1 user liked this post.
#1 Posted : Monday, September 14, 2015 8:07:27 PM(UTC)
On a private match, I select 23 drivatars to race with, but only 5 appear! I want to play in a private match because there is more freedom, but I don't want to race against five cars! PLEASE fix this.
Thank you.

Edited by user Tuesday, September 15, 2015 3:09:27 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#2 Posted : Tuesday, September 15, 2015 2:57:05 PM(UTC)
Yes please fix this! Private matches are the best 50 lappers on the ovals are insane.. Please turn 10 fix this.
#3 Posted : Tuesday, September 15, 2015 3:08:23 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: VoodooUomo Go to Quoted Post
Let me try to add a bit of clarity to this issue.
FM6 does restrict every player to 5 drivatars in multiplayer. So to get to a full 24 player lobby with drivatars you need 4 human players.

There are technical reasons for this: there is CPU and network overhead involved in playing in multiplayer. When you're racing in multiplayer we have to use your CPU and network connection to send updates to the server (which then sends those updates to everybody else) about what you and your car are doing.

When you're running drivatars in a multiplayer lobby, each drivatar gets an "owner". This is the player whose console does the processing and sends the updates for the drivatar's car. This takes CPU and network upload bandwidth, and uses more of both the more cars you're controlling on your console.
To make sure you can run at a flawless 60 fps and use as little bandwidth as possible (so that the game doesn't hog your connection and works for those of you on slower connections), we set that restriction to 5 drivatars per console/connection.

That's the explanation for what is happening and why. That said, we've heard you loud and clear. And we know you're looking for a specific experience (racing a full field of certain cars or car types) that you can't get in Free Play and are turning to multiplayer for that. We're always listening trying our best to provide you with the experiences you want.

I hope that the technical explanation helps, if only a little bit.

Community Manager | ManteoMax.com Forza spreadsheets

Notification

Icon
Error