This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
12 Pages12345>>PrevNext
#51 Posted : Monday, September 14, 2015 5:21:44 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: VoodooUomo Go to Quoted Post
The "Thru the Pack" achievement is designed to only unlock in public hoppers.

I have a better chance in doing Seriously 3.0 and Mile high Club Achievements in the same day while being struck by lightning.
This achievement should be attached to one of the Dare Cards
The Achievement Pic should be just a Huge Middle Finger

Edited by user Monday, September 14, 2015 5:23:22 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#52 Posted : Monday, September 14, 2015 5:29:36 PM(UTC)
This just seems like an actual "achievement". I like it, it makes you feel as if you actually achieved something special and earned every bit of it. Most achievements lately just feel like participation ribbons. Like "hey, thanks for just doing the basic stuff". I know this won't be easy to attain, I'm by no means a fast driver.

If you think this achievement is impossible, go look at the game that took up most of my time prior to FM2's release... Chromehounds. Go on, check out the achievements for that... I'll wait here.
#53 Posted : Monday, September 14, 2015 6:05:25 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: TGS Hoss360 Go to Quoted Post
This just seems like an actual "achievement". I like it, it makes you feel as if you actually achieved something special and earned every bit of it. Most achievements lately just feel like participation ribbons. Like "hey, thanks for just doing the basic stuff". I know this won't be easy to attain, I'm by no means a fast driver.

If you think this achievement is impossible, go look at the game that took up most of my time prior to FM2's release... Chromehounds. Go on, check out the achievements for that... I'll wait here.

Yes, Chromehounds, apart from the fact that none of the achievements are obtainable any more I can't see anything that has the Thru the Pack level of randomness involved. Looks like an awful lot of grinding was required. #1 on global leaderboard achievements always take a lot of grinding.

We're not complaining about coming from last place to first place. We're complaining that you could never ever get even a chance of getting this achievement. You could be the absolute best Forza driver in the world, if you never find a 24 player lobby, or if you're never placed to start in last place in the 24 player lobbies you can find, there's no way at all to get it. You could do multiplayer from now to the end of time, and never get the randomness to kick out the last place start in a full lobby.

1 user liked this post.
#54 Posted : Monday, September 14, 2015 7:06:41 PM(UTC)
Just coming in here to say I am not a fan of this achievement. Would support it be changed. Reasoning: The randomness. Nobody wants to play a lottery with achievements. Multiplayer achievements are already notorious for this style of randomness and this achievement amplifies it further. (P.S. I love this game.)
#55 Posted : Monday, September 14, 2015 7:18:51 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: MR2TURBO Go to Quoted Post
The Achievement Pic should be just a Huge Middle Finger

That's it.

To quote @Croaker111 from TrueAchievements.com:

Just getting a full lobby isn't going to happen every time and then you have a 1/24 chance of starting out last.
The races are also too short for this unless you are racing against people who have no clue what they are doing.

This achievment needs to be a little bit more obtainible!

At this time there are more then enough complaints about this achievement.
http://www.trueachieveme...ommentid=916449#c917871

I think this will increase much, if the game is released on 19th. This achievement needs a fix. Asap. It should unlock the way, the achievement description says. Sure text is not the algorythm, but the algorythm should be reflecting the text ;)

1 user liked this post.
#56 Posted : Monday, September 14, 2015 8:19:53 PM(UTC)
Yeah I am a little disappointed with this achievement. I would have been happy with something like win 1000 online races which would be hard as hell but well more achievable.
#57 Posted : Monday, September 14, 2015 8:23:15 PM(UTC)

Man that's just mean....lol

"I really regret opening my mouth and talking to you." - Ricky Bobby
 2 users liked this post.
#58 Posted : Monday, September 14, 2015 9:40:04 PM(UTC)

So it's an actual achievement for actually achieving something and not just a free gimme like "share a photo" or "launch the game".

Come on guys, not all achievements will be easy to earn and not all players will be able to get them all. That's the whole point. If everyone is easily able to get it there's nothing special about having it.

In case anyone is wondering or is confused on the matter:

a·chieve·ment
əˈCHēvmənt/

noun
noun: achievement; plural noun: achievements

a thing done successfully, typically by effort, courage, or skill.

"to reach this stage is a great achievement"

synonyms: attainment, realization, accomplishment, fulfillment, implementation, execution, performance;

the process or fact of achieving something.

"the achievement of professional recognition"

Once the game is out a while, go out there, get into a public hopper. Eventually you will start last and you need to win. If you don't have the skill to win from last place, you probably won't get his - or I hope you have at least 23 friends...
 4 users liked this post.
#59 Posted : Monday, September 14, 2015 9:53:37 PM(UTC)
Quote:

synonyms: attainment, realization, accomplishment, fulfillment, implementation, execution, performance;

Yup, see nothing about luck there....

I have no problem doing a hard achievement. LASO in Halo and beating each Halo on legendary in under 3 hours are hard as can be for most people, yet those are fine.
If the game sells millions of copies, and only a single digit amount of people get it, that's just way to luck based.

Another issue with this achievement, is when the player count drops online, you will definitely never be able to get it.

Edited by user Monday, September 14, 2015 9:55:21 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#60 Posted : Monday, September 14, 2015 9:56:16 PM(UTC)

a·chieve·ment
əˈCHēvmənt/

noun

[/quote]

HAHAHAHAHAHA More luck based than effort, courage or skill.

The coming from last to first is great skill well If people didn't ram and drive like clowns.
#61 Posted : Monday, September 14, 2015 10:37:29 PM(UTC)
This is truly assenine and a slap in the face to the Forza faithful! I've played and completed every Forza series game, even Forza MotorSports on the original Xbox system. I'm completely done with Turn 10 & Forza, due to this achievement. I feel others should boycott then as well & don't spend your money on their products. Please boycott & don't waste your time and money anymore!!
 1 user liked this post.
#62 Posted : Monday, September 14, 2015 10:44:48 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: the jeffmeister Go to Quoted Post
This is truly assenine and a slap in the face to the Forza faithful! I've played and completed every Forza series game, even Forza MotorSports on the original Xbox system. I'm completely done with Turn 10 & Forza, due to this achievement. I feel others should boycott then as well & don't spend your money on their products. Please boycott & don't waste your time and money anymore!!

[Mod Edit - Abbreviated profanity, profanity and profanity that is disguised but still alludes to the words are not permitted - D]

Edited by user Tuesday, September 15, 2015 2:22:02 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#63 Posted : Monday, September 14, 2015 10:59:07 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: CTM AudiRS6 Go to Quoted Post
Quote:

Yup, see nothing about luck there....
I have no problem doing a hard achievement. LASO in Halo and beating each Halo on legendary in under 3 hours are hard as can be for most people, yet those are fine.
If the game sells millions of copies, and only a single digit amount of people get it, that's just way to luck based.
Another issue with this achievement, is when the player count drops online, you will definitely never be able to get it.

I agree. Completing 1500 career races is an achievement. Going from last to first in a 24 player lobby with collisions is nearly impossible, now throw in the fact that getting last is a completely random element that one person has no control over. Maybe if it was PI based, I could see people actually being able to achieve it maybe around 100, and if collisions were off, then I could see it actually being something that even 2000 people achieve it.

When MP dies down and cannot fill a 16 player lobby on FM5, how is it going to fill a 24 player lobby? That is the biggest question. Are they going to limit the amount of playlists like they have so far, so that only 3 class based hoppers with drag and other random hoppers, or will they add all classes, etc.
 2 users liked this post.
#64 Posted : Tuesday, September 15, 2015 1:07:57 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: PPiDrive Go to Quoted Post

So it's an actual achievement for actually achieving something and not just a free gimme like "share a photo" or "launch the game".

Come on guys, not all achievements will be easy to earn and not all players will be able to get them all. That's the whole point. If everyone is easily able to get it there's nothing special about having it.

In case anyone is wondering or is confused on the matter:

a·chieve·ment
əˈCHēvmənt/

noun

Once the game is out a while, go out there, get into a public hopper. Eventually you will start last and you need to win. If you don't have the skill to win from last place, you probably won't get his - or I hope you have at least 23 friends...

You really like to be "that guy", don't you?
#65 Posted : Tuesday, September 15, 2015 3:25:35 AM(UTC)
Winning a race isn't the issue, that's something that deserved an achievement. It's the randomness factor of having the chance to earn the achievement that I'm more concerned about.

But then again it's "only" an Achievement, imaginary Internet points etc. ;)
 2 users liked this post.
#66 Posted : Tuesday, September 15, 2015 8:09:57 AM(UTC)
It has to be fixed anyway.

And I was yesterday in a 24 player lobby.
Of course I startet somewhere in the middle
but it didn´t matter because "armageddon"
sums it up quite well.

I´m sure the "achievement" was not intendet like this.

And I hope one day all people here see the big amout of
luck and randomnness that plays a role here.

Nobdy denies to work for it but being 24th in a 24 lobby
is nothing you can work for, its just luck ;)
Forza Motorsport 4 -> finally with active aero :D

My Scale 18 Diecast Collection
 2 users liked this post.
#67 Posted : Tuesday, September 15, 2015 10:37:34 AM(UTC)
If you are in a 24 player lobby, there is 1/24 chance that you will start last. That's about 4%.

Now add in the fact that it won't always be a full lobby, I would say that races start with 24 people about 50% of the time (could very very different, just my estimate).

If it is about 50% , that would mean you're likely to start last in a 24 man lobby 2% of the time. Once every 50 races.

Over the course of the years, if you do 500 or so races, you might have 10 chances at this. People will unlock this achievement. I really like it if I'm honest. Sometimes, achievements should be ridiculous. If you want to get 1000g on every game, well, I can tell you there are more important things in life to be worried about. So what if you will never unlock it, oh well. Some people will, many won't.

Edited by user Tuesday, September 15, 2015 10:39:38 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

3 users liked this post.
#68 Posted : Tuesday, September 15, 2015 10:57:47 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: I Super GT I Go to Quoted Post
If you are in a 24 player lobby, there is 1/24 chance that you will start last. That's about 4%.

Now add in the fact that it won't always be a full lobby, I would say that races start with 24 people about 50% of the time (could very very different, just my estimate).

If it is about 50% , that would mean you're likely to start last in a 24 man lobby 2% of the time. Once every 50 races.

Over the course of the years, if you do 500 or so races, you might have 10 chances at this. People will unlock this achievement. I really like it if I'm honest. Sometimes, achievements should be ridiculous. If you want to get 1000g on every game, well, I can tell you there are more important things in life to be worried about. So what if you will never unlock it, oh well. Some people will, many won't.

It's not an achievement if it's completely random. You'll also have to factor in that there will be a quick driver starting before you and with the short lobby races it'll be very difficult to get to the front cleanly.

This may go down as one of the hardest achievements ever since player skill isn't the primary factor.
#69 Posted : Tuesday, September 15, 2015 11:29:24 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: RPM Swerve Go to Quoted Post

It's not an achievement if it's completely random. You'll also have to factor in that there will be a quick driver starting before you and with the short lobby races it'll be very difficult to get to the front cleanly.

This may go down as one of the hardest achievements ever since player skill isn't the primary factor.

I do agree. I still don't mind the achievement but perhaps it would have been better to 'start last and win (with 20 or more players)' which would make it far more likely since most races currently are starting with 20 or more players. Hey ho, whatever. I hope they don't change it. If you can't get it, well, you can't get it.
 2 users liked this post.
#70 Posted : Tuesday, September 15, 2015 11:59:28 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: RPM Swerve Go to Quoted Post

I do agree. I still don't mind the achievement but perhaps it would have been better to 'start last and win (with 20 or more players)' which would make it far more likely since most races currently are starting with 20 or more players. Hey ho, whatever. I hope they don't change it. If you can't get it, well, you can't get it.

Yea but I doubt it'll change. I don't mind hard achievements and I love that T10 is trying to add difficulty and it's something I've always wanted from one of these games, but I think they missed the mark a bit.

#71 Posted : Tuesday, September 15, 2015 12:00:38 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: PPiDrive Go to Quoted Post

a·chieve·ment
əˈCHēvmənt/

noun

Haha, come on guys! Look at the synonyms. It's all about fulfillment of an objective.

That's where the luck is involved, like executing a lottery-based win! ;-)

#72 Posted : Tuesday, September 15, 2015 12:28:25 PM(UTC)
This is ridiculous Turn 10! No one is going to get this because 1) it's a glitch for now, and 2) it requires the upmost luck for anybody. Change it please! Make it so that you do it with Drivatars in a private lobby instead of a full lobby of racers who don't know what they are doing! CHANGE IT!
 1 user liked this post.
#73 Posted : Tuesday, September 15, 2015 12:28:42 PM(UTC)
I love all the people crying over this achievement. It's not even out worldwide yet...
#74 Posted : Tuesday, September 15, 2015 12:45:23 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: LDSLamboSV Go to Quoted Post
This is ridiculous Turn 10! No one is going to get this because 1) it's a glitch for now, and 2) it requires the upmost luck for anybody. Change it please! Make it so that you do it with Drivatars in a private lobby instead of a full lobby of racers who don't know what they are doing! CHANGE IT!

Why is it a glitch?

Changing it to doing it with drivatars makes it too easy. Anyone would be able to just set them all to the easiest difficulty with 10 laps on the widest track.

#75 Posted : Tuesday, September 15, 2015 7:48:48 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: LDSLamboSV Go to Quoted Post

Why is it a glitch?

Changing it to doing it with drivatars makes it too easy. Anyone would be able to just set them all to the easiest difficulty with 10 laps on the widest track.

Make it 24 real players in a private lobby. Wrangling 24 people together to do this is hard enough. All you need is one person that doesn't listen to instructions.
12 Pages12345>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error