4 Pages123>>Next
#1 Posted : Thursday, September 10, 2015 7:23:31 AM(UTC)
Firstly, this game is simply AMAZING but, is anyone else experiencing every lap being marked as "dirty" - even the laps that you KNOW are clean??? Also, there's no indication as to if you dirty a lap during the race either. My HUD is set to "Default".

Edited by user Thursday, September 10, 2015 7:26:08 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#2 Posted : Thursday, September 10, 2015 7:25:17 AM(UTC)
Glad you're having fun! Mods will mark laps as dirty.
#3 Posted : Thursday, September 10, 2015 7:28:54 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: VoodooUomo Go to Quoted Post

Ohhhhh ok....lol. Thank you, kind sir! Best Forza yet!!!!!!!!
#4 Posted : Thursday, September 10, 2015 2:17:39 PM(UTC)

Is that all mods, or just the ones that improve performance? I don't see why grid position or XP boost for example, would have any effect.

#5 Posted : Thursday, September 10, 2015 2:23:27 PM(UTC)
With the timing interface set to conditional I'm pretty sure it isn't flagging my times as dirty while I'm racing.
#6 Posted : Thursday, September 10, 2015 3:20:08 PM(UTC)
I know the laps count as dirty if they are in the leaderboards, but there isn't anything in the cockpit or HUD to show a dirty lap in progress? I ran quite a few laps in the full game that I thought were perfect and clean and they still came up dirty, even without any mods??
 1 user liked this post.
#7 Posted : Thursday, September 10, 2015 3:37:48 PM(UTC)
If you draft it will be dirty.... It's hard to get clean laps outside of rivals mode.
#8 Posted : Thursday, September 10, 2015 3:49:58 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: JibbersHCrabst Go to Quoted Post
I know the laps count as dirty if they are in the leaderboards, but there isn't anything in the cockpit or HUD to show a dirty lap in progress? I ran quite a few laps in the full game that I thought were perfect and clean and they still came up dirty, even without any mods??

I noticed this as I was playing career mode today. Couldnt tell if my laps were dirty or not.
 1 user liked this post.
#9 Posted : Thursday, September 10, 2015 4:20:26 PM(UTC)
Its little things like this that drive me crazy.

Loving the game so far, but why take away little things like this??
#10 Posted : Thursday, September 10, 2015 4:22:06 PM(UTC)
If you use MODS the lap will bee dirty
#11 Posted : Thursday, September 10, 2015 5:05:27 PM(UTC)
Hmm haven't seen a dirty lap did they take that out
Seahawktown206
#12 Posted : Thursday, September 10, 2015 5:12:44 PM(UTC)
I think it only shows the icon in rivals.
#13 Posted : Thursday, September 10, 2015 6:08:50 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Fuzzysmith Go to Quoted Post

Is that all mods, or just the ones that improve performance? I don't see why grid position or XP boost for example, would have any effect.

All, even Dares which make it harder to win dirty it.
#14 Posted : Saturday, September 12, 2015 2:22:21 PM(UTC)
Hi all living the forza 6 dream and loving it but I seem to have a problem with my laps. All my lap times are posting as dirty laps ( yellow triangle )
I have made sure I have done the odd clean lap to check and still posts as dirty. Is there something I'm doing wrong
Also not getting triangle in lap times during race to show if your current lap is dirty or clean.
Hope some forza nut that's more forza nutty than me can shed a little light on it for me. Well back to racing Thanks in advance wacker67
#15 Posted : Saturday, September 12, 2015 2:25:32 PM(UTC)
Are you setting times in career or in rivals mode? In career mode on FM6, it never shows a dirty lap indicator even if it is a dirty lap which most of the time it will be in a career race due to drafting with other cars. The best way to set lap times is in rivals mode as it will tell you when you dirty your lap. Also, if you use mods in career races, your time will go below clean and dirty laps on the leaderboards.
#16 Posted : Wednesday, September 16, 2015 7:45:13 AM(UTC)
prior versions of FM put an exclamation point on a dirty lap if you went off the track, this does not happen on FM6? Im in the season mode by the way.
#17 Posted : Wednesday, September 16, 2015 8:22:26 AM(UTC)
If you go into time attack then the exclamation mark will appear when you do a "dirty" lap.
My guess is that in the career mode, it is next to impossible to get a clean lap anyway, so they decided not even bother showing you the exclamation mark.

In career mode when you set a time that is "dirty", it will show up as dirty on the leaderboards.
#18 Posted : Wednesday, September 16, 2015 9:30:44 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Davutip Go to Quoted Post
If you go into time attack then the exclamation mark will appear when you do a "dirty" lap.
My guess is that in the career mode, it is next to impossible to get a clean lap anyway, so they decided not even bother showing you the exclamation mark.

In career mode when you set a time that is "dirty", it will show up as dirty on the leaderboards.

Where is the time attack? I cant find it:(
#19 Posted : Wednesday, September 16, 2015 9:36:15 AM(UTC)

There are no dirty laps in career, and laps in career aren't entered onto the leaderboards.

However, the game does track laps in career so you can beat other drivers.

It's not called time attack in game, it's called rivals.

Edited by user Wednesday, September 16, 2015 9:37:04 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#20 Posted : Wednesday, September 16, 2015 9:38:25 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Masus the nab Go to Quoted Post

Where is the time attack? I cant find it:(

As Danowat said, it's under Rivals.
#21 Posted : Wednesday, September 16, 2015 9:48:47 AM(UTC)
Pretty sure I've been able to set clean lb times in career.

It's just next to fiving impossible without the indicator. :(
#22 Posted : Thursday, September 24, 2015 5:00:36 PM(UTC)
The last several races I have done, I actually began to stop taking things for granted...

In career mode, I looked at the results of the race. While I see a number of cars with a triangle beside them, my name does not for my fastest lap. In fact I made sure I was clean...not a car around me, no crossed lines, no spins, nothing... AND THE LAP SHOWS AS CLEAN...in the Results.

But on the Leaderboard, the time shows up, and you guessed it, with a triangle next to my name and lap time. What should be a top 10-12% ends up being a top 75% lap because it records my clean lap as dirty.

So I went to Free Play. Same thing.

Just as a note, I believe I have a 3% braking mod added. But the lap shows as CLEAN on the results.

Is it because of the mod or is there something messed up? Because I am coming from Forza 4 and can race without mods, whatever they are...

Jon
 2 users liked this post.
#23 Posted : Thursday, September 24, 2015 5:10:22 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: TheJonSolo Go to Quoted Post
because of the mod

✔ Verified Moderator

#24 Posted : Thursday, September 24, 2015 5:13:19 PM(UTC)
Thank you and removing mod. Does this apply to credit mods as well?
#25 Posted : Thursday, September 24, 2015 5:15:31 PM(UTC)
Any and all mods will make your laps dirty.

✔ Verified Moderator

4 Pages123>>Next

Notification

Icon
Error