4 Pages1234PrevNext
 1 user liked this post.
#51 Posted : Friday, September 11, 2015 2:53:53 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Merluz Go to Quoted Post
in Forza 5 and Horizon 2 i have downloaded some decals, not full designs.

now i can see this decals in the import menu, but when i press the A button, nothing happens, i only hear the sound of pressing button.

it's bugged or i can only see these decals but can't use them in Forza 6?

i can't see the point of listing these decals from previous games if i can't use them now.

You have downloaded vinyls, meaning you didn't make them. You can only import vinyls you have made. You can't import other peoples vinyls
#52 Posted : Friday, September 11, 2015 3:52:27 AM(UTC)
Weirdly having issue bringing over an Aventador paint and its a rare beast...... there's no fonts on it, other than it;s plate which has no 'a' on it.
Hmmmm.

Top work and comms guys, minor issue.

Whitey
www.instagram.com/polizeiyt
Gumball 3000 Livery Replication.

#53 Posted : Friday, September 11, 2015 4:00:46 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: PolizeiYT Go to Quoted Post
Weirdly having issue bringing over an Aventador paint and its a rare beast...... there's no fonts on it, other than it;s plate which has no 'a' on it.
Hmmmm.

Whitey

Do the Save each side approach. It will bypass the import design option.
To be honest I gave up with the import as i had some epic shift on one so ended up doing the above.

[AB]

(AB) ABGRAPHICS : FH4 / FM7 / Twitter / Discord / Flickr
#54 Posted : Friday, September 11, 2015 5:07:50 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: PTG CURTIS Go to Quoted Post
[quote=Merluz;352377]
You have downloaded vinyls, meaning you didn't make them. You can only import vinyls you have made. You can't import other peoples vinyls

thank you for the clarification.

then i can't see the point of listing all this vinyls if i cannot use none of them....
#55 Posted : Friday, September 11, 2015 6:09:01 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ABGRAPHICS Go to Quoted Post
Hmmmm.

Whitey

To be honest I gave up with the import as i had some epic shift on one so ended up doing the above.

[AB]

I'm an idiot. Found a small detail which I thought was just an S, had a name too. #doh
Sorted now. Ta AB.
www.instagram.com/polizeiyt
Gumball 3000 Livery Replication.

#56 Posted : Friday, September 11, 2015 7:15:21 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: HeliosT10 Go to Quoted Post
Sorry if I wasn't clear, I don't mean in the filename, I mean one of the lower case "a" character decals in your design.

That was a nice find, needle in a haystack. I do believe everyone of my designs has an "a", non of them are importing at the moment.

#57 Posted : Friday, September 11, 2015 8:22:26 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ABGRAPHICS Go to Quoted Post
Hmmmm.

Whitey

[AB]

Shouldn't have to but at least it's a work around
 1 user liked this post.
#58 Posted : Friday, September 11, 2015 8:59:15 AM(UTC)
Same prob my Forza 5 and Horizon vinyls downloaded to Forza 6 no problem, then my Horizon 2 paints downloaded once again no problem then I tried to move my Forza 5 paints and all I got was saving, saving, saving and more saving and nothing saved did the turn off console thing still it was saving so finally gave up and reported it. Now as if that wasn't bad enough of a problem for a game I've paid good money for expecting it to be ready to go and not for me to be a Microsoft beta tester I tried to move my tunes and lo and behold this is an even bigger disaster. This didn't even try to save anything instead as soon as I moved onto the Horizon 2 logo for my tunes the machine made the most disconcerting screeching noise and then shut down the game not once but ten times when I just gave up and reported the problem. Now if the digital download experience of the people who bought Forza 5 is anything to go by we may have all the problems sorted by xmas but don't hold your breath you might just suffocate and people say I'm old fashioned to want the old steelbook collectors edition brought back at least they have to have that working before it goes to the stores and if it doesn't you just take it back and get it replaced. You don't get digital download replacements in fact you rarely even get any reply to your concerns instead you have to wait and hope that one day they release the patch that sorts out your problem and until then you get to pull out your hair while crying hysterically curled up in a dark corner of your room, just know people you are not alone in fact millions are doing exactly the same.
#59 Posted : Friday, September 11, 2015 9:56:37 AM(UTC)

Edited by user Saturday, September 12, 2015 2:24:50 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#60 Posted : Friday, September 11, 2015 10:16:52 AM(UTC)
I have managed to drag over about thirty of my FM5 liveries. I have another eighty to a hundred to bring but cant at this moment. I tried the splitting it down and saving as vinyl groups for importing that way. I rebuilt the paint and it was jaggy and poor quality. Then i tried to save the rebuilt livery and my xbox sounded like it was going to explode and shut itself off. Very nice.

A fundamental reason for getting the Ultimate Edition with early release was that i could use early access to get my paints up for other players coming along soon. So i wish to express my disgust.

A Warning. I have been developing a range of NFL liveries for the GT86. Whichever car i use as my stencil (that is converting the design for the new team) the original saved design on the car is automatically overwritten, deleting the original. It doesnt matter how many cars i keep the design on they all get wiped. Be careful fellow painters you could get very burnt.

And finally massive disrespect to T10 yet again. In my player profile there is NO time credited for painting and designing. But hey, if you tune, all you time is credited. And all your test drive time is too. Poor show T10 very poor show indeed.
#61 Posted : Saturday, September 12, 2015 2:12:08 AM(UTC)
The problem I have is none of my F5 designs will import into F6 soon as I say yes to import the saving icon spins forever. I have to goto xb1 desktop to shut game down. So now my vinlys do import from F5 as I save each side of car, the problem is I can put the vinly group on my my car but when I save to catalog or save to car its the same problem as the F5 designs. My FH2 works fine even though 40 of my paints for sone reason they dont show up in F6 so I can import them but I've saved them as vinly groups so the missing paint I can do it that way, but 110 desgns in F5 and hundreds of F5 vinlys cant use them at all.

Edit
I feel like crying as there stuff I painted in F5 that I didnt paint in FH2 because they took forever to make.

Edited by user Saturday, September 12, 2015 2:20:44 AM(UTC)  | Reason: added text

1 user liked this post.
#62 Posted : Saturday, September 12, 2015 2:33:01 AM(UTC)
Pilot,

You will get the infinite save circle when trying to import a fm5 design in to fm6, where there is a lower case letter a from the fonts tabs 1&7 in the design you're trying to import. Have you gone through the design on fm5 to check there are no lower case a's in it?

D
#63 Posted : Saturday, September 12, 2015 3:24:01 AM(UTC)
95% I make my own letters/numbers and use some ready made ones must be a font like you said thats doing it, so I took all logos of and just left the the design on as all the logos I remade them in FH2, but its now letting me to import and use the vinlys from F5 and saves in a few secs, I can live with that I can copy my logos from FH2 on the F5 design, as I took photos off all my cars in F5/FH2 on my tablet incase a problem poped up like this. I very happy as I been at this since the 10th as paint that does work has to be checked first as some are out of line, as you know it time if you got hundreds of designs.

Thanks very much you been a great help, prob take me a week to do it but at least I have them, once done I can get back to making more, as thats all I bought it for is paint, done nothing different since F3.

Thanks....
#64 Posted : Saturday, September 12, 2015 3:35:10 AM(UTC)
No problem, just glad you got it sorted.
#65 Posted : Saturday, September 12, 2015 3:59:43 AM(UTC)
I'm in the same boat as many of you others here. I'm just waiting on the ones I have issues with for right now. Regardless of past performance by T10 when it comes to fixing things ... I honestly think this is one that they'll sort out rather quickly and have fixed for us. Don't know why I feel that way ... just a gut feeling. (Fingers crossed.)
#66 Posted : Saturday, September 12, 2015 9:07:40 AM(UTC)
Hey! I am trying to import a livery from FM5 (Labatts BTCC design on Sierra Cosworth) and whenever I try to it just loads for ages. I've reset the game a million times, nearly accurate ;), and I've even tried making a new save for it and it's having none of it.. XD

Edited by user Saturday, September 12, 2015 9:12:56 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

"The biggest emotion in creation is the bridge to optimism." -Brian May
#67 Posted : Saturday, September 12, 2015 9:17:07 AM(UTC)
Hi,

Is there within the design on fm5 (not the filename) any lowercase letter a's from either the first or seventh font set in the livery editor?

If there is remove it or change it for another shape (leaving a placeholder in effect) and save a new file. Then go back to fm6 and try import that file. Once you have the file imported just open it up in the fm6 editor and replace the missing letter a's.

There is a known issue as mentioned in this thread on a number of occasions with those fonts (specifically the lower case a).

Good luck, let us know how you get on.

Cheers

D
#68 Posted : Saturday, September 12, 2015 9:28:38 AM(UTC)
I ended up removing all standard text from some of my more stubborn designs to get import to work.

Found it easier than dealing with pixelation issues of other method.
#69 Posted : Saturday, September 12, 2015 9:37:55 AM(UTC)
Hello, cheers for the advice!
Just replaced all the A's with a different shape and it hasn't worked, I have imported decals with these lowercase A and it has worked so I'll try that and get back to you if it works! :)

UPDATE

Yup! Importing the decals worked, so if you're looking for a quicker way to do it, just import the decals. You just have to replace the A's again. :D

Edited by user Saturday, September 12, 2015 9:47:02 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

"The biggest emotion in creation is the bridge to optimism." -Brian May
#70 Posted : Saturday, September 12, 2015 3:29:11 PM(UTC)
I've read through this whole thread and tried importing various paints... First I want to ask how someone worked out it was Lower case 'a' Letter 1 and Letter 7?

I have tried importing paints that don't have any lower case a's of any sort, checked several times, and yet these paints still don't import
#71 Posted : Saturday, September 12, 2015 4:24:10 PM(UTC)
Curtis - are the same car models available in fm6?

Just trying to rule out the possible obvious issues.

If you're still having problems importing designs, try breaking it down in to manageable groups on fm5 - as you do replica's might be worth deleting all sides of the car except one at a time. As you'll no doubt have the same logo's on multiple sides, so you can narrow it down quicker that way. Delete a group and try the import, if it doesn't work, replace that group and delete another.

Before starting that process, ensure all lower case a's have already been removed.

Eventually with a little playing around you should be able to figure out what's causing you the issue.

I only had a problem with the lower case a from the first fonts tab, but It's not beyond the realm of possibility that there are other problem layers.

2 users liked this post.
#72 Posted : Saturday, September 12, 2015 4:39:49 PM(UTC)
It's not even worth the effort. It's not just the lower case a's. I've been through paints... removed all fonts and still have paints that won't transfer. It's a mess and to be fair... really disappointing
#73 Posted : Saturday, September 12, 2015 4:51:37 PM(UTC)
Mimic,

How about some specifics, what designs won't import, what cars are they on?

If you don't want to take the time to figure out what the issue is, then at least give T10 the info that might help them isolate the issue.

D
#74 Posted : Monday, September 14, 2015 3:49:34 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: DamMe2006 Go to Quoted Post
Curtis - are the same car models available in fm6?

Just trying to rule out the possible obvious issues.

If you're still having problems importing designs, try breaking it down in to manageable groups on fm5 - as you do replica's might be worth deleting all sides of the car except one at a time. As you'll no doubt have the same logo's on multiple sides, so you can narrow it down quicker that way. Delete a group and try the import, if it doesn't work, replace that group and delete another.

Before starting that process, ensure all lower case a's have already been removed.

Eventually with a little playing around you should be able to figure out what's causing you the issue.

I only had a problem with the lower case a from the first fonts tab, but It's not beyond the realm of possibility that there are other problem layers.

I tried and gave up.. Spent 2 hours with just one paint trying to transfer across. And some logos ended up pixelated... I agree with Mimic, It's not worth it.

I don't have the time to sit there and do this with every paint. This import issue should have been discovered long before early access. Kinda ruined the whole point of me getting it early, it's been a complete waste of my time. Very disappointed indeed

#75 Posted : Monday, September 14, 2015 4:00:56 AM(UTC)
I deleted all my F5 vinly paint in the end it was slowing the game down, no loss at least I have F5 desgns with no logos, as I remade nearly all the logo in FH2. Been at this now 4 days and still dealing with it, but for the F5 paint problem this would have been done on the first day.
4 Pages1234PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error