2 Pages12Next
Rank: A-Class Racing License
 4 users liked this post.
#1 Posted : Tuesday, September 8, 2015 10:42:30 PM(UTC)
Yep, hit the tune cap on Forza 6 today:

http://t.co/yIIduZ3T8o

I hit it when I was around 450 cars in my garage with a few double tunes for some cars. Sounds like tune cap is 500 so fair warning to tuners out there, be a little bit stingy on your saves if you want room for DLC.

I spoke to T10 and the save limit is client side, there's nothing they can do about it unfortunately.

Edited by user Wednesday, September 9, 2015 8:38:04 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: A-Class Racing License
#2 Posted : Tuesday, September 8, 2015 10:53:31 PM(UTC)
Thanks for the heads up, hopefully the garage limit is much higher for all the unsaved tunes on duplicate cars.
Mash Tuned since 2005 | Youtube






Rank: A-Class Racing License
#3 Posted : Tuesday, September 8, 2015 11:20:02 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Ma5hEd Go to Quoted Post
Thanks for the heads up, hopefully the garage limit is much higher for all the unsaved tunes on duplicate cars.


No problem. Garage limit is 600.
Rank: On the Podium
#4 Posted : Tuesday, September 8, 2015 11:36:02 PM(UTC)
Good to know. More importantly for me personally, is there a design cap or vinyl group cap?
Rank: B-Class Racing License
#5 Posted : Tuesday, September 8, 2015 11:44:22 PM(UTC)
Good to know. Will you be clearing out some of your "lesser" tunes to make room for more, or just starting to open-source tune right from launch?
Rank: A-Class Racing License
#6 Posted : Wednesday, September 9, 2015 12:07:11 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: PJTierney Go to Quoted Post
Good to know. More importantly for me personally, is there a design cap or vinyl group cap?


If FM5 says anything, design cap will match the tune cap. Not sure about vinyls.

Originally Posted by: Apoc112 Go to Quoted Post
Good to know. Will you be clearing out some of your "lesser" tunes to make room for more, or just starting to open-source tune right from launch?


I just deleted a bunch of cars, ex Formula E, which had multiple of the same cars with the same tunes. There will only be one Formula E up, two IndyCars, and all other overlapped race cars will probably just be one built up rather than all. I deleted lots already due to that.
Rank: D-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#7 Posted : Wednesday, September 9, 2015 12:07:31 AM(UTC)
That means you have done 500 tunes since getting early access. No doubt you will be sharing some of them... I'm sure people will appreciate your efforts.

Work over. Time to race boy
Rank: A-Class Racing License
 2 users liked this post.
#8 Posted : Wednesday, September 9, 2015 2:03:53 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: A2E SilverFox68 Go to Quoted Post
That means you have done 500 tunes since getting early access. No doubt you will be sharing some of them... I'm sure people will appreciate your efforts.

Work over. Time to race boy


Yep, here's the list: http://forums.forzamotor...gularly.aspx#post_344350

I still have some more to do, almost time to race though, I'm so excited!
Rank: S-Class Racing License
#9 Posted : Wednesday, September 9, 2015 2:23:22 AM(UTC)
These tunes of yours for FM6 feels/sounds like a "new" tune-DLC added to FM6 [if they're shared]. If so, many many thanks.

Cheers

FA

Better than always being right is knowing when to shut up
_______________________________________________________________________
FH, FM3, FM4, FM5, FH2, FM6, FM7
Rank: On the Podium
#10 Posted : Wednesday, September 9, 2015 4:35:26 AM(UTC)
Any big changes noticed in how to tune? Or will a generic base tune from FM5 work in FM6?
Rank: Moderator
 4 users liked this post.
#11 Posted : Wednesday, September 9, 2015 4:43:42 AM(UTC)
RB, you'll just have to give up tuning and everyone will have to download mine, sure they may not be brilliant but they all go both forward and backwards.
Rank: On the Podium
#12 Posted : Wednesday, September 9, 2015 4:57:08 AM(UTC)
So question...does that include FM5 to new, or just ones saved for FM6?

FH4 Liveries | FM7 Liveries | Tunes Available, Search Criteria: DEW
Rank: R-Class Racing License
#13 Posted : Wednesday, September 9, 2015 5:02:45 AM(UTC)
Oh goodness, that's a kick in the teeth there.

Only 500? That is completely untenable. How are most decent tuners meant to operate? Let alone anyone part of a club or team?

It's crazy how one small detail can kill an experience for me. I don't want to spend most of my time deliberating on which file to delete next, before having to kill off everything like they do in Game of Thrones.
Rank: Racing Legend
#14 Posted : Wednesday, September 9, 2015 5:07:01 AM(UTC)
Dew it will be total as the FM5 tunes are imported into FM6 they arent accessible to be loaded to car without doing this. Likewise vinyls do the same.

[AB]

(AB) ABGRAPHICS : FH4 / FM7 / Twitter / Discord / Flickr
Rank: X-Class Racing License
#15 Posted : Wednesday, September 9, 2015 5:11:22 AM(UTC)
I thought at least you'd wait until launch to hit the tune cap but it's that low?

Guess we'll have to look for WindsweptDragon's tune to keep us going on all those cars you don't do. :P
Rank: On the Podium
#16 Posted : Wednesday, September 9, 2015 5:39:36 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ABGRAPHICS Go to Quoted Post
Dew it will be total as the FM5 tunes are imported into FM6 they arent accessible to be loaded to car without doing this. Likewise vinyls do the same.

[AB]


If I import and save as a new FM6 file, I presume it'll take up 2 slots?

In that case if I convert a design or vinyl group into an FM6 file, and then delete my FM5/FH2 file from that game and resync, I can open up a file spot?

For designs I should be okay as I don't expect to hit 500, but vinyl groups may be a different matter.
Rank: On the Podium
#17 Posted : Wednesday, September 9, 2015 6:48:50 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ABGRAPHICS Go to Quoted Post
Dew it will be total as the FM5 tunes are imported into FM6 they arent accessible to be loaded to car without doing this. Likewise vinyls do the same.

[AB]


Damn, so the cap on vinyls is the same? 500?

I have to imagine they'll up that. Remember when like 50 was the limit for Driver level in FM5? They fixed that pretty quickly.

FH4 Liveries | FM7 Liveries | Tunes Available, Search Criteria: DEW
Rank: A-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#18 Posted : Wednesday, September 9, 2015 6:52:55 AM(UTC)
I really don't see the need for there to be limits to storage with a company like Microsoft. For real man, they own SQL Server and database space is getting exponentially cheaper by the hour! Remove the store limits on anything T10!!!!
" If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari. "
- Gilles Villeneuve





Rank: C-Class Racing License
#19 Posted : Wednesday, September 9, 2015 7:36:59 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Raceboy77 Go to Quoted Post
Yep, hit the tune cap on Forza 6 today:

http://t.co/yIIduZ3T8o

I hit it when I was around 450 cars in my garage with a few double tunes for some cars. Sounds like tune cap is 500 so fair warning to tuners out there, be a little bit stingy on your saves if you want room for DLC.


That's pretty ridiculous. There are 471 cars currently, and will be over 500 when all the DLC is done, so if you have one of every car you're not going to be able to have a tune for all of them, and you can only have a duplicate car for 20% of the fleet before hitting the garage limit. SMH ...
Rank: R-Class Racing License
#20 Posted : Wednesday, September 9, 2015 7:41:53 AM(UTC)
I just don't understand why T10 keeps putting caps on the amount of tunes and vinyls you can save and put up for everyone to enjoy. This game has a huge community and much of that community loves to share what they create. At least the garage limit is 600.
Rank: A-Class Racing License
#21 Posted : Wednesday, September 9, 2015 8:34:03 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: RPM Swerve Go to Quoted Post
Any big changes noticed in how to tune? Or will a generic base tune from FM5 work in FM6?

Pretty similar

Originally Posted by: WindsweptDragon Go to Quoted Post
RB, you'll just have to give up tuning and everyone will have to download mine, sure they may not be brilliant but they all go both forward and backwards.


Make a tuning thread :).

Originally Posted by: HMR Motorhead Go to Quoted Post
Oh goodness, that's a kick in the teeth there.

Only 500? That is completely untenable. How are most decent tuners meant to operate? Let alone anyone part of a club or team?

It's crazy how one small detail can kill an experience for me. I don't want to spend most of my time deliberating on which file to delete next, before having to kill off everything like they do in Game of Thrones.


Having cars without saved tunes is the only thing we can really do.

Originally Posted by: TrendIsFERENZO Go to Quoted Post
I really don't see the need for there to be limits to storage with a company like Microsoft. For real man, they own SQL Server and database space is getting exponentially cheaper by the hour! Remove the store limits on anything T10!!!!


Apparently the limit is client side, nothing T10 can do about it.

Originally Posted by: EMW Radicus Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Raceboy77 Go to Quoted Post
Yep, hit the tune cap on Forza 6 today:

http://t.co/yIIduZ3T8o

I hit it when I was around 450 cars in my garage with a few double tunes for some cars. Sounds like tune cap is 500 so fair warning to tuners out there, be a little bit stingy on your saves if you want room for DLC.




That's pretty ridiculous. There are 471 cars currently, and will be over 500 when all the DLC is done, so if you have one of every car you're not going to be able to have a tune for all of them, and you can only have a duplicate car for 20% of the fleet before hitting the garage limit. SMH ...


Yep, it was the same way in FM5 :(.

Rank: A-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#22 Posted : Wednesday, September 9, 2015 8:53:25 AM(UTC)
Holy smokes RB, you've been quite busy this last week to have already hit the cap nearly ;)
Rank: A-Class Racing License
#23 Posted : Wednesday, September 9, 2015 8:55:03 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: WindsweptDragon Go to Quoted Post
RB, you'll just have to give up tuning and everyone will have to download mine, sure they may not be brilliant but they all go both forward and backwards.


Haha, as long as the car moves fowards and backwards what more do you need?
Rank: On the Podium
#24 Posted : Wednesday, September 9, 2015 9:54:25 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Raceboy77 Go to Quoted Post
[quote=RPM Swerve;349734]

Apparently the limit is client side, nothing T10 can do about it.



I'm gonna call BS on that...this list should be a table that's referenced somewhere. Bungie said similar things with the Vault in Destiny, yet have figured out ways to more than triple that space now. With Destiny, it was something about the 360 not having enough memory to prepopulate all the models for the weapons, which should not be a constraint here, but I could see them preloading and rendering the vinyls or something...just a thought. I still don't buy that it's not possible.

FH4 Liveries | FM7 Liveries | Tunes Available, Search Criteria: DEW
Rank: A-Class Racing License
#25 Posted : Wednesday, September 9, 2015 10:49:39 AM(UTC)
500? That's a real shame. That's barely enough for the cars at launch, never mind future DLC (at a minimum 40+ cars).

I think it's kind of funny that T10 uses the community as an advertising feature, yet limits how much the community can do. Edit: In case this is read negatively against FM/T10, I mean as far as tune and design limits go. 500 is still a lot, but not enough. I'm sure if the cap could be increased further (if not infinitely), it would be, but I don't know the actual programming behind the game and how much can be done after ForzaTech engine, cars, tracks, etc. to allow for more space.

Side note, how is the painting side of things? If you merely, say, change the window tint, does that count as a design [again]? Or do you actually have to apply vinyls/others' designs for it to count as one design?

Edited by user Wednesday, September 9, 2015 10:53:55 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Clarifying.

One of "The 50"
2 Pages12Next

Notification

Icon
Error