2 Pages12Prev
#26 Posted : Wednesday, September 9, 2015 3:28:10 PM(UTC)
You need to set it to mode 4, which is holding down left paddle, right paddle, x then y all at the same time until you get 4 flashes in the white light
#27 Posted : Wednesday, September 9, 2015 4:58:33 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: VoodooUomo Go to Quoted Post
Guys, I just hooked up a Thrustmaster VG Ferrari 458 Spider wheel with the full game and it works just fine for me and is set to 240 degrees of rotation without any hyper sensitivity issues. I haven't tried the demo yet, but I don't know why it would not work.

Have you changed any settings on the wheel? Is there a way to reset it to factory settings and try again?
I'm happy to look into any issues there but I haven't been able to reproduce the problem. If you have specific details on how to make it happen please let me know.

Also do post if you're having issues with a different wheel. It seems like everyone having problems here is using the same 458 Spider wheel.

I don't have the 458 spider wheel but I have the tx. I cant set it to 240 so I set it to 270 and I think the problem is they're looking at the steering wheel animations in the cockpit view. Any slight turn at 270 dor like these guys said looks as though it's full lock but if you open up the telemetry you can see its not. Is it hypersensitive, i dunno but 270 dor seems very sensitive to me, i can only imagine how sensitive 240 feels like.
#28 Posted : Wednesday, September 9, 2015 5:11:06 PM(UTC)
Thebluegaloo is probably right, so disregard my other post
#29 Posted : Wednesday, September 9, 2015 5:24:18 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Snowowl Go to Quoted Post
Had some "issues" with my TX, and then realized I had started the Xbox One with my controller, then plugged the wheel in afterward. It seems sometimes the X1 itself doesn't properly generate recognition of the USB connector.

Shut down the console, removed the wired controller, connected the TX on a BACK USB port, connected the electricity, THEN booted the console and signed in with the wheel (and WITHOUT the controller). All my issues (except being fast enough) went away. Running at 540, manual w/auto clutch.

You also lose the ability to use the chat headset when you do it that way.
#30 Posted : Wednesday, September 9, 2015 6:29:15 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: im2fast4u711 Go to Quoted Post
Had some "issues" with my TX, and then realized I had started the Xbox One with my controller, then plugged the wheel in afterward. It seems sometimes the X1 itself doesn't properly generate recognition of the USB connector.

Shut down the console, removed the wired controller, connected the TX on a BACK USB port, connected the electricity, THEN booted the console and signed in with the wheel (and WITHOUT the controller). All my issues (except being fast enough) went away. Running at 540, manual w/auto clutch.

No you do not. After you have booted up the console with the wheel AND started the game, you then turn on the controller and use it to run the chat headset.

As for the Ferrari 458 wheel, I was under the impression it only offered 240 degrees of rotation - SOURCE. From the technical section under the product it clearly reads
Quote:

Wheel base featuring the ‘Bungee Cord’ mechanism, offering linear resistance (automatic centering system patented by Thrustmaster)
Optimized ‘Bungee Cord’ mechanism: delivers linear resistance, regardless of the rotation angle, ensuring ergonomic and intuitive control
Automatic centering
240 degree rotation angle

Therefore, Forza 5, Forza 6, or any other game for that matter cannot display a setting of more than 240 degrees. I haven't tried changing the modes on the steering wheel as I lost the little paper and forgot how but the wheel does have 4 different preset modes and I do remember the pamphlet said that Mode 4 (I believe) is optimal for Forza games. I'm sure someone here who has the paper can tell you which mode it is to use and how to switch to it but keep in mind you must do this every time you power on the wheel.

Quote:
Adjustable wheel sensitivity
Adjustable wheel sensitivity (4 included presets) ensuring more precise driving in all games

Running the demo with the wheel and the default mode it was a bit twitchy on both XO Motorsport titles. Next time I pull the wheel out I'll try it using modes 2 - 4 and see if it makes a difference.

Edited by user Wednesday, September 9, 2015 6:30:03 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#31 Posted : Wednesday, September 9, 2015 6:50:32 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: PPiDrive Go to Quoted Post

No you do not. After you have booted up the console with the wheel AND started the game, you then turn on the controller and use it to run the chat headset.

As for the Ferrari 458 wheel, I was under the impression it only offered 240 degrees of rotation - SOURCE. From the technical section under the product it clearly reads
Quote:

Wheel base featuring the ‘Bungee Cord’ mechanism, offering linear resistance (automatic centering system patented by Thrustmaster)
Optimized ‘Bungee Cord’ mechanism: delivers linear resistance, regardless of the rotation angle, ensuring ergonomic and intuitive control
Automatic centering

Therefore, Forza 5, Forza 6, or any other game for that matter cannot display a setting of more than 240 degrees. I haven't tried changing the modes on the steering wheel as I lost the little paper and forgot how but the wheel does have 4 different preset modes and I do remember the pamphlet said that Mode 4 (I believe) is optimal for Forza games. I'm sure someone here who has the paper can tell you which mode it is to use and how to switch to it but keep in mind you must do this every time you power on the wheel.

Quote:
Adjustable wheel sensitivity (4 included presets) ensuring more precise driving in all games

Running the demo with the wheel and the default mode it was a bit twitchy on both XO Motorsport titles. Next time I pull the wheel out I'll try it using modes 2 - 4 and see if it makes a difference.

I just tried it tonight, the headset only works when you use the controller first it's on the Thrustmaster website. https://www.google.com/u...Hc6Ba7aJyWSWEaWMajzKGAzw .
The 458 wheel is only 240 degrees and the 4 modes are for sensitivity.
#32 Posted : Wednesday, September 9, 2015 7:03:02 PM(UTC)

Quote:

Automatic centering

Quote:

#33 Posted : Wednesday, September 9, 2015 8:30:40 PM(UTC)
So I just had a go at the demo with my 458 Spider and it didn't feel overly sensitive to me at all. I set the wheel sensitivity to preset 3(I wished 3 in FM5 as well) and it worked great. Thrustmaster actually recommends in the manual you adjust the wheel sensitivity to 3 or 4 for Forza 5 and I'm assuming it would be the same for 6. To set the wheel sensitivity, you just have to hold down both shift paddles, B and Y all at the same time and the white light on the base will blink in accordance to what level sensitivity it's set on. The default is 1. So the first time you change it, the light should blink twice for level 2 and so on.

Remember that you can also use the automatic clutch with the wheel as well if you want to play the game with manual w/clutch and not have to worry about hitting the clutch button at the same time you shift. To do this, you just hold both shift paddles and press A. You can turn it back off the same way after a race to navigate the menus. Hope this helps!
2 Pages12Prev

Notification

Icon
Error