10 Pages<<8910Prev
#226 Posted : Wednesday, October 7, 2015 8:07:21 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Zeem Frostmaw Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Tenny80 Go to Quoted Post
They do make a HUGE difference on the endurance races though, I equipped them for the 300 mile endurance race and got a TON of money.

This is true, I do hope to get some major manufacturer EXP boosts from the endurance races when I get round to them.

This is the same for me to, I'm not bothered for using them otherwise, all though I had the rewind dare one on for ages because I forgot about it, was gutted when I realised that all my lap times would be dirty because of it :(
#227 Posted : Wednesday, October 7, 2015 8:12:40 AM(UTC)
I usually run a few practice laps before the race to set clean lap times and see if I need any mods to help balance the car. Mainly use brake, grip, or weight loss mods when needed. Sometimes power increase if I am stuck on a race, as I like setting up grip more than power when upgrading.
#228 Posted : Wednesday, October 7, 2015 11:29:37 PM(UTC)
Ah, merged threads again, cuz why make it easy for anyone ...

Originally Posted by: PJTierney Go to Quoted Post

Now that we've all played the game for about a month I'm curious as to what the general experience has been regarding these.
Do you use them often?
Are there certain Mods you like using?
Any thoughts on how Mods could be (further) improved?

I kinda like that the Mods are there, they don`t hurt anyone, and I imagine they can be especially useful for new players.

The way I used them:
-Always have a dare mod in for extra credit. Makes zero difference to gameplay if you don`t use assists anyway.
-I used +Grip mods everytime a nightrace came up. Imo the grip reduction at night is stupidly exaggerated, no fun. So I took the +Grip mods as way of fixing something that felt broken to me.

1 user liked this post.
#229 Posted : Friday, January 8, 2016 6:12:52 PM(UTC)
I enjoy the concept and think it's a great addition as there always came a point when credits were pointless but after sinking 10s upon 10s of millions on packs and still coming up short on a few mods required for achievements I'm beginning to grow very frustrated. Do we need an alternative way to obtain specific mods? Do we need more of a variety of packs with a more specific type included?

I do think overall they are great as I can't remember a Forza when this far along earning credits was still a priority but I'm not sure that sacrificing buying a car in favor of trying the rng in hopes of getting a specific mod is a good thing.
 1 user liked this post.
#230 Posted : Friday, January 8, 2016 6:28:31 PM(UTC)
I'd like them to be removed from the game. I don't like that there achievements for some of them. I really don't see the point of them.
#231 Posted : Friday, January 8, 2016 10:50:58 PM(UTC)
If you wanna level up very fast,the XP mods are your friend. I invested the 10.000.000 from the Level 300 wheelspin in mods,got a couple of 100% XP mods,did some more endurance races and made it to lvl 400 within 2 days...next big spin,same procedure,got 8x100% mods and doing self created endurance races in my most beloved cars in freeplay mode...
This way everybody is able to climb 100 Levels within 12 hours...
A small point on the moaning side:
This XP mods dont have an influence of the cars performance,so why dirty the laps by using this mods?

Vandalism/Forza Artists/Forza Showrooms/APEX RACING GT/Digital Motorsports on facebook...

#232 Posted : Saturday, January 9, 2016 4:44:34 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: RacingBerzerker Go to Quoted Post
I'd like them to be removed from the game. I don't like that there achievements for some of them. I really don't see the point of them.

don't use them then...no one is forcing you to
#233 Posted : Saturday, April 2, 2016 12:29:01 PM(UTC)
When I first heard there were Mods coming to Forza I was nervous. I swore I would never use them myself but if others wanted them for their own off line racing more power to them. I think in the Lambo race series that the first season and even some last week we had some crashes caused by people practicing off line with some mods on with this car. For Example ( Grip Engineer 12% Grip and 12% Braking ) online with the mods off the car will not drive as good through the corners causing unintended crashes. With damage on this is not good.
I will say though Mods really helped me be a better driver. I have really learned to use the accelerator to help my car turn with the apex of the corner. I used to do it mostly by steering but the mod, giving me more margin of error, taught me what to look for and how to apply it. I'm still not that fast but I think I am a better driver now due to learning from some of the Mods.
#234 Posted : Sunday, May 22, 2016 12:28:08 PM(UTC)
1 thing worth to notice, +braking mods seem to +grip under certain circumstances...

judging by the name, we know +braking mods can somewhat increase the braking performance...
however some of u may have already wondered.
how those mods work exactly...?

as anyone with even the slightest idea on physics shall understood, to increase the braking performance(someway equals to braking efficiency) of a car, there r 2 things to done:
increase the braking power/increase the grip
both 2 matter, lack in any of them won't get things an ideal result.

so those +braking mods increase the braking efficiency or just the braking power only...?
if they increase the braking efficiency...

have done several comparing tests on several different vehicles. I found those +braking mods seem to increase the braking efficiency of the vehicle instead of something else.

for those vehicles with already good enough braking power, +braking mods appear to +grip in order to increase the braking efficiency.

and in some cases, +braking mods can even provide more grip compared to +grip ones.
no wonder y those mods r usually listed in the head of recommended mods...
("+20% braking, +6% grip" master race ;p
though I personally prefer "+10% power, -5% weight"...)

Edited by user Sunday, May 22, 2016 6:25:51 PM(UTC)  | Reason: btw this forum seems to encourage necroing...?

10 Pages<<8910Prev

Notification

Icon
Error