

#286 Posted : Thursday, July 7, 2016 7:10:36 AM(UTC)
Hi people, I wanted to say that I have risked but I had to. I bought the Porsche expansion pack, I have redeemed the code and yes, the codes still work, at least in my country. You download the package and you can already play with Porsche cars without any problem. I spent 16 €. But the season pass I will not buy because I do not need to complete the game. The language of the image is in Spanish, but it is a proof that I run the code.

[img=C:\Users\bocad\Downloads\2016-07-07_00-03-30_660]test image[/img]
Biohazard
#287 Posted : Friday, August 12, 2016 8:15:31 AM(UTC)
Please Turn 10 !

We need the dlc cars from Forza Motorsport 4

Thank you
#288 Posted : Wednesday, September 28, 2016 6:02:16 AM(UTC)
Just came here to add that I too bought the season pass on its last sale, only to find out the car packs were already pulled. I'm absolutely livid and I can't explain the feeling of dread knowing I will never be able to drive all those unique cars that weren't included in any other game. What the heck turn 10!?
#289 Posted : Wednesday, September 28, 2016 10:37:20 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Yakov Alfa Go to Quoted Post
Release an Ultimate Collection version of FM4 with ALL DLCs and unicorns on-disc. Even if you charged $60 you'd still get lots of sales.

Eh, who am I kidding, Turn 10 couldn't care less...

that would be a brilliant idea, but like you said Turn 10 dont care

#290 Posted : Wednesday, September 28, 2016 2:57:05 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: A Witty Panda Go to Quoted Post
that would be a brilliant idea, but like you said Turn 10 dont care

After learning a little more about the situation I found out they do care. But Turn 10 can't break the law to sell DLC that they no longer have the licensing for. I'll say that again, Turn 10 could be sued by auto companies and track owners if they sold DLC with an expired content license.

Just last week Turn 10 issued a warning that the games on demand version of FH1 and all of FH1's DLC will be removed from the marketplace October 20th. The licensing for the cars on that game ends on October 20th, so that's the latest they can sell the game new (used games are exempt because they're sold by a third party) and any of its DLC. We got a heads up this time, take advantage of it. And if you don't (not specifically you Panda, just people in general), you can't complain.

#291 Posted : Sunday, October 9, 2016 9:43:29 PM(UTC)
After learning a little more about the situation I found out they do care. But Turn 10 can't break the law to sell DLC that they no longer have the licensing for. I'll say that again, Turn 10 could be sued by auto companies and track owners if they sold DLC with an expired content license.

You wanna know something? The season pass can still be bought direct from Microsoft online now.
#292 Posted : Monday, October 10, 2016 1:42:59 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: gsxrboy750au Go to Quoted Post
The season pass can still be bought direct from Microsoft online now.

Ahh, but you can't get any DLC with that pass, can you?

I don't know for 100% certain how any of this works, I'm not a legal expert nor a game developer. But it's my best theory and Turn 10 sure aren't saying anything about it.

#293 Posted : Monday, October 10, 2016 2:48:10 AM(UTC)
Ahh, but you can't get any DLC with that pass, can you?

It doesn't seem so! No extra cars for me even though I had previously installed every car etc from the second disc on original install which I'm lead to believe had all the dlc cars on disc.

Edited by user Monday, October 10, 2016 2:50:52 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#294 Posted : Monday, October 10, 2016 1:20:42 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: gsxrboy750au Go to Quoted Post
It doesn't seem so! No extra cars for me even though I had previously installed every car etc from the second disc on original install which I'm lead to believe had all the dlc cars on disc.

As far as I'm aware, no version of FM4 had any DLC on-disc. The Essentials Edition (clever name for "Stripped Down Ripoff Edition") did exclude all of the base-game-content that the regular version included on disc 2, however. And that "DLC" could formerly be purchased through the marketplace by Essentials Edition owners.

User is suspended until 9/27/2045 4:56:42 PM(UTC)
#295 Posted : Sunday, October 16, 2016 9:29:51 AM(UTC)
Forza 4 doesn't even appear on Xbox Live at all. They've taken the whole game and anything related to it off of xbox live
#296 Posted : Sunday, October 16, 2016 3:04:58 PM(UTC)
There was never a digital version of the game, if that's what you're talking about.

#297 Posted : Wednesday, October 26, 2016 4:23:26 PM(UTC)
Here's another vaguely interesting thing. As noted above I bought the season pass from ms.ca to see what would happen, the cars showed as dlc in the buy list but couldn't be retrieved. I did think I had seen somewhere listed the cars were on the dual disc collection, anyway, done now. 50 tier points received.

Yesterday I decided to try to see what happened when I bought the car launch pack (5 cars) and track pack (benchmark tracks) card/codes currently available on eBay for AU$6. I redeemed the codes via computer and then last night fired up the X360 and the downloads appeared in the pending list. I got them both going, cars at 340mb and the track pack at 170mb. Both installed just fine and the items were available to use. The track pack would have been much handier before for the manufacturer xp grind cheev trick I can tell you!

As a side benefit, and likely because I had applied the season pass code, a surprise American car pack also showed up in my newly available cars. Those cars must have been part of the car launch pack download. 100 tier points received.

Edited by user Wednesday, October 26, 2016 4:29:31 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#298 Posted : Saturday, December 17, 2016 8:52:58 AM(UTC)
Hello,i have essentials edition on one disc So where(how) i can download car packs? Thanks
#299 Posted : Saturday, December 17, 2016 3:43:59 PM(UTC)
I have all the dlc but all my unicorn cars have gone missing as I had all of them and not most of them have disappeared which I am not happy about as I still play this a game a lot now
#300 Posted : Thursday, January 12, 2017 8:56:04 AM(UTC)
Hi, I recently picked up a 360 that I was going to give to my son. I did have one a few years ago. I also picked up forza 4, which I also had. I know forzas dlc is no longer on the marketplace but I had bought it before so I redownloaded it. I downloaded all if them again but the cars do not appear in the game, have I done something wrong?
14 Pages<<1011121314PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error