27 Pages123>>Next
 3 users liked this post.
#1 Posted : Tuesday, August 18, 2015 8:28:59 PM(UTC)
Dear Turn 10,

I have a question regarding Forza Motorsport 6.

My question is; will a demo for Forza Motorsport 6 be arriving before the game's release?

I'm asking because I'd be interested in taking the game for a "test drive" before buying into the Ultimate Edition. I appreciated the demo for Forza Horizon 2, as it gave me a bit of a taste for the epicness to come, and I'd greatly appreciate a demo for Forza Motorsport 6.

Thank you all very much for reading, have a good day, and race on!

Edited by user Tuesday, August 18, 2015 8:30:04 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

"Racing amuses me." - Enzo Ferrari
 1 user liked this post.
#2 Posted : Tuesday, August 18, 2015 8:38:10 PM(UTC)
We have not yet heard anything but I agree, a demo would be nice.

I'm considering the Ultimate Edition but want to be a bit more sure what I'm getting into. Considering my experience with FM5 and PCars it would be nice to have a preview. I typically don't consider digital either but you can't get everything for the same price with this digital bundle. Also, Forza has been having insane sync issues with Xbox One and I regularly play on two consoles - syncing would be much easier with a digital copy but at the same time it seems all the digital copy owners are the ones having the sync issues.....

Here's to seeing a demo in September.
#3 Posted : Tuesday, August 18, 2015 10:34:18 PM(UTC)
Just thinking out loud,

i'm guessing IF they release a demo, it would be when early access starts, meaning september 10th?
#4 Posted : Tuesday, August 18, 2015 11:26:01 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: OrenIshii BE Go to Quoted Post
Just thinking out loud,

i'm guessing IF they release a demo, it would be when early access starts, meaning september 10th?

That would make a lot of sense. Gets everyone playing on the same day =)
#5 Posted : Wednesday, August 19, 2015 12:26:32 AM(UTC)
Agree a demo would be nice. The Horizon 2 demo got me soo hooked on the game I bought it right away :) So it would be nice to try the Forza motorsport 6 before I buy it.
#6 Posted : Wednesday, August 19, 2015 12:43:06 AM(UTC)
I agree a demo is needed paying 82 pound to find if the game is good or not isn't fun. Example. I got Forza 5 limited edition since i had played and loved all previous Forzas. Forza 5 was binned after a week and i went back to forza 4. What a waste of money 5 was. Played Forza 4 until horizon 2 came out and have played that religiously since release.
 2 users liked this post.
#7 Posted : Wednesday, August 19, 2015 1:11:53 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: PPiDrive Go to Quoted Post

I'm considering the Ultimate Edition but want to be a bit more sure what I'm getting into. Considering my experience with FM5 and PCars it would be nice to have a preview. I typically don't consider digital either but you can't get everything for the same price with this digital bundle. Also, Forza has been having insane sync issues with Xbox One and I regularly play on two consoles - syncing would be much easier with a digital copy but at the same time it seems all the digital copy owners are the ones having the sync issues.....

Just curious why you think syncing would be easier with a digital game? Once installed, the syncing process is the same for digital and physical versions of the game.
#8 Posted : Wednesday, August 19, 2015 6:41:45 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: WildcatKNH Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: PPiDrive Go to Quoted Post

Just curious why you think syncing would be easier with a digital game? Once installed, the syncing process is the same for digital and physical versions of the game.

Yes, but physical copies require the disc physically be in the console.

As I said, I regularly play on two consoles located about 115 miles apart. With a disc copy of the game, I require the physical disc be inserted in the console to sync game data. That means that if I have the disc with me, I must wait until I arrive at my second console to insert the disc and start the sync process which can take a couple of hours when your paints, tunes, and garage are quite full. If I had a digital copy of the game, I can ask someone at my other location to log in as me, load up the game, and allow it to sync over night or while they are not using the TV and when I arrive the sync will be complete. In fact, using a VPN and the Xbox Smartglass App, I could do it all from my mobile phone.

#9 Posted : Wednesday, August 19, 2015 6:44:16 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: V8 GOLDFISH Go to Quoted Post
I agree a demo is needed paying 82 pound to find if the game is good or not isn't fun. Example. I got Forza 5 limited edition since i had played and loved all previous Forzas. Forza 5 was binned after a week and i went back to forza 4. What a waste of money 5 was. Played Forza 4 until horizon 2 came out and have played that religiously since release.

A demo isn't needed. Forza 6 is mostly just Forza 5 with more content and 24 player racing + Leagues.
#10 Posted : Wednesday, August 19, 2015 6:46:01 AM(UTC)
Pretty much all previous Forza demos have come a month before the game's release so if there was a demo, it'd likely be out sometime very soon. However, I'm now presuming there will be no demo.

Twitter: @RyHirons
#11 Posted : Wednesday, August 19, 2015 6:52:50 AM(UTC)
Saw this on Dan Greenawalt's twitter a week-or-so ago

"No announcement about demo yet. But, if you order that ultimate copy, you'll get the whole game before release!"

Not sure what that adds to the party…
#12 Posted : Wednesday, August 19, 2015 7:14:05 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: D3fend Go to Quoted Post
Saw this on Dan Greenawalt's twitter a week-or-so ago

"No announcement about demo yet. But, if you order that ultimate copy, you'll get the whole game before release!"

Not sure what that adds to the party…

But im not spending £82 on the Ultimate edition until theres a demo so looks like ill just get the standard edition and take it from there.
 2 users liked this post.
#13 Posted : Wednesday, August 19, 2015 7:14:55 AM(UTC)
5 days before release day is ok... month would've been better :P
#14 Posted : Wednesday, August 19, 2015 7:40:20 AM(UTC)
I, personally, just hope they release one before the Ultimate Edition drops.

I really want to buy the Ultimate Edition, but I'm scared of spending $100 that I'd normally spend on pizza, and ramen noodles - because I'm a Uni student, and therefore; broke.
#15 Posted : Wednesday, August 19, 2015 7:42:40 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Zeem Frostmaw Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: OrenIshii BE Go to Quoted Post
Just thinking out loud,

That would make a lot of sense. Gets everyone playing on the same day =)

Hopefully... that's not the case. I'd like to spring for the Ultimate edition, but know what I'm buying into first.
 8 users liked this post.
#16 Posted : Wednesday, August 19, 2015 7:47:02 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Servant of Hell Go to Quoted Post
A demo isn't needed. Forza 6 is mostly just Forza 5 with more content and 24 player racing + Leagues.

A demo isn't needed for people who played Forza 5.

What about for all those (millions) of people who didn't play FM5, or have never played any FM game?
Mod edit - WSD - max 1 line of text with sig --- Please don't use your sig to attack other forum members - Duey
#17 Posted : Wednesday, August 19, 2015 9:15:40 AM(UTC)
Agree. No demo. No buy for me.

This is looking to be the first Forza I do not purchase. Just rent to play then send back.

Anymore I only purchase games with fun or good multiplayer. Sadly Forza online is just a joke. I have yet to see Turn 10 punish the people that ram race 24/7.

Even something as simple as implementing leagues into Forza 6 would pushed me to purchase. When I say leagues I mean REAL Leagues like that is on Madden or such where you get group friends together and have a League you compete in. There is just no excuse why this feature has not made it to Forza. It should been in by Forza 4 to be honest. Been a blast to have a League with friends that could place and such.

Just not seeing Forza 6 being that much of an improvement over Forza 5 in single player experience to warrant a purchase. But that's just me.
 4 users liked this post.
#18 Posted : Wednesday, August 19, 2015 9:29:22 AM(UTC)
Yeh, yeh.

1 user liked this post.
#19 Posted : Wednesday, August 19, 2015 9:48:49 AM(UTC)
Quote:
Agree. No demo. No buy for me.

I'd still buy the game. A demo would just help me answer the question of; Ultimate Edition or not.

Quote:
This is looking to be the first Forza I do not purchase. Just rent to play then send back.

It may not be the best Forza, in your opinion, but it'll still be an extremely good game - probably one of the best on any console, at the moment.

Quote:
Anymore I only purchase games with fun or good multiplayer. Sadly Forza online is just a joke. I have yet to see Turn 10 punish the people that ram race 24/7.

That's not really their job. That'd be like asking an artist to police his artwork from people who'd wish to do harm to it. It'd be the museum's job - or, in this case, Xbox Live.

Xbox Live offers "block" and "report" tabs on everyone's profile. Reporting for unsporting behavior will sink them down into "dirty" or "cheater" lobbies, and blocking them will ensure you'll never see them again. If you use the tools enough, you will find that the quality of the races will skyrocket. I've reported and blocked hundreds of dirty players, and as a result; I've had mostly clean races for almost a year. It does pay off, even though it's tedious and annoying.

Quote:
Even something as simple as implementing leagues into Forza 6 would pushed me to purchase. When I say leagues I mean REAL Leagues like that is on Madden or such where you get group friends together and have a League you compete in. There is just no excuse why this feature has not made it to Forza. It should been in by Forza 4 to be honest. Been a blast to have a League with friends that could place and such.

Turn 10 have added leagues in FM6. From what I've read on them, they're very, very similar to the league system in Madden. It should make the racing much better - and I can't wait. I'll finally race people that are at my skill level, without worrying about DNFing half the field (because that always results in lots of hate messages, and a kick).

Quote:
Just not seeing Forza 6 being that much of an improvement over Forza 5 in single player experience to warrant a purchase. But that's just me.

On the face of things; maybe not. But, that's how things should be. Like with all past Forza titles, 90% of the work has been going on "under the hood" - pun intended. There's no possible way that Forza 6 can be worse than Forza 5... there's just no way. The new features like night racing, and weather alone will make the game astronomically better, and that doesn't include the league system, and the new anti-cheat corner-cutting system.

So yeah. I think it'll be phenomenal. Give it a chance - and hope that a Demo is on the way.

Cheerio!

Edited by user Wednesday, August 19, 2015 9:57:45 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Fixing Bits :D

#20 Posted : Wednesday, August 19, 2015 10:03:55 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: RuCarNutz Go to Quoted Post

Xbox Live offers "block" and "report" tabs on everyone's profile. Reporting for unsporting behavior will sink them down into "dirty" or "cheater" lobbies, and blocking them will ensure you'll never see them again. If you use the tools enough, you will find that the quality of the races will skyrocket. I've reported and blocked hundreds of dirty players, and as a result; I've had mostly clean races for almost a year. It does pay off, even though it's tedious and annoying.

Blocking someone only prevents you and said GT from being able to sends messages to each other. It in no way prevents you from being matched up with each other in the future.
"Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion, man." The Dude
#21 Posted : Wednesday, August 19, 2015 10:12:25 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: DAT trashman Go to Quoted Post

Blocking someone only prevents you and said GT from being able to sends messages to each other. It in no way prevents you from being matched up with each other in the future.

Just checked - and I'm wrong! I do know that if enough people report the offensive player; that player will get dropped down into the "dirty" lobbies for unsporting players, and I believe that reporting the player for being unsporting will make it unlikely (if not impossible) for him to get paired with you in a game again.

Edited by user Wednesday, August 19, 2015 10:17:52 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#22 Posted : Wednesday, August 19, 2015 10:21:00 AM(UTC)

Then it might be reporting for unsporting behavior. I know it's one of the two.

No I've talked to the xbox live people many times and there is currently no way to make sure you don't run into someone you don't want to. I've run into many people in FM5 that had a red rep while everyone else in the lobby had a green rep. My buddy and I have even been matched up in 2v2 airmech games where both of us had them block/reported and both of them had us blocked and reported but we could only get matched up with them, even though there was 20+ people playing 2v2's.

Edited by user Wednesday, August 19, 2015 10:23:02 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#23 Posted : Wednesday, August 19, 2015 10:22:29 AM(UTC)

No I've talked to the xbox live people many times and there is currently no way to make sure you don't run into someone you don't want to. I've run into many people in FM5 that had a red rep while everyone else in the lobby had a green rep. My buddy and I have even been matched up in 2v2 airmech games where both of us had them block/reported and both of them had us blocked and reported but we could only get matched up with them, even though there was 20+ people playing 2v2's.

Don't believe me? Contact MS and find out for yourself.

Then I'm wrong. Xbox needs to fix this...
#24 Posted : Wednesday, August 19, 2015 10:32:23 AM(UTC)

Don't believe me? Contact MS and find out for yourself.

Then I'm wrong. Xbox needs to fix this...

Agreed the MS people I've talked to about it say that if they get enough people to complain about it then it will prob get changed to a real block like it should be, so feel free to let them know you all would like it that way and not the way it is now.
#25 Posted : Wednesday, August 19, 2015 10:34:51 AM(UTC)

That is completely backwards to everything I have been told. Also every bit of info I have been able to read about the rep system says the opposite. Backwards to the countless people with red reps I have seen complaining on Xbox.com forums. One thing they all say is how can they get the reps back up if they are only matched with other red players. XBLPET have even stated how to get the reps back and how they are matched.

Edited by user Wednesday, August 19, 2015 10:40:50 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

27 Pages123>>Next

Notification

Icon
Error