4 Pages123>>Next
#1 Posted : Thursday, September 10, 2015 5:35:09 AM(UTC)
Hopefully it's just me. It just says saving game and it doesn't finish saving:( I have to restart the game everytime. Oh well if it's a big enough problem I'm sure they will patch it
Metropolis watches, and thoughtfully smiles
#2 Posted : Thursday, September 10, 2015 6:02:53 AM(UTC)
Same here
 1 user liked this post.
#3 Posted : Thursday, September 10, 2015 6:24:34 AM(UTC)
Me to ,
ah well its forza
#4 Posted : Thursday, September 10, 2015 6:30:55 AM(UTC)
I have 2 imports doing this.. A third imported just fine, and quickly.

I'm sure there will be a patch out, sadly I wanted my best liked Forza 5 design imported on Day 1. At least 1 of my top 3 is there. :)
#5 Posted : Thursday, September 10, 2015 6:37:07 AM(UTC)
Yeah... cr ap shoot. Either instant load or no go
 1 user liked this post.
#6 Posted : Thursday, September 10, 2015 6:39:38 AM(UTC)
Do you have a “lower-case a” character vinyl in your original FM5 file? If so can you remove/change it and then try importing it again.

This is a known issue and we're currently working on a fix.

Edited by user Thursday, September 10, 2015 7:35:47 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Forza EMEA Community Manager
#7 Posted : Thursday, September 10, 2015 6:56:36 AM(UTC)
Okay ... so I imported a full design very quickly from FH2 to FM6. No problems. But .... how do I apply it to the same car in my garage? The only options I see when I select the imported design are Share and Rename? What am I missing?
#8 Posted : Thursday, September 10, 2015 7:01:12 AM(UTC)
Ive got files with upper and lower case A/a and some save and some dont. REDBULL didnt save and has no a/A in it.

Deranged De.
#9 Posted : Thursday, September 10, 2015 7:07:48 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: HeliosT10 Go to Quoted Post
Do you have a “lower-case a” character in your original FM5 file? If so can you remove/change it and then try importing it again.

Is this an issue with FM5 files specifically or FH2 also?

Additionally; if I only have Vinyl Groups, will I have less trouble? I've got about 30 or so that I made since August on FH2 that I plan on porting over.
#10 Posted : Thursday, September 10, 2015 7:16:00 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: VR Deranged Go to Quoted Post
Ive got files with upper and lower case A/a and some save and some dont. REDBULL didnt save and has no a/A in it.

Same, one design I tried to import has no A (lower or upper) in the name.
 1 user liked this post.
#11 Posted : Thursday, September 10, 2015 7:20:35 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: PJTierney Go to Quoted Post
Do you have a “lower-case a” character in your original FM5 file? If so can you remove/change it and then try importing it again.

Additionally; if I only have Vinyl Groups, will I have less trouble? I've got about 30 or so that I made since August on FH2 that I plan on porting over.

We believe it's exclusive to FM5 to FM6 transfers.
#12 Posted : Thursday, September 10, 2015 7:31:22 AM(UTC)
I am not having any issues with my FH2 imports, it seems to be when I try And Import FM5 files that I get the a random load here and there, but on the whole it just gets stuck on the saving screen.
#13 Posted : Thursday, September 10, 2015 7:36:27 AM(UTC)

Sorry if I wasn't clear, I don't mean in the filename, I mean one of the lower case "a" character decals in your design.
#14 Posted : Thursday, September 10, 2015 7:46:54 AM(UTC)
Well I have not been able to sync my fh2 data for the last six months or so since one of the last updates,and have tried a lot of things to get it working with no success
And now I'm having trouble syncing to my paints and vinyls from fh2 and fm5 to fm6 I'll try an overnight sync and see but I'm not very confident I can't start over again for a 3rd time to many hours put in to these games :(
#15 Posted : Thursday, September 10, 2015 8:02:35 AM(UTC)

Okay, thanks for the quick response.

I've only created work on FH2 (in order to get a head start on FM6 painting) so hopefully I'm unaffected.

On a side note (more of a general question that anybody can answer): When you do an FM5/FH2 import, does it only import "unlocked content" (ie: items YOU created) or also downloaded content from other players (which would still be locked)?
#16 Posted : Thursday, September 10, 2015 8:04:04 AM(UTC)
I imported a vinyl from FM5 with lower case 'a's in it. Worked like a charm. Except when I went to apply it to a car in 6 ... there were no lower case 'a's. So, yeah, still some bugs in the graphics/vinyls/paint design area. Guess I'll just race for a while before trying to paint or design anything.
#17 Posted : Thursday, September 10, 2015 8:10:18 AM(UTC)
My entire design, 472 layers, is composed entirely of lower-case A's. Please advise.
Every man is unwaveringly convinced he is both of two things: a sensational lover, and an unbeatable driver. No evidence to the contrary will ever convince him otherwise.
#18 Posted : Thursday, September 10, 2015 8:10:48 AM(UTC)

Sorry if I wasn't clear, I don't mean in the filename, I mean one of the lower case "a" character decals in your design.

Ok I just got that. All decals will import however if there is a letter a in the decal itself it will be missing from the decal. I think now that if you have a full design that has a letter a in it somewhere on the paint it wont import and the save screen will just keep spinning.

Deranged De.
#19 Posted : Thursday, September 10, 2015 8:33:04 AM(UTC)
Well after talking to a few painters I didn't know there is a selection to chose from as in fh2 first and fm5 second but I can't scroll across to the fm5 vinyls as it just starts to sync the fh2 ones so I'd rather lose fh2 stuff as I've been working on fm5 getting paints and vinyls ready for fm6 so looks like I could be ok
 1 user liked this post.
#20 Posted : Thursday, September 10, 2015 9:12:04 AM(UTC)

Okay, thanks for the quick response.

I've only created work on FH2 (in order to get a head start on FM6 painting) so hopefully I'm unaffected.

On a side note (more of a general question that anybody can answer): When you do an FM5/FH2 import, does it only import "unlocked content" (ie: items YOU created) or also downloaded content from other players (which would still be locked)?

Only unlocked content will transfer
#21 Posted : Thursday, September 10, 2015 9:23:59 AM(UTC)

Ok I just got that. All decals will import however if there is a letter a in the decal itself it will be missing from the decal. I think now that if you have a full design that has a letter a in it somewhere on the paint it wont import and the save screen will just keep spinning.

Short term solution load fm5 delete all lower case a's from design you want to bring across. Save as new filename and go back to 6. Import the new design, add the lower case a's back in and jobs a good un.
#22 Posted : Thursday, September 10, 2015 9:26:00 AM(UTC)
Same problem here. Hoping for a quick solution for this
 3 users liked this post.
#23 Posted : Thursday, September 10, 2015 9:43:09 AM(UTC)
Right this is what I know and this is the fix I used to over come the issue whilst T10 resolve.

The problem comes from lower letter 'a' in lower letters 1 & lower letters 7

There are 2 current work arounds I've tried both and they work.
( I'm sorry this isn't ideal solution but for now it works)

if your design takes longer than 30 seconds to import then it will fail (however long you leave it), dashboard and force quit FM6
Then try either of the below....

OPTION 1
Replace all the a in FM5 editor with another character or a random shape so you can see it clearly once imported in FM6.
(you need to do this for each 'a' over the design)
The design will import in seconds, then open the design and replace the a's back to what they were.

OPTION 2
Import the whole design as layers, top sides, front and rear by saving the entire layer sets, like previous Forza games we could do it this way.
Import via the vinyl editor (not the import design)
Note: Ingame manufacturer logos will not import so you need to remove or replace once in FM6

Once imported open the car and realign the decal sets to fit the car again.

You will see the design goes insanely pixelated. That warns that you have a rogue 'a' somewhere in it.
in the design the a will show as a ghost layer (clear) as option 1 replace with the a and the design will be fine.

DONT save before you have done the above in opt2 or the save will crash. So fix and save at the end

I hope that helps get you moving for now until completely resolved.
But ask if you need any further guidance

AB

(AB) ABGRAPHICS : FH4 / FM7 / Twitter / Discord / Flickr
#24 Posted : Thursday, September 10, 2015 9:51:12 AM(UTC)
I have over a hundred liveries to import but almost nothing has come over. All my vinyl groups have migrated however i have not cheked to see if the small a's are missing. I have also migrated a locked vinyl group fromFM5. Also i went back to FM 5 saved each plane of the livery into a vinyl group. This has been successfully pulled over to FM6 and is on the car. Guess i might wait a little and see if its sorted.
#25 Posted : Thursday, September 10, 2015 9:57:02 AM(UTC)
AB .... thanks for the tips. Any word on how we're supposed to apply a complete design once uploaded from either FM5 or FH2? Once uploaded, the only options I am given are Share or Rename.
4 Pages123>>Next

Notification

Icon
Error