This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
#1 Posted : Thursday, September 17, 2015 8:30:02 AM(UTC)
I bought myself an Xbox 1 yesterday and set it up, i then purchased the Forza Motorsport 6 ultimate edition download.

The 46gb download was pretty fast, around 1 hour.

It then took 5 hours to get to 3% installed. Its currently now on 21% after a whole day.

what is the average install time for this game? surely it should not be this long? could my xbox console be faulty causing it to take so long to install?

Regards

Edited by user Thursday, September 17, 2015 9:52:35 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#2 Posted : Thursday, September 17, 2015 9:56:12 AM(UTC)
Its installing the update first at the sametime that slows it down, dont use your xb1 or go online otherwise it feel like you on 56k dial up speed. If you goto settings, network then bandwith you see how fast its going, when i was on FH2 it was at 3kb sec, shut everything down I was downloading at 79mb sec what a difference.

Edit
If you install from a disc I turn xb1 offline, then install it takes 25mins or less then update it, but if I do it with xb1 online it takes forever to install.

Edited by user Thursday, September 17, 2015 10:06:56 AM(UTC)  | Reason: added text

#3 Posted : Thursday, September 17, 2015 10:17:32 AM(UTC)
your a star.

i can see its current usage is 53 Mbit/s and its total is 27GB. so another 20gb to go. what i can see is that the download server is shocking. some hour periods its been 1gb an hour. the last one shows it has done 8gb in 15 mins. should be done within the hour now as it seems to be flying :)

so the initial screen that it went through with 6 queued downloads didn't mean it had actually downloaded all the data.

#4 Posted : Thursday, September 17, 2015 5:12:02 PM(UTC)
Downloads/installs are a joke on the xb1

Notification

Icon
Error