10 Pages12345>>PrevNext
 1 user liked this post.
#51 Posted : Tuesday, August 18, 2015 9:33:53 AM(UTC)
cvg no offense taken and you would be correct. i would love forza to get back to its roots, to what made the game great. to me fm1 is still the best fm. and it was more than just auction house, lobbies and expensive cars. you used to have to earn even the right to buy cars with credits. if you seen certian cars you knew the driver had to earn them with skill. assists? the assists were turotials that taught you how to properly drive race for yourself. the average player in fm1 was far better than today. there were zero kiddies who just hold the gas to the floor in r class, you didn't have to worry about them. damage was always on and came out of your winnings/level. there was no bashing your way thru. you have to race, really race. if you didn't your bumper car tactics were never going to get you on the track with the racers. yes i want that back. i want the sim back in the sim otherwise its not a sim, its an arcade racer. you are 100% correct thats what i want. if you are just now starting to think that i'm sorry for not being clearer from the begining. i have no problem with horizon, its the kiddie game i can skip where all the arcade players can go and leave pure forza for us purists. and if you look at the sales decline in the forza series you will see that most feel that way. we've felt that way since fm3. the sales should tell you that louder than anyone else.

putting in more of what made people stop buying forza is not going to increase sales, putting in more of what the game was when it sold 3X more will. fm2 out sold fm5 and fh2 combined. and fm2 cost less to make than either of them. microsoft is spending twice as much to sell half as much. better to spend half as much to make twice as much. people who dont buy the game are not going to buy the dlc for what they dont own. dlc is not going to be able to replace the money just releasing a quality game will much longer. the reason dan has to do so much price gouging dlc is because he "fixed" a game that wasn't broken until it is. if fm6 sells less than 2 million copies expect dan to join j allard who almost ruined xbox with "fixes" in the same manner. j allard now has a service to help find stolen bicycles in seattle. i guess he couldn't even get asking if i want fries with that right.
#52 Posted : Tuesday, August 18, 2015 9:41:12 AM(UTC)
The dare mods interest me, should be a fun way to spice up some career races and make a few extra bucks. The others I'll be steering clear of, as I think giving your car artificial power boosts and ghosting and the like just doesn't make sense. Glad they've been contained to single player and will not count for leaderboard times though.

These aren't going to ruin Forza 6 for me though. The car list and track list are the best and most diverse the series has ever had in my opinion, and I'm still very much looking forward to getting behind the wheel on September 10th.
#53 Posted : Tuesday, August 18, 2015 10:00:17 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: HeliosT10 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: RPM Swerve Go to Quoted Post
Thanks for considering how mods may effect leaderboards.

Not sure if I really want to use mods though. I already run no assists and have no interest in artificially boosting my car's ability.

Well maybe a mod that gives you bonuses for running with no assists might be of interest to you, the game has those.

I don't think it's mentioned in the article, but you can also sell mods you aren't using for extra credits.

Oh it does interest me. The problem is that on longer career races I like to hotlap for leaderboards. So I'll default to leaderboards over mods assuming there are longer career races.

I really like that mods won't effect the leaderboard too. It's just I'm stuck in the middle on choosing how to play single player. Do I gamble on being able to get clear of the pack and set a nice lap or do I kick back and take in the mod challenges that increase difficulty?

It's not a bad problem though! Didn't feel like a detailed response was needed to explain myself but in hindsight maybe I came off harsh. My bad. I'm definitely not in the mod hater crowd.

Very cool you can sell mods. Didn't expect that.
#54 Posted : Tuesday, August 18, 2015 10:17:06 AM(UTC)
I think this stuff is a great idea. Yes, it is more arcade style, but as long as they don't do anything crazy like start making these new features integral with the multiplayer or leaderboards down the road, I see no problem. I think it will be fun for the casual fans and reward the enthusiasts as well since we race with many of the "Dare Mods" already. I didn't play the career mode at all in FM5, so if they want to take this portion of the game and make it more friendly for your typical gamer, great. There are already so many other different features of the game that people enjoy, like competitive racing, tuning, painting, drifting, etc. that do not necessarily cross over to one another. Why not have a fun/arcade mode. Maybe it generates more revenue and gets reinvested into development.
 1 user liked this post.
#55 Posted : Tuesday, August 18, 2015 10:21:58 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: rdo3 Go to Quoted Post
cvg no offense taken and you would be correct. i would love forza to get back to its roots, to what made the game great. to me fm1 is still the best fm. and it was more than just auction house, lobbies and expensive cars. you used to have to earn even the right to buy cars with credits. if you seen certian cars you knew the driver had to earn them with skill. assists? the assists were turotials that taught you how to properly drive race for yourself. the average player in fm1 was far better than today. there were zero kiddies who just hold the gas to the floor in r class, you didn't have to worry about them. damage was always on and came out of your winnings/level. there was no bashing your way thru. you have to race, really race. if you didn't your bumper car tactics were never going to get you on the track with the racers. yes i want that back. i want the sim back in the sim otherwise its not a sim, its an arcade racer. you are 100% correct thats what i want. if you are just now starting to think that i'm sorry for not being clearer from the begining. i have no problem with horizon, its the kiddie game i can skip where all the arcade players can go and leave pure forza for us purists. and if you look at the sales decline in the forza series you will see that most feel that way. we've felt that way since fm3. the sales should tell you that louder than anyone else.

putting in more of what made people stop buying forza is not going to increase sales, putting in more of what the game was when it sold 3X more will. fm2 out sold fm5 and fh2 combined. and fm2 cost less to make than either of them. microsoft is spending twice as much to sell half as much. better to spend half as much to make twice as much. people who dont buy the game are not going to buy the dlc for what they dont own. dlc is not going to be able to replace the money just releasing a quality game will much longer. the reason dan has to do so much price gouging dlc is because he "fixed" a game that wasn't broken until it is. if fm6 sells less than 2 million copies expect dan to join j allard who almost ruined xbox with "fixes" in the same manner. j allard now has a service to help find stolen bicycles in seattle. i guess he couldn't even get asking if i want fries with that right.

What does that have to do with Mods? They aren't forcing you to use them. Don't like assists don't use them either. In fact none of this with add on help or what have you is forced from what i've seen.

If you want the forza of old play 1 and 2. No, i'm not a old school forza player so I can't say I understand that time nor the worry over these features trying to ruin the purity of motorsport. I started with horizon, LOVED it then got into Motorsport, LOVED it. That also doesn't mean I crash for fun like a kiddie or play bumper cars and scream in your ear. I'm 32 and enjoy both sides of forza pretty much evenly.

There's nothing here that screams this is not a sim, but a arcade racer to me. But your also not gonna get the forza of old either. But that goes with every game that lasts for more than a decade, things change, times change, people change.

I understand what you're saying and respect it.

#56 Posted : Tuesday, August 18, 2015 10:37:52 AM(UTC)
As others have mentioned, this seems pretty similar to the cards in Titanfall, and I had it set to use those randomly because I honestly didn't care what bonus I got. I'll admit it kept the game fresh, but at what cost? I'm sure the time and assets involved for making this system could have been better spent. But who knows, maybe I'll end up loving it?

I play Manual w/o Clutch and Normal Steering assists and I still get creamed by crappy AI and Drivatars, so I don't know how much I'll be using the Dare mods. The Crew and Boost mods feel cheap to me, like you already have assists, what more assistance do you need? Again, maybe I'm way off, but I can't really see myself using this too much.

Edited by user Tuesday, August 18, 2015 10:38:38 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#57 Posted : Tuesday, August 18, 2015 10:44:30 AM(UTC)
I like the sound of the Mods, it will definitely make the single player more of a challenge.

The wheel spins are also good, i've got used to them in FH2.
Mash Tuned since 2005 | Youtube

#58 Posted : Tuesday, August 18, 2015 10:46:13 AM(UTC)
Mods are only for career and free play. Mods won't be allowed in Rivals/MP which I agree with.

I think Mods will add a little bit of freshness to the otherwise routine races. As stated many times already the use of Mods are not forced, but by choice. I like having choices. Think I'll use them to get some quick credits in the beginning.
"Racing is life. Anything before or after . . . is just waiting." Steve McQueen, LeMans '71
 4 users liked this post.
#59 Posted : Tuesday, August 18, 2015 10:59:53 AM(UTC)
they are being forced on you even if you dont use them via drivatars and conditioning peoples play style. to claim its not going to invade you game is like claiming all those 2 lap last to 1st carrrrer races didn't lead to online being bumper cars. a drivar that is trained with an assist is going to wreck without the assist, often taking someone else out with them. play 1 and 2? i wish you could but untill they release a series collection disk you cant. severs were shut down for them. and when that happens, when you play fm1 and 2, you will wonder why the game was gutted also. you are lucky in a sense. you cant miss what you never had.

lets think of crackerjacks, the little prize that comes inside. lets say the prize is a quater now and you just got your 1st box of cracker jacks. he a free quarter, this is great. except when it used to be a dollar and the people that have been buying crackerjacks forever realize its not an extra quarter, reality is there is now 75 cents missing. they want the dollar back in. and when cracker jacks drops it to a dime you are going to tell people "no its not a free dime, its a missing dime and nickle" and the dimers are going to wonder why you are gripeing about a dime. i might still love forza if fm5 were my 1st. but it wasn't. the real forzas were. what made the game great is being stripped out of the game and replaced with gimmicks. if you get a chance to play the original forza on an original xbox jump on it. you'll have to play offline only but even half the game is going to leave you feeling like you just played the greatest racing game ever. it really is that good. even at 50% its still superior to any racing game today.

forza is like tiger woods. still has the same name but not even close to the same game. he is probably still better than average, but hes not near the greatness he once was.
 1 user liked this post.
#60 Posted : Tuesday, August 18, 2015 11:03:42 AM(UTC)
As long as these "mods" can ONLY be used in career mode then it's ok. It may help some of the new comers to racing games get through the career races. Lets hope it stays that way and doesn't become some cheat for the cheaters out there.
 4 users liked this post.
#61 Posted : Tuesday, August 18, 2015 11:04:22 AM(UTC)
I am glad t10 is trying to be creative and make single player more enjoyable as to me forza 5's single player "career" was the worst one to date. It just didnt make sense to do it as it really didnt even have any sort of story or a reason to even do it. theres nothing to unlock, there were no gifted cars for winning and even after completing a league all it did was open up a few more races to complete. So unless they actually change the style of the career these mods mean nothing to me. Forza's true bread and butter has always been there online play. I believe the efforts (time/Money) put into this should have been better spent in expanding the online or allocated to expanding the track laser scannig building people. There are tons of cars (you can never have too many) but if you are sick of the places to drive the cars you are not going to continue playing.

T10 needs to stop just doing whatever they "think" their players are going to enjoy and start implementing the features that the players actually do enjoy. I understand it is a business and they are trying to expand and make the game playable for a larger audience however ignoring your existing fans to try and get new ones does not seem like the most beneficial way to do it.

The mods sound to me like the biggest waste of effort. All they had to do was make one level of greater difficulty and one level of even less difficulty and it would have done the same thing. I would have much rather had one more track layout than this.

PTG Home

Race Team
Tester
Tuner
#62 Posted : Tuesday, August 18, 2015 11:18:14 AM(UTC)
It's still unclear to me how it will affect leader boards.
#63 Posted : Tuesday, August 18, 2015 11:24:59 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: PJMikk85 Go to Quoted Post

If you use a mod your lap time shows as a dirty lap. If you use no mods you can set a clean lap.
 2 users liked this post.
#64 Posted : Tuesday, August 18, 2015 11:28:37 AM(UTC)
An awesome addition, I think. Adds some nice variety to the career mode / free play races.
Sleep with a Marine!

Nurburgring VLN Veteran - Porsche 911 GT3
Historical Racing Enthusiast - 1965 Shelby GT350
 2 users liked this post.
#65 Posted : Tuesday, August 18, 2015 11:43:26 AM(UTC)
I'm seriously concerned, and slightly upset, simply because of one line in the page you guys posted...

"Like Skulls in Halo 4..."

So, does that mean it'll completely ruin the balance of gameplay as well, like it does in Halo 4?

Forza isn't a shooter, and nor is it an arcade racer. Forza Motorsport has been, since the first game, an easily-accessible semi-simulator. I see it as a more-realistic version of Racedriver Grid, which is a very, very good thing.

I seriously, seriously hope that this is the first and last time it shows up in the Forza Motorsport series (wouldn't mind it in Horizon, as Horizon is the "arcade" game). I'm happy that it's only reserved for Free Play and Career (although I wish I could fully disable it for Career), but I;m still slightly unhappy that it's an option. This news functions as a glimpse into Forza's future - and I'm not really liking what I'm seeing.

Next time T10... Can you at least do a poll on new feature ideas and have the community vote on it? A simple "Like" and "Dislike" poll would help you guys find out as to what the community likes.

Edited by user Tuesday, August 18, 2015 12:14:46 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

"Racing amuses me." - Enzo Ferrari
#66 Posted : Tuesday, August 18, 2015 11:46:47 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: PJMikk85 Go to Quoted Post

"Mods times are marked on leaderboards and sort to the bottom of the leaderboard, below the times made dirty through cutting" from Dan G.
 1 user liked this post.
#67 Posted : Tuesday, August 18, 2015 12:13:36 PM(UTC)
I think what T10 are trying to do is just make the game more interesting to a wider audience, these mods from what I've read are optional and don't interfere with rivals ect so don't really see any problem, yes I would of liked to have seen more in the way of motorsport added like points championships within the career and qualifying ect but it doesn't look like it's going to happen.

I think the biggest mistake made by many is that Forza motorsport is a sim which IMHO it isn't it is however a fun racing track day game designed to be played and enjoyed by a large market.
I've always been a VIP, guess I always will be.
 2 users liked this post.
#68 Posted : Tuesday, August 18, 2015 12:16:42 PM(UTC)
Really doubting this took a huge amount of development time to get into the game honestly, certainly wouldn't be enough to make a new track or car. Besides, it looks like fun. Fun is a good thing.
#69 Posted : Tuesday, August 18, 2015 12:20:13 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Wo1f 08 Go to Quoted Post
I think what T10 are trying to do is just make the game more interesting to a wider audience, these mods from what I've read are optional and don't interfere with rivals ect so don't really see any problem, yes I would of liked to have seen more in the way of motorsport added like points championships within the career and qualifying ect but it doesn't look like it's going to happen.

I think the biggest mistake made by many is that Forza motorsport is a sim which IMHO it isn't it is however a fun racing track day game designed to be played and enjoyed by a large market.

They're semi-optional. You can choose to not use them - but, from what I've heard, you can't deactivate the Drivatars from using them in Career races.

Edited by user Tuesday, August 18, 2015 12:20:46 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#70 Posted : Tuesday, August 18, 2015 12:22:37 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: RuCarNutz Go to Quoted Post
I'm seriously concerned, and slightly upset, simply because of one line in the page you guys posted...

"Like Skulls in Halo 4..."

So, does that mean it'll completely ruin the balance of gameplay as well, like it does in Halo 4?

I don't know anything about the Skulls in Halo 4, but... since the FM6 "Mods" are for solo / career play only, how on earth could that ruin the balance of gameplay?

And next time T10... Can you at least do a poll on new feature ideas and have the community vote on it? A simple "Like" and "Dislike" poll would help you guys find out as to what the community likes.

From an IGN interview with Dan G http://www.ign.com/artic...-find-their-perfect-race

We’re a huge gaming studio, so obviously we play Madden, we play FIFA, we play Fallout. I’m really excited about Just Cause 3 and Mad Max; I love Avalanche, they make amazing games. So we draw inspiration from all over the place. But the biggest place we draw inspiration is by studying our players and listening to them.

So we really started doing in-depth studies of the people that were playing our games; Forza Motorsport 5, Forza Horizon 2. We did cross-regional surveys. We were asking, 'Why do you play these games? Why do you play this? Why do you play that?' And that was inspiration for our designers to come up with features.

No, Turn 10 didn't post a survey for the teeny, tiny percentage of players (the fans and anti-fans) that frequent this forum. Clearly though - as evidenced by the FM1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 progression, T10 looks at gameplay data from *everyone* who plays the game.
Mod edit - WSD - max 1 line of text with sig --- Please don't use your sig to attack other forum members - Duey
#71 Posted : Tuesday, August 18, 2015 12:23:47 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Zeem Frostmaw Go to Quoted Post
Really doubting this took a huge amount of development time to get into the game honestly, certainly wouldn't be enough to make a new track or car. Besides, it looks like fun. Fun is a good thing.

I think it might be fun for about a minute. Afterward, when you go back to driving without mods, I think they'll very quickly become a nuisance when you're racing Drivatars who are running mods in Career mode.
 2 users liked this post.
#72 Posted : Tuesday, August 18, 2015 12:24:07 PM(UTC)

They're semi-optional. You can choose to not use them - but, from what I've heard, you can't deactivate the Drivatars from using them in Career races.

I thought they were only available for the player, why have the AI have access to them? That doesn't make any sense and would seriously turn it into an arcade game I hand on heart hope your wrong.
 3 users liked this post.
#73 Posted : Tuesday, August 18, 2015 12:28:44 PM(UTC)

I thought they were only available for the player, why have the AI have access to them? That doesn't make any sense and would seriously turn it into an arcade game I hand on heart hope your wrong.

Yes --- Where in the world did anybody get the idea that *Drivatars* would be using Mods????
Mod edit - WSD - max 1 line of text with sig --- Please don't use your sig to attack other forum members - Duey
 4 users liked this post.
#74 Posted : Tuesday, August 18, 2015 12:32:50 PM(UTC)
So much griping about these new features, I just don't get it. It's there for you to use if you want, it is not forced on you. It changes no aspect of the forza that we love in any way, other than when you are playing career mode by yourself. I played Forza 2 and loved the AH and Public lobbies, but those days are gone. I still love Forza and racing online with friends, that is the best part of the game. Forza is tho, in fact a game, a release for fun and enjoyment. Many people play the same games everyday, but we all play in different ways and I'm ok with that, to each their own. I am looking forward to these new MODS, and I will have fun with them in the career mode, that's my choice. You have a choice also, so do as you like, but don't hate on T10 for giving it's customers more features and ways to play their game the way they like. That's like saying "I only like Big Macs, I think that McDonald's should remove the rest of the menu so other people have no choices and have to eat the same item as me if they want to eat at McDonald's" makes no sense. Here is the game, here are the features, play as you like, or dont.
#75 Posted : Tuesday, August 18, 2015 12:32:55 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Don Ente Go to Quoted Post

Yes --- Where in the world did anybody get the idea that *Drivatars* would be using Mods????

So no truth in this statement then Don?
10 Pages12345>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error