3 Pages123Prev
#51 Posted : Friday, September 25, 2015 6:18:59 AM(UTC)
With all the trouble of getting the TX wheel setup, is it still worth it over the Logitch wheel? Do the G920's have all the same issues? Or is this a wheel in general issue on F6? I have the new TX wheel combo ordered and am now worried I am spending a ton of cash on a big headache instead of more fun. I still have time to cancel the order.
#52 Posted : Friday, September 25, 2015 7:21:59 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: im2fast4u711 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: HLR Leceur Go to Quoted Post
It all has to do with the forces you feel when taking turns, so I meant you can really feel the car and the weight through the wheel.

Yes they are a part of the overall experience, but i find the actual ffb, the forces that effect your steering, aren't strong enough for my liking. These conversations will always go back and forth because we have different opinions, and I'm happy you guys are enjoying it, I just wish I could as well. I dont mind playing with a controller, i think that's where forza excels, i just wish when I felt like playing with my not so cheap wheel and pedal setup I could get some enjoyment out of the game.

You do realize that FFB (100% in settings) are stronger on cars with high handling number in vehicle stats. When I tune the game gives me feedback via FFB on how well I have setup the car. Poor setup the FFB feels weak, when I setup right I can feel the FFB nice and strong like the car is hooking up around high speed corners. So, not necessarily FFB is poor, but rather vehicle is not optimally tuned and FFB reflects that. Just my 2 cents worth.

1 user liked this post.
#53 Posted : Friday, September 25, 2015 8:13:10 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: BoWing Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: im2fast4u711 Go to Quoted Post
It all has to do with the forces you feel when taking turns, so I meant you can really feel the car and the weight through the wheel.

Yes they are a part of the overall experience, but i find the actual ffb, the forces that effect your steering, aren't strong enough for my liking. These conversations will always go back and forth because we have different opinions, and I'm happy you guys are enjoying it, I just wish I could as well. I dont mind playing with a controller, i think that's where forza excels, i just wish when I felt like playing with my not so cheap wheel and pedal setup I could get some enjoyment out of the game.

You do realize that FFB (100% in settings) are stronger on cars with high handling number in vehicle stats. When I tune the game gives me feedback via FFB on how well I have setup the car. Poor setup the FFB feels weak, when I setup right I can feel the FFB nice and strong like the car is hooking up around high speed corners. So, not necessarily FFB is poor, but rather vehicle is not optimally tuned and FFB reflects that. Just my 2 cents worth.

My favorite thing to do in forza is just run stock tunes and see how the cars are. My favorite hopper is cycled production, so I can't tune anything. When the cars are stock that's where you feel the base of forzas physics, and I just dont feel as though it translates well through the wheel. Some cars feel right, but most aren't , I won't say undrivable, but unraceable. It was like this in forza 5, you have to make an extremely grippy tune, which is fine when your doing single player stuff, but when your in multiplayer speed is what wins out. I do think forza 6 is a little more balanced with the handling to speed ratio. If you've played other racing games with a wheel you'd know forza is lacking in the ffb department. Theres numerous threads about it, many more than when forza 5 came out because a lot more people bought wheels which is great. Forza is my favorite racing game and I would love to use my wheel more often but it usually leads to testing all different dor, vibration,sensitivity levels, then tune the car and it might feel good but then the next car you use you have to do it all again and since you can't save these settings for individual cars your just constantly changing things and I don't have the time to play games like i used to and it just becomes more trouble than its worth for me. All I want them to do is add some more ffb sliders and the ability to save ffb and dor settings for individual cars or at least do what other sims do and automatically adjust dor to the car your using. I've said it before and I'm not being sarcastic when I tell people I'm happy they enjoy the game with the wheel I just wish it was the same for me.
#54 Posted : Sunday, September 27, 2015 3:04:44 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: phoxxy10 Go to Quoted Post
I use a TX wheel with Fanatec V2 CSP. I do not do anything to set the pedals when starting the wheel never felt a difference the one time I tried it so I truly believe this is not an issue to worry about. I have also stopped setting the sensitivity to 2 or 3 just because most of the time I forget so now I just dont bother and seem to have no problems driving any cars,
I have though changed my setting and think if youre looking to try something different feel free to try this out. It seems so little but the 2-4 clicks do make it a bit different.

LAYOUT 1
OFF
ON
OFF
OFF
OFF
OFF
ADVANCED IN ORDER

These settings work great! Thank you.
#55 Posted : Sunday, September 27, 2015 3:36:17 PM(UTC)
Good for you man. Still can't get mind to be detected by my XBOX . :(
#56 Posted : Sunday, September 27, 2015 4:46:03 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: WebbedCentaur2 Go to Quoted Post
With all the trouble of getting the TX wheel setup, is it still worth it over the Logitch wheel? Do the G920's have all the same issues? Or is this a wheel in general issue on F6? I have the new TX wheel combo ordered and am now worried I am spending a ton of cash on a big headache instead of more fun. I still have time to cancel the order.

I thiink thhe wheel is worrth it an overall a better controller than the gamepad... personally. It will take time to adjust and setup properly, but I would not play any other way. Setup games like pCARS on the wheel when you get it to compare. I've found setting on my TX that work for me and overall most cars, when I get a car responding correctly, I use it for a few series like the Honda NSX, Mazda MX-5 etc.

Hope you're wheel works out for you.
RK
 1 user liked this post.
#57 Posted : Sunday, September 27, 2015 4:47:51 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: THA34DREAMSHAKE Go to Quoted Post
Good for you man. Still can't get mind to be detected by my XBOX . :(

I had a similar problem when I tried to update the firmware - the wheel basically bricked - the xbox wouldn't pick it up and neither would the PC I was using to apply the firmware update.

One thing to try is to connect it to a different computer and re-install the latest drivers (for the PC) and then apply the latest firmware - it brought mine back to life.

#58 Posted : Sunday, September 27, 2015 4:51:13 PM(UTC)
T.b.h. My enthousiasm has wafered. I have now driven some of the A and S class cars but it is like Russian roulette, you never know when it is going to break out and no correcting possible. Definitely something wrong in this game with the wheel. I guess I am giving up (untill they patch it) and go back to the controller with tcs and abs on (heavy fingers). Shame really

AGREED... maybe you should change the title of the thread if possible... misleading T-10

#59 Posted : Monday, September 28, 2015 12:37:44 AM(UTC)
Well Kipp, my mind has changed since that post. If you setup the wheel right and have nice tunes it works great. Non-tuned cars can be a challenge. Yes sometimes cars still skid out of control and no way to correct it, but this is a sim game not an arcade one. We just need time to adjust and rethink our tuning skills.
It takes 8,460 bolts to assemble an automobile, and one nut to scatter it all over the road.

My Forza 6 paints
#60 Posted : Monday, September 28, 2015 3:12:07 AM(UTC)
Well..

Another issue.

Playing using Clutch + STM OFF + TCS OFF in A Class.

Sometime in acceleration the car spins out.
Using same car, with only manual gearbox.. the cars feels normal.

Edited by user Monday, September 28, 2015 3:13:51 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#61 Posted : Monday, September 28, 2015 3:18:06 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: I X I TurboXan Go to Quoted Post
Well..

Another issue.

Is it occurring when you change gears? If so are you lifting off the throttle when you change? If not this can unsettle the car as it's essentially clutch kicking

Edited by user Monday, September 28, 2015 3:19:05 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#62 Posted : Monday, September 28, 2015 3:27:17 AM(UTC)
Well..

Another issue.

I got that quite a bit, too, but i don't think it's an issue. it's how a car behaves in real life. if you pop the clutch at full throttle, a RWD car will step out or spin. using manual gearbox includes a (simulated) progressive clutch throw and throttle cut, just like you'd have in real life.

I know this is probably an unpopular opinion in the Forza-verse, but if you're not driving with an actual clutch pedal, it shouldn't work. I hate that manual+(button) clutch has always given players an advantage over people who want to drive manual, especially in cars that aren't even available in a 3-pedal manual gearbox.

Thankfully, in FM6 there are some cars which are legitimately faster to run manual rather than manual+clutch (at least using the autoclutch mode on the TX.. i think pad players might still have a slight advantage based on the leaderboards). I've gone back to manual w/o clutch and find most of my builds to be waaaay more driveable and fun.
#63 Posted : Monday, September 28, 2015 3:40:42 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Blue028 Go to Quoted Post
Well..

Another issue.

Is it occurring when you change gears? If so are you lifting off the throttle when you change? If not this can unsettle the car as it's essentially clutch kicking

Originally Posted by: Apoc112 Go to Quoted Post
Well..

Another issue.

I got that quite a bit, too, but i don't think it's an issue. it's how a car behaves in real life. if you pop the clutch at full throttle, a RWD car will step out or spin. using manual gearbox includes a (simulated) progressive clutch throw and throttle cut, just like you'd have in real life.

I know this is probably an unpopular opinion in the Forza-verse, but if you're not driving with an actual clutch pedal, it shouldn't work. I hate that manual+(button) clutch has always given players an advantage over people who want to drive manual, especially in cars that aren't even available in a 3-pedal manual gearbox.

Thankfully, in FM6 there are some cars which are legitimately faster to run manual rather than manual+clutch (at least using the autoclutch mode on the TX.. i think pad players might still have a slight advantage based on the leaderboards). I've gone back to manual w/o clutch and find most of my builds to be waaaay more driveable and fun.

I'm doing the correct gears changes.
For me, it's a behavior of the cars in this game.

2 users liked this post.
#64 Posted : Monday, September 28, 2015 7:00:24 AM(UTC)
Well Kipp, my mind has changed since that post. If you setup the wheel right and have nice tunes it works great. Non-tuned cars can be a challenge. Yes sometimes cars still skid out of control and no way to correct it, but this is a sim game not an arcade one. We just need time to adjust and rethink our tuning skills.

I understand, but it surely puts wheel drivers at a disadvantage doesn't it. I played with my son as he only has gamepad and the cars are on rails when compared to the wheel. Also, when in MP mode if you can not setup the car properly, you're at a disadvantage again. I still think T10 needs to look into this for wheel drivers, they came out and supported the wheel development, stated that due to the complexed FFB on XBone, new designed wheels were required, endorsed and even encourage that FM5/FM6 were best with a wheel.. and it's not.

I feel all controllers, wheels and gampads deserve the proper support. Wheel users spend way more time and money on the game... plus I'm like most an Ultimate Version.... Game Owner.

#65 Posted : Monday, September 28, 2015 7:02:20 AM(UTC)
replying so i can find it easier later once my newly acquired wheel shows up at my doorstep.
#66 Posted : Tuesday, October 20, 2015 8:31:28 AM(UTC)
I still don't like the feel of the TX with this game compared to Project Cars. I guess its just the physics of each game. In my opinion I feel like there is a huge dead spot in the wheel on the and the only FFB I feel is when I'm cornering.
I too feel a bit slighted as the game was obviously designed with Casual gamers and controllers in mind. I am really fast with a controller but when I want the immersion of a true sim, I get the feeling I'm driving a school bus instead of a ferrari at Spa or any track really. Perhaps I'm missing something in the tuning to make the wheel better? If someone could kindly point me in that proper direction I would be very grateful. Till then physics-wise Project Cars has this beat and wheel support was an issue but quickly corrected there. Hopefully an update for better wheel support can happen for FM6.

Edited by user Tuesday, October 20, 2015 8:36:56 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#67 Posted : Tuesday, October 20, 2015 8:34:38 AM(UTC)
Going back to settings. What are you running? Which form of steering are you using? What are your settings? Are you using the recommended 540 setting? Etc.?

Originally Posted by: MichaeI Watts Go to Quoted Post
I still don't like the feel of the TX with this game compared to Project Cars. I guess its just the physics of each game. In my opinion I feel like there is a huge dead spot in the wheel on the and the only FFB I feel is when I'm cornering.

Edited by user Tuesday, October 20, 2015 8:43:03 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Pay It Forward
This posting is provided as is; with no warranties, and confers no rights.

#68 Posted : Tuesday, October 20, 2015 8:39:01 AM(UTC)
I was using the 0 and 100 deadzone settings used by Stella Stig. But yeah wheel is at 900 because it defaults to that. The wheel in my road car is 900, I shouldn't have to switch it to 540 to get proper feel. I run Project Cars at 900 as well.
 1 user liked this post.
#69 Posted : Tuesday, October 20, 2015 9:10:39 AM(UTC)
Okay, I suggest you read: http://forums.forzamotor...fully-Helpful-Guide.aspx

There are 18 pages of discussion in that thread which may be very helpful to you.

Pay It Forward
This posting is provided as is; with no warranties, and confers no rights.

#70 Posted : Saturday, February 27, 2016 11:02:23 AM(UTC)
Thank you dude, been looking for wheel settings that work forever
#71 Posted : Saturday, February 27, 2016 2:02:10 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: JordanMcGonigal Go to Quoted Post
Thank you dude, been looking for wheel settings that work forever

Wheel settings for what wheel manufacturer? Thrustmaster, or Fanatec, or another?
I have a Fanatec and can give you my settings on it if you have one but mine is in a pretty nice cockpit setting though and I have the Fanatec V3 pedals too which may make a difference if you have a different set of pedals.
#72 Posted : Friday, February 7, 2020 10:08:41 PM(UTC)
HLR Leceur Posted:

“Hope this helps people, let me know.”

Well, it did!! Just won like a dozen races in a row after using you suggestions! Thank you so much!!!

3 Pages123Prev

Notification

Icon
Error