10 Pages<<23456>>PrevNext
Rank: D-Class Racing License
#76 Posted : Tuesday, August 18, 2015 12:33:16 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Don Ente Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Wo1f 08 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: RuCarNutz Go to Quoted Post
They're semi-optional. You can choose to not use them - but, from what I've heard, you can't deactivate the Drivatars from using them in Career races.


I thought they were only available for the player, why have the AI have access to them? That doesn't make any sense and would seriously turn it into an arcade game I hand on heart hope your wrong.

Yes --- Where in the world did anybody get the idea that *Drivatars* would be using Mods????
.


Hey Don,

I read somewhere on the forums that Drivatars would be using mods in eligible races. If that's the case (and I seriously hope it isn't), well... there goes that balance I was talking about in my other post.

We won't know though until launch day. T10 is very secretive about these things...

Edited by user Tuesday, August 18, 2015 12:34:50 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

"Racing amuses me." - Enzo Ferrari
Rank: A-Class Racing License
#77 Posted : Tuesday, August 18, 2015 12:35:58 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: RuCarNutz Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Don Ente Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Wo1f 08 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: RuCarNutz Go to Quoted Post
They're semi-optional. You can choose to not use them - but, from what I've heard, you can't deactivate the Drivatars from using them in Career races.


I thought they were only available for the player, why have the AI have access to them? That doesn't make any sense and would seriously turn it into an arcade game I hand on heart hope your wrong.

Yes --- Where in the world did anybody get the idea that *Drivatars* would be using Mods????
.


Hey Don,

I read somewhere on the forums that Drivatars would be using mods in eligible races. If that's the case (and I seriously hope it isn't), well... there goes that balance I was talking about in my other post.

We won't know though until launch day. T10 is very secretive about these things...

Can you post a link to where you have read this please.
I've always been a VIP, guess I always will be.
Rank: Racing Permit
 2 users liked this post.
#78 Posted : Tuesday, August 18, 2015 12:36:32 PM(UTC)
Anyone who seriously thinks we're getting mods in place of a new track or whatever doesn't really understand game development. From the examples of mods given, programming this probably took up a very minuscule portion of the programmer man hours they put into development, and basically none of the 3d artist man hours that would be used in making tracks. I'm not exactly thrilled about this feature myself, but I don't think anyone on the outside can provide a valid answer for what they should've done in place of it other than simply nothing.

And I also don't t really get the drivatar complaints, it's not like there's an effective way for us to quantify their behavior in organic situations to begin with so even after we get our hands on the game any impact mods may or may not have on them is going to end up being complete speculation, and everyone's experience is going to vary. Edit: Also I highly doubt drivatars will use mods because the only ones that would even remotely work for them would be the car performance ones (and even if they used them would that even be a big deal outside of spec races?).

Edited by user Tuesday, August 18, 2015 12:39:34 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: A-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#79 Posted : Tuesday, August 18, 2015 12:42:14 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Poison Muffin Go to Quoted Post
Anyone who seriously thinks we're getting mods in place of a new track or whatever doesn't really understand game development. From the examples of mods given, programming this probably took up a very minuscule portion of the programmer man hours they put into development, and basically none of the 3d artist man hours that would be used in making tracks. I'm not exactly thrilled about this feature myself, but I don't think anyone on the outside can provide a valid answer for what they should've done in place of it other than simply nothing.

And I also don't t really get the drivatar complaints, it's not like there's an effective way for us to quantify their behavior in organic situations to begin with so even after we get our hands on the game any impact mods may or may not have on them is going to end up being complete speculation, and everyone's experience is going to vary.


Having a drivertar that can ghost right through you to take the corner isn't cool, neither is a drivertar having the ability to stick like glue on the final bend to take the win, if drivertars use totally unrealistic physics during race events it will destroy the game for many fans, although I really don't think there is much truth in this.

Edited by user Tuesday, August 18, 2015 12:43:38 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

I've always been a VIP, guess I always will be.
Rank: D-Class Racing License
#80 Posted : Tuesday, August 18, 2015 12:44:06 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Wo1f 08 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: RuCarNutz Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Don Ente Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Wo1f 08 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: RuCarNutz Go to Quoted Post
They're semi-optional. You can choose to not use them - but, from what I've heard, you can't deactivate the Drivatars from using them in Career races.


I thought they were only available for the player, why have the AI have access to them? That doesn't make any sense and would seriously turn it into an arcade game I hand on heart hope your wrong.

Yes --- Where in the world did anybody get the idea that *Drivatars* would be using Mods????
.


Hey Don,

I read somewhere on the forums that Drivatars would be using mods in eligible races. If that's the case (and I seriously hope it isn't), well... there goes that balance I was talking about in my other post.

We won't know though until launch day. T10 is very secretive about these things...

Can you post a link to where you have read this please.


Whoopsiedoo. I misread what I thought I read.

No. Drivatars will not be using mods.

Sometimes my speed-reading accuracy leaves much to be desired...

Sorry about that. ^_^;

Edited by user Tuesday, August 18, 2015 12:45:12 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

"Racing amuses me." - Enzo Ferrari
Rank: S-Class Racing License
#81 Posted : Tuesday, August 18, 2015 12:48:39 PM(UTC)
So from this point on can we come to an agreement that drivatars aren't using mods and Turn 10 won't have magically made your wishlist come true if they didn't put this feature into the game?

Thank you. :D
Rank: S-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#82 Posted : Tuesday, August 18, 2015 12:57:05 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: RuCarNutz Go to Quoted Post
This news functions as a glimpse into Forza's future - and I'm not really liking what I'm seeing.




I think that's what's getting me riled up, too; while I don't see us picking up floating power ups to blast our opponents to smithereens anytime soon, this "appealing to a greater populace" thing is really starting to wear thin. I get it, I suppose (although, given time, I could probably refute that argument, starting with the existence of the bro-rific Horizon series), but I'm realizing now that the features we are seeing go in the complete opposite direction from the features I hoped to see, like qualifying and championship points.

Hopefully tomorrow's vehicle reveal is a biggie (they need to make up for the lukewarm ham sandwich that was last week's), so I can put this souring news away for the time being.

Edited by user Tuesday, August 18, 2015 1:09:58 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: R-Class Racing License
 4 users liked this post.
#83 Posted : Tuesday, August 18, 2015 1:03:31 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Zeem Frostmaw Go to Quoted Post
So from this point on can we come to an agreement that drivatars aren't using mods and Turn 10 won't have magically made your wishlist come true if they didn't put this feature into the game?

Thank you. :D

Well, we've only seen a few of the Mods described, but I know I read somewhere that the Drivatars *will* be using these following Mods:

Back of the Pack - the Drivatars all start in 24th place; you win an extra 30% if the Drivatars all beat you
Manufacturer Mastery - the Drivatars receive a 100% Affinity Level XP increase
Severe Power Decrease - the Drivatar lose 8% power; you win 20% extra if the Drivatar beats you anyway
Up to the Challenge - you win an extra 20% if the Drivatar finishes 1st using the Suggested Line Off, Cockpit Camera

.
Mod edit - WSD - max 1 line of text with sig --- Please don't use your sig to attack other forum members - Duey
Rank: A-Class Racing License
 5 users liked this post.
#84 Posted : Tuesday, August 18, 2015 1:12:45 PM(UTC)
I don't wish to inflame opinion but I do find it a little irksome when people get riled over an OPTIONAL feature.

The last few Forzas have had Track Days, overtake challenges, bowling for goodness sake! How is this any different.

Personally my priority is realistic racing and I will complete each career event without these mods initially.... But you can bet your boots I'll have some fun with them in events I've already achieved gold in. :)

Love the idea - thanks Turn 10

I really hope there is a mod which increases race length. That would be my first and foremost desireable mod.
Rank: Racing Permit
 1 user liked this post.
#85 Posted : Tuesday, August 18, 2015 1:17:02 PM(UTC)
I also think it's worth noting that if we're going off the premise that mods are there to attract casual players, about 1/3 of the mods (assuming the 3 types are about equally available) exist to give additional incentive for getting better and learning to play without assists. I personally think mods would result in more existing casual players becoming more "hardcore" (albeit most of them only slightly so) than new casual players picking up the game, and I wouldn't be surprised if Turn 10 has the same reasoning.
Rank: C-Class Racing License
#86 Posted : Tuesday, August 18, 2015 1:24:05 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Don Ente Go to Quoted Post

Well, we've only seen a few of the Mods described, but I know I read somewhere that the Drivatars *will* be using these following Mods:

Back of the Pack - the Drivatars all start in 24th place; you win an extra 30% if the Drivatars all beat you
Manufacturer Mastery - the Drivatars receive a 100% Affinity Level XP increase
Severe Power Decrease - the Drivatar lose 8% power; you win 20% extra if the Drivatar beats you anyway
Up to the Challenge - you win an extra 20% if the Drivatar finishes 1st using the Suggested Line Off, Cockpit Camera

.


These don't make sense. Drivatar loses 8% power, and you win 20% extra if the Drivatar beats you. So all you have to do is not race. And since when do drivatars gain XP? I think these were Google-translated. The actual text of Severe Power Decrease is "Severe Power Decrease – Power decreased by 8%. Hit the objective to earn +20% credits".

Edited by user Tuesday, August 18, 2015 1:24:48 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: S-Class Racing License
#87 Posted : Tuesday, August 18, 2015 1:25:33 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Poison Muffin Go to Quoted Post
I also think it's worth noting that if we're going off the premise that mods are there to attract casual players, about 1/3 of the mods (assuming the 3 types are about equally available) exist to give additional incentive for getting better and learning to play without assists. I personally think mods would result in more existing casual players becoming more "hardcore" (albeit most of them only slightly so) than new casual players picking up the game, and I wouldn't be surprised if Turn 10 has the same reasoning.


Bingo. More than anything else this is just an extended difficulty menu which encourages less skilled players to reach further out of their comfort zone, and offers some boosts to help them do so.
Rank: C-Class Racing License
 3 users liked this post.
User is suspended until 6/19/2289 4:40:54 PM(UTC)
#88 Posted : Tuesday, August 18, 2015 1:26:51 PM(UTC)
Removed images from article



Rank: A-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#89 Posted : Tuesday, August 18, 2015 1:52:59 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: EMW Radicus Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Don Ente Go to Quoted Post

Well, we've only seen a few of the Mods described, but I know I read somewhere that the Drivatars *will* be using these following Mods:

Back of the Pack - the Drivatars all start in 24th place; you win an extra 30% if the Drivatars all beat you
Manufacturer Mastery - the Drivatars receive a 100% Affinity Level XP increase
Severe Power Decrease - the Drivatar lose 8% power; you win 20% extra if the Drivatar beats you anyway
Up to the Challenge - you win an extra 20% if the Drivatar finishes 1st using the Suggested Line Off, Cockpit Camera

.


These don't make sense. Drivatar loses 8% power, and you win 20% extra if the Drivatar beats you. So all you have to do is not race. And since when do drivatars gain XP? I think these were Google-translated. The actual text of Severe Power Decrease is "Severe Power Decrease – Power decreased by 8%. Hit the objective to earn +20% credits".


It's known as humour, he jests
I've always been a VIP, guess I always will be.
Rank: S-Class Racing License
#90 Posted : Tuesday, August 18, 2015 1:56:24 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Wo1f 08 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: EMW Radicus Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Don Ente Go to Quoted Post

Well, we've only seen a few of the Mods described, but I know I read somewhere that the Drivatars *will* be using these following Mods:

Back of the Pack - the Drivatars all start in 24th place; you win an extra 30% if the Drivatars all beat you
Manufacturer Mastery - the Drivatars receive a 100% Affinity Level XP increase
Severe Power Decrease - the Drivatar lose 8% power; you win 20% extra if the Drivatar beats you anyway
Up to the Challenge - you win an extra 20% if the Drivatar finishes 1st using the Suggested Line Off, Cockpit Camera

.


These don't make sense. Drivatar loses 8% power, and you win 20% extra if the Drivatar beats you. So all you have to do is not race. And since when do drivatars gain XP? I think these were Google-translated. The actual text of Severe Power Decrease is "Severe Power Decrease – Power decreased by 8%. Hit the objective to earn +20% credits".


It's known as humour, he jests


I hope so, but after seeing this ridic reveal today, it seems anything is possible.

Edited by user Tuesday, August 18, 2015 1:57:23 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: B-Class Racing License
#91 Posted : Tuesday, August 18, 2015 2:01:20 PM(UTC)
Is there a maximum amount of spins you can bank?
Rank: S-Class Racing License
#92 Posted : Tuesday, August 18, 2015 2:05:46 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Shaggy SoCal Go to Quoted Post
Is there a maximum amount of spins you can bank?


What do you mean by "bank"?

Rank: Moderator
 7 users liked this post.
#93 Posted : Tuesday, August 18, 2015 2:06:26 PM(UTC)
Rank: A-Class Racing License
#94 Posted : Tuesday, August 18, 2015 2:10:41 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Verteru Go to Quoted Post
Removed images from article





First useful post in this thread ^^

Edited by user Tuesday, August 18, 2015 2:11:47 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Fanatec PWTS + CSS Pedals v3i + CSS Shifter SQ v1.0 + Playseat Revolution GT @ XB1X via DriveHub ... use your 'old' wheel on XB1 & PS4

How to get locked cars in FM7 *full list*


Rank: A-Class Racing License
#95 Posted : Tuesday, August 18, 2015 2:19:19 PM(UTC)
I mean... who asked for this?
Boost? Ghost cars? Prize Spins?
What is this? A casino? I though they were for a more oriented simulation, specially when we have FH as the arcade side of the franchise.

This is not even a great, innovative feature. Looks like a fill up.
Rank: A-Class Racing License
#96 Posted : Tuesday, August 18, 2015 2:19:31 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Shaggy SoCal Go to Quoted Post
Is there a maximum amount of spins you can bank?


No. There is no limit.


news wrote:
As in Forza Horizon 2, you can choose to spin immediately after you level up, or you can bank your spins and perform several of prize spins in a row.


http://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/fm6_mods
Fanatec PWTS + CSS Pedals v3i + CSS Shifter SQ v1.0 + Playseat Revolution GT @ XB1X via DriveHub ... use your 'old' wheel on XB1 & PS4

How to get locked cars in FM7 *full list*


Rank: Moderator
 5 users liked this post.
#97 Posted : Tuesday, August 18, 2015 2:21:09 PM(UTC)
I have no idea whether or not I'll ever make use of any of these mods but wanted to go on record as being very pro-mods.

✔ Verified Moderator


Rank: S-Class Racing License
#98 Posted : Tuesday, August 18, 2015 2:25:42 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ManteoMax Go to Quoted Post


Give DG credit. He's providing a lot of answers via Twitter. This particular one makes me very, very happy.

Thanks, Manteo.
Rank: Racing Permit
#99 Posted : Tuesday, August 18, 2015 2:52:54 PM(UTC)
As others have said, thank god these arent for use online.
Rank: S-Class Racing License
#100 Posted : Tuesday, August 18, 2015 2:58:55 PM(UTC)
I will just have to wait and see this all for myself. I have read all of the comments and the counter comments. Either way we all have to wait.

AKA: SP01LED JAM1E.
Twitter = @PTG_Jamie
10 Pages<<23456>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error