14 Pages123>>Next
Rank: Moderator
 2 users liked this post.
#1 Posted : Friday, September 25, 2015 3:07:42 PM(UTC)
Forza Motorsport 4 DLC reached end-of-life status in September 2015 and is no longer available to purchase on the marketplace.

How to re-download DLC you purchased prior to September 2015
Forza Motorsport 4 content can be re-downloaded to your Xbox 360, provided you have originally downloaded the content before content reached “end of life” status. To re-download this content, you need to find the content in your Download History. To access your download history:
1. Sign In on your Xbox 360 dashboard with the profile that purchased the DLC.
2. Go to Settings.
3. Go to Account.
4. Go to Download History.
For more information on this, see the following links on the Xbox Support:
https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-360/store/redownload-content
https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-360/store/view-download-history



Originally Posted by: Mechberg Go to Quoted Post
Forza Motorsport 4 DLC content has officially reached "end of life" status. This means that this content is no longer available for purchase. However, if you are an FM4 player who has already purchased this content, you will be able to re-download it.


Originally Posted by: Mechberg Go to Quoted Post
HI everyone,

Thanks to all of you who have let us know how you feel about this situation. I totally understand the frustration and would like to apologize for not giving the FM4 community more notice about this EOL change.

The reason we "EOL" content like this is due to contractual licensing obligations. What that means is that unfortunately, we cannot "re-open the window" to give players a final chance to purchase this content. As I mentioned before, while the content is no longer available for purchase, FM4 players who own DLC can still re-download that content to their Xbox 360s.

I know this isn't what some of you wanted to hear and I'd like to offer my apologies once again.

Brian

Edited by user Tuesday, August 11, 2020 6:34:53 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: Driver's Permit
 1 user liked this post.
#2 Posted : Friday, September 25, 2015 3:24:04 PM(UTC)
It seems enough fans blew up Turn10's Twitter account 😏 Hopefully it gets resolved so we can purchase the cars again!
Rank: C-Class Racing License
#3 Posted : Friday, September 25, 2015 6:56:21 PM(UTC)
Oh wow that looks somewhat promising!
Rank: Racing Permit
#4 Posted : Monday, September 28, 2015 4:43:19 AM(UTC)
Yes. I've noticed I cannot purchase tokens. And all the cars now show up as free, but still with no way to purchase or download them. And I was reads to spend real money on Tokens in Forza 4. Just so I can increase my Forza Reward score by 300 points. I only got Forza 4 nine days ago. Mainly to increase my Reward score. I wish now I had picked it up earlier.

Edited by user Monday, September 28, 2015 4:45:54 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: Driver's Permit
#5 Posted : Monday, September 28, 2015 1:39:08 PM(UTC)
Ye, i see this problem, i can't buy dlc's :(
Rank: Forza Community Team
#6 Posted : Monday, September 28, 2015 5:41:16 PM(UTC)
Forza Motorsport 4 DLC content has officially reached "end of life" status. This means that this content is no longer available for purchase. However, if you are an FM4 player who has already purchased this content, you will be able to re-download it.

Brian Ekberg
Forza Community Manager
ForzaMotorsport.net
Rank: Racing Permit
 7 users liked this post.
#7 Posted : Monday, September 28, 2015 6:31:48 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Mechberg Go to Quoted Post
Forza Motorsport 4 DLC content has officially reached "end of life" status. This means that this content is no longer available for purchase. However, if you are an FM4 player who has already purchased this content, you will be able to re-download it.


Again without prior announcement and it's so rude to do that again while experiencing the removal of Forza 3 DLC.
You'll never play alone!
Rank: B-Class Racing License
 15 users liked this post.
#8 Posted : Monday, September 28, 2015 10:34:22 PM(UTC)
Again, just like with FM3? Turn10/MS didn't learn from last time? Announcing the delisting ahead of time would have garnered some last minute sales at least, especially for the Porsche Pack. I was just missing the last few car packs that weren't included in the season pass. I've been waiting for a sale since they just weren't worth full price this long into the game's cycle, but if it was announced they were being delisted I would have picked up at least some with cars I really wanted at the very least.

I know Mechberg is just the messenger and it wasn't up to him and I'm not blaming him., but not announcing ahead of time is just bad all around. I can guarantee that not announcing the delisting ahead of time cost a few thousand in sales, maybe tens of thousands. Also, it just looks bad when an entity tied in with Microsoft, upon who's platform this is all run through, can't give a head's up that content people will still want is going away, not once, but twice now. Really, three times since FM2 content had a similar fate. Then there was the debacle with FM3 Ultimate codes no longer working after the delisting. Was that ever fixed at least? And there was never a compilation for FM4 so that content is now in no way attainable unlike in FM2.

EA announced when Lord of the Rings content was going to expire and give notice when servers are going to close. Activision gave notice when Marvel Ultimate Alliance content was going to expire. Sega gave warning when Outrun licensing was going to expire. Yet, this happens again. I love all the Forza games and I appreciate the work done on the forums and the games themselves, but this is just bad for business and bad PR.
Rank: D-Class Racing License
 4 users liked this post.
#9 Posted : Monday, September 28, 2015 11:15:04 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Mechberg Go to Quoted Post
Forza Motorsport 4 DLC content has officially reached "end of life" status. This means that this content is no longer available for purchase. However, if you are an FM4 player who has already purchased this content, you will be able to re-download it.


And communication? you should be well placed to know.

Turn 10 really take us for idiots. They leave a lot of expensive DLC, only little reduction and removes without warning.

It's really nice to leave us half-finished games when we want to play a few years after their marketing!

I intended to buy all extensions of all forza well I do not buy any products Turn 10 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You really take us for idiots !!! :( :( :( :( :(

Edited by user Monday, September 28, 2015 11:16:03 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: D-Class Racing License
#10 Posted : Monday, September 28, 2015 11:24:29 PM(UTC)

We'll have to complain and to petition, it's really stupid not to warn us!
Rank: S-Class Racing License
 13 users liked this post.
#11 Posted : Monday, September 28, 2015 11:42:29 PM(UTC)
Release an Ultimate Collection version of FM4 with ALL DLCs and unicorns on-disc. Even if you charged $60 you'd still get lots of sales.

Eh, who am I kidding, Turn 10 couldn't care less...

Bigtime Muscle Member | Now on One!
Rank: D-Class Racing License
#12 Posted : Tuesday, September 29, 2015 12:20:48 AM(UTC)
And please also PAL version not as FM2 like that http://forums.forzamotor...possible-to-get-DLC.aspx !!!

Edited by user Tuesday, September 29, 2015 12:23:26 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: Driver's Permit
 1 user liked this post.
User is suspended until 2/13/2043 6:25:21 PM(UTC)
#13 Posted : Tuesday, September 29, 2015 12:36:09 AM(UTC)
[Mod Edit - permanent ban for profanity - MM]

Edited by user Tuesday, September 29, 2015 6:25:52 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: D-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#14 Posted : Tuesday, September 29, 2015 12:56:00 AM(UTC)
[Mod Edit - do not quote profanity - MM]

Edited by user Tuesday, September 29, 2015 6:29:29 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: A-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#15 Posted : Tuesday, September 29, 2015 2:35:59 AM(UTC)
[Mod Edit - profanity is not allowed - MM]

Edited by user Tuesday, September 29, 2015 6:33:53 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Fanatec PWTS + CSS Pedals v3i + CSS Shifter SQ v1.0 + Playseat Revolution GT @ XB1X via DriveHub ... use your 'old' wheel on XB1 & PS4

How to get locked cars in FM7 *full list*


Rank: D-Class Racing License
 3 users liked this post.
#16 Posted : Tuesday, September 29, 2015 2:41:21 AM(UTC)
It's a shame ! No communication, only the one is a lie.

Please replace FM4 DLC at least one week for your fans to be able to buy them... Hey Brian Ekberg, this is really too much to ask ?!

Edited by user Tuesday, September 29, 2015 2:53:01 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: A-Class Racing License
 16 users liked this post.
#17 Posted : Tuesday, September 29, 2015 3:17:36 AM(UTC)


Originally Posted by: Mechberg Go to Quoted Post
Forza Motorsport 4 DLC content has officially reached "end of life" status. This means that this content is no longer available for purchase. However, if you are an FM4 player who has already purchased this content, you will be able to re-download it.


LOL - for a modern, digital entertainment, information technology company - you guys are absolutely horrible at communication.

..why have an in-game messaging system? ...why have an online Forum? ...why even bother having an online presence at all?

Also ...wounder why folks do not trust digital content distribution? - THIS!
Rank: D-Class Racing License
 3 users liked this post.
#18 Posted : Tuesday, September 29, 2015 7:08:17 AM(UTC)
I do not understand who is the spokesman Turn10? Is Brian Ekberg?

Why remove any content Forza 4 game without warning? Like many, I expected a discount for buying the DLC that was missing. But if I had known they were going to be removed then I would have to buy at full price.

I do not understand either why there are games from 2007 still have the DLC? Forza Motorsport date of 4 years (2011) and the contents are no longer available?

What one you Turn10 gripe is not having them removed but it is not having communicated before removal. Believe me I will not spend my time to contact you if you had warned, I already have all buy.

Forza Motorsport 3 before having them removed, they were all promotions !!! So I waited for Forza 4. Same, there was no communication but at least there was a complete edition disc release!

For Forza Motorsport 2, it's a shame not to have marketed a full version (PAL) for Europe.

We ask you Brian Ekberg or more generally Turn 10 is temporarily put this content in order to buy and have a full game. This game is not new, yes, but that does not me tipsy also play forza 6 (ultimate edtion). I do not understand why you remove the DLC ...

So please, as a fan, temporarily replace Forza 4 DLC to buy them !

Thank you for your undestanding.

Edited by user Tuesday, September 29, 2015 7:10:37 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: D-Class Racing License
 14 users liked this post.
#19 Posted : Tuesday, September 29, 2015 8:43:03 AM(UTC)
Really Turn 10, REALLY?
No anouncement, no communication. Are you living in the 50s?

Ok, let me get something straight with you because I'm sure there are some people in the same boat. I live in Europe, in one of the poorer countries, which one is irrelevant. My local currency is not supported on Xbox Live and my country is also not included in the options when you create an account so my account is supposedly in the UK, so I have to buy digital content in british pounds. Now I don't have a credit card and I never will, but im going off topic. The ONLY way I can buy DLCs is with prepaid cards, which in my case are SERIOUSLY OVERPRICED. I pay for a 25 pound card the equivallent in my currency for 35 british pounds. Not to mention that here there is no Game, no Gamestop etc. Here the last thing people think about is games, and yet I, I as a loyal forza fan pay 50% more than what I actually get. Why do you think I didn't buy FM6 digital, hmm? Go figure yourself.

Here is something else for you. The only reason and really mean THE ONLY REASON I saved up a whole year just to get the Xbox One with Forza 5 and Horizon 2, is the Forza franchise. Yes I was crazy enough to buy a Xbox One over a PS4 just because I love the Forza games, EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM. And just as I got a 25£ prepaid car to buy the car pass for FM4 and FH1, the season pass for Forza 4 is just gone. I litterally wathched the season passes for these games the week before you-know-what happened and was calculating how much money I'm going to need. Now you leave me with yet another forza game I can't complete along with FM2. And to think I was naive enough to think you won't do this without an anouncement. I got lucky with Forza 3 but this time you just overdid it. I was really hopping to buy Forza 6 one day but now I'm serriously reconsidering it. I'm sorry but I must be your biggest fan who doesn't have the money to buy everything immidiently. That doesn't mean you should ignore me. Not all of us have money to buy something straight away. I got my good old 360 in june 2013. And since then played each and every forza game and enjoyed it for what it was. I wasn't complaining about glitches or something like that. I stayed true to the franchise and this is how I am being looked at. Just another mindless sheep who pays without thinking. Well, I'm sorry but I deserve to buy the season pass for FM4 just because I don't have the finnacial abilities and yet I save up just so I can satisfy myself that I send the money I have and don't have into a company that tolerates such people like me. But it seams you are not such company and don't care about loyalty. I am truly sorry I trusted you for so long. Don't think I don't understand what you are trying to do, it's clear as day for me. You just gave the middle finger to probably your only fan in my country. And I will not forget it. Consider FH2 as my last forza game.

To all who read all of this, thank you for being such a great community. I really enjoyed my time with all of you here. Thank you dearly.
Rank: D-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#20 Posted : Tuesday, September 29, 2015 9:37:44 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: IvoGTA 360 Go to Quoted Post
Really Turn 10, REALLY?
No anouncement, no communication. Are you living in the 50s?

Ok, let me get something straight with you because I'm sure there are some people in the same boat. I live in Europe, in one of the poorer countries, which one is irrelevant. My local currency is not supported on Xbox Live and my country is also not included in the options when you create an account so my account is supposedly in the UK, so I have to buy digital content in british pounds. Now I don't have a credit card and I never will, but im going off topic. The ONLY way I can buy DLCs is with prepaid cards, which in my case are SERIOUSLY OVERPRICED. I pay for a 25 pound card the equivallent in my currency for 35 british pounds. Not to mention that here there is no Game, no Gamestop etc. Here the last thing people think about is games, and yet I, I as a loyal forza fan pay 50% more than what I actually get. Why do you think I didn't buy FM6 digital, hmm? Go figure yourself.

Here is something else for you. The only reason and really mean THE ONLY REASON I saved up a whole year just to get the Xbox One with Forza 5 and Horizon 2, is the Forza franchise. Yes I was crazy enough to buy a Xbox One over a PS4 just because I love the Forza games, EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM. And just as I got a 25£ prepaid car to buy the car pass for FM4 and FH1, the season pass for Forza 4 is just gone. I litterally wathched the season passes for these games the week before you-know-what happened and was calculating how much money I'm going to need. Now you leave me with yet another forza game I can't complete along with FM2. And to think I was naive enough to think you won't do this without an anouncement. I got lucky with Forza 3 but this time you just overdid it. I was really hopping to buy Forza 6 one day but now I'm serriously reconsidering it. I'm sorry but I must be your biggest fan who doesn't have the money to buy everything immidiently. That doesn't mean you should ignore me. Not all of us have money to buy something straight away. I got my good old 360 in june 2013. And since then played each and every forza game and enjoyed it for what it was. I wasn't complaining about glitches or something like that. I stayed true to the franchise and this is how I am being looked at. Just another mindless sheep who pays without thinking. Well, I'm sorry but I deserve to buy the season pass for FM4 just because I don't have the finnacial abilities and yet I save up just so I can satisfy myself that I send the money I have and don't have into a company that tolerates such people like me. But it seams you are not such company and don't care about loyalty. I am truly sorry I trusted you for so long. Don't think I don't understand what you are trying to do, it's clear as day for me. You just gave the middle finger to probably your only fan in my country. And I will not forget it. Consider FH2 as my last forza game.

To all who read all of this, thank you for being such a great community. I really enjoyed my time with all of you here. Thank you dearly.


Your comment is really touching and disturbing to see how Turn10 did nothing to opinions of his players, no communication, no listening to its players.

It's really disgusting and I totally understand your disappointment. It is not too late, you can catch up Turn10, make an event by making available the various DLC Forza different games, if only for a temporary period.

I sincerely hope that you will listen, your players, your community, your fans. Those that allow you to live with your salary. Because without us players to buy your games, you would live for what?

Rank: Driver's License
 3 users liked this post.
#21 Posted : Tuesday, September 29, 2015 10:40:38 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: IvoGTA 360 Go to Quoted Post
Really Turn 10, REALLY?
No anouncement, no communication. Are you living in the 50s?

Ok, let me get something straight with you because I'm sure there are some people in the same boat. I live in Europe, in one of the poorer countries, which one is irrelevant. My local currency is not supported on Xbox Live and my country is also not included in the options when you create an account so my account is supposedly in the UK, so I have to buy digital content in british pounds. Now I don't have a credit card and I never will, but im going off topic. The ONLY way I can buy DLCs is with prepaid cards, which in my case are SERIOUSLY OVERPRICED. I pay for a 25 pound card the equivallent in my currency for 35 british pounds. Not to mention that here there is no Game, no Gamestop etc. Here the last thing people think about is games, and yet I, I as a loyal forza fan pay 50% more than what I actually get. Why do you think I didn't buy FM6 digital, hmm? Go figure yourself.

Here is something else for you. The only reason and really mean THE ONLY REASON I saved up a whole year just to get the Xbox One with Forza 5 and Horizon 2, is the Forza franchise. Yes I was crazy enough to buy a Xbox One over a PS4 just because I love the Forza games, EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM. And just as I got a 25£ prepaid car to buy the car pass for FM4 and FH1, the season pass for Forza 4 is just gone. I litterally wathched the season passes for these games the week before you-know-what happened and was calculating how much money I'm going to need. Now you leave me with yet another forza game I can't complete along with FM2. And to think I was naive enough to think you won't do this without an anouncement. I got lucky with Forza 3 but this time you just overdid it. I was really hopping to buy Forza 6 one day but now I'm serriously reconsidering it. I'm sorry but I must be your biggest fan who doesn't have the money to buy everything immidiently. That doesn't mean you should ignore me. Not all of us have money to buy something straight away. I got my good old 360 in june 2013. And since then played each and every forza game and enjoyed it for what it was. I wasn't complaining about glitches or something like that. I stayed true to the franchise and this is how I am being looked at. Just another mindless sheep who pays without thinking. Well, I'm sorry but I deserve to buy the season pass for FM4 just because I don't have the finnacial abilities and yet I save up just so I can satisfy myself that I send the money I have and don't have into a company that tolerates such people like me. But it seams you are not such company and don't care about loyalty. I am truly sorry I trusted you for so long. Don't think I don't understand what you are trying to do, it's clear as day for me. You just gave the middle finger to probably your only fan in my country. And I will not forget it. Consider FH2 as my last forza game.

To all who read all of this, thank you for being such a great community. I really enjoyed my time with all of you here. Thank you dearly.


Just wanted to say I'm sorry, and I understand your disappointment.

He, and many more, deserves better.
Rank: D-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#22 Posted : Tuesday, September 29, 2015 11:10:03 AM(UTC)
You did not feel sorry, we share all the same feeling of disgust, rage and sadness.

It is rather Turn10 to come here to explain why they have not communicated before removing and present their apologies.

Originally Posted by: Mechberg Go to Quoted Post
Forza Motorsport 4 DLC content has officially reached "end of life" status. This means that this content is no longer available for purchase. However, if you are an FM4 player who has already purchased this content, you will be able to re-download it.


When looking at the message of Brian Ekberg who holds the position of "Forza Community Manager" does not even apologize, gives news a few days later as it was nothing. I find it very regrettable, it does not even bother to answer us with any questions, it's really not serious.

Anyway this post shows how Turn10 works and acts with its community.

How you say it? how do you understand? How to convince you? please Turn10, put DLC available even if it is only one day ... but just that we can complete our game and do not stay with a game with lots of missing pieces.

Edited by user Tuesday, September 29, 2015 11:47:33 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: B-Class Racing License
 3 users liked this post.
#23 Posted : Tuesday, September 29, 2015 11:24:41 AM(UTC)
I'm usually the first guy to say "hey this game is 4 years old so to expect support forever is just stupid" but this time around I will say this was bad practice, not because they took down the DLC but because it was done without warning. I still play forza 4 online and just renewed my gold not to long ago so this kinda makes me worried that I just spent 60 bucks and that they might just up and cut the servers without warning.


Turn10 I get that this game can't last forever but please give us a heads up when you're about to cut the stuff off so we just don't waste our money.

Edited by user Tuesday, September 29, 2015 11:25:14 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: Driver's Permit
 2 users liked this post.
#24 Posted : Tuesday, September 29, 2015 11:36:26 AM(UTC)
I just blew up their Twitter and gave them a piece of my mind, in a respectful manner. If they are to take us seriously as a community and a fan base, then we need to voice our opinion when they do such wrongdoings without even the common decency to let anyone know or give us a heads up so we can make last minute purchases. I suggest other people blow up their Twitter, too, so they can know that Forza 4 is not 'dead' and that people are still willing to pay their hard-earned money for the DLC on this game. Forza 6 better get cars that were in Forza 4, because Forza 4 altogether with the DLC included had 600 something cars.
Rank: Driver's Permit
 10 users liked this post.
#25 Posted : Tuesday, September 29, 2015 12:50:35 PM(UTC)
And what exactly is it supposed to mean when the dlc has "reached the end of its life"? 4 years is too long to have dlc listed on the markeptplace? Well that's odd, because last I checked, the dlc for NFS: Carbon, which is NINE years old, is till up. As is the dlc for Burnout: Paradise, which is SEVEN years old. And these both from EA, a company that is supposedly worse than T10. Not to mention, they have a whole webpage dedicated to letting people know when their servers for certain games are going to be shut off instead of just up and doing it and forgetting about the players! Well, I may have already bought Forza 6, but unless something is done to rectify this, 6 will be the last T10 product I ever buy! Such despicable customer care!
14 Pages123>>Next

Notification

Icon
Error