This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
2 Pages12Next
#1 Posted : Monday, August 24, 2015 12:09:03 PM(UTC)
Hi,

I have enough credits to buy the most expensive car in the game (Lamborghini veneno). But I am not sure if that is the best car because for example the ratings (speed, launch etc.) of the bugatti veyron look better. What car should I get? (Best car in the game)
 2 users liked this post.
#2 Posted : Monday, August 24, 2015 4:10:32 PM(UTC)
I swear I've seen this thread pop up numerous times. Did you try searching for something similar before posting?

If by "best car in game" you mean the best leaderboard car you'd first have to pick a class. Then you can go look at the leaderboards for that class and location and see what the top people use.
If you mean for online then it depends (somewhat) on how you build out the car, (somewhat) how you tune it, and (mostly) how well you drive. In any given class, there are a multitude of cars that do well.

Best car in the game - AMC Rebel "The Machine" because it comes with a fun paint job and I've never actually seen someone using it outside of Johniwanna's DLC challenge when it launched.
 1 user liked this post.
#3 Posted : Monday, August 24, 2015 4:35:39 PM(UTC)
If you're looking for the fastest around a track, the Ferrari LaFerrari is definitely what you want to go with. Amazing handling
 1 user liked this post.
#4 Posted : Monday, August 24, 2015 6:25:08 PM(UTC)
If you can only afford one or the other I'd go with the Veneno.
 1 user liked this post.
#5 Posted : Monday, August 24, 2015 6:27:03 PM(UTC)
The Veneno will outperform the Veyron in every category but top speed. The Lambo is far-and-away the better choice, of the two.

"What's the best car?"

That question can't really be answered- it's just not that simple a game.

Edited by user Monday, August 24, 2015 6:30:02 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

"Precision, finesse, and handling will ALWAYS be defeated by shouting, smoking, and POWER."

-Jeremy Clarkson, explaining how an AMG Merc beat a Maserati on TG track.

I ONLY TUNE GUITARS
 1 user liked this post.
#6 Posted : Tuesday, August 25, 2015 12:31:19 AM(UTC)
I own all S2 Cars and races are won with handling. only experts/experienced people who know how to drive it should use a veyron.
my top 3
Veneno
p1
458 speciale
 1 user liked this post.
#7 Posted : Tuesday, August 25, 2015 2:21:09 AM(UTC)
For A-CLASS i use BMW M4 2014 with engine swap and some other stuff applied.
For S1-CLASS i use Toyota Supra FF which has a good handling and power.
For S2-CLASS i use LaFerrari.
 1 user liked this post.
#8 Posted : Tuesday, August 25, 2015 2:35:02 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: SiDicoaTeLoL Go to Quoted Post

Avoid this advice because you wont win anything.
 1 user liked this post.
#9 Posted : Tuesday, August 25, 2015 4:36:29 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: V8 GOLDFISH Go to Quoted Post

Actually i won a lot of races with BMW M4...

Edited by user Tuesday, August 25, 2015 4:37:09 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#10 Posted : Tuesday, August 25, 2015 4:54:01 AM(UTC)
They all depends on upgrades too ^ But for S2 the Veneno, P1 and LaFerrari have good speed and handling. But I dont use them as theyre common and I use my 650S, Aston One 77, Veyron, Enzo etc. Ive won many races in all those cars. They can be great if driven and built well

#11 Posted : Tuesday, August 25, 2015 5:28:25 AM(UTC)
Thanks everyone for all the advice! :)
 2 users liked this post.
#12 Posted : Tuesday, August 25, 2015 9:18:19 AM(UTC)
Best car in the game is the car you can beat other people with...

For me it's the Lamborghini Jalpa or the Camaro IROC-Z.

Pick a car you like, tune it to perfection, and smoke everybody on the course :D
#13 Posted : Tuesday, August 25, 2015 10:48:15 AM(UTC)
Arlright, thanks dude :)
#14 Posted : Wednesday, August 26, 2015 11:06:14 AM(UTC)
I think it is impossible to determine the best car in the game. Some will be faster but are not good for racing, others offer a compromise but you know how compromises are, either the car will too slow, or the car will not be the best to steer.

It is also a matter of what you need. If you are going to do road trips on line (a group of four races where the winner is the one who gets the most xP), you will need to avoid some cars. I don't want to read comments from fanboys saying the Bugatti is the best; it might be fast, but when it comes to a corner... A car is mostly competitive if it can handle well. There are a few exceptions, sure, but, steering is very important. Speed isn't everything.

That said, the best car in the game would be an S2 or X-Class, and my vote goes to the Lamborghini Veneno. Before buying it, I recommend unlocking the perk that gives you a 10% discount on every car, so then you can save about 160,000 credits buying.

However, you have to remember one thing: having a good car isn't the main part. The driver, though, is.
#15 Posted : Wednesday, August 26, 2015 4:10:22 PM(UTC)
Fast&Furious Cuda
#16 Posted : Wednesday, August 26, 2015 4:54:25 PM(UTC)
Depends on class. I typically refuse to race above A class online because 99% of the players don't have the skill to drive the faster cars and the roadtrips become demolition derbies. The thing I hate most about this game is that online always gravitates to S2 and most players can't handle them. I almost always win S2 races but I much prefer A, B, C, D class. The only S2's I like to drive are the Veneno, LaFerrari and Ferrari Speciale 458.. To me that Bugatti is undriveable but it sure is fast. But the best cars in the game are stuff like a Ferrari 250 GTO, Alfa Romeo 33 Stradale, Shelby Daytona etc.. There are a few others that I consider to be "naturally" good while most take a lot of build/tuning decisions to get competitive. And some cars no matter how hard I try just can't seem to compete.

Best however is in the eye of the beholder. I will never understand the allure of S2 though? The lower classes are just much more fun to drive and race. I don't understand why people continually vote to race in cars they can't control?
#17 Posted : Wednesday, August 26, 2015 8:09:27 PM(UTC)

Yeah I would avoid this for the leaderboard or the lobbies - cause honestly the Supra FF is not that great and it comes maxed for S1 without adjustable parts so you're down to little to no tuning and that car needs it bad.

If you determine "best car" by winning races then try the following:

For B Class: Alfa Romeo Guilia TZ2
For A Class: '05 Subaru WRX, Lancia 037, Alfa Stradale
For S1 Class: Shelby Daytona Coupe, R34 Skyline, Lancia 037
For S2 Class: 458 Speciale, Veneno, Camaro Z28, C7 Z06
#18 Posted : Thursday, August 27, 2015 4:57:23 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: PPiDrive Go to Quoted Post

Yeah I would avoid this for the leaderboard or the lobbies - cause honestly the Supra FF is not that great and it comes maxed for S1 without adjustable parts so you're down to little to no tuning and that car needs it bad.

If you determine "best car" by winning races then try the following:

For B Class: Alfa Romeo Guilia TZ2
For A Class: '05 Subaru WRX, Lancia 037, Alfa Stradale
For S1 Class: Shelby Daytona Coupe, R34 Skyline, Lancia 037
For S2 Class: 458 Speciale, Veneno, Camaro Z28, C7 Z06

Perfectly agree with this comment but I'd ad other cars to the shortlist because it also depends of your driving style and circuit
For A Class: '05 Subaru WRX, Lancia 037, Alfa Stradale, => Maserati 300's, Dodge Dart
For S1 Class: Shelby Daytona Coupe, R34 Skyline, Lancia 037, => Ferrari F50, MaseratiMC12
 1 user liked this post.
#19 Posted : Thursday, August 27, 2015 6:13:35 AM(UTC)
These are all the cars I use for Online Road Trips and I have not lost a single one to date. I have tunes published for each car listed below and I highly suggest downloading them if you want to win.

D-Class: Ferrari 250 California
C-Class: Ferrari 250 GT Berlinetta Lusso
B-Class: Ferrari 250 GTO
A-Class: Audi RS 5 Coupé
S1-Class: Lamborghini Huracán
S2-Class: Lamborghini Veneno
#20 Posted : Monday, August 31, 2015 9:08:03 AM(UTC)
Best S2 cars in order are the Veneno, 458s and the Laferrari, nothing beats them on rival times and online. I've had a few sub 10 leader board times with the Laferrari.

It's a real shame the Venom GT is so bad, it should have excellent acceleration stats and launch bit it doesn't, it should gave the best standard top speed, bit doesn't, it should be competitive in rivals and online, but isn't, it's dreadful. The Forza team have really messed up RWD for the game, why do all the top performance RWD cars just wheels pin at the start it's appalling, rarely do you see someone win an online race in a RWD car, you gave to covert it to AWD just to keep in front. As for the Veyron, it's very good in S2 but people just don't know how to corner it!
#21 Posted : Monday, August 31, 2015 10:23:02 AM(UTC)
^ Yea it would have been if you could keep it in S2 and still have it AWD but unfortunately not :(

#22 Posted : Monday, August 31, 2015 12:06:19 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: iXPecTzZ Go to Quoted Post
Best S2 cars in order are the Veneno, 458s and the Laferrari, nothing beats them on rival times and online. I've had a few sub 10 leader board times with the Laferrari.

It's a real shame the Venom GT is so bad, it should have excellent acceleration stats and launch bit it doesn't, it should gave the best standard top speed, bit doesn't, it should be competitive in rivals and online, but isn't, it's dreadful. The Forza team have really messed up RWD for the game, why do all the top performance RWD cars just wheels pin at the start it's appalling, rarely do you see someone win an online race in a RWD car, you gave to covert it to AWD just to keep in front. As for the Veyron, it's very good in S2 but people just don't know how to corner it!

Maybe because the venom is just a bad car? It's a lightweight chassis stuffed with a motor so big it almost doubles the weight of the car and it has to put all that power down only to the rear wheels.

AWD cars in this game are so powerful because they have the advantage and are better at this sort of thing in the real world as well. They are easier to put that power down without spinning the rear wheels. They handle better on the off road surfaces. Cars like the venom are great in a straight line but don't do well off road. You have to have exceptional throttle control, which most casual racers don't have, and without TCS you're still likely to spin the wheels because there is more power and torque going to one axle than it can handle.

The venom had a great acceleration stat and even with a semi-skilled driver can out accelerate most cars but build a car of similar weight and power with AWD and it will accelerate better in FH2 and the real world.

The venom had a great top speed, but it's not the fastest in real life so it's not the fastest in FH2. Sure other cars can go faster maybe but they're also all upgraded a ton, sometimes in ways that would never happen in the real world but the simulation turn 10 puts out is really pretty darn good, so; it is what it is.

The venom shouldn't be competitive in rivals because it's not as great as other cars. As I mentioned earlier, it's way too powerful to be only RWD and combined with the environment it's not a good fit. Other cars weigh in around the same, are able to effectively use all the power they have, and still beat the venom in RWD. Then you make these cars AWD if they aren't stock and the venom doesn't stand a chance.

As for the veyron, it comes from the kings of understeer and you're right, people don't know how to use it well. They could start by dropping the front arbs to 5.00 and giving it a go but most people won't test the extremes because it doesn't seem natural even if it does work.

Edited by user Monday, August 31, 2015 12:08:14 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#23 Posted : Tuesday, September 1, 2015 8:35:59 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: PPiDrive Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: iXPecTzZ Go to Quoted Post

Maybe because the venom is just a bad car? It's a lightweight chassis stuffed with a motor so big it almost doubles the weight of the car and it has to put all that power down only to the rear wheels.

AWD cars in this game are so powerful because they have the advantage and are better at this sort of thing in the real world as well. They are easier to put that power down without spinning the rear wheels. They handle better on the off road surfaces. Cars like the venom are great in a straight line but don't do well off road. You have to have exceptional throttle control, which most casual racers don't have, and without TCS you're still likely to spin the wheels because there is more power and torque going to one axle than it can handle.

The venom had a great acceleration stat and even with a semi-skilled driver can out accelerate most cars but build a car of similar weight and power with AWD and it will accelerate better in FH2 and the real world.

The venom had a great top speed, but it's not the fastest in real life so it's not the fastest in FH2. Sure other cars can go faster maybe but they're also all upgraded a ton, sometimes in ways that would never happen in the real world but the simulation turn 10 puts out is really pretty darn good, so; it is what it is.

The venom shouldn't be competitive in rivals because it's not as great as other cars. As I mentioned earlier, it's way too powerful to be only RWD and combined with the environment it's not a good fit. Other cars weigh in around the same, are able to effectively use all the power they have, and still beat the venom in RWD. Then you make these cars AWD if they aren't stock and the venom doesn't stand a chance.

As for the veyron, it comes from the kings of understeer and you're right, people don't know how to use it well. They could start by dropping the front arbs to 5.00 and giving it a go but most people won't test the extremes because it doesn't seem natural even if it does work.

The Venom GT is actually a very good car , yes the weight of the powerful engine you would think have a negative effect but it doesn't, through the records that it's claimed (world records may I add) it proves that it puts the power down, you try and hard launch a Venom on the Xbox 360 and the Xbox One Forza Horizon 2 and it just spins and spins (The benchmarks fibbing I think saying sub 3 second 0-60 times). Why, also a Venom is priced so low on the game is also below me.

The Venom GT currently holds the world record top speed at 270mph, the Veyron hasn't touched it and the Agera has never even been tested to that limit yet. But! on to rivals, now, you are probably right in saying it wouldn't corner as good as other cars, especially some AWD cars. But why has Turn 10 decided that the mother of all track cars is the Lamborghini Veneno? Being the most expensive car on the planet doesn't mean it handles the best, I would be more inclined to agree with a Zonda or maybe even a LaFerrari. As you will probably know, AWD adds a huge amount of weight to the car when swapping transmission, but have you noticed online in S1 class, the Subaru WRX '05 fan boys always freely coasting to the front of the queue? I do. No one wants to race anything difficult anymore (RWD classic racers).

I think with the Veyron people should refrain from using it unless their analogue stick is functional.

#24 Posted : Tuesday, September 1, 2015 5:46:49 PM(UTC)
No true answer for that question. Cars can constantly be tweaked to give an edge over any competition. Simply installing the parts won't make a car perfect.

Seeing as your asking for S2, I suggest you focus on handling. The best TRACK car I can recommend is the pagani Zonda, my go-to car for Nice road trips.

Allrounder I would suggest the Pagani Hyuyua (can't spell) with a turbo/supercharger. My personal tune tops out at 240 with 0-100 in 6.4 seconds and can still increase speed at a moderately fast pace past 200mph. other suggestions include the Enzo Ferrari and the McLaren P1.

not the "best", but here are my car choice per class that I have the most success in (I'd say 80% top 3 positions online, 35% 1st place)

D - Ford Lotus Cortina/Merc 300sl Gulwing
C - Lambo Jalpa/Aston Martin DB5
B - Toyota MR2/1970 Dodge Challenger RT
A - Toyota Supra/Honda S2000/ 1995 Corvette
S1 - 2015 Camaro Z28/1997 Mazda RX7
S2 - both Pagani's/Enzo Ferrari

Edited by user Tuesday, September 1, 2015 5:56:40 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#25 Posted : Wednesday, September 2, 2015 12:33:42 AM(UTC)
The S2 cars i like to drive the most are the speed tuned Ferrari 458 Speciale and Pagani Zonda Cinque Roadster.
Just put rally tires on the cars and you will be able to run like 800KW or way more than 1000HP at 8.6 handling (Pagani has 8.7 but somehow has aerodynamics that completely mess up is't acceleration).
I run similar upgrades on my Ultima, Noble, Porsche 918, Agera, Bugatti Veryron and many others. They are fun and challenging to drive, but honestly nowhere near to the best cars in S2, which are the 4WD Speciale and the Veneno.(both OP cars)
If you already struggle with the traction of the Venom GT i recommend you to stick to your easy to handle 4WDs and not try my suggestions.
As always: Sorry for my bad english.
2 Pages12Next

Notification

Icon
Error