This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
12 Pages<<678910>>PrevNext
Rank: Driver's Permit
#176 Posted : Monday, October 5, 2015 12:24:19 AM(UTC)
luck based achievements are garbage, mp related achievements for the most part are IMO garbage... combine them both to the utmost degree and you get thru the pack on forza 6... gotta be the worst achievement in forza history so far, and one of the worst achs ive seen in a while in just about any game in general ... also waiting on the fix for all mp environments 3 weeks later ... love having to wait for turn 10 to make money on a car pack before they can fix something that shouldnt have needed fixing in the first place O.o
Rank: D-Class Racing License
#177 Posted : Monday, October 5, 2015 12:25:12 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: SirLugash Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: jayeffaar Go to Quoted Post
Your solution to the tune and design achievements isn't to actually do it right


Oh really?
The description tells me to earn Credits from Tunes and Designs.
Whether friends have to use them or strangers isn't specified, therefore I did it right.

Originally Posted by: jayeffaar Go to Quoted Post
[...] just to unlock an achievement that in the end, you didn't really achieve.


... And I couldn't care less.
They are just achievements, they have no real life impact.
If this was in some kind of competition you would have a point, but considering this is more like a private checklist of stuff you've done it shouldn't be anyone elses concern.

Originally Posted by: jayeffaar Go to Quoted Post
Same thing with people who would like to be able to fill a private lobby with 23 friends, and have everyone take turns starting last and being let through the pack to finish first. That's not winning the achievement, that's cheating.


No, it's using the tools the game gives you to your advantage.

Originally Posted by: jayeffaar Go to Quoted Post
It's perfectly fine that some of them are very difficult to get. That's what makes it so much sweeter when you finally do get it. Not everyone will. That's ok. You can't cheese your way throught every challenge in life either.


If the difficulty is primarily based on luck I disagree.
And comparing challenges in life to an achievement within a game is silly to say the least.


Well, when you are a big cheater in games and in your mind, as you clearly shows us with your posts, I dont think noone belives you are able to "stop" your behaviour when you stop playing games and I guess you cheat/take shortcuts in most parts of life. I couldnt care less, and as you say, its achievements with no reallife impact, but for you with all this nagging, crying and whining it seems very important......
Using the tools the game gives you... ha-ha-ha, you really trying to explaing your cheating. What tools are you talking about by the way?
Rank: D-Class Racing License
#178 Posted : Monday, October 5, 2015 12:32:49 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Xpro PT Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: SirLugash Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: FranconianX Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: SirLugash Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: nibbles Go to Quoted Post
Same here, no patch for this achievement and I'm done; only achievements i have left are completing all the campaign races and theres no point in playing on if i cannot achieve 100%. Starting from the back (removing the 24 player criteria) would work as every single game has the potential.


Even though I understand the frustration with this achievement, I don't understand the sentiment that a game isn't worth playing because of one achievement that you might not get...


It's a philosophy thing for achievement hunters and completionists. Most of us play a game to finish it, which means playing through all modes, getting all the achievements and then shelf it/sell it. What he means is, if you can't get 100 % because of some achievement, there is no point do to the grind and win all career races (wich is playing the career six times and will take about 100 hours alone), because you will never complete the game anyway.


I know, because I am (or was) an achievement hunter and completionist myself.
However, that never stopped me from playing games I'm interested in, even if I know I won't be able to complete them.
That's why I have GoW1 and GoW3 in my list even though I'll never get the Seriously... achievements.
Or GRAW and the "Be first in every leaderboard" achievements.
I still played them, enjoyed them and didn't let improbable achievements get in my way.

Again, I understand that not getting every achievement can be frustrating, but contrary to what you said it appears to me that Franconian has no interest in playing this game any further if it won't get patched, which is a shame since it's a great game overall.


I agree with you but achievements hunters are at least 1/4 of xbox gamers and we don't understand how the game have 99% of the achievements dead easy and 1 being stupidity hard. You know the impact this would have in some gamers why do this for.

The achievement should be changed to finish 1st from last without requiring 24 players.

I rather have to finish forza 6 single player 10 time than having to rely on 24 player lobby.


Why do you think that 1 of 4 plays for ach? My guess would be 1 out of 10 000. Do you have any reliable link? I have more than 200 friends on my frlist and none of them buy a game for achievements. With your arguments, approx 50+ of them would be achhunters....

How can you claim that they should change the ach in this game when most people buying this game(9 999 of 10 000) are buying it to actually play it and couldnt care less about achievements? Isnt that very selfish claim if it turns out that achhunters are closer to my guess?

Edited by user Monday, October 5, 2015 12:33:55 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: D-Class Racing License
#179 Posted : Monday, October 5, 2015 12:57:38 AM(UTC)
Oh wow...achievements apparently matter to some people?

I have never been able to wrap my head around why they are so popular. If anything, they detract from the playing of the actual game to me.
Rank: B-Class Racing License
#180 Posted : Monday, October 5, 2015 1:37:31 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Mondochiwan Go to Quoted Post
Oh wow...achievements apparently matter to some people?

I have never been able to wrap my head around why they are so popular. If anything, they detract from the playing of the actual game to me.


I'm not much of an achievement hunter myself but on some games they encourage you to play a certain game mode or in a certain style which I can appreciate. Particularly on FM6 I believe there are some to do with career and showcases (which I've barely touched) so in some cases achievements encourage you to try different game modes and such.

As for this particular achievement surely it would feel better to unlock this for real instead of boosted. (Even if the odds are highly against you to actually do so)

Rank: C-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#181 Posted : Monday, October 5, 2015 5:30:48 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: CoastKey Go to Quoted Post

Well, when you are a big cheater in games and in your mind, as you clearly shows us with your posts, I dont think noone belives you are able to "stop" your behaviour when you stop playing games and I guess you cheat/take shortcuts in most parts of life. I couldnt care less, and as you say, its achievements with no reallife impact, but for you with all this nagging, crying and whining it seems very important......
Using the tools the game gives you... ha-ha-ha, you really trying to explaing your cheating. What tools are you talking about by the way?


Well I can differentiate real life from games.
Apparently you can't or you just don't know what the hell you're talking about.
I couldn't care less what others believe I am able or unable to do and it's rather pretentious to draw conclusions like this if you haven't even met me in person.
Keep your keyboard psychological analysis to yourself.

I am a big cheater? Please explain why.

All my nagging and crying? Where?
I complained at the very beginning because of the disproportionately harsh requirements involved.
After that I was merely talking with other people, sharing thoughts, nothing else.
If all my previous posts were nagging and crying to you, I'm questioning your ability to read and comprehend.

As for the tools the game gives you... For example being able to invite 23 other people before looking for a public lobby.
Or letting friends download your tunes and designs and not specifically counting strangers.
It's not cheating, it's helping each other out.
In both examples, you get no advantage over other people, no one else is getting cheated.

If you still want to call it cheating, you could also argue that reducing difficulty in the career is cheating as well as it makes it easier for you.

Edited by user Monday, October 5, 2015 5:37:08 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: Driver's License
#182 Posted : Monday, October 5, 2015 5:42:21 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: CoastKey Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Xpro PT Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: SirLugash Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: FranconianX Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: SirLugash Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: nibbles Go to Quoted Post
Same here, no patch for this achievement and I'm done; only achievements i have left are completing all the campaign races and theres no point in playing on if i cannot achieve 100%. Starting from the back (removing the 24 player criteria) would work as every single game has the potential.


Even though I understand the frustration with this achievement, I don't understand the sentiment that a game isn't worth playing because of one achievement that you might not get...


It's a philosophy thing for achievement hunters and completionists. Most of us play a game to finish it, which means playing through all modes, getting all the achievements and then shelf it/sell it. What he means is, if you can't get 100 % because of some achievement, there is no point do to the grind and win all career races (wich is playing the career six times and will take about 100 hours alone), because you will never complete the game anyway.


I know, because I am (or was) an achievement hunter and completionist myself.
However, that never stopped me from playing games I'm interested in, even if I know I won't be able to complete them.
That's why I have GoW1 and GoW3 in my list even though I'll never get the Seriously... achievements.
Or GRAW and the "Be first in every leaderboard" achievements.
I still played them, enjoyed them and didn't let improbable achievements get in my way.

Again, I understand that not getting every achievement can be frustrating, but contrary to what you said it appears to me that Franconian has no interest in playing this game any further if it won't get patched, which is a shame since it's a great game overall.


I agree with you but achievements hunters are at least 1/4 of xbox gamers and we don't understand how the game have 99% of the achievements dead easy and 1 being stupidity hard. You know the impact this would have in some gamers why do this for.

The achievement should be changed to finish 1st from last without requiring 24 players.

I rather have to finish forza 6 single player 10 time than having to rely on 24 player lobby.


Why do you think that 1 of 4 plays for ach? My guess would be 1 out of 10 000. Do you have any reliable link? I have more than 200 friends on my frlist and none of them buy a game for achievements. With your arguments, approx 50+ of them would be achhunters....

How can you claim that they should change the ach in this game when most people buying this game(9 999 of 10 000) are buying it to actually play it and couldnt care less about achievements? Isnt that very selfish claim if it turns out that achhunters are closer to my guess?


If for you the game is fine you don't give a damn about achievements, why are you here defending your gaming style?

Edited by user Monday, October 5, 2015 5:47:45 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: D-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#183 Posted : Monday, October 5, 2015 6:12:51 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Xpro PT Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: CoastKey Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Xpro PT Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: SirLugash Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: FranconianX Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: SirLugash Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: nibbles Go to Quoted Post
Same here, no patch for this achievement and I'm done; only achievements i have left are completing all the campaign races and theres no point in playing on if i cannot achieve 100%. Starting from the back (removing the 24 player criteria) would work as every single game has the potential.


Even though I understand the frustration with this achievement, I don't understand the sentiment that a game isn't worth playing because of one achievement that you might not get...


It's a philosophy thing for achievement hunters and completionists. Most of us play a game to finish it, which means playing through all modes, getting all the achievements and then shelf it/sell it. What he means is, if you can't get 100 % because of some achievement, there is no point do to the grind and win all career races (wich is playing the career six times and will take about 100 hours alone), because you will never complete the game anyway.


I know, because I am (or was) an achievement hunter and completionist myself.
However, that never stopped me from playing games I'm interested in, even if I know I won't be able to complete them.
That's why I have GoW1 and GoW3 in my list even though I'll never get the Seriously... achievements.
Or GRAW and the "Be first in every leaderboard" achievements.
I still played them, enjoyed them and didn't let improbable achievements get in my way.

Again, I understand that not getting every achievement can be frustrating, but contrary to what you said it appears to me that Franconian has no interest in playing this game any further if it won't get patched, which is a shame since it's a great game overall.


I agree with you but achievements hunters are at least 1/4 of xbox gamers and we don't understand how the game have 99% of the achievements dead easy and 1 being stupidity hard. You know the impact this would have in some gamers why do this for.

The achievement should be changed to finish 1st from last without requiring 24 players.

I rather have to finish forza 6 single player 10 time than having to rely on 24 player lobby.


Why do you think that 1 of 4 plays for ach? My guess would be 1 out of 10 000. Do you have any reliable link? I have more than 200 friends on my frlist and none of them buy a game for achievements. With your arguments, approx 50+ of them would be achhunters....

How can you claim that they should change the ach in this game when most people buying this game(9 999 of 10 000) are buying it to actually play it and couldnt care less about achievements? Isnt that very selfish claim if it turns out that achhunters are closer to my guess?


If for you the game is fine you don't give a damn about achievements, why are you here defending your gaming style?


Im not defending anything. Im pointing out that one guy says its not important with achievements in the same post as he complains about achievements as well as trying his best to find a shortcut to get achievement, and the other guy who claims 1 out of 4 who owns a Xbox is playing for achievements and not the game itself. Both pretty pointless as most of this thread. There is lots of players having this ach and this whole thread and similar whiningthreads are making this forums a sorry place to be for people maybe coming here to get help or give help. 8 pages with complaints about a hard achievement.. Shouldnt that be enough, or is there any other ways for you guys to nag about this?
Rank: Racing Permit
 3 users liked this post.
#184 Posted : Monday, October 5, 2015 6:34:25 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: the jeffmeister Go to Quoted Post
This is truly assenine and a slap in the face to the Forza faithful! I've played and completed every Forza series game, even Forza MotorSports on the original Xbox system. I'm completely done with Turn 10 & Forza, due to this achievement. I feel others should boycott then as well & don't spend your money on their products. Please boycott & don't waste your time and money anymore!!


Here have a snickers
Rank: Moderator
 3 users liked this post.
#185 Posted : Monday, October 5, 2015 6:51:31 AM(UTC)
It looks like some of us are not working and playing well with others.

Hands up, who wants a ban?

✔ Verified Moderator


Rank: Driver's License
#186 Posted : Monday, October 5, 2015 7:32:34 AM(UTC)
Internet Zeus is not happy let's click like. What's the insue here? I see gamers sharing their opinions on this topic.

Is North Korea taking over?
Rank: Moderator
 2 users liked this post.
#187 Posted : Monday, October 5, 2015 8:37:05 AM(UTC)
Positive mental attitude > Positively mental attitude
Rank: Driver's License
 1 user liked this post.
#188 Posted : Monday, October 5, 2015 8:55:01 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: WindsweptDragon Go to Quoted Post
Positive mental attitude > Positively mental attitude


Got it. A simple calm down would be enough.

Do moderators understand how infuriating is when they show up a start saying they gonna ban people out of nowhere?

I'm not saying that we don't get enough information from the devs or moderators about certain things about the game but like many games not everyone is happy.

A simple "we are on it" or "devs are looking in to it" would prevent so people to cross the line.
Rank: Moderator
 2 users liked this post.
#189 Posted : Monday, October 5, 2015 9:21:17 AM(UTC)
I think your confusing moderator with nurse maid, we arent here to mollify we are here to ensure the forum rules are obeyed.
Rank: C-Class Racing License
#190 Posted : Monday, October 5, 2015 2:46:56 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: CoastKey Go to Quoted Post

Im not defending anything. Im pointing out that one guy says its not important with achievements in the same post as he complains about achievements as well as trying his best to find a shortcut to get achievement, and the other guy who claims 1 out of 4 who owns a Xbox is playing for achievements and not the game itself.


Don't forget that one guy that claims he can judge people's real life behaviour through some posts in a game forum.
Also rather pointless.
Rank: Moderator
 2 users liked this post.
#191 Posted : Monday, October 5, 2015 2:50:12 PM(UTC)
Will the pair of you please stop bickering or take it to pms please.

Thanks
Rank: Driver's License
 1 user liked this post.
#192 Posted : Tuesday, October 6, 2015 7:57:53 AM(UTC)
8 pages already for this achievement talk. All I can say is every gamer I encountered do not like this one due to high level of randomness.

It's probably better for T10 to make this a badge instead of an achievement. Or patch it to be minimum of 16 players race instead of 24.
Rank: Driver's License
 3 users liked this post.
#193 Posted : Tuesday, October 6, 2015 10:02:36 AM(UTC)
Since I don't see any changes about that in todays patch notes, I don't think it has any priority for T10 to change anything. Very sad, but looks like we have to do those boosting sessions until we get, since the chance is about zero to get it legit. It's about 5-10 % to find a full 24 player lobby, then there is a 4 % chance to start at 24th place and then comming first? Do the math. It's more impossible to find a ticket that wins the lottery while get struck by lightning...
Rank: Driver's License
#194 Posted : Tuesday, October 6, 2015 12:41:12 PM(UTC)
I don't believe they will do something about it.
Rank: A-Class Racing License
 6 users liked this post.
#195 Posted : Tuesday, October 6, 2015 2:04:12 PM(UTC)
Yeah, the achievement is so stupid and so luck based it's not even funny. For over 300 laps and around 700 miles in multiplayer I'm yet to start last in 24 players lobby, which I had the chance to be in four times, three of which it crashed and only loaded one player booting everyone else to lobby, really great idea for an achievement.

People can love games and can love achievements, nothing wrong with that, people judging people cause they like achievements are just silly. If you don't care for what other people care then move on, no need for your input.

The achievement is wrong, it's totally luck based with very little % of actually happening. Many games before changed achievements, Gears of War Ultimate recently for example. There is very simple solution for fixing the achievement and requires very little work from T10. Let the achievement be possible in private lobbies with 4 players and 20 drivatars and problem solved or make the achievement viral, like most of the luck based achievements are, and let others get it for beating a person that has the achievement.

Edited by user Tuesday, October 6, 2015 5:06:18 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: Driver's License
 3 users liked this post.
#196 Posted : Tuesday, October 6, 2015 10:23:10 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: H3rTz DoNuT Go to Quoted Post
Yeah, the achievement is so stupid and so luck based it's not even funny. For over 300 laps and around 700 miles in multiplayer I'm yet to start last in 24 players lobby, which I had the chance to be in four times, three of which it crashed and only loaded one player booting everyone else to lobby, really great idea for an achievement.

People can love games and can love achievements, nothing wrong with that, people judging people cause they like achievements are just silly. If you don't care for what other people care then move on, no need for your input.

The achievement is wrong, it's totally luck based with very little % of actually happening. Many games before changed achievements, Gears of War Ultimate recently for example. There is very simple solution for fixing the achievement and requires very little work from T10. Let the achievement be possible in private lobbies with 4 players and 20 drivatars and problem solved or make the achievement viral, like most of the luck based achievements are, and let others get it for beating a person that has the achievement.


Agree! Devs need to be aware in a few weeks triple A games will come out, and after CoD BO3; Halo 5; Assassins Creed and Fallout 4 no way lobby's will reach 20 players. By December no doubt this achievement will be a 0% chance.

Rank: Racing Permit
#197 Posted : Wednesday, October 7, 2015 10:45:39 AM(UTC)
Does the update patch help with this achievement as the slowest player will be in last place?

Does this reduce the randomness in the lobby?

Not had the chance to investigate this
Forza addict - Self diagnosed
Rank: On the Podium
#198 Posted : Wednesday, October 7, 2015 10:51:11 AM(UTC)
Tried joining some organised sessions for this since I rarely see a "natural" 24 player lobby show up, and unfortunately whatever connection issue I am having with Forza is preventing me from even starting a race.

I guess I won't be getting this one for a while then...
Rank: Driver's License
 1 user liked this post.
#199 Posted : Wednesday, October 7, 2015 11:44:09 AM(UTC)
Extremely disappointed to see nothing has been done about this achievement in the latest patch, turn 10 stop being so stubborn and admit this achievement has not been thought through.
Rank: A-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#200 Posted : Wednesday, October 7, 2015 12:06:54 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Luigi And Guido Go to Quoted Post
Does the update patch help with this achievement as the slowest player will be in last place?

Does this reduce the randomness in the lobby?

Not had the chance to investigate this


No it doesn't, it's still as it was which is all random and PI doesn't affect your grid placement.
12 Pages<<678910>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error