4 Pages1234PrevNext
#26 Posted : Thursday, September 10, 2015 10:06:03 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: PJTierney Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: HeliosT10 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: PJTierney Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: HeliosT10 Go to Quoted Post
Do you have a “lower-case a” character in your original FM5 file? If so can you remove/change it and then try importing it again.

This is a known issue and we're currently working on a fix.

Is this an issue with FM5 files specifically or FH2 also?

Additionally; if I only have Vinyl Groups, will I have less trouble? I've got about 30 or so that I made since August on FH2 that I plan on porting over.

We believe it's exclusive to FM5 to FM6 transfers.

Okay, thanks for the quick response.

I've only created work on FH2 (in order to get a head start on FM6 painting) so hopefully I'm unaffected.

On a side note (more of a general question that anybody can answer): When you do an FM5/FH2 import, does it only import "unlocked content" (ie: items YOU created) or also downloaded content from other players (which would still be locked)?

Only unlocked content will transfer over
#27 Posted : Thursday, September 10, 2015 10:08:11 AM(UTC)
I tried removing the letter a then saving and re importing but it still doesn't work.

Disappointing.
#28 Posted : Thursday, September 10, 2015 10:12:03 AM(UTC)
WildcatKNH -

On the share screen when importing a file if you don't want to share it yet (may need adjustment as straight TF not 100%) just cancel - That should save a copy of the file without saving it.

Get in the relevant car, RB twice to go to the Customise tab.

Select Paint Car
Move across to My Designs
Your saved designs should appear under My Files once imported from FH2 or FM5

Once loaded on the car give it a good once over as sides may have shifted a little and need tweaking to marry up as originally intended. Then share once happy with it.

Hope that helps

D
#29 Posted : Thursday, September 10, 2015 10:24:05 AM(UTC)
DamMe .... I'm with ya on all that. I found all the appropriate menus. I don't have an option to actually 'load' the design onto the car. That's what I'm missing.
#30 Posted : Thursday, September 10, 2015 10:28:05 AM(UTC)
Any help on the question in the subject? I can upload full paint designs from both games ... but I see no option to actually apply them to the same cars in FM6. The only options are to Share or Rename. What am I missing? Anyone able to successfully apply an FM5 or FH2 paint to an FM6 car yet?
#31 Posted : Thursday, September 10, 2015 10:30:41 AM(UTC)
I just did it as I was typing - so pretty sure I didn't miss a step. Is it the exact same model car in both games?

Also for anyone else struggling with importing designs not involving 'a's have you read this?

http://forums.forzamotor...very-Import-details.aspx

It has details of a few other logo's that won't import across.

Edit;

Just checked and if I'm in a different model car to the design I only get the share/ rename option. If I'm in the correct model car I have the option to Load - 'filename'

Hopefully it's just a slightly different model car you've jumped in.

Edited by user Thursday, September 10, 2015 10:40:17 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#32 Posted : Thursday, September 10, 2015 10:41:27 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: WildcatKNH Go to Quoted Post
AB .... thanks for the tips. Any word on how we're supposed to apply a complete design once uploaded from either FM5 or FH2? Once uploaded, the only options I am given are Share or Rename.

The issue was only with fm5, horizon worked fine.

customise > paint car > my designs

(AB) ABGRAPHICS : FH4 / FM7 / Twitter / Discord / Flickr
#33 Posted : Thursday, September 10, 2015 10:45:31 AM(UTC)
Okay ... I feel like an idiot now. Was trying to apply designs to 'Team Forza' versions of the same cars I'd done paints on. Didn't necessarily want to buy the 'regular' versions ... since I already had the free versions. But ... in-game the Team Forza cars are recognized as different cars ... even though they're the same year, make and model. Ahh well ... mystery solved.

Thanks for the help guys.
#34 Posted : Thursday, September 10, 2015 10:53:39 AM(UTC)
No problem, can always save the sides and apply to the team forza cars that way but glad you've sussed it for now.

Cheers

D
#35 Posted : Thursday, September 10, 2015 11:14:53 AM(UTC)
Does anyone know how to import vinyls groups? Says import but nothing happens
#36 Posted : Thursday, September 10, 2015 11:25:12 AM(UTC)
Vicc, after you've clicked import, try pressing LB until you get back to MY FILES. Is the file you requested to import not there?
#37 Posted : Thursday, September 10, 2015 11:30:23 AM(UTC)
How do you import ?
 1 user liked this post.
#38 Posted : Thursday, September 10, 2015 11:37:07 AM(UTC)
Faster Creed - I posted some steps on importing a whole design earlier in the thread. Is it a layer group or what you're wanting to import, can you be more specific?

Maybe I didn't start at the beginning when looking back at my previous post- so for importing a whole design;

Go to the customise menu tab.

Paint car

My Designs

RB (Right shoulder button) across to either FH2 or FM5 files.

Select the file you want. You should get a message saying import file? - Select Yes

Then cancel so you can load it on to the relevant car model, check nothing has shifted before sharing it.

With Vinyl Groups;

Go to Customise tab again.

Select My Vinyl Groups

Again RB across to either FH2 or FM5 files.

Once imported, the file should show in the My files tab, whether a car design or Vinyl group (depending on whether you are in Paint car or My vinyl groups) at the time.

Edited by user Thursday, September 10, 2015 11:45:14 AM(UTC)  | Reason: added more info to my reply

#39 Posted : Thursday, September 10, 2015 11:51:31 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: DamMe2006 Go to Quoted Post
Faster Creed - I posted some steps on importing a whole design earlier in the thread. Is it a layer group or what you're wanting to import, can you be more specific?

Maybe I didn't start at the beginning when looking back at my previous post- so for importing a whole design;

Go to the customise menu tab.

Paint car

My Designs

RB (Right shoulder button) across to either FH2 or FM5 files.

Select the file you want. You should get a message saying import file? - Select Yes

Then cancel so you can load it on to the relevant car model, check nothing has shifted before sharing it.

With Vinyl Groups;

Go to Customise tab again.

Select My Vinyl Groups

Again RB across to either FH2 or FM5 files.

Once imported, the file should show in the My files tab, whether a car design or Vinyl group (depending on whether you are in Paint car or My vinyl groups) at the time.

Oh, I did not saw that.. So its games own spec, Thanks for the reply mate I will give it a try..

#40 Posted : Thursday, September 10, 2015 12:48:23 PM(UTC)
Some bugs to work out. Took forever to figure out you have to import vinyls first then you can upload to car.

And that "a"thing seems random.. some do some dont. I've gotten 3 paints to load from 5..all with an "a" in the paint somewhere. And some without an "a" at all wont

Patience I guess.
#41 Posted : Thursday, September 10, 2015 1:00:29 PM(UTC)
It's a certain one or two of the lower case a's Mimic that's causing the problem. With me it was the first font you come to but AB mentioned another one I believe in his post.

I only had like 5/6 complete designs to import, so didn't take me long to overcome the issue.

I guess if you find another 'problem' design, try importing the groups as AB mentioned and see if you can see what layers causing the problem - he mentions a 'Ghost' layer and some pixellation but not experimented to try and recreate the situation myself, so can't go in to any more detail.
#42 Posted : Thursday, September 10, 2015 9:34:32 PM(UTC)
So the lower case a can't be in the file name or there can't be any instances of the lower case a vinyls appearing on the car?
#43 Posted : Thursday, September 10, 2015 10:41:59 PM(UTC)
There is no problem with having a's in the filename. It's just certain lower case a's from the fonts tab being in the design itself that's causing some problems.
#44 Posted : Thursday, September 10, 2015 11:04:54 PM(UTC)
Same here, hopefully it'll be fixed soon.
#45 Posted : Thursday, September 10, 2015 11:29:52 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: four cam tbird Go to Quoted Post
So the lower case a can't be in the file name or there can't be any instances of the lower case a vinyls appearing on the car?

It is only the lower letter 1 'a' & lower letter 7 'a' in Decal/Vinyl form.
Filenames dont make any difference

[AB]

(AB) ABGRAPHICS : FH4 / FM7 / Twitter / Discord / Flickr
#46 Posted : Friday, September 11, 2015 12:15:48 AM(UTC)
AB .... thanks for the tips. Any word on how we're supposed to apply a complete design once uploaded from either FM5 or FH2? Once uploaded, the only options I am given are Share or Rename.

Silly question but are you in the right car i have the option to load share or rename
#47 Posted : Friday, September 11, 2015 1:05:23 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: CRUSE2382 Go to Quoted Post

Silly question but are you in the right car i have the option to load share or rename

Cruse .... I figured it out after that post. I was trying to apply designs to 'Team Forza' versions of the same car. The game recognizes them as different cars even though they're the same year, make and model. All's good now ... except my paints from FM5 with lower case 'a's.....
#48 Posted : Friday, September 11, 2015 1:30:21 AM(UTC)
Are we sure it just lower case a's ive ripped my aston martin dbs paint to bits and no lower case a's but still cant import and when i do it the layer way its still pixely but camt figure why
#49 Posted : Friday, September 11, 2015 1:35:07 AM(UTC)
Scratch that i found it
#50 Posted : Friday, September 11, 2015 1:41:48 AM(UTC)
in Forza 5 and Horizon 2 i have downloaded some decals, not full designs.

now i can see this decals in the import menu, but when i press the A button, nothing happens, i only hear the sound of pressing button.

it's bugged or i can only see these decals but can't use them in Forza 6?

i can't see the point of listing these decals from previous games if i can't use them now.
4 Pages1234PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error