This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
47 Pages<<4344454647PrevNext
#1101 Posted : Tuesday, July 19, 2016 10:50:28 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: rich1e I Go to Quoted Post
I think there must be some kind of order like "don't answer questions like: when do you fix x or y? When do we get z?". T10 employees are there to help promote Horizon3, explaining new features etc. You'll see, as soon as the game is out there will be the same silence. But it's ok, i really can understand that, and T10 doesn't seem to be the only developer with this attitude. I asked Assetto Corsa on twitter recently if there was a definitive car list with all cars and maybe tracks in one place, a link, a website or something. No reply. Had to do some kind of research to see what cars will be in the game. t

They just released the car and track list on their website. Might be why they didn't reply.

#1102 Posted : Tuesday, July 19, 2016 11:22:46 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Rockefelluh Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: rich1e I Go to Quoted Post
I think there must be some kind of order like "don't answer questions like: when do you fix x or y? When do we get z?". T10 employees are there to help promote Horizon3, explaining new features etc. You'll see, as soon as the game is out there will be the same silence. But it's ok, i really can understand that, and T10 doesn't seem to be the only developer with this attitude. I asked Assetto Corsa on twitter recently if there was a definitive car list with all cars and maybe tracks in one place, a link, a website or something. No reply. Had to do some kind of research to see what cars will be in the game. t

They just released the car and track list on their website. Might be why they didn't reply.

Cheers man. I was really almost scratching a hole in my head because I couldn't find anything, neither on their website nor on the forums...

Edited by user Tuesday, July 19, 2016 11:24:39 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#1103 Posted : Wednesday, July 20, 2016 8:26:36 AM(UTC)
the racing games i have been playing recently are Project Cars GOTY, Dirt Rally & f1 2015 & compared to these games atleast FM6 ffb is last on the list. Now if T10 call forza6 a real simulator they should specify for gamepads lol. Cause i beg people to try the games above with a wheel & then go to Forza6 & if you still say the ffb in FM6 is good your a fanboy/fangirl period.

my 2cents..
 3 users liked this post.
#1104 Posted : Wednesday, July 20, 2016 8:53:08 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: BlackSpider 777 Go to Quoted Post
the racing games i have been playing recently are Project Cars GOTY, Dirt Rally & f1 2015 & compared to these games atleast FM6 ffb is last on the list. Now if T10 call forza6 a real simulator they should specify for gamepads lol. Cause i beg people to try the games above with a wheel & then go to Forza6 & if you still say the ffb in FM6 is good your a fanboy/fangirl period.

my 2cents..

No one is saying the FFB is good, far from it; I think all of us in here agree fully that it needs massive adjustments by T10. The only thing I am saying with my posts in here, is the the FFB is workable; and that it relays more than enough information to still allow the end user to drive the cars, and to drive them well.

#1105 Posted : Wednesday, July 20, 2016 12:48:01 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Ialyrn Go to Quoted Post

my 2cents..

The only thing I am saying with my posts in here, is the the FFB is workable; and that it relays more than enough information to still allow the end user to drive the cars, and to drive them well.

Yes i agree with you, its workable & you can drive the cars but T10 call this a racing simulator now you tell me is that true? i have been a long forza fan just upset where they are heading thats all.

Edited by user Wednesday, July 20, 2016 12:49:36 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#1106 Posted : Wednesday, July 20, 2016 8:47:53 PM(UTC)
I dont think many people have disagreed with it being workable, just that the majority dont find it realistic or authentic (wich is what T10 were aiming for aparantly). For me it's that combined with some of the other issues that puts me off it all together.

All I know is this, when I have a mate over (ones that do not play forza or any other racing games, but have experience in real world driving (hooning) ) I put them on forza, they might do a lap and then jump off and say 'that's a really cool game but it feels weird nothing like the real thing' at that point I chuck on either LFS or Assetto Corsa. Then I can't get them off it.
#1107 Posted : Thursday, July 21, 2016 5:58:07 AM(UTC)

my 2cents..

No one is saying the FFB is good, far from it; I think all of us in here agree fully that it needs massive adjustments by T10. The only thing I am saying with my posts in here, is the the FFB is workable; and that it relays more than enough information to still allow the end user to drive the cars, and to drive them well.

I have to disagree. I've been playing the game since last year, and recently picked up a Thrustmaster TMX wheel setup. I've tried every rotation setting on the wheel, and in the game, as well as adjusting the sensitivity on the wheel itself, sim steering, normal steering, FFB settings from the net, you name it. Project Cars and Dirt Rally are both incredible. Forza Horizon 2 and hell, even The Crew are decent enough to drive with, or workable as you put it. FM6 is just laughable, they didn't even bother to try to offer wheel support. It's a mushy, vague, steaming pile of a mess.

I'm a huge Forza fan, I've been playing since the very first one on the original Xbox, but with all the bugs and lack of decent wheel support this may be the last version I buy as I'm extremely disappointed by the game, and Turn 10's support (or lack thereof) of it.
#1108 Posted : Tuesday, August 2, 2016 9:03:59 AM(UTC)
thanx i have been with tx since xmas and you have to just keep trying
 4 users liked this post.
#1109 Posted : Wednesday, August 3, 2016 7:11:12 AM(UTC)
I'm not going to keep trying to train myself to learn to use the wheel in a game with broken wheel support, I'll simply go play games that had wheel support in mind when they were developed, and not thrown in after the fact. If I play FM6, then I'll just play it with the controller and enjoy it for the arcade racer it was designed to be.
#1110 Posted : Wednesday, August 3, 2016 11:11:45 AM(UTC)
Really great article Christian. I want to thank you guys from the bottom of my heart for strumming up such an awesome game. I personally am new to XBox One. This is my first video game since I bought a PS II many moons ago. I had the opportunity to pick up the XBox One & Forza Motorsport 6 & am very happy I did. I got the system after reading nothing but great reviews from the Forza Motorsports 6 users from all around the world. I have always liked auto racing & am A big American Muscle Car Fan. I have enjoyed the game so much that I was willing to stick a little more into it with an Open Wheeler Stand Cockpit And the Logitech G920 Driving Force Racing Wheel which came bundled with a Logitech G Force Shifter & Pedals. This part kind of turns into a small rant on Logitech which I really didn't intend to do, but I want you to know where I am coming from & up against. I have never owned a racing seat, wheel, or pedals for a game console. I did own a wheel & pedals for a computer about 15 years ago by Logitec, & it work fine. The Open Wheeler Wheel Stand was fantastic as it was easy to assemble. & had great directions for both assembly & attaching the wheel, shifter, & pedals. The Logitec G920 Driving Force Racing Wheel is a different story. It comes with only limited directions with a pictured drawing showing how to hook the pedals & shifter into the wheel, & the wheel into an outlet plug & a USB plug into the XBox One. That's it. No directions telling you how to calibrate the wheel & pedals or nothing even telling you that they self calibrate when you turn them on. No information as where to go to tune down the values of the wheel or pedal to decrease vibration when racing that causes the car to wreck. It's been a long month & 1/2 since I've had this stuff & still trying to get it all figured out so I can enjoy it. I will be saving your article & try & use information you provide as the folks at Logitech have a very poor customer care program & are more interested in taking my money & selling me more products than they are in helping me at working out the bugs in my racing wheel. As for the G Force Shifter they bundled in with the G920 Wheel, I will use the paddle shifters on the wheel as the G Force Shifter has a tight shifting pattern that is impossible for me to master. Hopefully with the information you provided on racing wheels I can get a better understanding of what I might be doing & can get the wheel smooth enough to have many hours of fun racing. Thanks for you open ear. Phil
#1111 Posted : Friday, August 5, 2016 5:32:56 AM(UTC)
Whats the best settings for the g920? I have update the wheel to the laterst.
#1112 Posted : Monday, August 8, 2016 9:09:52 AM(UTC)
End result for G920. FFB 57 No Rumble, DOR at 540Feels good to me. Using a wireless headset 420X.
Got is set up for PCars also, feels great! DOR at 360.

Edited by user Wednesday, August 24, 2016 6:56:16 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Shneeb108 / Racing SIM Tools Member
Shneeb
#1113 Posted : Monday, August 8, 2016 12:38:38 PM(UTC)
Are we are the only ones to notice a problem of darkening of our TV when we are using our wheels ?

http://forums.forzamotor...--thrustmaster-458.aspx
#1114 Posted : Wednesday, August 10, 2016 11:47:55 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Kseedee Go to Quoted Post
Are we are the only ones to notice a problem of darkening of our TV when we are using our wheels ?

http://forums.forzamotor...--thrustmaster-458.aspx

Same with Fanatec CSW2/P1
#1115 Posted : Wednesday, August 10, 2016 3:32:42 PM(UTC)
I haven't played Forza lately, so maybe it only affects it. But, other driving games have been fine with my Thrustmaster TMX setup, even after the update.
#1116 Posted : Thursday, August 11, 2016 11:48:11 AM(UTC)
This afternoon, i've played Project Cars : in a 2 laps race on the Nürburgring, in the second lap, it dimmed as with FM6.

This problem came with the last Xbox update.
#1117 Posted : Thursday, August 11, 2016 9:19:22 PM(UTC)
My new pedals showed up today (T3PA Pro), and after hooking them up to my wheel, now I'm having the issue too.

Setup is

Thrustmaster TMX wheel
TH8A shifter
T3PA Pro pedals

Edited by user Thursday, August 11, 2016 9:20:21 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#1118 Posted : Friday, August 12, 2016 7:22:50 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: SPEEDRACER 93 Go to Quoted Post
My new pedals showed up today (T3PA Pro), and after hooking them up to my wheel, now I'm having the issue too.

Setup is

Thrustmaster TMX wheel
TH8A shifter
T3PA Pro pedals

You'll love those pedals. Strange, haven't noticed this with Dirt Rally:

Mine is TX, GTE Rim, T3PA Pro Pedals

#1119 Posted : Friday, August 12, 2016 7:49:00 AM(UTC)
@XboxSupport answered me they are taking a look to our problem.
 1 user liked this post.
#1120 Posted : Friday, August 12, 2016 7:59:09 AM(UTC)
^^Good to hear!

Originally Posted by: Rockefelluh Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: SPEEDRACER 93 Go to Quoted Post

Setup is

Thrustmaster TMX wheel
TH8A shifter
T3PA Pro pedals

You'll love those pedals. Strange, haven't noticed this with Dirt Rally:

Mine is TX, GTE Rim, T3PA Pro Pedals

Oh yes, coming from the stock plastic fantastics it's an incredible difference. I invested probably a good two hours last night between changing them over to GT style, then adjusting the conical brake mod, and finally pedal positions and tilt. But the end result is well worth all the effort.

Edited by user Friday, August 12, 2016 8:00:08 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#1121 Posted : Friday, August 12, 2016 8:51:46 AM(UTC)
This afternoon, i've played Project Cars : in a 2 laps race on the Nürburgring, in the second lap, it dimmed as with FM6.

I had a go with Forza and my G920 this morning, I did 20 minutes with my wheel and xbox one controller plugged in; and the same with only the wheel plugged in. Did not experience this issue at all. Seems to be a pretty strange one, but I just wasnt able to replicate it personally.
#1122 Posted : Saturday, August 13, 2016 10:43:28 AM(UTC)

I had a go with Forza and my G920 this morning, I did 20 minutes with my wheel and xbox one controller plugged in; and the same with only the wheel plugged in. Did not experience this issue at all. Seems to be a pretty strange one, but I just wasnt able to replicate it personally.

Try doing an event that is longer. I had this happen during an endurance race about 30 mins in.
www.2old4forza.com fanatec wheel user: Podium DD1, CS V3 inverted pedals, CS V1.5 shifter, CS V1.5 hand brake
#1123 Posted : Saturday, August 13, 2016 4:32:12 PM(UTC)
Its caused because the xbox doesn't recognize all the wheel inputs as controller buttons, (steering axis, pedal axis, and gear sticks. im not 100% sure but you may not get it to happen if you use paddle shifting) so if you don't press any buttons on the wheel the screen dims after about 20 mins, it is quickly cured by tapping a button though. I seem to recall that they fixed this issue with one of the dashboard updates some time ago but it seems to have come back with newer updates.

Edited by user Saturday, August 13, 2016 4:34:50 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#1124 Posted : Monday, August 15, 2016 7:49:21 PM(UTC)
I have heard nothing from thrustmaster on it after submitting a support inquiry, and Microsoft has not responded beyond the "check with thrustmaster" answer from my phone call the other day. Meanwhile, I'm trying to set quick laps with a screen that goes black every 10 minutes. It's distracting, and I'm sure I would be at the top of the leaderboards if not for this . . . Where's my focus rs? Ha!
#1125 Posted : Tuesday, August 16, 2016 6:07:12 AM(UTC)
Typical MS answer, even though it's occurring with multiple wheel manufacturers. This really needs fixed ASAP.
47 Pages<<4344454647PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error