This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
12 Pages1234>>PrevNext
 1 user liked this post.
#26 Posted : Sunday, September 13, 2015 2:46:29 PM(UTC)
Anyone that wants to work together to get this achievement just add your gamertag to my message and when we get 24 people we can organise a time and work through each of us completing the achievement!
#27 Posted : Sunday, September 13, 2015 3:27:03 PM(UTC)
You can set the drivatar difficulty to the easiest possible setting. Get 4 other friends in the lobby and make sure they know you need to win. Then set the lap count so that you can pass 23 other cars and win. Then repeat 3 more times so each of your friends can get the achievement as well.
#28 Posted : Sunday, September 13, 2015 3:59:05 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: PPiDrive Go to Quoted Post
You can set the drivatar difficulty to the easiest possible setting. Get 4 other friends in the lobby and make sure they know you need to win. Then set the lap count so that you can pass 23 other cars and win. Then repeat 3 more times so each of your friends can get the achievement as well.

This method reportedly doesn't work.
That's why we are raising attention to that matter as we thought it would work this way.
#29 Posted : Sunday, September 13, 2015 6:00:52 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: bullitt ad1 Go to Quoted Post
Anyone that wants to work together to get this achievement just add your gamertag to my message and when we get 24 people we can organise a time and work through each of us completing the achievement!

ssrdemo

Edited by user Sunday, September 13, 2015 6:02:06 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

"I really regret opening my mouth and talking to you." - Ricky Bobby
#30 Posted : Sunday, September 13, 2015 6:11:55 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FAULTIER Go to Quoted Post
Yap, as super GT pointed out.

This is very lucked based.
You might get into a 24 lobby but you can't influence your starting position.

Seriously this achievement needs to be rethinked asap.

First of all, there will be many many more people playing multiplayer when the game actually releases. Do you expect full lobbies in pre-release?

This achievement does not need to be rethinked - it's exactly that - an achievement, something one must actually achieve. It won't just be handed to you - learn to live with that and go work for it.
 1 user liked this post.
#31 Posted : Sunday, September 13, 2015 6:21:00 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: PPiDrive Go to Quoted Post
Yap, as super GT pointed out.

This is very lucked based.
You might get into a 24 lobby but you can't influence your starting position.

Seriously this achievement needs to be rethinked asap.

First of all, there will be many many more people playing multiplayer when the game actually releases. Do you expect full lobbies in pre-release?

This achievement does not need to be rethinked - it's exactly that - an achievement, something one must actually achieve. It won't just be handed to you - learn to live with that and go work for it.

That still leaves the starting position to random chance. I had a 21 car race today but started in 20th, how is that skill based or earnable?
 2 users liked this post.
#32 Posted : Sunday, September 13, 2015 6:21:46 PM(UTC)
Kids these days - they want everything to be easy. That's why I started my oldest son and daughter on NES, C64, and PC games first - they're actually challenging.

They're called "Achievements" - glad to see one that actually lives up to the definition. Now go shame some fools on the track from last place - get it done.
 1 user liked this post.
#33 Posted : Sunday, September 13, 2015 6:33:22 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: vZeroG Go to Quoted Post
Kids these days - they want everything to be easy. That's why I started my oldest son and daughter on NES, C64, and PC games first - they're actually challenging.

They're called "Achievements" - glad to see one that actually lives up to the definition. Now go shame some fools on the track from last place - get it done.

Once again... this isn't about "it's too hard" or "I want it served to me, waaa". Part of the achievement is literally random chance. I could start in last place and finish ahead by 30 seconds, only for it to not mean anything because it was a 23 car race as opposed to 24. Or if I DO ever encounter a 24 car race, there's nothing to say I can guarantee starting in last.
 1 user liked this post.
#34 Posted : Sunday, September 13, 2015 6:57:41 PM(UTC)
I wouldn't be surprised if 24 players would actually have to finish the game for it to be counted. Which, let's be realistic, will never happen. Those on the last places can't be bothered with finishing the game. So it is:

24 players needed (that's already a rare thing)
last starting position (1 in 24 chance)
win the race (meaning everybody has to be severely worse than yourself, no good players in the front of the starting grid)
all 24 players have to finish the game

It's probably gonna happen because random things do happen but I think not more than three or four people will get lucky enough to do it. The achievement itself may make itself unachievable. Cause if people really go for this achievement they will join the same games, the hunters that don't start in last place will instantly drop out, nobody can overtake 23 players. I'm not really mad, Horizon 2 already had achievements that were no fun and to complete 1000 points for rewards you could wait for DLC. This is the same.
#35 Posted : Sunday, September 13, 2015 11:01:46 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: X1 Two Go to Quoted Post
I wouldn't be surprised if 24 players would actually have to finish the game for it to be counted. Which, let's be realistic, will never happen. Those on the last places can't be bothered with finishing the game. So it is:

win the race (meaning everybody has to be severely worse than yourself, no good players in the front of the starting grid)

I don't think all 24 players would have to finish the race because that simply never happens. Normally out of 24 people, only 17 or so finish so I think it only means there has to be 24 people when the race starts.

I think this is definitely doable once you get to the back of a 24 person lobby (which will probably happen once every 50 races or something.) If you can get past all of the inevitable pileups you will have a good chance. I would be very interested to see a replay of anyone who manages this.
 2 users liked this post.
#36 Posted : Monday, September 14, 2015 7:26:45 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: I Super GT I Go to Quoted Post

I don't think all 24 players would have to finish the race because that simply never happens. Normally out of 24 people, only 17 or so finish so I think it only means there has to be 24 people when the race starts.

It could be a requirement though.
Problem is, nobody really knows.
It would be nice if the staff could get some clarification on this.
And to everyone saying "This is an achievement, it needs to be earned" let me just remind you that this is a one of a kind achievement in regards to difficulty/randomness.
Forza always had some time consuming and also challenging achievements, but this is just madness.
#37 Posted : Monday, September 14, 2015 8:43:00 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: RTdes Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: phoxxy10 Go to Quoted Post
So the game is not even fully live yet you see a chevo that seems impossible to get and now you want it changed because it is what. To hard to get? Will take to much time ? Oh right all based on luck not skill. Will I guess you better change the painting and tune one for me because I'm not very skilled at either and it will be pure luck for me to complete both of them.

I'm sorry but people that want things changed because it is not just a give me chevo are one selfish because they need to have the 100% thing to puff there chests out and two not willing to accept that sometimes you need a bit of luck in life to get something you really want...... Why don't you just try for a little bit before you decide to complain about something gosh....

You're missing the point entirely. This is not about not being good enough to get something, but an almost impossible combination of factors coming together, just to have a CHANCE to get this achievement.

Let me quoute Batman again.
This has nothing to do with skill but first of all you need two times luck.

And to all the others here.
Please start readings posts.

In my first post I said its not possible in private lobbies because people tried that ;)

Forza Motorsport 4 -> finally with active aero :D

My Scale 18 Diecast Collection
#38 Posted : Monday, September 14, 2015 8:52:30 AM(UTC)
I feel the best chance of this may come when the inevitable ABCS hopper comes along, starting last in S class with 24 players.

Twitter: @RyHirons
 1 user liked this post.
#39 Posted : Monday, September 14, 2015 8:55:54 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: X1 Two Go to Quoted Post

It's probably gonna happen because random things do happen but I think not more than three or four people will get lucky enough to do it. The achievement itself may make itself unachievable. Cause if people really go for this achievement they will join the same games, the hunters that don't start in last place will instantly drop out, nobody can overtake 23 players. I'm not really mad, Horizon 2 already had achievements that were no fun and to complete 1000 points for rewards you could wait for DLC. This is the same.

Yap, another good point.
In most of my races through all Forza-games there were often 1 or 2 people that quit the race before finish.

And again.

What has "be in a 24 lobby and start at last" to do with a achievement?

Check all achievements on XBOX. I think none of them is more luck based than this.

I still think the whole achievement is either bugged or not well thought at all.

Yeah they do force people to tune and paint who are rubbish at it but if they get the achievement than
they worked for it.

But this here is simply luck!

Edited by user Monday, September 14, 2015 8:59:01 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#40 Posted : Monday, September 14, 2015 9:14:26 AM(UTC)
Yeah they do force people to tune and paint who are rubbish at it but if they get the achievement than
they worked for it.

Not exactly.
With some friends (or as little as a second account) you can get these with just a little effort.
#41 Posted : Monday, September 14, 2015 9:27:56 AM(UTC)
I know ;)
But then you or your 2nd account worked for it somehow.

Good to see so many people here from Trueachievments.

1 user liked this post.
#42 Posted : Monday, September 14, 2015 9:58:43 AM(UTC)
I know ;)
But then you or your 2nd account worked for it somehow.

Good to see so many people here from Trueachievments.

Best community for achievement hunters out there ;)
We need to stand together and get this fixed :D

As for the work yeah sure some "work" was done but you don't have to rely on your design / tune skills to get this done without a headache.
The point being it is a manageable thing, not relying on several layers of luck.
I really hope this is just bugged and will be fixed.

Edited by user Monday, September 14, 2015 10:00:10 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#43 Posted : Monday, September 14, 2015 10:02:31 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: SirLugash Go to Quoted Post

And to everyone saying "This is an achievement, it needs to be earned" let me just remind you that this is a one of a kind achievement in regards to difficulty/randomness.
Forza always had some time consuming and also challenging achievements, but this is just madness.

You're right, it could be a requirement, who knows?

I don't think it would be though. If Lewis Hamilton starts an F1 race against 19 other people (in a 20 man race) and all 19 of the other drivers then go on to retire, he is still classed as the winner of a 20 man race. The fact that everyone else left after the race started is irrelevant.

Anyway, that's my logic behind it and I hope I'm right otherwise this achievement would be near enough impossible. I don't think I've ever seen nobody leave a full lobby.

#44 Posted : Monday, September 14, 2015 10:03:43 AM(UTC)
yap I just can´t think that T10 wants to troll us like that and even a moderator here
said "try the xy mod" so even he thought it is probably an easy task.

Apropos.
"Back the pack mod" only drops in 300 K packages and that gives me big pain :(

But anyway, yap TA is the best community for us achievement hunters
and I´m sure we get this fixed :)

#45 Posted : Monday, September 14, 2015 10:14:58 AM(UTC)
I'm in for organized 24 cars race to help each other for this achievement. Please use UTC time for scheduling, and I'm in ET zone, usually evenings work for me.
 1 user liked this post.
#46 Posted : Monday, September 14, 2015 10:19:51 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: SirLugash Go to Quoted Post

You're right, it could be a requirement, who knows?

I don't think it would be though. If Lewis Hamilton starts an F1 race against 19 other people (in a 20 man race) and all 19 of the other drivers then go on to retire, he is still classed as the winner of a 20 man race. The fact that everyone else left after the race started is irrelevant.

Anyway, that's my logic behind it and I hope I'm right otherwise this achievement would be near enough impossible. I don't think I've ever seen nobody leave a full lobby.

Well one could argue that this F1 race would count as a 19 man race if one of them decided to drive home with their car :P
On a serious note though, sure you're right, it would make sense that way.
However it's more about how it is implemented in the game rather than how it would count in real life.

Apropos.
"Back the pack mod" only drops in 300 K packages and that gives me big pain :(

It can also drop in the 150K packages even though with a lower chance.
But yes it can be a pain.
I probably spent 5 Mil on these pack until I got it (but hey it's RNG).

Edited by user Monday, September 14, 2015 10:57:44 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#47 Posted : Monday, September 14, 2015 4:20:24 PM(UTC)
The "Thru the Pack" achievement is designed to only unlock in public hoppers.
#48 Posted : Monday, September 14, 2015 4:39:48 PM(UTC)
And how many players should get the achievement? 0,1%?

I completed every Forza game so far. Some achievements took some effort, sure. But this one is way beyond "Forza-like".
Fuel your fantasy
#49 Posted : Monday, September 14, 2015 5:01:56 PM(UTC)
Don't worry about the players dropping out early. The game just views it like some one that does not cross the line before the timer ends. They are just another DNF player.
Good point about the ABCS lobby. This could also be in tag. It just says start in last place and finish in first. You can do that in a game of tag I believe
 1 user liked this post.
#50 Posted : Monday, September 14, 2015 5:05:07 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: VoodooUomo Go to Quoted Post
The "Thru the Pack" achievement is designed to only unlock in public hoppers.

Wow, does the person who designed the achievement understand how difficult it is to get a 24 player lobby, and have you start in last place? Let alone having you get past 23 other cars without being run off the road in a public lobby?
12 Pages1234>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error