19 Pages1234>>PrevNext
#26 Posted : Thursday, September 17, 2015 10:08:17 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Bburgarelli Go to Quoted Post
I had a blast yesterday, found a nice lobby full of gentle racers.

I heard the first apology for crashing in a online racing game! Another dude in the lobby had to ask if the guy actually meant an apology, everyone was surprised.

Hey... I also apologized to someone I hit! LOL I try to race as clean as possible but sometimes I get jerky and nervous when there is a car right next to me lol

#27 Posted : Thursday, September 17, 2015 10:39:55 AM(UTC)
Elite Division currently: Lots of Minis, lots of Turn 1 crashes. When things settle down though the racing does improve however.
#28 Posted : Thursday, September 17, 2015 3:03:00 PM(UTC)
What bracket are you guys in for the B Spec League? Position? Favorite cars so far for B spec?

I'm currently #22 as of last league closing in the professional bracket.

I've come across a nasty Mini tune. That things is way Op in the right hands.

Also really dig the 67 corvette and the Evo 8.
 5 users liked this post.
#29 Posted : Thursday, September 17, 2015 3:13:52 PM(UTC)
I hate to say it, but the cycled tracks make the league a grind. There are eight tracks (?) in rotation ... Alps is a smoke break every 40ish minutes ...
#30 Posted : Thursday, September 17, 2015 6:34:14 PM(UTC)
What determined where you start in league? I have no idea why I was put in Grassroots and I constantly win and if I don't it's because someone used me as a brake or they think it's okay to turn directly in to my car when we are door to door and I'm holding the inside line...yet worst case scenario I end up in top 5 and still have the fastest or 2nd fast lap time.

I don't know why people go online and play random tracks using different cars and have the braking line turned off...

I only use the Alfa Giulia TZ2, the sound of it is annoying as hell though.

I'm definitely not super fast, but I just want to get the hell out of Grassroots...

Edited by user Thursday, September 17, 2015 6:35:03 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#31 Posted : Thursday, September 17, 2015 7:25:16 PM(UTC)
I am currently first in the Ford GT league in the Pinnacle division. I had loads of fun during the first couple of days, but not I can hardly find matches.
#32 Posted : Thursday, September 17, 2015 8:25:34 PM(UTC)
#33 Posted : Thursday, September 17, 2015 11:31:10 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Insayn Xm Go to Quoted Post
How do you level up?

I think you have to just do well in the league you are in. It might be beating people with higher trueskill but as we can't see that I don't know.

I'm in Elite, but after one of the brackets closed a couple of days ago I unlocked the Division 1 badge, so will probably be in Pinnacle when the next leagues start.

I've been using my Mr2 Gt & 190E but have some others that should do very well in B.
Mash Tuned since 2005 | Youtube

#34 Posted : Thursday, September 17, 2015 11:55:04 PM(UTC)
I don't understand the ranking system, but it makes a nice change from the multiplayer hoppers. People tend to be a bit more considerate, at least in my experience.
#35 Posted : Friday, September 18, 2015 12:07:36 AM(UTC)
I'm fairly annoyed at he open/closing times.

I've not been able to do one race yet in a B league, due to life.
#36 Posted : Friday, September 18, 2015 12:22:37 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: PTG Claret Go to Quoted Post
I'm fairly annoyed at he open/closing times.

I've not been able to do one race yet in a B league, due to life.

It's been good this week while i've been off work, but from next week onwards due to the time brackets i wont be able to do much league racing at all...

Mash Tuned since 2005 | Youtube

#37 Posted : Friday, September 18, 2015 12:33:31 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: GMX09 Go to Quoted Post
I don't understand the ranking system, but it makes a nice change from the multiplayer hoppers. People tend to be a bit more considerate, at least in my experience.

I'm not convinced it's working properly, the first time I started racing in leagues it put me in grassroots in the intro league, and without even winning anything, it put me straight into Elite in the B Class league, and I can't seem to make it move from Elite, regardless of how well, or badly I do.

It doesn't really make a lot of sense to me.
 1 user liked this post.
#38 Posted : Friday, September 18, 2015 1:26:20 AM(UTC)
I somehow ended up in pinnacle without completing my first race. Its been a mixed bag for me. I was able to win one race and I averaged between 3rd and 8th place the few races I ran. I made it as high as position 155 out of 565 last I checked. I have not run anymore races because there were people crashing into others and a couple with cars that were all speed and no handling or braking. Needless to say those drivers caused issues as well. There was still some slight corner cutting also (I thought being in pinnacle would mean better quality races...boy was I wrong). I play Drive Club on PS4. I don't know what the triggers are but, going off track too much or too far triggers a forced slow down for 3 seconds or so. It would be good to have something like that in Forza.

Another thing that might make Leagues better would be classes. Right now, the available B Class League would be an Ultimate B Class to me. Meaning any upgrades are legal. It would be nice to have a class where race tires, suspension, front and rear anti-roll bars, race brakes, race weight reduction, and front and rear down force were mandatory upgrades along with no engine, drivetrain or aspiration swaps. This would limit the amount of cars that could be run in a League's class to those that would be naturally competitive. Also it should lead to cars better suited to the close racing inherent in Leagues because the cars have the capacity to handle and brake better although the driver has the most impact on the quality of racing in the lobby. There are plenty of run whatever you bring multiplayer hoppers. I think Leagues would be better suited to cars that perform like race cars in their respective classes. Leagues appears more like the style of the various motorsport clubs and sanctioned races many of us watch or take part in. These organizations have restrictions on car builds. I think Leagues would be better if it did as well. Just a thought.

All in all Leagues could turn out to be really great. I did have one good race and it was fun. Felt lots of pressure and gave some as well capitalizing on one driver's mistake to take second place. Turn10 is on the right track but there are still some things to work out.
FM1 = New XBox / FM2 = New XBox 360 / FM5 = New XBox One
............................................Racing Inspires.........
#39 Posted : Friday, September 18, 2015 6:20:42 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Danowat32 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: GMX09 Go to Quoted Post

I'm not convinced it's working properly, the first time I started racing in leagues it put me in grassroots in the intro league, and without even winning anything, it put me straight into Elite in the B Class league, and I can't seem to make it move from Elite, regardless of how well, or badly I do.

It doesn't really make a lot of sense to me.

You have to wait until the next batches of leagues come out.

You'll remain in Elite until new league options come about and at that time the game will recalculate where you should be ranked.
#40 Posted : Friday, September 18, 2015 6:26:02 AM(UTC)
I'm in the elite division which doesn't seem right since I'm constantly battling at the extreme backend of the pack. I'm certainly one of the slower drivers, but it's still a lot of fun. For the most part, people seem to try to race clean which is all you can ask for. There may be more bumping and shoving up at the front, but I wouldn't know anything about that.
 3 users liked this post.
#41 Posted : Friday, September 18, 2015 7:47:01 AM(UTC)
OK so after doing some research I know how the ranking system works and it has nothing to do with skill really. Well it is skill based but not like you think. Here is how it works.

Every car is worth 100PTS. So your first and best situation is to be in the fullest lobbies possible. Regardless of your starting spot your score is determined at the end of the race.

So if you started first in a say a mini in a 24 car lobby and win your will score 2300PTS. [Mod Edit - Abbreviated profanity, profanity and profanity that is disguised but still alludes to the words are not permitted - D] If you started last and fight your way through the field and finish 2nd you get 2200 points. So to put it lightly your score has nothing to do with your skill or I'll say you get nothing for your skill.

[Mod Edit - Abbreviated profanity, profanity and profanity that is disguised but still alludes to the words are not permitted - D]

Example. Lets say your unlucky and seem to be in 8-10 car lobbies but you always finish top 2 but can only do say 10 races a week(8000 PTS). Now lets say poor old lil Jonny races 30 races a week in 20 car lobbies and manages to finish top 7 all the time(39000 PTS).

Because he just races in more races he will have a better ranking than the guy that may win more or be a better driver per say.

So in the end if you want to move up the leader boards just race as much as you can and place as high as you can. It has nothing to do with clean driving or skill for the most part.

It is what it is and it does seem to promote better racing but at the same time it is a false system when it comes to higher leagues equaling better drivers

Edited by user Monday, September 21, 2015 1:41:16 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#42 Posted : Friday, September 18, 2015 8:16:48 AM(UTC)
What Phoxxy said is right. The intro league and the B league are scheduled for me when i'm home from work after dinner. I've put in mannnnny races in each, and never winning.

I'm not near my Xbox as I'm in the office now, but I have over 20,000 pts just by logging laps even though I'm just a step above a jobber on-track.
 1 user liked this post.
#43 Posted : Friday, September 18, 2015 8:36:22 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: phoxxy10 Go to Quoted Post
OK so after doing some research I know how the ranking system works and it has nothing to do with skill really. Well it is skill based but not like you think. Here is how it works.

Every car is worth 100PTS. So your first and best situation is to be in the fullest lobbies possible. Regardless of your starting spot your score is determined at the end of the race.

So if you started first in a say mini in a 24 car lobby you will score 2300PTS. [Mod Edit - Abbreviated profanity, profanity and profanity that is disguised but still alludes to the words are not permitted - D] If you started last and fight your way through the field and finish 2nd you get 2200 points. So to put it lightly your score has nothing to do with your skill or I'll say you get nothing for your skill.

[Mod Edit - Abbreviated profanity, profanity and profanity that is disguised but still alludes to the words are not permitted - D]

Example. Lets say your unlucky and seem to be in 8-10 car lobbies but you always finish top 2 but can only do say 10 races a week(8000 PTS). Now lets say poor old lil Jonny races 30 races a week in 20 car lobbies and manages to finish top 7 all the time(39000 PTS).

Because he just races in more races he will have a better ranking than the guy that may win more or be a better driver per say.

So in the end if you want to move up the leader boards just race as much as you can and place as high as you can. It has nothing to do with clean driving or skill for the most part.

It is what it is and it does seem to promote better racing but at the same time it is a false system when it comes to higher leagues equaling better drivers

Your information on ranking higher in the league table is totally correct....

However....

I think this has nothing to do with promotion / relegation through the divisions. I ranked highly through pure attendance last week but remain in grassroots cause in rubbish and come last :)

So your promotion/relegation is decided separately behind the scenes on a separate "chess like" elo system :)

Edited by user Monday, September 21, 2015 1:40:52 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#44 Posted : Friday, September 18, 2015 8:54:39 AM(UTC)
that's extremely helpful and little disturbing.
Thanks, phoxxy.

i'm totally screwed, i'll b in grassroots forever.
#45 Posted : Friday, September 18, 2015 9:20:39 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: PervasiveFall8 Go to Quoted Post
that's extremely helpful and little disturbing.
Thanks, phoxxy.

i'm totally screwed, i'll b in grassroots forever.

That's alright man - eventually even Grassroots will become full of clean racers with the occasional noob because everyone who races a lot will have moved on.

I look forward to seeing you in Grassroots and hopefully we can race together one day.
#46 Posted : Friday, September 18, 2015 9:40:15 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Amused2Death 66 Go to Quoted Post

So if you started first in a say mini in a 24 car lobby you will score 2300PTS. [Mod Edit - Abbreviated profanity, profanity and profanity that is disguised but still alludes to the words are not permitted - D] If you started last and fight your way through the field and finish 2nd you get 2200 points. So to put it lightly your score has nothing to do with your skill or I'll say you get nothing for your skill.

However....

I think this has nothing to do with promotion / relegation through the divisions. I ranked highly through pure attendance last week but remain in grassroots cause in rubbish and come last :)

So your promotion/relegation is decided separately behind the scenes on a separate "chess like" elo system :)

Need to prove that before stating it as fact. I'm in the pro league and there are some crashers in here now.

Edited by user Monday, September 21, 2015 1:40:20 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#47 Posted : Friday, September 18, 2015 10:03:14 AM(UTC)
It's early days so like any ELO system it will take a while to settle. I rember specifically hearing Dan himself mention it was based on an ELO system. Unfortunately I cannot recall in which of the numerous videos.

Also 're read the Week in Review regarding leagues. It specifically differentiates between league points for payouts (spoken about first) and skill (not league position) determining promotion.

Added to which I saw quite a few people who were high up in first league ... Right near the top.... Remain in grassroots when leagues reset.

I believe I am correct based on this. I have no proof for you and it would be good for Turn 10 to clarify how exactly this works. :)

Likewise I believe you are 100% correct with regards to how points are scored each race... I just don't think it has direct bearing on promotion/relegation given the above. Obviously someone placing higher each race given equal playtime will rise quicker than someone placing low, but if someone low were to be back of grid each race but rise to top of weekly league by pure frequency of play - I think that has no bearing on Tru Skill determining division.

Could I be wrong? Hell yeah but this is my understanding.

Edited by user Friday, September 18, 2015 10:09:09 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#48 Posted : Friday, September 18, 2015 10:12:57 AM(UTC)
Ya, would be nice to get an official statement about how exactly everyone's league division is determined, but they may be reluctant to do that, because it could possibly make it easier for some people to game the system to artificially inflate their rank.

Even pinnacle division isn't without some crashers, but they are definitely fewer than an average multiplayer lobby.
#49 Posted : Friday, September 18, 2015 10:26:38 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Amused2Death 66 Go to Quoted Post

However....

Need to prove that before stating it as fact. I'm in the pro league and there are some crashers in here now.

I went from grassroots to pinnacle and barely had any points. I probably did about 20-25 races total and won all but a handful.

What I did do was set top 10s in lobby and beat everyone by at least 15 seconds and my fastest lap was usually 10 seconds faster than anyone else.

If points were the primary factor, I shouldn't be in pinnacle.

Edited by user Monday, September 21, 2015 1:42:04 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#50 Posted : Friday, September 18, 2015 10:29:36 AM(UTC)
Thanks RPM Swerve. This is exactly what I mean :)
19 Pages1234>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error