This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
12 Pages<<7891011>>PrevNext
#201 Posted : Wednesday, October 7, 2015 7:20:55 PM(UTC)
By the way those "change your badge from bronze to platinum" chevos are really lame so much potential wasted.

Could be used for drift or endurance races.
 1 user liked this post.
#202 Posted : Thursday, October 8, 2015 2:35:09 AM(UTC)
I now have this achievement done by pure luck!

I joined a hopper, picked a car and was loading a tune when the timer ran out. So I didn't know if I was going to be returned to the lobby when the saving screen ended.

But then I was into the race I'm assuming in 24th place as I was a long, long way behind everyone else in the lobby. The lobby only had 8 players.

I won the race and the achievement popped much to my surprise. Job done.
 1 user liked this post.
#203 Posted : Thursday, October 8, 2015 5:02:05 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Paul40till5 Go to Quoted Post
I unlocked this by drag racing online...only 7 people in lobby and I was the odd man out so I raced myself...not sure how but it counted...

Originally Posted by: Parky66 Go to Quoted Post

I joined a hopper, picked a car and was loading a tune when the timer ran out. So I didn't know if I was going to be returned to the lobby when the saving screen ended.

But then I was into the race I'm assuming in 24th place as I was a long, long way behind everyone else in the lobby. The lobby only had 8 players.

I don't have the game yet, but maybe THIS is where people that have it could do some more "testing". It seems to be possible to get the achievement another way.
#204 Posted : Thursday, October 8, 2015 10:05:56 AM(UTC)

What hopper was you on?
 1 user liked this post.
#205 Posted : Thursday, October 8, 2015 12:48:22 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Guitar LInc0ln Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Paul40till5 Go to Quoted Post
I unlocked this by drag racing online...only 7 people in lobby and I was the odd man out so I raced myself...not sure how but it counted...

I don't have the game yet, but maybe THIS is where people that have it could do some more "testing". It seems to be possible to get the achievement another way.

I've tried it with the drag method to no avail. Odd one out, setting fastest time, and nothing. Maybe there are some weird conditions that need apply. It seems though you don't need to be in a 24-player race, you just need to start in 24th place, i.e. in that particular grid position.

Edit: Maybe that's it for drag? Maybe in one of the drag races you are put onto the 24th grid position, and if you land on the according side you get a tick for starting in 24th and then you just have to post the fastest time? Maybe I simply didn't have this happen in my drag test, and I don't think I ended up doing a race at Hockenheim.

Edited by user Thursday, October 8, 2015 1:08:41 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#206 Posted : Friday, October 9, 2015 12:06:56 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Xpro PT Go to Quoted Post

What hopper was you on?

It doesn't matter. It's a glitch I think. I did it yesterday again. Same senerio but 13 people in the hopper, I'm 24th!
#207 Posted : Friday, October 9, 2015 12:52:46 AM(UTC)

It doesn't matter. It's a glitch I think. I did it yesterday again. Same senerio but 13 people in the hopper, I'm 24th!

Putting you at the back, i.e. in 24th place, may be the equivalent to starting from the pits, seeing you didn't get your car ready in time. If so, it'll make this achievement a lot easier. You only need to start in the 24th grid position. Same for some of the mods, where you need to start from a particular position, e.g. 24th, but you still get the bonus credits even if there isn't a full field. That's probably the way to do it. Thanks for sharing!
 3 users liked this post.
#208 Posted : Friday, October 9, 2015 2:02:16 AM(UTC)
just leave it as it is. nice and hard sort of unicorn achievement.

if you modify it people are just going to cheat it. like people have hinted above.

getting 24 players in a room to let you win from the back is lame.

2 users liked this post.
#209 Posted : Saturday, October 10, 2015 6:47:38 AM(UTC)
Please Turn 10, fix or change the 'Thru the Pack' achievement.

*Some users here don't care about achievements. I understand that. But don't forget and respect, that many other people do.*

1) The achievement is purely luck based. You only have a 4,2 % chance to start on 24th position, and then you have to win the race, which is hard enough. I'm trying for 17 hours now to get this achievement and I was never in 24th place. And by that I mean boosting only with other 23 people who would like to have this achievement, just to give you an impression how hard this is.

2) There are huge connection problems with the matchmaking/lobby. Many, many time we were 24 players in the hopper selection but only 22 or 23 could get in the lobby where you select the car/vote for track because they can't connect. Furthermore Combine this with #1, the chance to get this is extremely slim.

3) About 400 people got the achievement until now. It's getting harder and harder to find people help getting this in the future. With several other games comming around in a few weeks, it will be impossible to get it then.

4) You can't even try this the normal way without boosting now, because the chance that you will find a full 24 player lobby is close to zero, most of the time you will see only 15-20 players around.

So please Turn 10, make us happy and change the achievement. Perhaps make it 'viral' so you can unlock it by beating somebody who already got it. Or allow us to unlock it it a private lobby with bots/AI drivatars.
 2 users liked this post.
#210 Posted : Saturday, October 10, 2015 6:51:52 AM(UTC)
Looks like the moderators didn't like my petiton in the support section and deleted my post...

Edited by user Saturday, October 10, 2015 7:31:40 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

3 users liked this post.
#211 Posted : Saturday, October 10, 2015 8:20:23 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FranconianX Go to Quoted Post
Please Turn 10, fix or change the 'Thru the Pack' achievement.

*Some users here don't care about achievements. I understand that. But don't forget and respect, that many other people do.*

1) The achievement is purely luck based. You only have a 4,2 % chance to start on 24th position, and then you have to win the race, which is hard enough. I'm trying for 17 hours now to get this achievement and I was never in 24th place. And by that I mean boosting only with other 23 people who would like to have this achievement, just to give you an impression how hard this is.

2) There are huge connection problems with the matchmaking/lobby. Many, many time we were 24 players in the hopper selection but only 22 or 23 could get in the lobby where you select the car/vote for track because they can't connect. Furthermore Combine this with #1, the chance to get this is extremely slim.

3) About 400 people got the achievement until now. It's getting harder and harder to find people help getting this in the future. With several other games comming around in a few weeks, it will be impossible to get it then.

4) You can't even try this the normal way without boosting now, because the chance that you will find a full 24 player lobby is close to zero, most of the time you will see only 15-20 players around.

So please Turn 10, make us happy and change the achievement. Perhaps make it 'viral' so you can unlock it by beating somebody who already got it. Or allow us to unlock it it a private lobby with bots/AI drivatars.

All valid points.

As I've said before I have no issue with "winning a race from last position", that is a skill-based requirement and in my opinion Achievements should be skill/completion based.

The issue stems from the fact that you have to be in a 24 person race and start in 24th position before you are even eligible for a chance to get the Achievement.

If it were simply "win a 24 player Multiplayer race" or "win a Multiplayer race from last position on the grid (potentially with a minimum grid size in place)" it would be a perfectly balanced Achievement. It would still be reasonably difficult to obtain and require the same amount of skill to complete.

It is the very slim chance of being allowed to attempt the Achievement which is the crux of the issue here, and while Achievements mean different things to different people, I feel this is something that should be looked into.
#212 Posted : Saturday, October 10, 2015 9:13:16 AM(UTC)
potentially with a minimum grid size in place)

It all ready has one in place 24 is the min grid size and I like that fact
#213 Posted : Monday, October 12, 2015 2:57:10 PM(UTC)
Got few boosting sessions, 1st one starting tonight: https://www.trueachievem...x?gamingsessionid=550170
 5 users liked this post.
#214 Posted : Monday, October 12, 2015 6:30:20 PM(UTC)
This achievement really does no good besides drive the Forza Faithful crazy. Whoever decided this achievement was a good idea needs to be taken behind the paddock and beat with wired controllers.
 1 user liked this post.
#215 Posted : Monday, October 12, 2015 7:14:13 PM(UTC)
I already quit on this boosting sessions gonna finish single player. Then is all Halo 5 and Fallout 4.

Some people are lucky and get on their first session others try for so long that they make new friends (unlucky ones just like me).
#216 Posted : Monday, October 12, 2015 7:17:00 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Xpro PT Go to Quoted Post
I already quit on this boosting sessions gonna finish single player. Then is all Halo 5 and Fallout 4.

Some people are lucky and get on their first session others try for so long that they make new friends (unlucky ones just like me).

Spent 2.5 hours boosting yesterday. Only got two legit races done with issues going from pre-lobby to lobby and people dropping (not by their own fault).

#217 Posted : Monday, October 12, 2015 7:59:38 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: tigerninjago Go to Quoted Post
Got few boosting sessions, 1st one starting tonight: https://www.trueachievem...x?gamingsessionid=550170

Thanks for setting it up. We'll give it a try tomorrow. 8 PM Eastern.
#218 Posted : Tuesday, October 13, 2015 6:09:00 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: xJohnGalt117x Go to Quoted Post

Thanks for setting it up. We'll give it a try tomorrow. 8 PM Eastern.

10pm EST for today (Wed 14th) and tomorrow.
Oct 14th: https://www.trueachievem...?gamingsessionid=550172
Oct 15th: https://www.trueachievem...x?gamingsessionid=550173

Edited by user Wednesday, October 14, 2015 5:22:07 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#219 Posted : Tuesday, October 13, 2015 6:46:04 PM(UTC)
New update let's hope.... ohhh forget about it.

I used to unlock all forza chevos but then I took "Thru the pack" in the knee.

1 user liked this post.
#220 Posted : Tuesday, October 13, 2015 6:52:46 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: dub marine Go to Quoted Post
just leave it as it is. nice and hard sort of unicorn achievement.

if you modify it people are just going to cheat it. like people have hinted above.

getting 24 players in a room to let you win from the back is lame.

You should take a look on trueachievements. The harder or more luck based an achievement is the more people will cheat it, glitch it or boost it.

This achievement is now meaningless given how many people have boosted it.

How they did I have no idea and could not care less but I have seen posts like 4 x 12 hours sessions and then finally I started last and 23 people pulled over for me.
I blame the ants.
#221 Posted : Wednesday, October 14, 2015 3:42:16 PM(UTC)
 3 users liked this post.
#222 Posted : Thursday, October 15, 2015 5:38:12 AM(UTC)
This may have come up before, but I'm curious if Turn 10 will adjust the requirements for this achievement. I'm finding it difficult to find full 24 player lobbies to even attempt it.

Anyone else having this issue?

It would be nice if the conditions for the achievement were changed to simply be the last player in the pack to finish first.

I appreciate your time.

Best regards.
#223 Posted : Thursday, October 15, 2015 7:55:03 AM(UTC)
Need few players for boosting session today: https://www.trueachievem...x?gamingsessionid=550173
#224 Posted : Thursday, October 15, 2015 9:49:02 AM(UTC)
Need few players for boosting session today: https://www.trueachievem...x?gamingsessionid=550173

I've signed up Tiger. Hope we can get this done tonight!
#225 Posted : Tuesday, October 20, 2015 4:21:40 AM(UTC)
It looks like peoples' interest in this Achievement is waning.

As we all know it's very difficult to qualify for under "natural" conditions but looking at TrueAchievements there are very few boosting sessions as well; last month there were multiple full sessions each day for example.

Much like the Kinect-related Achievement in Forza Motorsport 4 I don't think I'll ever get this one despite being a strong Multiplayer driver; I rarely see 24 player races these days and when I do I'm usually starting mid-pack. Oh well.

Edited by user Tuesday, October 20, 2015 5:38:49 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Typo correction.

12 Pages<<7891011>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error