9 Pages123>>Next
 8 users liked this post.
#1 Posted : Thursday, September 10, 2015 5:15:06 AM(UTC)
Early access to Forza Motorsport 6 begins today for Forza 6 Ultimate Edition owners!

I wanted to make people aware of an issue with launching Ultimate Edition today. Players who purchased the Ultimate Edition before 8/31 but have not since updated their Xbox One, have disabled auto-updates, or have not gone online since pre-ordering, may still have just the Forza Motorsport 6 "stub file" (essentially a placeholder) on their Xbox consoles, and not the full pre-downloaded version of the game. For those players, launching the stub file will cause the game to return to the dashboard without prompting the player to download a CU for the full game. Affected players can simply delete this stub file and re-download the game from "My Games & Apps" but will need to download the full game before being able to play it.

An easy way to find out whether you have the full game or the stub file is to look at the image associate with the game. Examples:

FULL GAME IMAGE:
Full Game Image

STUB FILE IMAGE:
Stub File Image

While we expect this problem to only affect a minimum number of players, I wanted to make sure that those affected know that we were aware of the problem.

Thanks and enjoy early access to FM6!

Brian

Edited by user Friday, September 11, 2015 8:03:47 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Brian Ekberg
Forza Community Manager
ForzaMotorsport.net
 1 user liked this post.
#2 Posted : Thursday, September 10, 2015 5:16:10 AM(UTC)
Definitely got me. Re-installing..
 1 user liked this post.
#3 Posted : Thursday, September 10, 2015 5:19:47 AM(UTC)
I'm having a whole different set of issues...
It installed all the DLC to Forza Motorsport 5... and shows all my Forza Motorsport 5 DLC is now gone.
#4 Posted : Thursday, September 10, 2015 5:23:07 AM(UTC)
Mine says updating and stuck at 1%???????
#5 Posted : Thursday, September 10, 2015 5:26:27 AM(UTC)
I have the full game image, but it does exactly what you describe.
#6 Posted : Thursday, September 10, 2015 5:29:22 AM(UTC)
Hit me als well, and doesn't load😡😁😁😁

Edited by user Thursday, September 10, 2015 6:02:32 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#7 Posted : Thursday, September 10, 2015 5:29:46 AM(UTC)
same for me show full game logo and doesn't start I'm just have to download it again
#8 Posted : Thursday, September 10, 2015 5:30:24 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Racerfink Go to Quoted Post

I did too. Now I'm reinstalling and it's sitting at 1%.

Another strange thing...all of my DLC for Forza 6 shows the Forza 5 icon in the bottom corner. If I try to launch Forza 6 from one of the DLCs it starts Forza 5.

Hey! I'm at 2% now....

Edited by user Thursday, September 10, 2015 5:31:20 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#9 Posted : Thursday, September 10, 2015 5:30:45 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: omarlop80 Go to Quoted Post
Mine says updating and stuck at 1%???????

Mine als well, for 10 Minuten already!
#10 Posted : Thursday, September 10, 2015 5:32:59 AM(UTC)
I have the full game image too but all my dlc says it's still preordered.
#11 Posted: : Thursday, September 10, 2015 5:33:13 AM(UTC)
Thanks for the update, a bit late though :(
But I saw the full game image and not the stub file image, and still had the same problem.

hope mine will be installed before the live show. (atm 4%)
#12 Posted : Thursday, September 10, 2015 5:33:43 AM(UTC)
Also have full game image and booted to dashboard. Uninstalled and stuck at 1%
#13 Posted : Thursday, September 10, 2015 5:35:24 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Makk Loud Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Racerfink Go to Quoted Post

I did too. Now I'm reinstalling and it's sitting at 1%.

Another strange thing...all of my DLC for Forza 6 shows the Forza 5 icon in the bottom corner. If I try to launch Forza 6 from one of the DLCs it starts Forza 5.

Hey! I'm at 2% now....

Same situation here, but with my internet speeds I'll be lucky to have it down again before the 15th.
Disappointing.
#14 Posted : Thursday, September 10, 2015 5:35:24 AM(UTC)
I have the same issue as everyone else. Stuck at 1% with the full image. And when the dlc popped up they all had a forza 5 thumbnail imag .
#15 Posted : Thursday, September 10, 2015 5:36:40 AM(UTC)
so because of this can we get doms car
#16 Posted : Thursday, September 10, 2015 5:38:25 AM(UTC)
Couldn't you install someone FAST SERVER for the Update, it will take Hours!!!!!

Edited by user Thursday, September 10, 2015 6:03:58 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

5 users liked this post.
#17 Posted : Thursday, September 10, 2015 5:39:15 AM(UTC)
I paid for this?????
How is it posible you made and update at the time you are supposed to be playing???? You have many days before to do that.
Before 15:01 CET it says that is too early to play the game and at 1500 it starts to make an update!!! And it's taken more than usual. It's on 3% and it has 40 minutes downloading??
What time I'm supposed to be playing??? Tomorrow??? Who is going to refund me for this issue??? Because I paid more to play it early.!!!
#18 Posted : Thursday, September 10, 2015 5:39:37 AM(UTC)
Yep, Same problem. Re installing @11% now
#19 Posted : Thursday, September 10, 2015 5:40:28 AM(UTC)
You guys are downloading the whole game now.. its not stuck at 1% its downloading 45,9 gb (the game)

Just redownload the dlcs and the "preordered" message is gone

redownloading the game takes 18,2 hours for me... ... -_-

Edited by user Thursday, September 10, 2015 5:42:29 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#20 Posted : Thursday, September 10, 2015 5:43:01 AM(UTC)
Same here😔 . The add ons all displayed the forza 5 logo when installed. When I try to select forza 6 it acts like it's going to load and then it just kicks me back to the Xbox one home screen
#21 Posted : Thursday, September 10, 2015 5:43:41 AM(UTC)
I paid to play not be re downloading the game. I also have full image and no game to play.
#22 Posted : Thursday, September 10, 2015 5:43:43 AM(UTC)
Yep, I fell victim to this too. I could have swore that my Xbox was set to auto-update. I'm installing the update now, and will go back to downloading the game. My plans for today have been completely changed now...
#23 Posted : Thursday, September 10, 2015 5:47:03 AM(UTC)
i had the fullgame image. but it kicks me out, what i am worried about is that my game size was 45 Gb. i checked it yesterday. when it unlocked i saw my xbox saying it is ready to play. kicks me out, i check the size end now it suddenly is about 250 MB. where is the rest of the 45 GB gone to?
#24 Posted : Thursday, September 10, 2015 5:47:16 AM(UTC)
How could I be redownloading yet when I go to manage it says manage 45gb. If it wasn't installed it wouldn't be taking up HD space. And on top of that my internet isnt suffering at all. When Xbox downloads updates and games I get a big slow down on my internet with other devices but I'm not having any issue with speed right now.
 1 user liked this post.
#25 Posted : Thursday, September 10, 2015 5:47:33 AM(UTC)
So to be clear I have to uninstall all 54 meg of game and reinstall?
9 Pages123>>Next

Notification

Icon
Error