2 Pages12Prev
#26 Posted : Thursday, September 17, 2015 4:46:31 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Sevetamryn Go to Quoted Post
Hi @Bluesky0870,

Yes, I normally race:
- Breaking line only
- ABS off
- TCS and STM off
- Steering normal
- Manual with clutch
- rewind enabled (but this should not matter, if used, it does either dirten the lap)

So all I had to do (so I thougt) was to disable breaking line

For a test I even set rewind to disable and steering to simulated (last one does make racing for me much harder)

So my best bet in the moment, for sure i was using a downloaded tune in my second attempt, and for sure my own tune on Daytona.

What about the career mods? Have you emptied the slots? If that doesn't help I am clueless too. I can't tell you about "foreign" tunes. I always run my own ones.
#27 Posted : Thursday, September 17, 2015 5:20:09 AM(UTC)
Im do not use mods at all ... think I have to make some tests ... but earyl or later the tracks with already exiting fast laps, hard to beat in hardcore, will go out for me (in the low clases I'm able to run hardcore an clean). From my point of view, Hardcore Leaderboard is a good motivation to learn to drive breaking line off.
And for now I have to say, with some practice it works surprisingly well. Yes, it is easy on the first view to use breaking lines, but they are also sometimes more a distraction from the better and faster line to drive.
My Forza Paints --> http://forzamotorsport.net/en-US/gallery/Sevetamryn
The Logos / Vinyl groups i made are public too
#28 Posted : Thursday, September 17, 2015 5:48:12 AM(UTC)
To be listed on Hardcore following must be true:

No racing lines, including brake lines
ABS OFF
TCS OFF
STM OFF
Manual Gear + Clutch

AND, if there is already a non-Hardcore time on the LB, you must beat that time; only the fastest time will be recorded on the LB, hardcore or not.

Not sure if hardcore must be clean; so far all of the times I have seen have been clean so . . .

Brake line . . . is the hardest one to lose, I'd think. You WILL be slower; I personally CANNOT comprehend that one can be faster initially from losing the brake line. It certainly is a technique one has to develop such as looking for other permanent trackside objects to use as a reference. Not trying to scare you, just letting you know not to get disappointed and keep practicing and stick with it (or without it) and you will improve and not miss the brake line at all.

Good luck in your adventure!
"Racing is life. Anything before or after . . . is just waiting." Steve McQueen, LeMans '71
#29 Posted : Thursday, September 17, 2015 5:52:34 AM(UTC)
Hi @Bluesky0870,

Yes, I normally race:
- Breaking line only
- ABS off
- TCS and STM off
- Steering normal
- Manual with clutch
- rewind enabled (but this should not matter, if used, it does either dirten the lap)

So all I had to do (so I thougt) was to disable breaking line

For a test I even set rewind to disable and steering to simulated (last one does make racing for me much harder)

So my best bet in the moment, for sure i was using a downloaded tune in my second attempt, and for sure my own tune on Daytona.

What car were you using?
 2 users liked this post.
#30 Posted : Thursday, September 17, 2015 6:28:55 AM(UTC)
The leaderboards are not separate just sortable so for the tracks you have already run with assists (tcs, abs, driving line, stm) you will need to beat those times with them off.

PTG Home

Race Team
Tester
Tuner
#31 Posted : Thursday, September 17, 2015 6:29:32 AM(UTC)
I don't think it matters whose tune you use, though the only hardcore times I set were with my own tune.
I love that the hardcore leaderboards are there, but it's stupid that it won't record separate times for your best hardcore and best regular times.
#32 Posted : Thursday, September 17, 2015 7:28:39 AM(UTC)
OP the braking line was more then likely your issue (unless you were doing it in a Mini or other temporarily banned car due to PI issues.
#33 Posted : Thursday, September 17, 2015 8:18:46 AM(UTC)
@RPM Swerve ... if this is your question, no Mini ;) I'm not even own any Mini in my Garage ... just by the common opinion about Mini i don't want to be seen using a Mini anywhere. This car is NoGo for me. Even in FM5.

PS: A 60's Mini in real life on real street would be fine for me :)

Edited by user Thursday, September 17, 2015 8:28:37 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

3 users liked this post.
#34 Posted : Thursday, September 17, 2015 8:24:34 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: GRD 4 3L Go to Quoted Post

Brake line . . . is the hardest one to lose, I'd think. You WILL be slower; I personally CANNOT comprehend that one can be faster initially from losing the brake line. It certainly is a technique one has to develop such as looking for other permanent trackside objects to use as a reference.

That is what I have found. After a few laps, I can go fast without the brake lines, in some cases faster because it is warning to brake more than needed at times. The problem is with the total number of cars/tracks/variants it is impossible for me to keep track of the brake points when the track changes from race to race. Even the same turn on the same track will have different brake points for different variants of the track when the turns before/after have changed.

They really should have made that a separate leaderboard instead of making it combined with the normal one.
#35 Posted : Thursday, September 17, 2015 8:29:47 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: BartMan01 Go to Quoted Post

Brake line . . . is the hardest one to lose, I'd think. You WILL be slower; I personally CANNOT comprehend that one can be faster initially from losing the brake line. It certainly is a technique one has to develop such as looking for other permanent trackside objects to use as a reference.

That is what I have found. After a few laps, I can go fast without the brake lines, in some cases faster because it is warning to brake more than needed at times. The problem is with the total number of cars/tracks/variants it is impossible for me to keep track of the brake points when the track changes from race to race. Even the same turn on the same track will have different brake points for different variants of the track when the turns before/after have changed.

They really should have made that a separate leaderboard instead of making it combined with the normal one.

100% agree
#36 Posted : Thursday, September 17, 2015 8:42:04 AM(UTC)
OK, rom now on, i go single player career hardcore mode ... let's see ... may be i have to switch the drivatars one level down ...
 1 user liked this post.
#37 Posted : Thursday, September 17, 2015 8:58:02 AM(UTC)
Yes! It works! Sigle Player Career, Road America Alternative (full track with the extra Schikane) 3:00,7 in Hardcore Leaderboard with my D-Class Lotus 11 (self tuned). Not an exzeptionell time (best regular, non hardcore, non Mini time is 2:43) ... I'm happy.
Will sometimes, on not well known tracks, hard to drive this way, but think tis will be fun :)
#38 Posted : Thursday, September 17, 2015 9:20:37 AM(UTC)
@RPM Swerve ... if this is your question, no Mini ;) I'm not even own any Mini in my Garage ... just by the common opinion about Mini i don't want to be seen using a Mini anywhere. This car is NoGo for me. Even in FM5.

Just making sure. There's 3 cars that are banned from posting times on the boards now and not a lot of people realize that.

Then your issue is brake line or not beating your fastest lap despite beating the fastest hardcore time.

I guess I'll be seeing you on the hardcore boards soon. No line is a tough transition on these tracks. It feels like a lot of tracks have been adjusted and the same braking points from memory don't work.
#39 Posted : Thursday, September 17, 2015 10:11:08 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: RPM Swerve Go to Quoted Post

Just making sure. There's 3 cars that are banned from posting times on the boards now and not a lot of people realize that.

Then your issue is brake line or not beating your fastest lap despite beating the fastest hardcore time.

I guess I'll be seeing you on the hardcore boards soon. No line is a tough transition on these tracks. It feels like a lot of tracks have been adjusted and the same braking points from memory don't work.

I think the difference is mostly to do with the cars. I had some tunes from FM5 that when imported, ended up being much higher PI on FM6. So if I bring the PI down to be in the class they were in before, the braking points I was used to all changed. I spent most of FM3, FM4 and much of FM5 with suggested line off, but when long beach came out I had to turn braking line on because I kept accidentally hitting people, not knowing the tracks well enough. Then I just left braking line on and improved my times everywhere. I'd love to put down a bunch of hardcore times in FM6, but for multiplayer races, I leave braking line on for safety (I still don't know all the new tracks that well) and I'll end up posting faster times that will unfortunately wipe out those hardcore times. I really wish hardcore times would hold independently from the regular leaderboards. Oh well.
#40 Posted : Thursday, September 17, 2015 10:40:05 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: L0CK3D Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: RPM Swerve Go to Quoted Post

I think the difference is mostly to do with the cars. I had some tunes from FM5 that when imported, ended up being much higher PI on FM6. So if I bring the PI down to be in the class they were in before, the braking points I was used to all changed. I spent most of FM3, FM4 and much of FM5 with suggested line off, but when long beach came out I had to turn braking line on because I kept accidentally hitting people, not knowing the tracks well enough. Then I just left braking line on and improved my times everywhere. I'd love to put down a bunch of hardcore times in FM6, but for multiplayer races, I leave braking line on for safety (I still don't know all the new tracks that well) and I'll end up posting faster times that will unfortunately wipe out those hardcore times. I really wish hardcore times would hold independently from the regular leaderboards. Oh well.

The cars aren't the problem I'm referring to.

How you drive indy gp classic is different from FM5. You can completely cut one corner, though I don't think it's an actual cut since it has rumble strips. One of the runoff areas now makes your lap dirty. The track seems wider before and after the last corner and thus coasting thru the center doesn't work.

The first few corners of the shorter road America are noticeably different as well. This track is much wider than it used to be and you can run in the grass in sections, not lose speed, and not get a dirty lap.

Though changes for some braking zones appear minor, the actually effect of running some of these corners as if it was FM5 drops the lap time by at least a half second.
#41 Posted : Thursday, September 17, 2015 10:55:05 AM(UTC)
Wow, going for hardcore leaderboard is game changing or me. It is not this more hard. The big difference is, you concentrate on the track, not on this "stupid" breaking line. Learning a track goes much faster this way. Even upgraded the drivatars one level.
Result: I have a good fight with the drivatars, trying to run clean laps, even in the pack avoiding collisions. Having a race against opponents until the last lap, with good chances to for podium, sometimes ending up 1st. Driving a bit more defensive, breaking a bit mor early (sometimes too early ;) ). But finally, finding the apex and going out of the turn fast works much better.
Tanks Turn 10 for this kind of challenge, that's just mine, enjoy it a lot!
#42 Posted : Wednesday, September 30, 2015 6:28:31 AM(UTC)
Hey guys, I've run three private multi-player races all meeting the requirements and yet the cheevo has not popped. Does it not work if your only racing drivatars? I have a time at Limerock on hardcore, so I know the settings were correct.
EZT Motorsport: P r i d e | H o n o r | I n t e g r i t y - Not just a team, but a way of life!
#43 Posted : Wednesday, September 30, 2015 7:16:54 AM(UTC)
75% only
#44 Posted : Wednesday, September 30, 2015 9:24:41 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: EZT MAKO 6669 Go to Quoted Post
Hey guys, I've run three private multi-player races all meeting the requirements and yet the cheevo has not popped. Does it not work if your only racing drivatars? I have a time at Limerock on hardcore, so I know the settings were correct.

It worked for me in public. I'm thinking that's where you'll have to do it.
#45 Posted : Wednesday, September 30, 2015 9:36:38 AM(UTC)
Thanks Swerve, I was thinking the same.
EZT Motorsport: P r i d e | H o n o r | I n t e g r i t y - Not just a team, but a way of life!
 1 user liked this post.
#46 Posted : Wednesday, September 30, 2015 9:41:31 AM(UTC)
To be listed on Hardcore following must be true:

No racing lines, including brake lines
ABS OFF
TCS OFF
STM OFF
Manual Gear + Clutch

AND, if there is already a non-Hardcore time on the LB, you must beat that time; only the fastest time will be recorded on the LB, hardcore or not.

Not sure if hardcore must be clean; so far all of the times I have seen have been clean so . . .

Brake line . . . is the hardest one to lose, I'd think. You WILL be slower; I personally CANNOT comprehend that one can be faster initially from losing the brake line. It certainly is a technique one has to develop such as looking for other permanent trackside objects to use as a reference. Not trying to scare you, just letting you know not to get disappointed and keep practicing and stick with it (or without it) and you will improve and not miss the brake line at all.

Good luck in your adventure!

it has to be a clean lap for hardcore.

it is more difficult at first without the line but so much more rewarding and ultimately quicker once you master a track. without the line you only concentrate on the corner and are only looking for the apex and setting yourself up for the next corner.

well worth droping the line as early as possible. you really don't need it but you need to know the braking zones off by heart for each track.

1 user liked this post.
#47 Posted : Wednesday, September 30, 2015 3:02:57 PM(UTC)
Hopefully these boards encourage more drivers to turn off the Racing Line assist; you don't need a co-driver once you know where to go ;)

While in the Ghost League (Pinnacle) this evening I avoided adding TCS to my 787B, mainly so that I could get on the Hardcore boards. I was only mid-pack in the races but at least I was getting Top 10 times on Hardcore boards.
2 Pages12Prev

Notification

Icon
Error