2 Pages12Prev
#26 Posted : Friday, August 28, 2015 10:04:02 PM(UTC)
FWIW, the BMW M1 Procar was originally part of a one make series and was then used in Group 4. I don't think it ever raced as Group 5. Although the rules became a bit murky back then and G4 became G5 at some point.

Edited by user Friday, August 28, 2015 10:07:00 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#27 Posted : Monday, August 31, 2015 7:33:33 AM(UTC)
Updated the Super Touring image.

Anyone know what the M1 was racing against in Group 4? I know it had its own series in 79-80 but it took part in Group 4 as well. Apparently there are a couple Group 5 M1s as well but that whole project was a disaster.

Someone mentioned that the Maserati 8CTF was actually the IndyCar variant. Looking at the three chassis the only differences I can spot is a different exhaust and slightly altered tail. Are we sure these differences didn't exist before the 8CTF won at Indianapolis? Apparently all three models took part in 1940 and yet the cars as they exist today do not match.
#28 Posted : Monday, August 31, 2015 8:13:54 AM(UTC)
While I've been watching the car reveals etc. like a hawk, seeing it all in visual form has just turned my excitement level up to 11 or maybe--MAYBE--even 12.

That IMSA/Gr. 4/Gr. 5 category looks especially juicy. Cannot wait. (those Ferraris--WOWZERS)
Thanks a mil to the OP for putting this together.

On a side note: are those two BMW CSLs different, or are the paint jobs fooling me?

Edited by user Monday, August 31, 2015 1:54:02 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#29 Posted : Monday, August 31, 2015 8:35:36 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: smoothroller Go to Quoted Post
On a side note: are those two BMW CSLs different, or are the paint jobs fooling me?

Pretty sure they are the same. Looked like the front bumpers might have been different but I used a pixel ruler and they are both identical.
#30 Posted : Thursday, September 3, 2015 1:58:20 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ll Hop Along ll Go to Quoted Post
I wonder how well the R8 LMS will race against the other GT3s as they've modelled a GTD spec car which is around 5-6 seconds slower, obviously the gap will be smaller as in IRL the awful hoosi... err... Continental tyres aren't a factor but 3 of those seconds is down to aero, power etc. I know in Forza 4 the had 3 different specs of the last gen Viper race car (Competition coupe, GT3, GT2) but they all used the same competition coupe body style, so hopefully they've given the Audi the GT3 stats.

The only differences I know of between GT3 and GTD is that GTD has a different aero package and TCS and ABS systems are disabled. Remove the latter of the two changes with assists and (in real life at least) I believe the gap would be smaller.
 1 user liked this post.
#31 Posted : Thursday, September 3, 2015 2:28:06 PM(UTC)
Thanks to both Confused Shelf and ManteoMax for this information. Great job pulling both the list and graphics together.

PRKid

DJ Saoco
#32 Posted : Thursday, December 3, 2015 5:41:56 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Confused Shelf Go to Quoted Post
I went through the car list and grouped every racecar into their appropriate classes. Thought it might be useful for those thinking of setting up some racing leagues.

http://imgur.com/a/01CXg

Do you think you can update some of these to include DLC?
2 Pages12Prev

Notification

Icon
Error