This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
12 Pages<<9101112PrevNext
Rank: C-Class Racing License
#251 Posted : Friday, November 6, 2015 11:33:04 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Xpro PT Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Arizer Go to Quoted Post
Just got mine in a game of tag, not going to grumble at that haha :).


Did you got the 1st place?


Yeah I came 1st, at the time of winning though it was just 22 in the lobby must have started with 24.
Rank: Racing Permit
#252 Posted : Friday, November 6, 2015 1:33:26 PM(UTC)
Never understood why developers (not singling out Turn 10 here) put in achievements that can only realistically be gained by boosting or pure luck. I haven't even started a race in 24th yet, and even if I did the chances of getting through the first few corners without being rammed off the track and winning the race are pretty much zero. Still trying to get that back of the pack dare card as well, although I was lucky to get the manual shifting one very early and used it ever since as I always race that way.
Rank: D-Class Racing License
 3 users liked this post.
#253 Posted : Friday, November 6, 2015 3:38:25 PM(UTC)
Seriously you people need to get a life quit crying and for god sake grow up. It is a video game/ I just wish this thread would die, Oh BTW go and cheat to get this so you can keep telling yourselves you 100% another title........
Rank: D-Class Racing License
 5 users liked this post.
#254 Posted : Friday, November 6, 2015 4:29:14 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: phoxxy10 Go to Quoted Post
Seriously you people need to get a life quit crying and for god sake grow up. It is a video game/ I just wish this thread would die, Oh BTW go and cheat to get this so you can keep telling yourselves you 100% another title........


How nice of you to make such a generalized comment and in so doing belittle people with OCD.
Rank: On the Podium
 2 users liked this post.
#255 Posted : Friday, November 6, 2015 4:50:37 PM(UTC)
I was in Mechberg's live stream today and when it came to Long Beach I was starting 21/21... 2nd by end of Lap 1.

Surely that's Achievement Worthy? ;)
Rank: C-Class Racing License
 3 users liked this post.
#256 Posted : Friday, November 6, 2015 8:01:46 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: phoxxy10 Go to Quoted Post
Seriously you people need to get a life quit crying and for god sake grow up. It is a video game/ I just wish this thread would die, Oh BTW go and cheat to get this so you can keep telling yourselves you 100% another title........


What's even worse is that this thread bothers you so greatly for whatever reason...
Rank: D-Class Racing License
 2 users liked this post.
#257 Posted : Saturday, November 7, 2015 5:13:56 AM(UTC)
Yes it does because during the first week of release people were crying that this was to hard or just wrong to have as an achievement then went on to post up about cheating the game play to get the reward and here we are again full circle people complaining about something being luck or to hard then cry that the devs have not caved in like their mommy or daddy have because they are crying and yelling to have it changed.
So in short yes it bothers me that people today just cant accept the fact that not everything in life is easy or guaranteed to be achieved hence the reason they are called achievements in the first place. I don't care if it is based on luck or skill you still have to do something to get the reward.

Edited by user Saturday, November 7, 2015 5:15:34 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: Driver's License
#258 Posted : Saturday, November 7, 2015 6:07:39 AM(UTC)
at the starting grid pull over, let everyone pass. then after the garunteed turn 1 mayhem make ur way cautiously to the front of the pack. i do this almost everytime i start in the middle or back of the grid. its amazing i dont see more people do this. ill put replays on forza tv. the key is to be patient when it comes to passing and not be a try hard and go for every little opening that may or may not be available to you. and be smart about where you position your car. treat everyone on the track as if they cant drive for their life because 9x out of 10 they probably cant. no double entries no door to door. be more passive. on average 18 out of 24 man grid usually end up crashing each ther anyway so if you can just stay on the track and avoid the wreckers (its possible) your already ahead of the game

^didnt kno you had to start 24th. sorry dont bash me!!

Edited by user Saturday, November 7, 2015 6:23:57 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: C-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#259 Posted : Saturday, November 7, 2015 7:17:33 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: phoxxy10 Go to Quoted Post
Yes it does because during the first week of release people were crying that this was to hard


Why does this bother you again?
Why do you care how others feel about the achievement if it doesn't affect you at all?
Or are you just salty that others grouped up and found a way to get it in an easier way than you did?

Originally Posted by: phoxxy10 Go to Quoted Post
[...] then went on to post up about cheating the game play to get the reward


Cheating the gameplay?
The game allows you to create a pre-made 24 player party before searching for a public lobby.
Those who create such a lobby can do whatever they want in it.
If Turn10 really wanted to make this unboostable this wouldn't be possible.

Originally Posted by: phoxxy10 Go to Quoted Post
So in short yes it bothers me that people today just cant accept the fact that not everything in life is easy or guaranteed to be achieved


Please don't tell me you compare this achievement situation to actual real life challenges...

Originally Posted by: phoxxy10 Go to Quoted Post
hence the reason they are called achievements


Yeah because achievements like "Press Start on the title screen" really require skill and stuff...
Rank: D-Class Racing License
#260 Posted : Saturday, November 7, 2015 10:45:45 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: SirLugash Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: phoxxy10 Go to Quoted Post
Yes it does because during the first week of release people were crying that this was to hard


Why does this bother you again?
Why do you care how others feel about the achievement if it doesn't affect you at all?
Or are you just salty that others grouped up and found a way to get it in an easier way than you did?

Originally Posted by: phoxxy10 Go to Quoted Post
[...] then went on to post up about cheating the game play to get the reward


Cheating the gameplay?
The game allows you to create a pre-made 24 player party before searching for a public lobby.
Those who create such a lobby can do whatever they want in it.
If Turn10 really wanted to make this unboostable this wouldn't be possible.

Originally Posted by: phoxxy10 Go to Quoted Post
So in short yes it bothers me that people today just cant accept the fact that not everything in life is easy or guaranteed to be achieved


Please don't tell me you compare this achievement situation to actual real life challenges...

Originally Posted by: phoxxy10 Go to Quoted Post
hence the reason they are called achievements


Yeah because achievements like "Press Start on the title screen" really require skill and stuff...


Really sir. You are a nice pile. I see its you that is now bothered by me.

if you cant see the reason why it bothers me even after you took the time to quote me than I guess there is no help for you.

for your information boosting a lobby and manipulating the game in such a way to get the desired out come not through a natural progression is a for of cheating.

You are sadly missing the point here but keep picking at me this is so much fun getting under your skin.

Edited by user Saturday, November 7, 2015 11:06:05 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: C-Class Racing License
#261 Posted : Saturday, November 7, 2015 12:45:19 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: phoxxy10 Go to Quoted Post

Really sir. You are a nice pile. I see its you that is now bothered by me.

if you cant see the reason why it bothers me even after you took the time to quote me than I guess there is no help for you.

for your information boosting a lobby and manipulating the game in such a way to get the desired out come not through a natural progression is a for of cheating.

You are sadly missing the point here but keep picking at me this is so much fun getting under your skin.


If you think I'm picking at you then I'm sorry.
I just split up your reply to answer each bit for itself.
I respect your opinion on that matter even though I disagree with it.

As a final note: You may see filling a lobby with an organized group as cheating.
The point is: The game gives you the tool to do that.
It's not like there is network traffic manipulation in place or something.

And no, I'm not bothered by you.
I simply replied to you in a discussion forum, that is all.
Rank: D-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#262 Posted : Saturday, November 7, 2015 2:21:26 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: phoxxy10 Go to Quoted Post

Really sir. You are a nice pile. I see its you that is now bothered by me.


What exactly makes you say this? Or did you see SirLugash call you a pile or anything else for that matter?

Originally Posted by: phoxxy10 Go to Quoted Post
if you cant see the reason why it bothers me even after you took the time to quote me than I guess there is no help for you.


So it bothers you because you've missed the point? How long the game has been played is irrelevant as to whether an achievement is based on luck or not. I, myself, don't like luck-based achievements, that's just the way it is. If I were to choose to complain about it, what about it? If someone were to choose to complain about people complaining, well, depending on the language used they may just be hypocrites. But if they feel it necessary to tell others to get a life, or call people a pile, or whatever else, then they'd be more than just hypocrites, no?

Why does it bother you so much that you'd resort to this?

Originally Posted by: phoxxy10 Go to Quoted Post
for your information boosting a lobby and manipulating the game in such a way to get the desired out come not through a natural progression is a for of cheating.


Firstly, that's debatable. Secondly, even if you consider it cheating, what's it to you? Does it in any way affect YOUR gameplay? If it doesn't, why does it bother you? And yes, luck-based achievements most certainly affects the game play of the people complaining about it.

Originally Posted by: phoxxy10 Go to Quoted Post
You are sadly missing the point here but keep picking at me this is so much fun getting under your skin.


That could almost sound like you're trolling.

Edited by user Saturday, November 7, 2015 2:23:30 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: Moderator
 5 users liked this post.
#263 Posted : Saturday, November 7, 2015 2:34:20 PM(UTC)


Stop it while you still can.


Rank: D-Class Racing License
#264 Posted : Sunday, November 8, 2015 9:30:46 AM(UTC)
I meant this type of pyle anyway. I'm not stirring anything up just posting up one more time to clear up the pile thing.
I'm over it do as you please to get the reward people and best of luck to you how every you get it.

Rank: S-Class Racing License
#265 Posted : Sunday, November 8, 2015 12:31:51 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: phoxxy10 Go to Quoted Post
I meant this type of pyle anyway.


Sorry, but I highly doubt it... Why didn't you just spell it as you did above the first time? I don't think your intentions were as you put it here to begin with...

But, back on topic, the achievement sucks... It's not hard, from last to first, I've done it before... But, 24 people of who, 23 can't drive, and some of them acting as intentional wreckers...
I even have the replay where I should have got it, if it wasn't for a final corner wrecker... But the problem lies in the amount of variables that have to fall in place. The right track to give you the best shot, being in a 24 strong lobby (which if you time it right, is easy to find), starting at the back, not being involved in any first corner incidents, being 'On form' and being better than the rest of the lobby... Yeah, alot of variables to contend with, hense why there is such frustration over it, but I understand entirely!
But, boosting it, not for me. I have everything I need to get it, I just need things to fall into place... And 100k for 5 races? That can't be bad right?
I'll get it sometime, but for the meanwhile, I'll make some massive monetary gains whilst doing so!

Rank: On the Podium
 1 user liked this post.
#266 Posted : Sunday, November 15, 2015 3:57:04 AM(UTC)


One of the most stressful Achievements I have ever had to attempt, simply because of the large randomness factor. In natural play I don't think I ever started 24/24 over the past 2 months (I'm in the B/600 Hoppers every night) so I had to join a boosting session and hope for better luck there. I have won from 23/24 before however so I know I at least had the skill to do this, but never the opportunity. After 2 hours I finally got to start 24/24 and finish the race, and can now put this thing behind me.

I've said it before in this thread but may as well once more: this is a badly-designed Achievement which relies far too much on chance for a player to even have an opportunity to unlock it. Achievements are in my opinion meant to be one of 2 things, skill-based or completion-based. This is neither simply because of the randomness of being in a 24 player hopper and starting 24/24, before a driver can even begin to attempt to unlock it. I sincerely hope we don't see anything like this in a future Forza title; it wasn't fun to do at all and the only reason I went for it is because I'm a bit of a completionist.
Rank: Driver's Permit
#267 Posted : Sunday, November 15, 2015 8:07:29 AM(UTC)
^^
man you got lucky , through the entire 3H season i couldn't start in the 24 place >_<
Rank: B-Class Racing License
#268 Posted : Tuesday, November 17, 2015 5:37:15 AM(UTC)
I havn't done a lot of multi-player racing so far, maybe 100 races or so. I have yet to start last in ANY of them, whether there was a full 24 players or not!
Rank: Driver's License
#269 Posted : Sunday, November 22, 2015 9:11:50 AM(UTC)
Updates based on community feedback = 0

Upsetting and "give me money" micro/macro transactions = all the way bro
Rank: Driver's License
#270 Posted : Monday, November 23, 2015 10:34:19 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Xpro PT Go to Quoted Post
Updates based on community feedback = 0

Upsetting and "give me money" micro/macro transactions = all the way bro


Given how much effort we need to unlock this achievement, I won't mind paying few bucks via micro transactions to unlock it. Remember this one? http://www.xboxachieveme...Buy-an-Achievement.html

I do believe that I have certain level of OCD after all.
Rank: C-Class Racing License
#271 Posted : Wednesday, November 25, 2015 5:41:11 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: tigerninjago Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Xpro PT Go to Quoted Post
Updates based on community feedback = 0

Upsetting and "give me money" micro/macro transactions = all the way bro


Given how much effort we need to unlock this achievement, I won't mind paying few bucks via micro transactions to unlock it. Remember this one? http://www.xboxachieveme...Buy-an-Achievement.html

I do believe that I have certain level of OCD after all.


Oh please don't give them ideas...
Rank: Driver's Permit
#272 Posted : Thursday, November 26, 2015 1:11:12 PM(UTC)
iv done over 5000miles and have only been in two rooms that had a full 24 players in and i did not start last in any of them iv already given up on ever getting this so its going to be the only forza iv never completed full 100% its going to be 99% never mind good game thou
Rank: Driver's Permit
#273 Posted : Sunday, December 20, 2015 12:50:47 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: nibbles Go to Quoted Post
1 0 pages an not single response from developers. I guess once you have our money...........


They may have my money this time but they won't be getting it next time.

Rank: Driver's Permit
#274 Posted : Saturday, January 16, 2016 5:15:26 AM(UTC)
this achievement needs to be changed please turn 10 i really want 100% on this game
Rank: On the Podium
#275 Posted : Saturday, January 16, 2016 6:13:34 AM(UTC)
It won't be changed.

All you can hope for is that something like this doesn't show up in a future title.
12 Pages<<9101112PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error