8 Pages1234>>PrevNext
#26 Posted : Friday, August 28, 2015 6:25:58 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Yakov Alfa Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: voldemortt Go to Quoted Post
Ahh , i stand corrected - was still funny as hell though watching the Aussie guys faces as the Transit took off like a bat outta hell

I love the bit when they go to the back of the van and open the doors, when Jeremy says "Look, it even managed to beat you while carrying an extra engine!" XD

Yeah was a damn funny show .

Looking forward to their new show , Amazon Prime i believe its gonna be on . I cant see the new Top Gear being anywhere near as good as the old one , i mean , it was after all just 3 mates having a laugh while driving cars about in ridiculous scenarios
#27 Posted : Friday, August 28, 2015 6:58:10 AM(UTC)
Update on my Speedway time . I havent uploaded the replay as i still reckon i can go faster . I shaved 3 secs of my previous time . I ran the circuit this morning to see how the McLaren fared - it wasnt great tbh lol . Im gonna need all the time i can get at Speedway by the look of things

McLaren, huh ?? ;]
sig box
#28 Posted : Friday, August 28, 2015 7:39:31 AM(UTC)
Car and Times Update

2003 Porsche Carrera GT - R3 800 - 667 HP

Circuit - 14:02.816 - 1 dirty lap, lap 5

Speedway - 12:07.068 - all clean laps

GT - Wan Ge 1

Bigtime Muscle Member
#29 Posted : Saturday, August 29, 2015 11:08:01 AM(UTC)
I got my car done

Edited by user Saturday, August 29, 2015 11:13:20 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

onelapmagic BIGTIME MUSCLE tuner straights are for fast speeds corners are for fast times race hard race clean have fun
#30 Posted : Saturday, August 29, 2015 11:43:35 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: onelapmagic Go to Quoted Post
I got my car done

Can;t wait to see YOUR choice ;]
sig box
 1 user liked this post.
#31 Posted : Saturday, August 29, 2015 2:03:51 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: KoolIROCZ1967 Go to Quoted Post
Good questions ;]

DRAGGIN - - We would hope for 30 consecutive clean laps but realize that THAT daunting task would be - to say the least - quite difficult and discouraging to most.....sooooo...we would like everyone to run as fairly and cleanly as they possibly can - and the replays WILL BE viewed by the team of judges and any 'blatant' dirty laps will be noted and dealt with accordingly. Scraping the wall a few times or getting your tires just past the rumble strips a few corners is to be expected - Judges have final say on replays. BTW - thanks for the 'Rate' and to be the first participant ;]

voldemortt - ANY car as long as it stays within the HP range AND goes NO HIGHER than R3. Looking forward to seeing what you put together ;] Thanks for joining in ;]

Good questions and glad to clarify ;]

yes 30 consecutive clean laps is a bit much to ask however if you get a corner wrong and dirty a lap that is acceptable however if you are blatently cutting corners to improve your time your time may be disqualified as this would result in an unfair advantage to other competitors we want a fun comp that all are going hard at it good luck to all NOTE: AN EASY WAY TO DETERMINE IF A CAR IS LEGAL IS TO SET UP YOUR LOBBY AND TURN THE CAR TYPE TO PRODUCTION AND NO CONCEPT CARS
onelapmagic BIGTIME MUSCLE tuner straights are for fast speeds corners are for fast times race hard race clean have fun
#32 Posted : Saturday, August 29, 2015 4:36:45 PM(UTC)
Not a car I plan to use but the 2005 Panoz Esperante GTLM runs 12.30 speedway times with me at the wheel ..... didn't try East but just a fyi on one I did try out

The Mantide will pull 36.4 laps eays and it's not really tuned just thrown together and rear aero is all the way up .... I figure with someone else the Mantide should roll sub 12 minutes on speedway if anyone wants to mess with that one and it does fit the build criteria

Edited by user Saturday, August 29, 2015 5:18:36 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

....... But officer, I was going too fast to read the speed limit sign
#33 Posted : Sunday, August 30, 2015 3:46:21 AM(UTC)
Updated times

McLaren MP4 12C 669 HP

HP Circuit 14:06:906 ( 1 Dirty lap ( 8 ) )

HP Speedway 12:06:462

Gonna give the Ferrari's a run next , see how they turn out .

Both replays uploaded onto my SF

I built the mantide up and with aero on front and back and i found the Ferrari 458 had better stats ( speed and handling ) . Not much between them though tbh . The lack of available tyre width upgrades on the Mantide gives the 458 the edge , for me anyways . Hoping to get some laps in the 458 tonight . Wondering if the Ferrari Unicorn Challenge Stradale is a concept or not !!!!! , it might be a decent car to try out .

Edited by user Sunday, August 30, 2015 5:19:15 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#34 Posted : Sunday, August 30, 2015 7:30:08 AM(UTC)
I guess I would try onelap's Lobby filter and see if considered a "production" car - if UNICORNS are production models and fit the criteria - no rules against using Unicorns ;) Worth a shot ;) Good thinkin' Voldemortt ;)
sig box
#35 Posted : Sunday, August 30, 2015 8:51:28 AM(UTC)
Updated times

McLaren MP4 12C 669 HP

HP Circuit 14:06:906 ( 1 Dirty lap ( 8 ) )

HP Speedway 12:06:462

Gonna give the Ferrari's a run next , see how they turn out .

Both replays uploaded onto my SF

I built the mantide up and with aero on front and back and i found the Ferrari 458 had better stats ( speed and handling ) . Not much between them though tbh . The lack of available tyre width upgrades on the Mantide gives the 458 the edge , for me anyways . Hoping to get some laps in the 458 tonight . Wondering if the Ferrari Unicorn Challenge Stradale is a concept or not !!!!! , it might be a decent car to try out .

both the f430 scud and the 360 strat are legal as they were available to buy from ferarri and were both carb and dot certified for public street use the only unicorn I would consider to be illegal would be the bmw m3 gtr as it was not a production car there was only 1 built and that was only to try to get the aco amd imsa to let the race variants run thanks for the question I have not built either car yet so if they fit the hp criteria go for it

Edited by user Sunday, August 30, 2015 8:54:05 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#36 Posted : Sunday, August 30, 2015 10:53:19 AM(UTC)

Yeah I don't doubt the wild horses would be faster ....... I tried to pick some out of the norm cars like that Cayenne with handling in the 5's and trying to run totally clean to challenge myself on a personal level lol Dodge Omni was fun too and faster by quite a bit over the Cayenne .......... I already ran the F50 into the 11 minute club clean with very minimal adjustments .... there are a few other cars that should pick it off tho.

East track is a dif story I am only turning 1.25 laps there so far but I don't expect to be toward the top so I am good ..... I'm just running randomly lol I still like my Snail Utility Vehicle ........ the snail is behind the wheel :)

Edited by user Sunday, August 30, 2015 11:31:15 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#37 Posted : Sunday, August 30, 2015 11:47:12 AM(UTC)
Time Update - I've tweaked the setup on the old Porsche.

2003 Porsche Carrera GT R3 800 - 667hp

Circuit - 14:00.455 - 2 dirty laps, laps 8 & 9

Speedway - 12:03.367 - 1 dirty lap, lap 14

Edited by user Sunday, August 30, 2015 11:50:49 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

GT - Wan Ge 1

Bigtime Muscle Member
#38 Posted : Sunday, August 30, 2015 12:46:28 PM(UTC)
I would have to say my favorite faster car so far is the 2004 Maserati MC12 - wicked fast super consistent speedway laps 34.0's to mid 34's (Traction on Aero up and bad hands at the wheel lol) and East I am sort of limited running 1.24.9 to 1.25.2 laps no matter the car
#39 Posted : Sunday, August 30, 2015 12:58:44 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: DRAGGINSLAYER01 Go to Quoted Post
[quote=voldemortt;342579]

East track is a dif story I am only turning 1.25 laps there so far but I don't expect to be toward the top so I am good ..... I'm just running randomly lol I still like my Snail Utility Vehicle ........ the snail is behind the wheel :)

Yeah ,the East track is proving to be the achilles heel for one of my other cars . I can do 35:0xx on the speedway but getting mid to high 24's on the East track . If i could get mid to high 23's id be a happy bunny
#40 Posted : Sunday, August 30, 2015 1:03:40 PM(UTC)
I would have to say my favorite faster car so far is the 2004 Maserati MC12 - wicked fast super consistent speedway laps 34.0's to mid 34's (Traction on Aero up and bad hands at the wheel lol) and East I am sort of limited running 1.24.9 to 1.25.2 laps no matter the car

34':0's - that IS wicked fast !!!

#41 Posted : Sunday, August 30, 2015 3:12:01 PM(UTC)
[quote=voldemortt;342579]

Yeah ,the East track is proving to be the achilles heel for one of my other cars . I can do 35:0xx on the speedway but getting mid to high 24's on the East track . If i could get mid to high 23's id be a happy bunny

Best I ran so far with McLaren MP4-12C on the speedway 11.54 662 horse R3 799 clean all 20 but losing speed on the turn 3 into 4 with a controller I don't own a wheel

I don't have my official times on online replay a.t.m. but a gear adjustment on the Maserati got me into 1.23 on East so if I were to add it up right now for both it would be 25.55.930 running 20/10 hotlaps using the Mas for both

Edited by user Monday, August 31, 2015 6:31:27 AM(UTC)  | Reason: made error on time

#42 Posted : Monday, August 31, 2015 3:32:52 AM(UTC)
Made a rough build, best lap was a 1:22.970 around the east circuit, was running consistent 1:23.3s. I'm sure if I swapped the car from AWD to RWD I'd gain a lot more time, but the PI system nerfed AWD so much that I almost never get to use it, and I'd like to drive something other than RWD for once.

I'm just happy this car is (barely) legal, I never get to use it for anything!

Bigtime Muscle Member | Now on One!
#43 Posted : Monday, August 31, 2015 5:11:31 AM(UTC)
Sorry but another car and time update.

1987 Ruf CTR Yellowbird - R3 800 - 665hp - Fast, but a bit of a handful, lol

Circuit - 13:56.488 - 3 dirty laps, 1,8 & 10

Speedway - 12:04.736 - 2 dirty laps,7 & 14
GT - Wan Ge 1

Bigtime Muscle Member
#44 Posted : Monday, August 31, 2015 7:52:31 AM(UTC)
WOW, everyone is really moving on this comp. Have improved my lap times on the circuit from 1:34's to 1:27's - a bit more tuning and practice needed just to be in the ballpark. =)

HAPPY RACING

Appreciate the info on cars used and how they fair - personally not real knowledgeable on which cars would be best for this task.

=)

Edited by user Monday, August 31, 2015 8:30:57 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

CostlessCape92 -- BIGTIME muscle Member
#45 Posted : Monday, August 31, 2015 8:47:31 AM(UTC)
I forgot the Sesto can't be painted, so it's impossible to apply the challenge logo and therefore makes the car ineligible. So, I got a new car... I've currently got it running consistent 1:20.8s, with my fastest being a 1:20.697. The best part? It's American. ; )

I wanna make an SR-71 livery for this thing, not sure if I'll get around to it though...

Bigtime Muscle Member | Now on One!
#46 Posted : Monday, August 31, 2015 2:59:05 PM(UTC)

Edited by user Monday, August 31, 2015 4:30:34 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#47 Posted : Monday, August 31, 2015 4:31:34 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: CostlessCape92 Go to Quoted Post
WOW, everyone is really moving on this comp. Have improved my lap times on the circuit from 1:34's to 1:27's - a bit more tuning and practice needed just to be in the ballpark. =)

HAPPY RACING

Appreciate the info on cars used and how they fair - personally not real knowledgeable on which cars would be best for this task.

=)

Nice
#48 Posted : Monday, August 31, 2015 10:34:51 PM(UTC)
can someone explain me what is the NO CONCEPT thing please,is it under a category?
FM4 events at evercoolracing.com

#49 Posted : Tuesday, September 1, 2015 3:33:36 AM(UTC)
I'm in, but I'm a bit blurry on the no concept part... Any change you can make a list.
#50 Posted : Tuesday, September 1, 2015 6:04:35 AM(UTC)
Does your choice meet the given criteria for this premiere challenge = Is anywhere between 630 and 670 Horsepower, does not exceed R3, and is NOT a Noble M600, a McLaren F1 GT, or a Mosler MT 900S? still not sure(?!) -

8 Pages1234>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error